Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

a lot of people were just 1pt in ol' painless because they mistakenly believed it was "bad dps"

it has always been higher dps to use it at max and I guess finally people are catching on?

His artifact selection can definitely be improved, but it's such a marginal improvement of an already amazing damage output that you wouldn't notice it.

I switched to 1 for raids for extra survivability and the fact that it locks you in place so it was making me a bit nervous. Guess I should l2p or something. That or TTKs don't reflect reality idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:siren: CHEEVS ARE IN. SERVER IS UP

This is great for me because I quit the game forever this morning. Now I have a reason to return. :D

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I switched to 1 for raids for extra survivability and the fact that it locks you in place so it was making me a bit nervous. Guess I should l2p or something. That or TTKs don't reflect reality idk

Well what you do is you get that Max ttk like in the 20s like this guy. Then, you realize you can murder everything and don't truly need a 20s ttk. So you pull damage off for survivability.

Now your ttk is 30s but you just created more health, defense and endgame viability. You're still a monster.

Fin.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also, don't like CHEEVS spam on log in?

On login, just log out. Cheev spam gone.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Is there a loving event this week

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I have like 3 400/2 or 400/25s I really should try to turn into 25/2's

I don't even want to think about any cores I might have accidentally tossed before I started paying attention to the 'meta' and the value of certain things.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

a lot of people were just 1pt in ol' painless because they mistakenly believed it was "bad dps"

it has always been higher dps to use it at max and I guess finally people are catching on?

His artifact selection can definitely be improved, but it's such a marginal improvement of an already amazing damage output that you wouldn't notice it.

I think I'm going to try this build on my punisher, but I think I'd really miss the extra points in pain tolerance. I currently have the build that is the same thing but 1 point on ol painless and 20 points in buckshot with no burst fire.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Wait what? What heroes can you get for free and how?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Is there a loving event this week

Ultron invades tomorrow

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
World first ultron clear with all golds, gj

also

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Jusupov posted:

World first ultron clear with all golds, gj

Yellow is the official color of the unemployed.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Tips on ultron mode:

First part

Find the ! on the map, destroy the shield and kill the yellow. After that pick up the orbs that drop. These will count for most of your points. We almost missed gold because we didn't get all the yellows immediately. I think the shielded civilians will respawn so check your map often.

Second part

idk just kill the yellows

third

It was maybe the fourth one that was hitting the hardest, make sure you zig around to get to the bosses fast

The boss

That knockback attack, wow

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

welp thank you gaz

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

jubelio posted:

Yellow is the official color of the unemployed.

Or the opposite; you've got the means to whale way too much money on phat boosts.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ransome posted:

welp thank you gaz

:fap:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The achievement chests dropped me 8 uniques, 4 of which were for other heroes, 3 of which were any-hero and only 1 of which was for my current hero. :thumbsup:

Oh well, at least I got this out of them:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

ransome posted:

welp thank you gaz

oh gently caress

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Or the opposite; you've got the means to whale way too much money on phat boosts.

Boosts won't help you go for Ultron Gold

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ransome posted:

welp thank you gaz

:eyepop:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ransome posted:

welp thank you gaz

WTS Starktech Cube LF All the SWGNs

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ransome posted:

welp thank you gaz

Full boner

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The achievement chests dropped me 8 uniques, 4 of which were for other heroes, 3 of which were any-hero and only 1 of which was for my current hero. :thumbsup:

Oh well, at least I got this out of them:

liquid explosion

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Got a lot of cheev visual bugs not showing up for collector quests. If you do a collection cheev and it doesn't show credit, just relog.

Example: Picked up Malekith medal, doesn't say in cheev I did. I relog, it will now show I have/had it.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

Got a lot of cheev visual bugs not showing up for collector quests. If you do a collection cheev and it doesn't show credit, just relog.

Example: Picked up Malekith medal, doesn't say in cheev I did. I relog, it will now show I have/had it.

Good thing they tested it on TC for months.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Can't wait to come back and grind cheevos with you crazy people

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You gonna actually join the SG this time swagger? It is time ya know.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Eiffel On You posted:

You gonna actually join the SG this time swagger? It is time ya know.

Nobody kicked me out for inactivity as of last night, so I'm good. I got iceman to 35 in like an hour, it was pretty great.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 30, 2015

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/194329/wtt-1-all-powers-starktech-cube#latest

no offers on my +1 all cube yet :(

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

maybe you should change it to mention that it dropped instead of was changed like that

let some other ignorant guy spend the moon to apply it and see what happens

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah don't say it changed in inventory. Literally you have the item. It's for sale. It's rare as gently caress. That's all

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Lol a ton of SW itemization stuff got borked with review going live it seems:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/194342/might-wanna-check-your-cosmic-items#latest

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Does anybody have an extra Advanced Bannertech Accelerator artifact recipe? I need it. Want to test some stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Scarlet Witch loving everything up is canon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Eiffel On You posted:

Does anybody have an extra Advanced Bannertech Accelerator artifact recipe? I need it. Want to test some stuff.

I do but I'm not on until like 5 Eastern. Oh I don't have an extra recipe. I have it learned though if you just want one made.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I do but I'm not on until like 5 Eastern. Oh I don't have an extra recipe. I have it learned though if you just want one made.

Ill take you up on this if nobody has an extra recipe.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Last weeks GLIF weekly: Kill 300 of specific spawn in Midtown where each group spawns at most 5 you need

This weeks GLIF weekly: Do Man-Ape

I had this weeks done in <30 minutes due to having to wait for some spawns + such. Good balance Gaz

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Age of Ultron game mode owns.

Fun bosses, quick and easy to do, good loot with no diminishing rewards. AoU all day every day.

Iron Legionaires and Ultron Prime are really fun bosses to fight and the rest of the game feels worse in comparison.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Age of Ultron game mode owns.

Fun bosses, quick and easy to do, good loot with no diminishing rewards. AoU all day every day.

What kind of difficulty level is it? Cosmic? Raid?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

What kind of difficulty level is it? Cosmic? Raid?

It's like a Cosmic Terminal I guess, not super hard as long as you pay attention to the attack telegraphs. Getting gold in all phases is a little more difficult than just completing it, but if you're on a team of properly geared endgame guys it's probably pretty trivial too.

Fun without being frustrating.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

For AoU mode, is it possible to solo? I remember people saying it was built for 5 people, but wondering if it's still soloable, just hard or like the raids where you have to have other people.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

alansmithee posted:

For AoU mode, is it possible to solo? I remember people saying it was built for 5 people, but wondering if it's still soloable, just hard or like the raids where you have to have other people.

I would honestly call it a 5 man Raid. I think it's really the best description for it. It will not be solo'd to success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

2 new stash tabs can be purchased just FYI. Yay!

• Locked thread