Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
LEPRECHAUN 6: BACK 2 DA HOOD

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay, listen, I'm not trying to make you feel worse at all or anything. Seriously. But I do have to mention that, except for younger (<19 or so) kids that get help early, most behavioral transports I take (I run a behavioral-focused ambulance - we do emergencies too, but 90% of our calls are from a hospital to a psych place or from an emergency (think: cop "HOSPITAL OR JAIL" hospital dropoff that limits holds to 24 hours) psych place to a longer-term hospital) seems to be in the system forever once they get in. Most of our transports are also involuntary, which is usually why they require an ambulance (when someone is 4-point strapped down they require medical monitoring, even from just an EMT).

It's not always the patient's fault, though. The United States is horrible at mental health treatment, and people bounce from facility to facility and from drug to drug for years and years, without their consent. I mean, it starts off all nice and good, with docs that care and prescribe sane doses of medication. Docs that actually try to help people and make them better. Docs that don't immediately medicate somebody, and instead have rehabilitation programs that actually work. Many times, I've heard, in these early stages people can actually get the assistance they need to self-help and get out of a bad situation.

After a certain amount of time, though, both the patient and the patience of the facilities start to wear thin. If people don't show any progress after an extended period of time, a lot of providers will throw their hands up and declare terminal medication. I say "declare," but it really happens piece by piece as a person goes from doc to doc. They go from one facility to another without improvement, and a doctor reads their chart and notes and goes "I can still help this person." He tries his best without resorting to total medication, but if the person still doesn't improve, he'll make his notes and eventually (days, weeks, months, or years down the road depending on the doctor and the severity, as well as state laws and medical district general practices) the patient will go to another doctor, who looks at the notes from two docs, now, that state no improvement or even worsening without severe treatment.

You can see where this is headed.

Eventually, if the person is bound and determined (either intentionally/consciously, as part of a social disorder, or as part of a physical impairment or imbalance) to "not be helped," they circle back around and end up living within this weird "system" for what could be the rest of their lives. This is where our healthcare system fails, because a bastard combination of insurance limits, otherwise innocent medical administration (bookkeeping, not drugs) procedure, and medication administration, means that we have to stop after awhile. There's nobody that really offers long-term help programs that aren't profit-focused or merely publicity fronts for a larger hospital in the end.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
DODGE GRAND CARAVAN OF COURAGE: AN EWOK ADVENTURE

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 29, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
1MAN1JAR

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 29, 2015

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

eat herself alive in the most horrifyingly destructive way i could ever imagine circling the drain

Don't let this happen to yourself, too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

Don't let this happen to yourself, too.

I have a caretaker.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I have a caretaker.

That's a good-rear end catte

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Life's not a Disney movie. Some people don't get happy endings.
Many don't. And you can't save them all. It isn't your fault.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Sometimes people are just lovely. Nothing you can do about that. It took me years to figure out that I couldn't fix other people's problems for them, and the more you try, the more they expect you to do it for them.

All of those people you've dated? They sound like they suck. Sorry. It doesn't matter if you've known someone for 8 years; if they treat you like poo poo at the end, they're still bad. If you have to beg your SO for anything, especially for them to get help, then you're already on the losing side.

Every time you ask someone to get help and they refuse, they're saying they don't value your opinion. They don't care that you are being hurt by their decisions. That is not your fault. It's their fault, and only they can fix it. I say this as someone who has been on both sides of that scenario. And the only way you escape an endless cycle of dating people who take advantage of you is to learn the warning signs and stay away from people who fit those patterns.

You seem like a good person. You're awesome at what you do, you're self-aware enough that you don't try to gently caress other people over, and you care about those around you. People on this forum have supported you and your projects because you have been judged by an impartial panel of strangers to be a good person. Don't drink yourself into oblivion over other people who can't get their poo poo together. Focus on what makes you happier, because you shouldn't punish yourself for other people being idiots.

You should really just be pissed that some people are stupid. And pet your cat.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
It took me until I was thirty-six to find a not-crazy to stick my dick in. I'm now married to that not-crazy, but for a year or two I felt like I was at rock bottom and seriously contemplated suicide since it felt like nobody was ever going to care about me.

It doesn't feel like it'll get better, but it does. We're here for you 13". :unsmith:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Sometimes people are just lovely. Nothing you can do about that. It took me years to figure out that I couldn't fix other people's problems for them, and the more you try, the more they expect you to do it for them.

