Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
This is pretty terrible. Totally screwing up my work schedule. Thankfully I didn't have any meetings this morning.

Currently waiting for the tow truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That kind of poo poo is a reason to have a supply of stop a douchebag stickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJxIwvFIGY

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Powershift posted:

Please tell me they're still in Cyrillic for some extra wtf factor

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BoostCreep posted:

This is pretty terrible. Totally screwing up my work schedule. Thankfully I didn't have any meetings this morning.

gently caress that guy.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

That looks like a fairly easy car to gain access to the inside of in order to shift it into neutral and give it a push. Heck maybe he didn't even lock it (guessing you probably already tried the doors though).

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Wheel dollies and a nice jack could turn this into a fun morning for the guy. There are all sorts of reasons it'd be a bad idea, but I'd like to imagine the confusion they would get from finding their car parked in between two close trees/poles or something else even more fun.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
remove the schrader valve cores from the tires before the towtruck comes.

When I lived in an apt, we had assigned spots. Some rear end in a top hat's girlfriend would always park in mine. Speaking to the building management never did anything, though they did give me a bunch of "imma tow your poo poo" stickers. didnt make any difference.

I started removing her schrader valves and suddenly, she got the point and never did it again.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

poo poo like this is why I miss giant steel bumpers. I'm not saying he should have just plowed the car out of the way, but at least you'd still be able to dream about doing it without wrecking your car too.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

DiggityDoink posted:

poo poo like this is why I miss giant steel bumpers. I'm not saying he should have just plowed the car out of the way, but at least you'd still be able to dream about doing it without wrecking your car too.

wrangler_ownership.txt

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:byewhore:

Also props to the police officer for answering the kid's questions at the school across the street.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

Also props to the police officer for answering the kid's questions at the school across the street.

Yeah I kind of see why breaking in to move it might not be the best solution here now that I see the bigger picture!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Linedance posted:

Yeah I kind of see why breaking in to move it might not be the best solution here now that I see the bigger picture!

Besides being illegal you mean?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Besides being illegal you mean?

No, precisely for that reason you dolt.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Linedance posted:

No, precisely for that reason you dolt.

Terrible car stuff. Taking your car to the dealer for the 40k maintenance and having a drat screw sticking out of the tire when you park it. They had the audacity to say they could fix it for me, for 20 bucks. I'm like, no thanks guys, I'll get Discount to fix it free where I have my warranty.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

GLENNNNNNDALLEEEEEEEE

Good on you for getting it towed. Most people I know wouldn't "be a dick", but gently caress that guy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

nitrogen posted:

When I lived in an apt, we had assigned spots. Some rear end in a top hat's girlfriend would always park in mine. Speaking to the building management never did anything, though they did give me a bunch of "imma tow your poo poo" stickers. didnt make any difference.

I started removing her schrader valves and suddenly, she got the point and never did it again.

Yeah this works reallllllllllllllly well. Even just one tyre...

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SaNChEzZ posted:

GLENNNNNNDALLEEEEEEEE

Good on you for getting it towed. Most people I know wouldn't "be a dick", but gently caress that guy.

I knocked on doors in the neighborhood, honked my horn for a while to get the owner's attention, and it took the tow truck over an hour to get there and the owner still didn't show up. I even asked the cop if it'd be ok to just move the car back a few feet so I can get out, but they had to tow it.

I tried not to be a dick, but they made me almost two hours late to work.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

You did more than enough to try to solve the problem. I wouldn't have done that much.

If you park and block a driveway and just leave it there, then you're getting a tow truck called on you. There was only one dickhead in this situation, and wasn't you.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Guinness posted:

You did more than enough to try to solve the problem. I wouldn't have done that much.

If you park and block a driveway and just leave it there, then you're getting a tow truck called on you. There was only one dickhead in this situation, and wasn't you.

