Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

pokeyman posted:

Alright I doubt I fixed the [img] submenu thing but give it a try anyway.

It actually does seem to be working. The submenu opens correctly quoting the same post it didn't work with last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I know tiny screens are dinosaurs, but this has really been getting on my nerves more and more.

Any adjustments on the table to give a bigger look at the text box?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thank you for the fixed image scaling!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

xzzy posted:

I know tiny screens are dinosaurs, but this has really been getting on my nerves more and more.

Swipe down on the suggestion bar to collapse it.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I could swear I just ran into an issue where the copy thread link button stopped working- but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reproduce it. The menu would come up with the various actions after tapping Copy or Share URL, but tapping copy wouldn't actually copy the url to clipboard as best i could tell.

I have a tendency to forget about that second menu, and tap Copy/Share and immediately leave the app, not sure if that could cause the share menu to behave badly on return to Awful? iphone 6, latest iOS, latest Awful.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
As a scrub without access to archives, clicking on links that would give the

quote:

Viewing this content requires the archives upgrade. Regular users can only view threads from the last six months or so. Users with archives access can view old threads dating all the way back to 2001. WOWZERS!
page in a normal browser crash the app entirely. There's a really obvious fix for that *I* could do if I wasn't so stingy, but...yeah that's a thing. Excellent app though, one of my most used.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wit posted:

As a scrub without access to archives, clicking on links that would give the
page in a normal browser crash the app entirely. There's a really obvious fix for that *I* could do if I wasn't so stingy, but...yeah that's a thing. Excellent app though, one of my most used.

Can you give me an example post URL? I'll take a look at it.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Can you give me an example post URL? I'll take a look at it.
Thanks mate!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500196 This one. If it helps, my account has platinum but no archive access, you might need a guinea pig assuming you have archives yourself and dont run into the paywall.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wit posted:

Thanks mate!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500196 This one. If it helps, my account has platinum but no archive access, you might need a guinea pig assuming you have archives yourself and dont run into the paywall.

OK, I have a slightly-ugly fix that I'll push. pokeyman might want to do something a little more structural.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive posted:

OK, I have a slightly-ugly fix that I'll push. pokeyman might want to do something a little more structural.

Pushed.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Subjunctive posted:

I'm ok with it as is. Whenever I overhaul the model layer I'll fix this too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I don't know if this has been covered but I can't go past the first page of sub threads like the mmo hmo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Every time I try to post a picture, from my camera or my photo library, the app has a fit and throws me back to the springboard. No error message to report there.

Every time I hit the messages tab with my fat/clumsy fingers it gives me an error message.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xzzy posted:

I'm not sure what to remove from that screen to give more space. The navbar?

the yeti posted:

I could swear I just ran into an issue where the copy thread link button stopped working- but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reproduce it. The menu would come up with the various actions after tapping Copy or Share URL, but tapping copy wouldn't actually copy the url to clipboard as best i could tell.

I have a tendency to forget about that second menu, and tap Copy/Share and immediately leave the app, not sure if that could cause the share menu to behave badly on return to Awful? iphone 6, latest iOS, latest Awful.

I think I've seen this once or twice, now that you mention it, but I also have no idea how to reproduce it. Keep an eye out I guess, we'll figure it out together.

Holyshoot posted:

I don't know if this has been covered but I can't go past the first page of sub threads like the mmo hmo.

Does it work if you pull to refresh, then scroll down to the next page?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Every time I try to post a picture, from my camera or my photo library, the app has a fit and throws me back to the springboard. No error message to report there.

Every time I hit the messages tab with my fat/clumsy fingers it gives me an error message.

I think the former is fixed in the next version. What's the error message you get on the second? Do you have any messages in your inbox?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

pokeyman posted:

I think the former is fixed in the next version. What's the error message you get on the second? Do you have any messages in your inbox?

"Network Error

Failed to parse message in folder; could not find message ID (code 3)"

I do have messages, but they are viewed and kind of old.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Does it work if you pull to refresh, then scroll down to the next page?

Perfect thank you.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

"Network Error

Failed to parse message in folder; could not find message ID (code 3)"

I do have messages, but they are viewed and kind of old.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Holyshoot posted:

Perfect thank you.

