Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Nordick posted:

20 photos of happy dogs being best buddies. Extremely pro click, many of these are among the cutest dog pictures I've seen in ages.

http://www.boredpanda.com/dog-best-friends/

You may have saved me today, friend. My job has been crushing me and today felt like the end of my rope. But then I saw puppy frands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Glad to be of help. :) I hope you'll feel better soon. Hang in there! :glomp:

EDIT: Uh, that may not have been the best choice of words since you mentioned rope. Sorry, terrible pun not intended. :shobon:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Nordick posted:

Glad to be of help. :) I hope you'll feel better soon. Hang in there! :glomp:

EDIT: Uh, that may not have been the best choice of words since you mentioned rope. Sorry, terrible pun not intended. :shobon:

I laughed! Thanks.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Not sure if I saw this pic here-

but I couldn't resist...

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thank you for the new phone background.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
The most patient dog.

http://i.imgur.com/M4UNHjO.gifv

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Patient? Have you ever massaged a dog's ear and seen how they take it? That dog's in heaven.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Choco1980 posted:

Patient? Have you ever massaged a dog's ear and seen how they take it? That dog's in heaven.

Being chewed on by a kitten is less a massage and more sticking your hand into a bucket of needles

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Can someone remind me (and post pictures) of what the name of that one critter that's like some rare mountain gopher or something that looks like they're in a permanent state of meditation?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Garrand posted:

Can someone remind me (and post pictures) of what the name of that one critter that's like some rare mountain gopher or something that looks like they're in a permanent state of meditation?

Tibetian Fox?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Garrand is thinking of the Viscacha, I am 100% certain.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Edminster posted:

Man, why can't we breed those as pillows? Come on, science, get to it.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Note that viscachas are super cute even when not meditating.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Garrand posted:

The visc... oh, beaten.

Whatever, here's a picture anyway.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why have you disappointed this seal?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Edminster posted:

Yes, that's the one. Thank you!

Nordick posted:

The visc... oh, beaten.

Whatever, here's a picture anyway.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

And you too!

I kind of want to make some posters of them to slap on my wall. They seemsto have some odd kind of calming effect on me.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Did someone say dog friends? I can do dog friends :3: Our doberman was super skinny and shy when she came home with us from the shelter but my rear end in a top hat teenager of a dog soon brightened her up.

Day 1:

Year two:

bonus

Also I do wildlife rehab and currently have the cutest drat thing in at the moment
He came to me like this on the 17th:

Now:

it's a trashrat opossum

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?

Smoking Crow posted:

Why have you disappointed this seal?

I guess we need a seal of approval!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Zira posted:

Thread? I've finally stopped crying whenever I think about it, but yesterday I went to a funeral. My brother's roommates, a husband and wife, lost their fifteen month old baby to SIDS.

Could I have pictures of happy baby girls? Ones who are excited and loved?

I just miss her a lot, and I'd like happy pictures or videos.

Right there. One of my biggest fears since about five and a half months ago. I'm so sorry.

Here's my little girl, Ada. She makes me smile, hopefully she'll help you a little, too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Puppy doesn't understand hiccups.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I'm having a crap day due to how little my workplace values me. Does anyone have videos of cats freaking out and doing that jazz-hands thing where they walk on two legs?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Sock Weasel posted:

Also I do wildlife rehab and currently have the cutest drat thing in at the moment
He came to me like this on the 17th:

Now:

it's a trashrat opossum

Love me some baby passums. The wildlife biology professor teaching my gross anatomy class at the moment knows how much I love them so he charged me with obtaining a litter of 8 that a local farmer had found. I'm keeping them overnight until I can bring them to him tomorrow morning:

They're not wanting to eat the formula he gave me though :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SavTargaryen posted:

I'm going to share a story of how my childhood dog died. This is not a sad story, and I don't have pictures yet but I will as soon as my sister gets them to me. This is the story of a dog so baller that I'm flabbergasted. When I was little we got a rat terrier that wound up being named Spunky after the dog from Rocko's Modern Life, due to the resemblance. This is a dog that has been mangled by other dogs and hit by cars, but every time was remarkably fine. She was 16 when she died. She was blind in both eyes and mostly deaf, but super loving happy all the time and just loved everyone, unless they tried to stop her from stealing raw eggs from the chickens, because she'd do that for some reason. She died because one night, on my mom's farm, she heard the other dogs scuffling with some coyotes, got outside, and got herself killed in the process. This is not a dog that died a sad death. This is a dog that decided gently caress it, I'm going out like a Viking, and made her end run amazing.

...also, pictures of adorable rat terriers would be appreciated.

Rat Terriers are wonderful little dogs, and 16 years is a great run :)

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Love me some baby passums. The wildlife biology professor teaching my gross anatomy class at the moment knows how much I love them so he charged me with obtaining a litter of 8 that a local farmer had found. I'm keeping them overnight until I can bring them to him tomorrow morning:

They're not wanting to eat the formula he gave me though :(

They're some funny looking possums.

They're not ringtails

They're not leadbeaters

They're not brushtails

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

here's the source, with sound: https://www.facebook.com/mkennelly94/videos/vb.1518453524/10203443394515052/?type=2&theater

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Hey guys, want to see a video of me playing the hairy banjo? :haw:

not actually me, not actually a banjo, kinda hairy tho

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Minarch posted:

Hey guys, want to see a video of me playing the hairy banjo? :haw:

not actually me, not actually a banjo, kinda hairy tho

I can't remember what the actual instrument is called but that's not a banjo playing in any case

:kimchi:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

http://i.imgur.com/3rTQjRi.webm

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Paging Three Olives!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I call stuffed toy!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Gizmo Chicken posted:

WE CAN'T PROVE THEY AREN'T LITTLE FATBUNS

The little scale they use is a little log for the koala to hang on, oh mannnn :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Domus posted:

I'm having a crap day due to how little my workplace values me. Does anyone have videos of cats freaking out and doing that jazz-hands thing where they walk on two legs?

https://www.facebook.com/LovehelloU/videos/720886714643456/?pnref=story

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I'm late to the baby party, so I brought two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7uIG8KYhg

And since you may have already seen that one, here is a smiling sleepy baby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCQpjUrCe8

I'm panicking--I may have screwed up something terribly at work and I'm hoping I can fix it but there's no guarantee. No special requests, just wanna say thank you for the fun videos and Bob Ross archives. It's helping me relax since there's nothing I can do about the situation until tomorrow.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Garrand posted:

I can't remember what the actual instrument is called but that's not a banjo playing in any case

:kimchi:

it's probably a sanxian

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Babby in puffy jacket, feeding chickens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQ9Hlw1DfM

ninja edit: animal buddies

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This koala speaks with a thick Italian accent and is quite annoyed with us.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Birb Katter posted:

ninja edit: animal buddies

Roos make the best dogs. They're pack (well, herd) animals, fast and tough and get on great with working dogs on farms. Because dogs will be friends with anything.

When I was a kid, my uncle had a big red that grew well over six feet tall but spent its entire life thinking it was a sheepdog. Of course, the drat thing never learned how to herd and had absolutely no instincts for it, so it would just hop madly around behind the sheep, getting in everyone's way :allears:

And yet my uncle, an utterly humourless bastard in every other way, never said boo about it and just him do his thing and cause chaos on the farm every day for probably 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Having some crappy emotional times right now, may I request some fat baby animals?

• Locked thread