Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So has anyone taken the initiative to transform Too Many Cooks into Too Many Jacks, either in YouTube or gif form?

Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

No, because there is no such thing as too many Jacks.
But that video does have something ever so slightly Homestuckian about it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Starts out about happy people in a house, swiftly becomes some off the wall batshit sci-fi esque stuff, then everyone dies.

That's as Homestuck as you can get without painting half the cast grey and sticking Halloween confections to their craniums.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

In case you were wondering just where in Europe it hasn't already been midnight, in Ponta Delgada, on the Azores, which are legally part of Portugal, it's 11:38 PM as I post this. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/portugal/ponta-delgada-azores

E: And if you count Greenland as part of Denmark which is part of Europe, it's 9:51, time having moved on since the original post. http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_GL.aspx Reading the Wiki page and determining authoritatively whether you consider Greenland part of Denmark is left as an exercise for the reader.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 30, 2015

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
The page is being kind of weird for me, it is showing there being a 4/29 update, but when I click on that link, it goes back to the last update, and then 4/29 disappears from the left, with 4/28 being at the top.

I've tried forced refreshing, and nothing.

Anyone else getting this?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

looks like its in the process of being uploaded, link leads to a blank MSPage

e: yep, being updated as we speak

ee: oh my gosh, how cute. :kimchi:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 30, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Starts out about happy people in a house, swiftly becomes some off the wall batshit sci-fi esque stuff, then everyone dies.

That's as Homestuck as you can get without painting half the cast grey and sticking Halloween confections to their craniums.

Also: both have way too goddamn many characters

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Load is still not working for me. Anybody else having problems? I got two pages in, to the dialogue with Terezi and the next page, 9380, won't load.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Load is still not working for me. Anybody else having problems? I got two pages in, to the dialogue with Terezi and the next page, 9380, won't load.

Yeah, I'm having issues, too. Amusing since we were discussing 'lol remember when the serer couldn't handle the strain??' like a page ago.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I got through the entire update, but I did have some trouble loading the pages. So it can be done, but not easily.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Last page I can get to is 009385. Mostly just John catching up with everyone. And a pretty great fistbump.

The only weird thing is that John is told that all their enemies are still outside the incipisphere (aka, all the Jacks), which makes me wonder where the Batterwitch is. It's true that it took her a while to show up during Aranea's powergrab. But where the gently caress else does she need to be?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm still wondering why Davesprite is dead. Is there something I missed?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Interesting. I cleared my cache and now 9377 doesn't have an arrow on it any more.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Color Printer posted:

He was on LOWAS when it Johnsploded.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He was on LOWAS when it Johnsploded.

Ah! Yes, right. I forgot.

rip

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Color Printer posted:

He blow up. I dunno the page, but he was with this timelines John when he exploded.

Edit: beaten.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Here is the important part of the update, for those that can't load it:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I want everyone to acknowledge the sweet irony of Vriska hitting on John only for John to promise to hit her should she need it again.

It's everything I wanted and more

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bobulus posted:

Here is the important part of the update, for those that can't load it:

http://i.imgur.com/XJbzSaG.gif

I'm currently unable to load it, so thank you. That is amazing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

JOHN: if you ever need another really important punch in the face, just let me know. i'm your man.

Even the world's sweetest doof recognizes some people need to be beaten regularly, like gongs.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Tavros is just trying so hard, bless his boots ghost tail-foot thing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Rose being unable to deal with her current predicament was amazing.

Lalondes best humans.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Dave called Vriska a poo poo and I am pleased.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
lol at John and Dave owning Karkat

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Parts of Tumblr have now decided that the flaky now-you-see-them-now-you-don't of the pages isn't about the servers, but is actually foreshadowing of something plot-related.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Parts of Tumblr have now decided that the flaky now-you-see-them-now-you-don't of the pages isn't about the servers, but is actually foreshadowing of something plot-related.

Parts of Tumblr are full of baloney.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Parts of Tumblr are full of baloney.

Oh, if it were only baloney.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my god everyone is more or less ok and not currently screaming and bleeding all over each other... does vriskas villainy know no bounds

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's weird actually getting something akin to payoff where everyone meets and chats, catches up a bit, nothing explodes and no breakneck plot-point is being served up. Still, odds are low we'll sit here and watch John riddle the poo poo with Dave and Karkat, we'll probably cut away then cut back once they've all had a chance to share.

I enjoyed Dave and John's little "alternate selves are confusing just embrace that some versions of us are now together" bit. Dave's aware enough to note the weirdness of John apparently saving his life somehow but also let it slide. I also like John feeling more sympathy to Davesprite now that he's forced to confront all of his friends being alternate universe versions of the originals, and I suspect Davesprite might still reemerge.

I guess this Tavros never met John in the dream bubbles and so has no reason to feel hostile toward him, and this Vriska never dated Beta-John or otherwise saw John at all since their little chats and him punching her in the face. Going to be interesting to see how much those alternate experiences will impact John's opinion of them, he's already pretty leery.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

paranoid randroid posted:

my god everyone is more or less ok and not currently screaming and bleeding all over each other... does vriskas villainy know no bounds

She is preventing [S]John: Have a heartfelt reunion with your nanna and sister :colbert:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I'm picturing it so perfect. Woosh to Karkat, Woosh to John, Woosh to Dave and "BUNP". Gif people?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If you're having trouble seeing the panels just keep reloading the pages until they show up.

The Bro Pack of John, Dave, and Karkat is the best loving thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

We can only hope, john.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Of course John's such a doofus he thinks it'll be okay to just wake Jade up.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If server problems were a plot point in homestuck they would be the main villain.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Lord English is the 1,500,000 people mashing refresh.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I always liked how Terezi interacts with John, and how she just makes up poo poo on the go without second thought. Terezi is p. great is what I'm sayin here.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I have a voice in my head for most major characters, but I never thought to wonder what an angry rant shouted through a smile would sound like.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

THIS is the update that kills mspa.com?

oh well, back to F5ing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
John didn't say hello to Kanaya. :colbert: