Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Not a Children posted:

In Xenoblade, is there a good way to sift through equipment/gems for the build you most want? I find that there's just a tangled mess and I end up selling half my older poo poo just so I don't have to deal with the clutter. This is on the Wii version, by the way.
Aside from using the sort functions to put everything in an intelligible order - not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Has anyone anywhere ever played Codename STEAM multiplayer?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It has multiplayer?? That's the first I heard of it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Isn't / wasn't Nintendo announcing some multiplayer tournament thing on the last Direct? I don't know if that already happened or not.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're always mentioning online events on their weekly PR but I've never heard of anyone actually doing any of them. There's deathmatch, a mode where you race to pick up items on the map and a vs mode using the big dopey Abe Goemon mechs.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Fantasy Life, if you skip the intro quests for a life, do you miss out on any follow-up quests or character stuff, or just the flavor text from the tutorial?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tender Bender posted:

In Fantasy Life, if you skip the intro quests for a life, do you miss out on any follow-up quests or character stuff, or just the flavor text from the tutorial?

Flavor text only. You miss out on nothing gameplay-wise.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Someone made an order amiibos minigame in WarioWare DIY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3XovKTlKs

Perfect for the goon who has spent over $500 in amiibos so far.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Saoshyant posted:

Someone made an order amiibos minigame in WarioWare DIY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3XovKTlKs

Perfect for the goon who has spent over $500 in amiibos so far.

Nice detail with the clock being at 3am.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Not a Children posted:

In Xenoblade, is there a good way to sift through equipment/gems for the build you most want? I find that there's just a tangled mess and I end up selling half my older poo poo just so I don't have to deal with the clutter. This is on the Wii version, by the way.

Welp, basically, as soon as you start getting the next tier of gem, you might as well sell everything below it.

For equipment, i just pick up the best gear at the shops and sell everything else because whatever's available at the next shop is going to be better than most stuff that drops in your current area. Besides, doing all of the quests means i'm technically overlevelled, and the individual armour stats don't really seem to mean that much compared to the gems equipped.

Basically, for anything you think is good, there's going to be better stuff available at the end of the game so don't sweat it until you get to that point.

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Ok, I want to upgrade my XL to a new XL. I don't care about any of my saved data or anything, I just want to re download all my eshop games and stuff on the new one. And maybe buy a larger micro SD for my new 3ds. Do I have to mess with all the PC stuff if I don't care about save games? At what point do I put the new micro SD in, before I even turn it on for the first time? Sorry I know this is basic, but this poo poo confuses me because I'm a hugely retarded Luddite.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you have to system transfer (or call nintendo) to be able to download your old games on the new 3ds, regardles of what you want to do with saves

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

SADDLE ME UP posted:

Ok, I want to upgrade my XL to a new XL. I don't care about any of my saved data or anything, I just want to re download all my eshop games and stuff on the new one. And maybe buy a larger micro SD for my new 3ds. Do I have to mess with all the PC stuff if I don't care about save games? At what point do I put the new micro SD in, before I even turn it on for the first time? Sorry I know this is basic, but this poo poo confuses me because I'm a hugely retarded Luddite.

Just follow this.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Either you use the 3ds's built in system transfer utility or call nintendo and they will migrate your nintendo network id over for you. It might be a good excuse to call nintendo CS if you never have before; they have geeky hold music and their CS agents are super nice.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Sade posted:

Either you use the 3ds's built in system transfer utility or call nintendo and they will migrate your nintendo network id over for you. It might be a good excuse to call nintendo CS if you never have before; they have geeky hold music and their CS agents are super nice.

This is true. When I had to go through the manual transfer stuff when N3DS released I was shocked at how friendly they were. The hold music was the Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This is true. When I had to go through the manual transfer stuff when N3DS released I was shocked at how friendly they were. The hold music was the Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time.

Was it playing at an extremely low bitrate at 400% volume, like proper hold music should be?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

It will give you an idea of which characters will give you new recipes, rewards, or challenges for advancing in a given life, but you should be able to figure it out on your own as you progress. You'll run into them at some point and they'll have that life's icon next to their name or head or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan's getting a New 3DS bundle for Fire Emblem if: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/hardware/index.html

New 3DS, FE faceplates, 16GB Micro-SD.18,500yen, out June 25.

The faceplates will be available separately, 2500yen.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I was talking a few weeks ago about streetpass relays at home and how I got it to work for one day, and then it immediately stopped working and was never able to get it going again.

I asked the guy who wrote the guide how he managed to do it and he said he had this problem from time to time, but he got around it by reformatting the minipc he's got this setup on to get it working again :shepicide:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting a New 3DS bundle for Fire Emblem if: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/hardware/index.html

New 3DS, FE faceplates, 16GB Micro-SD.18,500yen, out June 25.

The faceplates will be available separately, 2500yen.

21 dollar faceplates? what kind of retard would buy that separately

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People in this very thread bought multiple entire 3DSes to get a different design on them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

raditts posted:

People in this very thread bought multiple entire 3DSes to get a different design on them.

Yikes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Particularly when they're fugly as poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Most of the Premium cover plates go for $25AU. The normal ones go for about $18AU.

And then there's the Wooden Mario cover that goes for $40AU :v:.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So those dreamgear grips someone posted about eariler were scheduled to come out in late May, but I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying they've been shipped and will arrive Friday. Nice! Looks like the New 3DS XL version is sold out as well.

I also switched out my micro SD card for a 32 GB one. Took like 5 minutes. I guess I'm good at screwing :madmax: Lost a little bit of progress in like 5 games, but whatever. My MH4U data was still there so I guess that saves server side or on the cart? Happy I can finally use the e-shop as well. People on Amazon want $46 for Link Between Worlds, which is craziness.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
All carts save on the cart except for like 2

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

So, yeah, this is a new item on the EU Club Nintendo.

6000 stars (an astronomical number) for a 12cm x 12cm "lamp" thing. It says it's a lamp, but has no power outlet, so it's probably a small LED powered by a battery.

Also, the reaction everywhere has been "but I spent all my stars already! Now I can never get this masterpiece!", so if you want to feel like a chump, you are not alone there.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's not even the right color.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BUT NOW HOW WILL I SCARE AWAY WOMEN?? :negative:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

BUT NOW HOW WILL I SCARE AWAY WOMEN?? :negative:

I'm fairly sure you don't need any extra help there, buddy.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Saoshyant posted:

6000 stars (an astronomical number) for a 12cm x 12cm "lamp" thing. It says it's a lamp, but has no power outlet, so it's probably a small LED powered by a battery.

Also, the reaction everywhere has been "but I spent all my stars already! Now I can never get this masterpiece!", so if you want to feel like a chump, you are not alone there.

I could afford this, but really...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Aussie Club Nintendo too for 4000 stars. And I'm still hoarding my 5300 stars :smuggo:. Not for this, but the same general reason. Suckers.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're hoarding them because you need them to buy me a SNES Classic Controller when they get restocked.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're hoarding them because you need them to buy me a SNES Classic Controller when they get restocked.

You wish. How much were those, 2500 stars or something?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When's the eshop update? I wanna play a demo of that puzzle game thing.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When's the eshop update? I wanna play a demo of that puzzle game thing.

Puzzle and Dragons demo has been up for a few days in Europe at least

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Puzzle and Dragons demo has been up for a few days in Europe at least

Comes out today in NA. I believe it updates at noon est!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Aka in a little over an hour from this post. Patience, young goons.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

I'm fairly sure you don't need any extra help there, buddy.

Please respect how very handsome I am, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is the 3ds PAD game just PAD without microtransactions? What sets it apart from my phone version other than the mario stuff