Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

The only EU I would've accepted as canon was Robot Chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

SaltLick posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davin_Felth

Davin Felth said "Look sir, droids!" and has a ridiculous amount of poo poo

This is quite possibly the dumbest poo poo I've read so far.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wedge has probably two minutes of actual screentime but does a ton of EU poo poo, I dunno if that beats out guys with literally one line who who have a short story written about them or whatever.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Marcia_Lucas

quote:

Marcia Lucas (née Griffin) is an American film editor. She met George Lucas when Verna Fields hired her to work as an assistant editor to George while editing US Information Agency documentaries, and they were married between 1969 and 1983. They adopted one daughter, Amanda, who was born in 1981.

Marcia was a co-editor on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (with some uncredited work on The Empire Strikes Back as well). She won an Academy Award for her work on A New Hope, which was shared with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew.

That's the entire thing.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's weird and kinda sad that wookiepedia has edited her out exactly like George did.

http://www.shockandahh.com/2013/05/the-secret-history-of-star-wars.html

It's not the full secret history of star wars article but it hits the major points

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 30, 2015

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

SaltLick posted:

It's weird and kinda sad that wookiepedia has edited her out exactly like George did.

Looking at the history, it just seems like no one ever bothered to fill the article out in the first place.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

5er posted:

The only EU I would've accepted as canon was Robot Chicken.

No kidding. Robot Chicken Sheev, best Sheev.

Also, I like that they just take the wind out of Boba Fett's sails whenever the chance, such as him sexually harassing Han while he's frozen or when he's stuck hallucinating while being digested in the Sarlaac.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hadaka Apron posted:

That's the entire thing.

It's fitting that a wiki dedicated to and accepting of all the horrible stuff in the Star Wars universe would have such a short article about the person most responsible for the first Star Wars being good.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's fitting that a wiki dedicated to and accepting of all the horrible stuff in the Star Wars universe would have such a short article about the person most responsible for the first Star Wars being good.

Eh, a lot of her contributions have been overstated but she definitely deserves much more than that near-stub.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

She edited Star Wars from garbage to a classic.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Groovelord Neato posted:

She edited Star Wars and butchered George's ~*~vision~*~.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Let's be fair, George saw the initial edit and realized it was a disaster, so he fired the original editor and hired her. He had enough common sense back then to make good decisions some of the time.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Didn't Lucas say that Empire was the weakest of all the movies?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Blistex posted:

Clearly not enough Ewoks for his tastes

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Blistex posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/geroge-lucas-says-empire-strikes-back-was-the-worst-star-wars-movie/

quote:

On Wednesday, George Lucas said that Empire Strikes Back was the worst film in the Star Wars series. Sometimes I’m not sure if Lucas is trying to be funny. In this case I really hope so. He can’t be that clueless, can he?

Empire Strikes BackEntertainment blogger David Poland recalls Lucas’ comment on Wednesday at the Publicist’s Guild luncheon: “George Lucas, giving the award to Sid Ganis, who was the in-house publicist on Star Wars: Episode Five – The Empire Strikes Back, said, ‘Sid is the reason why The Empire Strikes Back is always written about as the best of the films, when it actually was the worst one.'”

Empire is considered by many to be the best film in the series. The film has a user rating os a 8.8 with almost 150,000 votes, making it the 9th best film on imdb.com.

A lot of people don’t know this but Empire was actually directed by Irvin Kershner, and not Lucas. May-be George is just jealous? He can’t be serious, Can he?

Lucas should have employed someone to do the exact opposite of everything he said.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

When I was little I liked Jedi the best. I thought the Ewoks were cute. :3:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=starwars.htm

Apparently Jedi was narrowly more popular in theaters during the initial run. Maybe George measures goodness in midichlorians dollars?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Blistex posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MSE-6-series_repair_droid

Who is the character from the original trilogy with the craziest screentime-to-wookipedia ratio. Basically, whoever has the least screentime with the longest Wookipedia article. Bonus points if their wookipedia article is longer than a real-life equivalent Sort of like how the USS Enterprise from Star Trek has a longer Wikipedia article than the USS Enterprise in the US Navy.

Example:

IG-88 the droid bounty hunter gets ~4 seconds of screen time, but has a wookipedia page with 2,840 words.
Dog the Bounty hunter has a show spanning 7 years, but has a wikipedia page with only 1,600 words.