Just for clarity, that is a bug that you can't just always scroll to the next page, but hopefully that workaround is enough for now!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Is there an app update coming soon? The workaround for scrolling to Page 2 of a forum isn't working all the time for me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Is there an app update coming soon? The workaround for scrolling to Page 2 of a forum isn't working all the time for me.

Submitted yesterday, though I don't remember if it does anything to help that issue. I'll fix it for next version though, I know it's been broken for ages.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

pokeyman posted:

Submitted yesterday, though I don't remember if it does anything to help that issue. I'll fix it for next version though, I know it's been broken for ages.

Awesome. Thanks for all your hard work :)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I accidentally favorited multiple forums (Ask / Tell and GBS) by fat fingering the keyboard. I can delete favorites down to the last one. Trying to remove the last one crashes the app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Ruggan posted:

I accidentally favorited multiple forums (Ask / Tell and GBS) by fat fingering the keyboard. I can delete favorites down to the last one. Trying to remove the last one crashes the app.

I think I fixed it in the next version, which is awaiting review, so give that a try once it's out. If it's still busted then, by all means c'mon back and lemme hear it!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

pokeyman posted:

I think I fixed it in the next version, which is awaiting review, so give that a try once it's out. If it's still busted then, by all means c'mon back and lemme hear it!

Thanks!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pics aren't loading for me for some reason. Been that way for a few days.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Pics aren't loading for me for some reason. Been that way for a few days.

this happened to me for a week about a month ago. I wound up trying everything but it wasn't until I did a system restore that it started working.

I have Verizon and it was only on their cell network, and it was just imgur images broken.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

baram. posted:

this happened to me for a week about a month ago. I wound up trying everything but it wasn't until I did a system restore that it started working.

I have Verizon and it was only on their cell network, and it was just imgur images broken.
Huh, I'm on Verizon too and I'm usually on their network. Not sure whether or not it's imgur but I'm sure it usually is. Guess I might have to try that if I ever wanna see that goat man again

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Huh, I'm on Verizon too and I'm usually on their network. Not sure whether or not it's imgur but I'm sure it usually is. Guess I might have to try that if I ever wanna see that goat man again

There needs to be a setting to replace all missing images with hello.jpg. I'm sure this would cause no problems at all in app review

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I tested it by just going to their homepage and all the pictures were blank boxes. Everything would load fine for me on wifi but something was lost on LTE.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Soricidus posted:

There needs to be a setting to replace all missing images with hello.jpg. I'm sure this would cause no problems at all in app review

As long as there were no missing images in the posts they read...:goatsecx:

I also had the missing images issue with Verizon a couple weeks ago but I attributed it to lovely LTE, since I kept failing back to 3G when it was happening.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Sometimes the app will try to edit a post when you click edit and not quote. Then it wont fricking stop trying to edit the same post, you clear everything from the box hit the new post button whatever its still gonna edit that other post with no indication that thats what its doing.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Sometimes you just gotta edit

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Images are not uploading for me. I just get "an unknown error occurred (code 0)" over and over.

and when I do get one to upload, I can't upload from my library again unless I completely close and re-open the app. No "from camera / from library" option in the submenu at all :(

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 7, 2015

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I fixed some image uploading stuff in the next version, should be out next week sometime. Hopefully it fixes that for you, otherwise let me know.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Images are not uploading for me. I just get "an unknown error occurred (code 0)" over and over.

and when I do get one to upload, I can't upload from my library again unless I completely close and re-open the app. No "from camera / from library" option in the submenu at all :(

Yes, I've not been able to upload any pictures for a while, but I do see that it's already been addressed here. Hopefully that does it!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
An esoteric but harmless glitch:

Note the middle thread there. Also find and read it if you haven't already, it's some good forums poo poo. Anyway, it was originally in A/T but got moved to E/N for reasons that are apparent if you read it, but in Awful it still shows its old "ask" badge.

Not sure if even worth fixing TBH but hey.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 10, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, occasionally after posting, the thread I just posted in will appear twice in the bookmarks list. Restarting the app fixes it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Black Baby Goku's Rap Sheet crashes the app if you scroll too far down.

lol

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Just noticed a fairly insignificant glitch. I accidentally starred the wrong forum, and every time I try to delete it, the app crashes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Just noticed a fairly insignificant glitch. I accidentally starred the wrong forum, and every time I try to delete it, the app crashes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ruggan posted:

pokeyman posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I really gotta start reading threads before I post in them.

• Locked thread