Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
He loves roles he can have fun with. Getting paid to have fun must be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

I know a lot of people rip of Nic Cage for being in crap movies, but what did Samuel L. Jackson do with his money to be in this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-CJjJ-jtw

Sam Jackson cited his parents' strong work ethic and never getting more than two weeks off a year as the model for his professional conduct, not seeing himself as any better just because he makes more money than they ever did. As such, he takes small roles both to work, fill in his schedule, and to be cool. Big pay for big stuff but tiny for tiny, he just goes.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
He's one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWXJ-jqg3is

I think you can see what they would like about it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

soapgish posted:

Sam Jackson cited his parents' strong work ethic and never getting more than two weeks off a year as the model for his professional conduct, not seeing himself as any better just because he makes more money than they ever did. As such, he takes small roles both to work, fill in his schedule, and to be cool. Big pay for big stuff but tiny for tiny, he just goes.

Even if his range arguably suffers you can't argue that he's one of the most seasoned performers working today. Dude slides onto camera so effortlessly it's easy to forget how drat good he is at it.

Cardboard Box A posted:

I think you can see what they would like about it

Bleach also doesn't surprise me, given how the characters are literally reapers of life iirc.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Has this been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woHTUsl66BY

Because apparently George Miller wants to make extra-sure that he's got our money.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We need to set up a betting pool on what we think Miller is going to do next after this. Another Max film, or something in the genre? Back to kids films? A musical western? Feudal Japan rom com?

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
All of the above, a 15 hour epic slated for release in 2035

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bullet3 posted:

All of the above, a 15 hour epic slated for release in 2035

A modern Gance would be so amazing. :allears:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

mr.capps posted:

We need to set up a betting pool on what we think Miller is going to do next after this. Another Max film, or something in the genre? Back to kids films? A musical western? Feudal Japan rom com?

Apparently when Tom Hardy signed on to play Max Rockatansky, it was for 3 movies. Miller's also mentioned that Fury Road is meant to have a sequel, Furiosa. Hopefully Fury Road will be a big enough hit for it to happen.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Music in that trailer from the soundtrack?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've been fooled by amazing trailers before but right now I feel like it's very unlikely the new Mad Max movie isn't going to at least offer me some really cool poo poo to watch :allears:

I'm so sold on it

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

mr.capps posted:

Mad Max V featuring Babe the Pig.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

leokitty posted:

Mad Max V featuring Babe the Pig.

But Christine Cavanaugh is dead. :smith:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously it seems like he'll show up for anything as long as you pay him, which I can respect. Even more impressive that that stuff never tarnishes his career.

He didn't have much of a career until he was in his late 30s, though. The first thing I saw him in was Coming To America, where he had a bit part as a stickup artist, and he was something like 35 then. Morgan Freeman was the same; his big break was Brubaker, and he was also in his 30s then.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jedit posted:

He didn't have much of a career until he was in his late 30s, though. The first thing I saw him in was Coming To America, where he had a bit part as a stickup artist, and he was something like 35 then. Morgan Freeman was the same; his big break was Brubaker, and he was also in his 30s then.

semi off topic but i'm gonna again take this opportunity to recommend that all Morgan Freeman fans watch the underseen and underrated Street Smart, which got him his first Oscar nomination.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Zzulu posted:

I've been fooled by amazing trailers before but right now I feel like it's very unlikely the new Mad Max movie isn't going to at least offer me some really cool poo poo to watch :allears:

I'm so sold on it

Same. The movie might end up being dumb but the trailer prove it'll at least look amazing. Every frame looks beautiful.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
All Trailers are the Same!!!

I'd say lovely trailers, but point taken...

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Red Letter Media misses forest for trees, news at 11

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Cameo posted:

Red Letter Media misses forest for trees, news at 11

Which movie did they roast that you loved to hurt you so much.

It's okay, you're in a safe space.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I wouldn't know, all I know is their idea of "all movies" seems pretty much tied explicitly to sci-fi tinged action blockbusters that are already adhering to the hero's journey formula and 90% of the time appear to come out between the months of May and August. "Hey, look, guys, people copy a successful formula for a very particular style of movie" is an opinion about as interesting as a hot dog.

Like wouldn't "all these movies look the same" be more effective a point, since after a certain number of skyline establishing shots I forgot which film I was looking at and after a certain point the chaos of the trailers blurred together since like 90% of those action sequences were pre-vized by the same company.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i watched like five minutes of an RLM video once and it was obnoxious nerdy dogshit. sub-Angry Video Game Nerd.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i watched like five minutes of an RLM video once and it was obnoxious nerdy dogshit. sub-Angry Video Game Nerd.

You've never seen any Channel Awesome video, have you?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Nerdy?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkl-Vgc4-I
FORK IN THE BRAIN

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 30, 2015

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vintersorg posted:

They suck.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

They are much better when doing Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst, but sometimes they can be so dense with "Have you ever stopped and thought, wow marketing seems to be the same for all these action blockbusters, especially when one of those types of movies sells well, so let's try marketing the movie like that very successful movie. Man Hollywood has run out of ideas, what a bunch of hack frauds!!!"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I only really find them tolerable when they do Half In The Bag, and even then, in small doses.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wish somebody with more time than me would add up how much total money was earned with all those movies combined.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

kiimo posted:

I wish somebody with more time than me would add up how much total money was earned with all those movies combined.

A quick tally is 78.3 shitzillion dollars

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Dungeons and Dragons? Psh... Vin Diesel plays The Most Dangerous Game.

The Last Witch Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQaYwtJTIhk

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Timby posted:

But Christine Cavanaugh is dead. :smith:

WHAT?! WHY DID I FIND OUT THIS WAY :cry:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Alehkhs posted:

The Last Witch Hunter

You know nothing, Dom Toretto,

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

The Last Witch Hunter

That is going to make a good Rifftrack some day.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Tom Hardy x2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkTbO78L5k

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

OOhh, a new movie about the Kray brothers.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Does the brother with the glasses spend half the movie desperately looking for a toilet?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Indolent Bastard posted:

All Trailers are the Same!!!

I'd say lovely trailers, but point taken...

The synth explosion trailer music seems to be the new paradigm since gothic chanting choir music finally left movie trailers alone.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
A movie about the fall of two identical twins releasing on september 11?! :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Tangerine is about two transgender prostitutes wandering around LA on Christmas Eve looking for their pimp, who's cheating on one of the characters with a "fish" (read: a biological woman)

Oh, and the entire film was shot on an iPhone

:nws: :nws: :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSwWTb88ZU

• Locked thread