Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

dr_rat posted:

Andertoons has seemed to of pretty much turned into boardroom meeting charts the comic and to be honest I'm pretty okay about that.

The author has ads on the buses around Washington, DC. They're all for insurance or something, and they're all boardroom "jokes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

The author has ads on the buses around Washington, DC. They're all for insurance or something, and they're all boardroom "jokes."

I've noticed those as well, although there are a few in the people-looking-at-signs genre as well. The ones I've seen have been pro-Medicare Advantage.

(Living in the DC area, you see a lot of ad campaigns for various PACs and issues that are aimed at government workers, congressional staffers, and the like. My Metro stop is decorated with a massive ad campaign calling out the SEC director, by name, demanding she take action on campaign finance.)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Just follow a YouTube guide. That's the answer for all DIY projects today.

Bleeker

Yeah that tends to happen with 9-year-old electronics.

On the Fastrack

Useful for making meatloafs

Safe Havens

Bad idea. They're probably videotaping it too and going to use it as blackmail.

Recess

There is a brief interactive component in the voting

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 29, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Selachian posted:

The ones I've seen have been pro-Medicare Advantage.

Ah yeah, that's what it is. I couldn't remember specifically.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RIP Mrs. Curly. Let's all take a moment to remember that if Curly was real, he'd have died of natural causes himself decades ago, and that's the real Kick in the Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Let's all take a moment to remember that fantastic Simpsons sound effect gag.

Ballard Street

Let's all take a moment to remember that we should still be terrified. The dogs have not stopped in their advance.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Useful for making meatloafs
Believe it or not, 3D printed food is actually a thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

I've noticed those as well, although there are a few in the people-looking-at-signs genre as well. The ones I've seen have been pro-Medicare Advantage.

(Living in the DC area, you see a lot of ad campaigns for various PACs and issues that are aimed at government workers, congressional staffers, and the like. My Metro stop is decorated with a massive ad campaign calling out the SEC director, by name, demanding she take action on campaign finance.)

My favorite Metro ads were the General Dynamics (I think?) ones trying to sell aircraft carriers.

Runner-up would be the Fallout 3 ones depicting a destroyed DC, because that's what I wanted to see every day.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Calaveron posted:

The school being named "St. Godzilla's" is the only thing that I've ever found mildly amusing in Brooke's disasterpiece of a comic strip.

Sadly it's actually St. Camilla's, but to be fair if I'd been a teenager at a Catholic high school I'd come up with a name like that too.

Also for whoever was asking this is the first time the younger nun meets that priest. When I first started reading the strip in this thread the younger nun had quit being a nun to get married to the priest (who obviously also quit), and she was giving birth to their first child in the company of the older nun, who had a weird prolonged hallucination about God and The Owl and the Pussycat. It was stupid and pretentious and told me everything I needed to know about 9CL.

I need to go have a long hard think about who I am as a person for knowing so much about this goddamn strip.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

I still don't get who Wiley's trying to :iceburn: here. The "1%"or something?

"Them" is going to be Hipsters.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wait, so it didn't rhyme when you originally wrote it? Publishing magically makes things rhyme? What?

I wondered about that too. Might it be a dig at the poetry they normally print for not rhyming?

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (January 31-February 1, 1927)

drat... I find it amazing that one of the best and most genuine strips in this whole thread is almost 100 years old. Out Our Way is drat good.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

With four words and one image, Out Our Way managed to provoke a more genuine emotional reaction from me than every so-called dramatic strip ever did. drat man. :smith:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Curly no :negative:

You must suffer the curse of being the author's favorite.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

SomeMathGuy posted:

With four words and one image, Out Our Way managed to provoke a more genuine emotional reaction from me than every so-called dramatic strip ever did. drat man. :smith:

I love that it's apparent that Curly read the news and broke down, and the others took off their hats as respect. The only one who isn't uncomfortably looking in the distance is the old guy, who has surely been through the same news at some point himself. Just great little details.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

His dandy ol' ma. :smith:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
After all that, it makes me feel kind of sheepish to say it's time for another Pogo strip about butterflies with teeth, but there you go. (May 1, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (July 13, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wait, so it didn't rhyme when you originally wrote it? Publishing magically makes things rhyme? What?

It's fashionable with so-called "poetry" these days not to rhyme and most of the poetry in this publication follows that trend. Ellie writes real poetry, however, and so it rhymes. This sets it apart from the others.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Wait, it's Bart Hamilton?! :monocle: Good job, Stan, you caught me by surprise.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Was there a conclusion to that papier-mache thing, or did the Evanses drop it in embarrassment?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So she's also la llorona?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Ok yes a car hit him hard enough to throw him but not hard enough to break skin anywhere, that's some pro-tier police work

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
These latest Zippy streets are getting really ominous and creepy.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Yes, Gunther, maybe it's time to try... new things", Quill smiled as he gently pushed Gunther prone on the bed. "Get out of your rut... and your clothes."

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

You can do to whatever to Max Headroom, but you do not loving touch Jem and the Holograms, you sick bastard.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

What'd she do, just let herself in?

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 4/30/2004

Yep, you've got that humility thing down tight, huh?

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Life imitates art, or vise-versa.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set hates small portions.

Working Daze can't keep the Cousin Itt thing going for a full week. Also, what the hell is Rita doing? Dancing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What does she want him to use? :confused:

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Holy poo poo!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

No, they haven't updated since the 28th and I didn't notice because I usually skip over Emmy Lou :ssh:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Secret Chief Hojo is proto-Bender

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Tongs, I suppose. Does anyone actually insist on ice untouched by human hands (assuming reasonable basic standards of cleanliness are in place)?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 1, 1928)

Okay, I'm totally lost. Who used offa the Pacific before 1928?

Peanuts (May 2, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean, in which Les is the belle of the ball.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 2-3, 1927)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Wait, this guy's seeing a mental health professional?? That proves he's a loony! Book 'im, Alfie! He's Barking Mad Comix!

Pooch Café

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting Bone Ripper to look quite so much like Danny DeVito.

Ballard Street

Marcus invents a completely waterproof car battery and uses it to repeatedly flood his own bathroom to the point that things sink into the floor like it's a plush couch cushion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

• Locked thread