Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I've always wanted to make a bunch of these about different things that are all rigged to answer that you are E.B. from Deadwood.

What breakfast sandwich are you?

You are E.B. Farnum from Deadwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I've always wanted to make a bunch of these about different things that are all rigged to answer that you are E.B. from Deadwood.

What breakfast sandwich are you?

You are E.B. Farnum from Deadwood.

I haven't watched Deadwood yet, but I am visualizing Farnum as a Walton Goggins type. Is that the insult?

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Whats so great about the Bills helmet? The racing stripes look like stickers pulled off a pinewood derby car. Whats the red line supposed to be anyway? Blood? Why is your mascot dying? Old lone standing bison was superior IMO.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god the titans are just the loving worst tho

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Alouicious posted:

god the titans are just the loving worst tho

there really are no redeeming qualities to their jerseys

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Titans do have that shoulder color stripe that no other uniform has, which I like. But it is also the only noteworthy thing about their jersey in any way. The helmet is bland. The colors are bland. Everything about the Titans is bland and forgettable.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Febreeze posted:

The Titans do have that shoulder color stripe that no other uniform has, which I like. But it is also the only noteworthy thing about their jersey in any way. The helmet is bland. The colors are bland. Everything about the Titans is bland and forgettable.

serious question what exactly makes the titans forgettable? lack of media coverage? lack of star power? being mediocre for a long time?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Metapod posted:

serious question what exactly makes the titans forgettable? lack of media coverage? lack of star power? being mediocre for a long time?

i mean the answer is obviously a combination of all of it and other factors?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Iron Clad Lou posted:

Whats so great about the Bills helmet? The racing stripes look like stickers pulled off a pinewood derby car. Whats the red line supposed to be anyway? Blood? Why is your mascot dying? Old lone standing bison was superior IMO.

it looks good and works really well with the jersey?

i don't know, it's pretty simple, i don't know how else to break it down for you.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Metapod posted:

All 4 combined, really. The last time I remember the Titans mattering was when CJ2k was doing his 2k. They've spent the last 5 or so years not being bad enough to be a hilarious trainwreck, but not being good enough to matter, so they occupy this weird in-between. But unlike say, the Giants, they don't have the national presence and fanbase to continue getting coverage when they are mediocre.

The uniforms don't have much to do with it, but they don't help. Too many teams wear some form of blue so they can't stand out that way either.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only titans uniform that looks good is the all-white and even that isn't as good as most other all-whites

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Forget the Titans

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They stole the Oilers and kept the color scheme to remind us of how great they could look. And then they just leave the Oiler stuff in mothballs to roll out ugly Titans junk

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea I think the Oilers' color scheme was pretty boss.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
The Titans' uniforms look like the uniforms of the rival high school that get five minutes of screen time in a heartwarming coming-of-age story focused on a football team.

Every part of their style just screams "generic football team." Which is a shame.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New UNC Tarheel uniforms

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hahahah the loving argyle collar

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i like the argyle collar and pants stripe but i'm a hipster oh well

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
UNC is a garbage football program that has nothing on the future perennial powerhouse Duke Blue Devils.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

They're very good imo

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Super dope if you ask me. Loving that black in particular.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

That collar is cool, more teams should do unique collar/shoulder patterns. It actually looks really badass on the pants, too, probably better

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

i like the argyle collar and pants stripe but i'm a hipster oh well

I like it too, and I like to think I'm not a hipster. (I am)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Argyle is the poo poo.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Too bad Wake Forest can't get their poo poo together, and come up with a really cool Demon Deacon uniform. They have the best nicknames in sports they need to step up their uni game.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

These might be my favorite new uniforms I've seen since those Navy Dress Whites last year.

Better view of the helmet:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Can't argue looks slick UNC, also Michigan St got some updates to their uniforms as well. I'm still dreaming of decent Hokie uniforms from Nike one day.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Can't argue looks slick UNC, also Michigan St got some updates to their uniforms as well. I'm still dreaming of decent Hokie uniforms from Nike one day.

Sparty had some Baylor uniforms made up for some reason. Not an improvement over their usual look, imo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Those UNC unis are great, especially the black. It goes so well with that blue.

These are the only jerseys VT should ever wear:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

wandler20 posted:

These are the only jerseys VT should ever wear:

Those have been our jerseys for almost 6 years now. Time for a refresh, that said the helmet that got cut out of that photo is the loving best helmet we've worn besides our regular helmet in forever.

My biggest issue with those is that unlike say LSU/Ole Miss/UCLA who have history with it, we don't I find them forgettable especially with the rotating cast of pants and helmets we've had the past few years. I want our uniforms to have a bit more brand identity to them.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Those have been our jerseys for almost 6 years now. Time for a refresh, that said the helmet that got cut out of that photo is the loving best helmet we've worn besides our regular helmet in forever.

My biggest issue with those is that unlike say LSU/Ole Miss/UCLA who have history with it, we don't I find them forgettable especially with the rotating cast of pants and helmets we've had the past few years. I want our uniforms to have a bit more brand identity to them.

you say you want a refresh, but really those pictured jerseys are sick as hell and won't be improved by a remake. 6 years is not a long time and if they're great why the gently caress change them?

the cougs current uniforms are decent and have grown on me since they first launched, but our 80s-90s unis were by far the best and I wish we'd go back to them. even the early 00's were good, but the single biggest problem with our current unis are that we no longer have any helmets with the Cougars cursive script logo, formerly our most iconic helmet.

seriously look at our 1981 jerseys, obviously they'd be more form-fitting now but the colors and patterns own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sTPRZCRRY&t=245s

that whole video owns btw. narrated by Sir Keith loving "Grand Daddy of Them All" Jackson

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
6 years lmao

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
smdh if your uniform is so awful your team ever changes them even the slightest bit

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

6 years lmao
For real. The only things Georgia's changed in like 30 years are the tint of the pants, the collar and the font/numbering and those all pissed everybody off.

The pro combats never happened shut the gently caress up.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is gonna fully reveal their new uniforms tomorrow, but they've released three teasers

The red and black pants are better than the white ones.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Here are the full ones

Not digging the full red. Red top with black pants might work better. Hey Reb logo on the shoulder might be a bit much. At least we're not a knock off ohio state anymore

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You just need to go all out and it sort of flips back around to awesome because your brain stops working. No you're not thinking all out enough. Like this:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Did they get rid of the rule that you can't wear a combination that matches your field color? I remember they were tossing that around for a while regarding Boise State, but that was before anybody else was changing field colors IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

You just need to go all out and it sort of flips back around to awesome because your brain stops working. No you're not thinking all out enough. Like this:

I loving love colored fields.

• Locked thread