How about the little rat thing Jabba ate? Was it Force sensitive? How many Death Star plans did it steal?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Bible posted:

How about the little rat thing Jabba ate? Was it Force sensitive? How many Death Star plans did it steal?

Salacious Crumb? He might have not been Force-sensitive or stole the Death Star plans, but he was apparently some sort of criminal espionage genius who was working to overthrow Jabba.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

The Bible posted:

You mean the frog snack things? They might be the first creature I've looked up that wan't a force sensative
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klatooine_paddy_frog

[e] or the snack frogs from TPM which were also food instead of secret rebel agents
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorg

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 1, 2015

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Ivor Biggun posted:

[e] or the snack frogs from TPM which were also food instead of secret rebel agents
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorg

wookiepenis posted:

In Huttese, "hot chubas" were called "hotsa chuba".

Someone at some point in time thought that was a real important edit.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Ivor Biggun posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/geroge-lucas-says-empire-strikes-back-was-the-worst-star-wars-movie/

Lucas should have employed someone to do the exact opposite of everything he said.

To be honest I feel that Empire really drags at some points, the whole bit with luke and yoda dicking about in the swamp is pretty slow and there is a lot of faffing about in cloud city before anything happens.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Just for reference. I could be wrong on this but the whole reason half those characters have names is because of trading cards and action figures.

lol i have most of these in my attic

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

To be honest I feel that Empire really drags at some points, the whole bit with luke and yoda dicking about in the swamp is pretty slow and there is a lot of faffing about in cloud city before anything happens.

Huh, those are probably my favorite scenes in the trilogy, aside from the bit where Luke puts the final smackdown on Vader in ROTJ with that awesome musical cue.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Empire was too depressing for me when I was a kid. New Hope all the way.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I liked Empire because the Imperials win.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

"Wow, these guys definitely aren't cool as hell. I hope the faggots in the orange jumpsuits kick their asses." -- a loving retard

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I liked Empire because the Imperials win.

Same.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

"Wow, these guys definitely aren't cool as hell. I hope the faggots in the orange jumpsuits kick their asses." -- a loving retard

I dunno, look at the trooper in the middle right standing there really awkwardly in his package-defining armor that makes it look kinda like he's wearing tighty-whiteys

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

loquacius posted:

I dunno, look at the trooper in the middle right standing there really awkwardly in his package-defining armor that makes it look kinda like he's wearing tighty-whiteys

Hes just into autoerotic asphyxiation, please dont shame.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

"I dont like the best part of the movie"

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Imperial Walkers, who keeps making them so easy to push over

Seems like a poor design but that's kind of the Empire's thing isn't it

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Dely Apple posted:

If only Veers had listened to Davin Felth....

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

if they had their feet even just a small amount further apart they wouldnt fall over...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Dely Apple posted:

Read this in a Jerry Seinfeld voice

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

Read this in a Jerry Seinfeld voice

:rolleyes: Big surprise there.

I have a vague memory of reading a Star Wars book as a child. I think Chewbacca was the protagonist, and he was teamed up with some non-mammalian species that was only intelligent during the larval stage. The author went into a bit of detail about how once they become butterflies (or whatever) they turn into ravenous, mindless gently caress machines. Does anyone have any idea what story that might be, and/or the name of the species?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mr. Horrible posted:

I have a vague memory of reading a Star Wars book as a child. I think Chewbacca was the protagonist, and he was teamed up with some non-mammalian species that was only intelligent during the larval stage. The author went into a bit of detail about how once they become butterflies (or whatever) they turn into ravenous, mindless gently caress machines. Does anyone have any idea what story that might be, and/or the name of the species?

Well, poo poo, that sounds like my Saturday nights

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well, poo poo, that sounds like my Saturday nights

i assume you mean the part where you're reading star wars books

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fetus Tree posted:

i assume you mean the part where you're reading star wars books

And crying myself to sleep

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Here's pages and pages of '78 Lucas being the voice of reason and storytelling, it's weird

http://moedred.livejournal.com/2009/03/04/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Mr. Horrible posted:

You were reading Han Solo and the Lost Legacy, and while Chewie is in it, he's not the main character. Also the species that did what you're talking about were called Ruurians, and the one that Han and Chewie were hanging out with was named Skynx.

Honestly those Han Solo books were pretty great compared to the bulk of EU crap. Helps that they're from like 1979. That particular book ended with Solo and Chewie finding a lost treasure ship full of the great war machines of some evil overlord, and then realizing it was all worthless because technological progression had rendered everything in the ship obsolete.

• Locked thread