Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tirade posted:

Also not one woman among them. I don't want to go all :biotruths: but I think women are somehow less predisposed to having poo poo political views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Tirade posted:

Also not one woman among them. I don't want to go all :biotruths: but I think women are somehow less predisposed to having poo poo political views.

Could it possibly have something to do with the regressive nature of the members of the party rather than the nobility of women?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

I see your bishop

And raise you a....

poo poo, i guess i just call your bishop.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tirade posted:

There is just something so appealing about a return to the cultural values and social constructs of the 1950's. I can't understand why the women aren't queuing up to join either.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Be still my beating ~fart~

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

Could it possibly have something to do with the regressive nature of the members of the party rather than the nobility of women?

Basically every opinion poll that splits responses by gender has shown women have more progressive views than men.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
All I see are space lizards in human suits who are out to get me and control the Political landscape.

FAKE EDIT: Accursed undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenia.

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 29, 2015

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

fliptophead posted:

Does withdrawing the ambassador actually mean anything?

In civilization 5, denouncing a rival civilization automatically withdraws your ambassador and you have to renegotiate to exchange embassies if you want to normalize relations again.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Serrath posted:

In civilization 5, denouncing a rival civilization automatically withdraws your ambassador and you have to renegotiate to exchange embassies if you want to normalize relations again.

Now how will we track Indonesia's fleet movements?!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

Basically every opinion poll that splits responses by gender has shown women have more progressive views than men.

Women do not like the status quo as much as men because women do not benefit from it as much as men. This is not surprising.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

norp posted:

I see your bishop

And raise you a....

poo poo, i guess i just call your bishop.

Call.

Ahh Yes
Nov 16, 2004
>_>

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:stonkhat:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I'll meet your sexualised imagery and raise you a first dog:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Are 9 lives too high a price to pay for brevity in FDOTM comics? I suggest not.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

poo poo. If you're going to play at least take the jokers out of the deck.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
women only have "progressive" views relative to the patriarchy

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pickled Tink posted:

I'm not Snoop Dogging this one.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Pickled Tink posted:

I gotta ask, is this garbage posted out of irony or what? serious question.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
It's gone past a point where he can get a real job so he just churns out whatever and doesn't even care.

I'd do the same thing and spend the rest on meth to even out how dead I felt inside.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Besides the photoshopping that is one strangely proportioned body ms Palin is sporting.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

i got banned posted:

It's gone past a point where he can get a real job so he just churns out whatever and doesn't even care.

I'd do the same thing and spend the rest on meth to even out how dead I felt inside.

This is the one I reckon that turned him to the pipe. There's no coming back after going as batshit crazy as this...

You would be weeping at your desk daily dreading the next deadline.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
It's wordy political satire and Australians don't like reading things that are confronting let alone with cartoons on them

political satire works best when you point out their failings with humour using words that convey meaning succinctly.

see fig.1
A biting commentary on the inability of the Irish to fit in when the niggers just accept the status quo because questioning things gets you whipped.

I miss the 1800s

i got banned fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 29, 2015

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How long has First Dog been doing that thing with the bucket on Tony's head anyway? It's never been funny. If anything it makes him look way more appealing.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
"paper bagging" someone to make them more attractive is probably beyond his scope of satire though, right? Why not just use a paper bag if that's the joke. What's with the bucket?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

I will be honest. This isn't exactly what I was expecting from Pope today but he is so ahead on points lately he can draw whatever the gently caress he likes.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
Would you ever dob in anyone you cared about to our completely incompetent law enforcement forces and expect a different result?

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Is it wrong of me to buy shares in big tobacco to punish Indonesia?

Condemnation seems to be doing sweet gently caress all.

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
Any country that lets children smoke cigarettes is a country I can get behind 100% because we are overpopulated and humans suck

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If people can post First Dog every day I can keep everyone appraised of Gerard Henderson's latest writings.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I had to check if it was written April 1st. :wow:

E: quoted wrong one.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 29, 2015

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Anyone with ties to print media fellates real estate as it's pretty much the only ad revenue they have.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Who was it that worked for the AEC? Got a question I need to ask, some vote counts are missing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nibbles! posted:

Anyone with ties to print media fellates real estate as it's pretty much the only ad revenue they have.