I remember one time I dad the same thing happen. It was a police car. Thankfully they came out of my then neighbours house and moved it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I wouldn't have even tried to find the owner, that's such an inconsiderate thing to do they deserve to shell out a few hundred bucks in tow fees.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My local cops light up like kids on Christmas morning when they call for a tow.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Guinness posted:

:agreed: parking like that deserves consequence.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

SaNChEzZ posted:

GLENNNNNNDALLEEEEEEEE

Once I saw the Glendale police car, it all made sense.

http://articles.glendalenewspress.c...endale-pharmacy

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
If you backed into that thing in an old pickup at full throttle there's no way a court of law would convict you.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

VacaGrande posted:

If you backed into that thing in an old pickup at full throttle there's no way a court of law would convict you.

Doesn't it need to be a Toyota?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Terrible car stuff would be following any of these idiotic suggestions instead of just getting it towed

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Powershift posted:

These guys are amazing and have the most enormous balls of all time, but holy poo poo are the comments sections on these videos terrible. In one of them a man literally tries to bash the sticker dude's head in with a tire iron and all the comments are "once again women prove that they are the worst and cuntiest".

Really makes me appreciate that our worst problems here are dicks that don't signal and people who double-park their trucks.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Having repaired the lovely ignition switch on that era of Maxima they are shockingly easy to start without a key. Like a few minutes with a Philips screwdriver and you're in business.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

nitrogen posted:

I never removed the valve, but got some revenge on lovely/illegal parking by using a little pebble inside the screw-on cap for the valve. Puts just enough pressure on it to start it leaking so their tires are good and flat by morning. Not only do they get it towed, but then spend extra money having the tires checked out :)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This is where it's great to have a redneck friend of less than stellar intelligence living in the apartment. The richbitch kids on the third floor of the triple decker a friend lived in in college consistently parked their brand new BMWs in front of everyone else's cars, blocking us in, when their lease didn't even allow them to park in the driveway since we got it. Eventually one of my friend's roommates, who owned an incredibly broken dodge 2500 pickup, got so fed up with being parked in that he drove across the lawn and a shrub with it, then used a tow strap to drag their BMW out of the driveway and down the street, still in park. He couldn't get it into a parking space so he simply left it there in the middle of the road.

They got the hint. Might not have been legal, at all, but it certainly solved the problem and we weren't going to stop him.

I didn't actually live there, but I probably spent more time at that apartment than I did in my own.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why are you people loving with someone's car?

Towing them is the right thing to do, and the only thing to do, unless you can easily let them know that they are blocking you, resolving the situation like a couple of adults.

Some people are inconsiderate, some lack spacial awareness, some are assholes, and some are just really, really stupid. Some people are many or all of these things. Some are none.

Don't gently caress with other people's property. It's not yours, it's not your right to be judge, jury, and executioner because someone parked in front of your driveway, or in your parking space, or over the lines.

Jesus.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

eyebeem posted:

Towing them is the right thing to do, and the only thing to do, unless you can easily let them know that they are blocking you, resolving the situation like a couple of adults.

Some people are inconsiderate, some lack spacial awareness, some are assholes, and some are just really, really stupid. Some people are many or all of these things. Some are none.

Don't gently caress with other people's property. It's not yours, it's not your right to be judge, jury, and executioner because someone parked in front of your driveway, or in your parking space, or over the lines.

Jesus.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

eyebeem posted:

Jesus.

you know that every time you go against the grain someone's going to bring up the stroller, right

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

atomicthumbs posted:

you know that every time you go against the grain someone's going to bring up the stroller, right

I want to know when "Don't gently caress with someone's car" became against the grain in AI.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

eyebeem posted:

I want to know when "Don't gently caress with someone's car" became against the grain in AI.

When it became stupid people causing you to not be able to leave your house.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Could you imagine the outcry if someone had suggested driving down the sidewalk and out the next driveway?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Linedance posted:

Could you imagine the outcry if someone had suggested driving down the sidewalk and out the next driveway?

Or just over the lawn and around the tree

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
When someone did that to me, I just towed the car a few feet along so it was clear of the drive entrance. I'm not sure they even noticed I'd done it when they returned.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wayfinder posted:

Or just over the lawn and around the tree

Then there'd be whining about ruining the bodywork when whatever low-slung hatchback that is grinds against the curb. You just don't do that man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I knew if I sat outside the serviceOntario place long enough, eventually something terrible would turn up.