Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That's exactly what I'm hoping happens. They can't just leave Masumi's plot thread hanging, drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaze Dragon posted:

It'd be cool if they do, and they find out that the LDS has actually been training more Lancers to protect Standard, as Reiji said they would. So Obelisk Force appears ,and they're stopped by a powered-up, Pendulum-using Masumi, Yaiba, Mieru, and whoever else isn't a card.

You have no idea how much I would love this because GEM-KNIGHT PENDULUMS WOULD BE AWESOME.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And the brand new awesome Lancer who uses Pendulum Naturias? :unsmith:

.... :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

In other news I think I may retire from the game until either Cyber Dragon Infinity or Planetellarknight Whatever gets banned.

Because hey, guess what, it's no fun fighting a Harpie deck and suddenly having to face down Infinity out of nowhere. :argh:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just saw the first Yuya / Reiji match, what the hell happened with Reiji's Pendulum's? Like did that have a logical reason for happening or did it just happen so Yuya wouldn't eat a serious loss so early?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just saw the first Yuya / Reiji match, what the hell happened with Reiji's Pendulum's? Like did that have a logical reason for happening or did it just happen so Yuya wouldn't eat a serious loss so early?

Logical in the YuGiOh world, sure. There weren't any Pendulum cards in the game until Yuya magically created them, so Reiji made his own but they weren't 100% stable. It's kind of a big deal when he perfects them and then everybody can Pendulum Summon.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ConanThe3rd posted:

He does say it: His cards aren't as 'good' or functional as Yuya's.
Here is where the shonen technology/technique/hissatsu ougi stuff comes in.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He does say it: His cards aren't as 'good' or functional as Yuya's.
Here is where the shonen technology/technique/hissatsu ougi stuff comes in.

It is kind of neat, actually. When his Philosopher pendulums destablize, you see their scale numbers change and their pendulum effects appear on the cards, themselves. When he initially played them, they had no pendulum effects.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
That spider thing that trap monsters got is absolutely nuts for control. Too bad trap monsters take up not just a monster zone, but a spell/trap zone as well.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 30, 2015

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Slur posted:

That spider thing that trap monsters got is absolutely nuts for control. Too bad trap monsters take up not just a monster zone, but a spell/trap zone as well.

That deck was amazing to play against, can you post the deck list?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

That deck was amazing to play against, can you post the deck list?

It's undergoing modification right now. Heavy modification.

I'll post it tomorrow.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just marathoned through the second half of Arc-V, it really is loving awesome.

The fact Yuya isn't invincible and in fact gets his rear end kicked regularly is a fantastic change of pace for the series, Reiji is a manipulative bastard very reminicent of Godwin.

The whole thing with the dimensions is a great storyline that offers plenty of potential, is a good thing that they've manage to made every relevant character interesting. Otherwise it would be easy to get burned out of so many characters. Speaking of characters, I love how everyone who has shown on the series eventually plays an important role (except for the quiz kid, gently caress that guy). Yuya's mom suddenly becoming a badass gang leader was the best. Sucks that Mieru isn't part of the lancers though.

Lots of callbacks here and there that make the series a treat for all of us who grew watching the older series.

The series still has its weak points, the battle royal against the final three Obelisk force members got stupid after the third interruption and is really distracting how everyone keeps confusing Yuya/Yuto/Yugo/Yuri and Serena/Yuzu/Rin/Ruri despite not looking similar at all.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Reiji is basically Kaiba but with Goodwin's personality.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Onmi posted:

He's not a people person. We all think it's Reira because he keeps silent and doesn't like talking but Reiji isn't any better. I'm trying to work in a NEET for Serena joke but it's getting away from me, so supply your own.

It took me a while but I found it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sucks that Mieru isn't part of the lancers though.

Really? Because all she's been doing in the past few episodes is saying "Darling" in multitudes of expressive manners.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Just be happy that "Shibeeeruuu~~"-kid isn't a lancer.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Shivers needs to duel more. He has the coolest deck in the show.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Xoidanor posted:

Uhg. Seriously, gently caress that kid. Worst part of the show.

I do like the idea of Masumi, Yaiba, and Mieru cranking out their Lancer quals off screen and have them be the home base defense line during the inevitable second Fusion invasion.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If only he didn't have the most annoying catchphrase.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Slur posted:

It's undergoing modification right now. Heavy modification.

I'll post it tomorrow.

Awesome. :v:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Wake me up when Cyber Dragon Infinity or Planetellarknight Ptolemaios is banned.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 30, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On the upside, I will thankfully never have to see Infinity in my locals for at least a year

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Also, here's the current Trap Monster deck list - heavily revised in order to include synchros. Please ask questions and post feedback for the deck to increase its speed. Thank you.

MONSTERS (5):

3x Yuki Usagi
2x Effect Veiler

SPELLS (12):

3x Magic Planter
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Pot of Duality
1x Raigeki

TRAPS (23)

3x Earthen Spider Statue
3x Metal Reflect Slime
3x Abyssal Stungray
3x Tiki Curse
3x Imperial Custom
3x Zoma the Spirit
2x Tiki Soul
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Solemn Warning
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

EXTRA DECK:

1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Crimson Blader
1x Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Moonlight Rose Dragon
1x Leo, the Keeper of Sacred Trees
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Illusions
1x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK
1x Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora
1x Castel, The Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Constellar Pleaides

A huge change with this build is the abundance of synchro monsters added to the extra deck, as well as the removal of Swamp Mirrorers and Quantum Cats for excessive draw power.

Slur fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 30, 2015

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Any info on finishing the tag team tourney?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Onmi said he was going to do it "soon", but I don't see a point; Team Tribute already won.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 30, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Onmi said he was going to do it "soon", but I don't see a point; Team Lame already won.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Seriously, I would have bet money on Team XYZ to take it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PowerBeard posted:

Seriously, I would have bet money on Team XYZ to take it.

With how good monarchs are currently?
It was a toss up, whoever got to their setup first got the win. An considering Team Tribs had near identical decks (iirc) they could set up and stall like no other team playing.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Slur posted:

Onmi said he was going to do it "soon", but I don't see a point; Team Tribute already won.

Proving you wrong is why I want to finish it!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I'm playing a variety of rogue decks today in effort to search for the answer of "how to gently caress Cyber Dragon Infinity over unexpectedly". Yuki Usagi is now my all-time favourite card.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Also, here's the current Trap Monster deck list - heavily revised in order to include synchros. Please ask questions and post feedback for the deck to increase its speed. Thank you.

You're playing Yuki Usagi but no E-Tele?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

You're playing Yuki Usagi but no E-Tele?

I'm not using Yuki Usagi mainly as a tuner.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It could still be worth running as a one-off. Getting things like Goyo and Crimson Blader are easy wins conditions.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

It could still be worth running as a one-off. Getting things like Goyo and Crimson Blader are easy wins conditions.

I'll try it. The reason for my reluctance is that it takes two turns to summon the non-tuner trap monsters. If I could instantly normal summon then e-tele for a synchro, I wouldn't hesitate.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So is there's any of the pre-tournament episodes I can skip in Arc-V? (Following the first Reiji duel)

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

So is there's any of the pre-tournament episodes I can skip in Arc-V? (Following the first Reiji duel)

All of them.

Slur fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 1, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

All of them.

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo Stream's in 10 minutes.

Not the duel with The Man Gongenzaka :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

There's a 10 episode or so filler arc between the first duel with Reiji and the start of the tournament arc. Otherwise, not really.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just the quiz one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Someone should make a "Shivers" compilation to help people catch up.