All of those people you've dated? They sound like they suck. Sorry. It doesn't matter if you've known someone for 8 years; if they treat you like poo poo at the end, they're still bad. If you have to beg your SO for anything, especially for them to get help, then you're already on the losing side.

Every time you ask someone to get help and they refuse, they're saying they don't value your opinion. They don't care that you are being hurt by their decisions. That is not your fault. It's their fault, and only they can fix it. I say this as someone who has been on both sides of that scenario. And the only way you escape an endless cycle of dating people who take advantage of you is to learn the warning signs and stay away from people who fit those patterns.

You seem like a good person. You're awesome at what you do, you're self-aware enough that you don't try to gently caress other people over, and you care about those around you. People on this forum have supported you and your projects because you have been judged by an impartial panel of strangers to be a good person. Don't drink yourself into oblivion over other people who can't get their poo poo together. Focus on what makes you happier, because you shouldn't punish yourself for other people being idiots.

You should really just be pissed that some people are stupid. And pet your cat.

Jesus gently caress listen to this dude. Hanging on to people who won't help themselves is a great way to have a really poo poo life.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All of that stuff is correct and good and I agree completely with it. But also: alcohol makes you depressed, and you are never going to be happy until you stop drinking. It'll suck but a month or two after you're completely sober, you'll start feeling better. It won't fix your life or make the people who have hurt you magically disappear, it won't change your employment or your friends or any of that. But you'll be less depressed and also you'll suddenly have a lot more money as a bonus.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wake up. Breathe. Keep breathing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkNAL85Vc9Y

Nicole Blackman knows what's up.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
People care and worry about you too 13. A bunch of internet strangers are concerned about you. Take care of yourself so we don't have to be pissed that you destroyed yourself

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
drat dude, maybe you need a vacation? Fly
to Thailand or Switzerland or somewhere far away and weird and just get out in the world and recharge for a week.
Plane tickets are crazy cheap now, especially if you fly on Russian airlines.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

On that note I've got a spare bed in sunny blightly if you could make it that far and fancied a holiday.
Coventry has a decent amount of AI stuff to look at.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Where do I buy tickets for the 13 inch world tour?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

If you just want to hang out and watch a movie or so-called-once-Top-Gear and barbeque some poo poo, I'm just around the corner. I will PM you some contact info.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Top Net Gear Flix?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Someone who has mental retardation can't wake up one day normal because people told them not to be retarded.

Sometimes you find people who have brains wired to destroy themselves and others.. you cant fix them by saying dont be retarded. Look at tcc for inspiration... "shat my innards out and nearly killed my family.. next time will dose 75%"

Sucks youve had a bad run but it has to change sometime right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
RAINBOW BRIGHT AND THE FART STEALER

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 29, 2015

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I normally wouldn't recommend this, but join the army or the peace corps, for real.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Yur posst mades the assumption my brain isnt wited waitin for its one chance one excuse to just finally giveup

I dno being hammered all the time isn't good either.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ERNEST GOES TO JAIL

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 29, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BAD TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 29, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
GIGLI

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: https://youtu.be/H13SbiOIVbQ :siren:

OKAY YOU FILTHY ANIMALS LISTEN UP. I HAVE REPLACED THE LAST PAGE WITH SOME ITEMS MORE ENTERTAINING THAN THE DRECK FROM BEFORE. NEW THREAD RULES NO TALKING ABOUT EXES OR CARS OKAY??

LET'S GET MOTIVATED

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Welcome back :)

How's the Honda?

Oh poo poo OK uh then... how's the cat?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh holy poo poo, those edits are amazing :lol:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
CAR TALK IS OKAY

It's what we call in the cutthroat business of being an oversized phallic representation a joke

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
What fluids is the Civic leaking nowadays?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Twerk from Home posted:

All of them :getin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

T1g4h posted:

Oh holy poo poo, those edits are amazing :lol:

They're also all real things... I don't advise the 1 man 1 jar video though. It doesn't end well.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Welcome back now post a loving picture of your cat. We're due at least one.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Twerk from Home posted:

:gizz:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

HE'S ALIVE

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Welcome back now post a loving picture of your cat. We're due at least one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Unlike the Civic or my love life, that catte is functioning to spec.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay guys so listen. I got this in my Fortune Cookie.

My mechanic neighbor who's known I turn wrenches for four years just today put this piece of cardboard out on something that caught my eye.

How bad an idea we talking here.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
If by "bad", you mean "bitchin'", then yeah, that's a totally bad idea. The best kind of bad idea.

Dooooo eeeeeeet.

• Locked thread