That used to be true, but seems like starting to see a few more articles in print media pointing out the craziness that is Australian real estate at the moment.

I can only assume even real estate ads aren't paying any more, and the newspapers are now subsisting entirely on change people drop into th busking hats strategically placed outside every major newspaper office these days.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Hey Pickled Tink, you should do a First Dog megapost in the Politoons thread, I've read some complaints there today about comics with too many words. :getin:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Murodese posted:

Who was it that worked for the AEC? Got a question I need to ask, some vote counts are missing.

They must have fallen off the back of a truck.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zetsubou-san posted:

Hey Pickled Tink, you should do a First Dog megapost in the Gas Chamber, I've read some complaints there today about comics with too many words. :getin:
Fixed.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can't abuse human rights in defiance of international law and then criticise others for doing the same. How did this weaken our ability to plead for mercy for our own citizens?

"Only a pathetically weak leader would execute the powerless to prove his strength."

That's Fairfax journalist Peter Hartcher's assessment of the cruel and inhumane way in which Jokowi put humanity and judicial rigour aside in the lead-up to the executions of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

He's right.

But substitute the words "people smuggler" for "drug smuggler" and ask yourself this: how is Indonesia's unjust, hard-line, domestically focused mistreatment of foreigners any different to ours?

Australia too has refused to acknowledge the humanity of foreigners; Australia too has mistreated people in defiance of international law; Australia too has defended its policies using hyperbolic language - all on the basis that punishing a few will save many more.

But will Jokowi's actions stop drug smuggling any more than Australia's mistreatment of refugees and their children will prevent people smuggling or stop people fleeing war and unrest?

In the end, Indonesia isn't the only country punishing the weak and the powerless for the sake of a weak and powerless leader's grasp at popularity.

Something to remember in the next few days is that you lose any claim to moral superiority if you only selectively choose to be compassionate. Human rights are universal, not optional. Many in Australia have criticised Indonesia for pleading clemency for its own condemned nationals overseas - but you can't abuse human rights in defiance of international law and then criticise others for doing the same.

As Tony Abbott said today:
It was completely unacceptable for Indonesia to proceed as it did when critical legal processes were yet to run their course, raising serious questions about Indonesia's commitment to the rule of law.
These executions significantly weaken Indonesia's ability to plead mercy for its own citizens facing execution around the world.

So what of our refusal to allow for appeals for refugees, to retrospectively change the law, to ignore refoulement contraventions, to designate unborn children "illegals", toexcise the Australian mainland from Australia's migration zone?

When the Prime Minister boasts that his Government won't "succumb to the cries of human rights lawyers", why should he expect Jokowi's government to do this?

And what of our casual treatment of Indonesia's borders in the name of our "sovereign" ones? How did this weaken our ability to plead for mercy for our own citizens? And how do our human rights abuses affect our ability to lecture others on theirs - a particularly pertinent point, given our bid to join the UN Human Rights Council, even as the new Sri Lankan government accuses the Abbott Government of being silent about the Rajapaksa regime's human rights abuses in return for cooperation on Australia's asylum seeker policy?

What happened in Indonesia last night was terrible - but so too is what is happening every day in our detention centres and on the seas. The same secrecy, the same defiant cruelty, the same indignantly self-righteous sophistry.

Chan and Sukumaran definitely did not deserve such a punishment for a foolish mistake they made as young men, but why do children and babies, brought by their parents or born in detention, deserve the punishment meted out to them by the Australian Government and its contractors - a life spent in detention without rights or adequate medical and other care?

If only the Government acted as quickly on reports of sexual abuse in detention as it has in regards to these poor Australian men.

And if only our Government - whether Liberal or Labor - recognised that you only have moral authority if you exercise and respect, rather than dodge or ignore, your moral obligations.

If only. It's a tragedy for all of us, whether Indonesian or Australian.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-29/barnaby-joyce-calls-for-death-penalty-discussion/6432286

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also laughing at Barnaby on TV calling for a 'discussion' on the death penalty in Australia.

• Locked thread