Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

qntm posted:

Show's got nothing on the original series of Star Trek.

The lost 1st Doctor story, 'Farewell, Great Macedon', that's a TOS title, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Troughton wants his trousers back!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Is he filming or does he just wear the Doctor's coat every day in real life?

(I think we all know the answer to this)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
"OK fine I won't wear the horrible shirt any more. But in exchange I want an episode where I'm wearing appalling trousers."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I like the new pants.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
He has the best hair of any Doctor, except possibly John Hurt.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ugh. loving Kate Stewart is in four episodes this year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You have a problem with that?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DoctorWhat posted:

You have a problem with that?

Not if they give her some actual characterisation this time.

Honestly I'm looking forward to seeing how Big Finish uses her much more than the show. She's far too one note and bland in her past appearances for me to want any more right now.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Astroman posted:

Is he filming or does he just wear the Doctor's coat every day in real life?

(I think we all know the answer to this)

I doubt he even owns "street" clothes, now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I doubt he even owns "street" clothes, now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zhExXiL8A&t=1m42s

Check the lining.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Osgood and Zygons confirmed returning.

The fact those were announced simultaneously probably gives us the required context to answer any questions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cleretic posted:

The fact those were announced simultaneously probably gives us the required context to answer any questions.

They even have an easy out if they want to keep her. The one the Master killed was the Zygon.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The Zygons are nice now. I bet they need the Zygons' help to defeat the Master. Maybe the Master is also a Zygon?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I hope the Zygons are just the Doctor's bros now, and periodically show up to help him out. :3:

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
I don't care if it's just fan service, I liked Osgood, so I'm happy she's coming back.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Spatula City posted:

I hope the Zygons are just the Doctor's bros now, and periodically show up to help him out. :3:

Well yeah. Let Zygons be bygones!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Well yeah. Let Zygons be bygones!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Doctor What hasn't been able to resist a setup to that lame joke since we escaped the drat Thunderdome.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jsor posted:

Doctor What hasn't been able to resist a setup to that lame joke since we escaped the drat Thunderdome.

HRRNNNGH

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
DoctorWhat, seriously

Can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I AM HOLDING BACK

I AM IN CONTROL

welp

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Cleretic posted:

Actually, I think what's going on is that that two-parter takes place prior to Death in Heaven by earth chronology.

I'm also wondering if possibly when the Doctor meets Missy again in this season, it will be prior to the events of Dark Water/Death in Heaven in her personal timeline. In fact, probably prior to her whole Nethersphere plan. Moffat does love his time fuckery.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Spatula City posted:

Actually, I think what's going on is that that two-parter takes place prior to Death in Heaven by earth chronology.

I'm also wondering if possibly when the Doctor meets Missy again in this season, it will be prior to the events of Dark Water/Death in Heaven in her personal timeline. In fact, probably prior to her whole Nethersphere plan. Moffat does love his time fuckery.

Its possible but it was established that Missy was responsible for the Doctor meeting Clara... so that's a lot of time fuckery they'd be doing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

God, I was hoping they'd throw at that sweater of Capaldi's. When I saw it on TV, I thought it was some sort of sparkly design, but a close up reveals, nope it's just holes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HER SHIRT.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

HER SHIRT.

It's going to be revealed that she's there every time he's on Earth, and while he's away, she raids the TARDIS' wardrobe. I eagerly await the episode where they're wearing matching outfits.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Davros1 posted:

It's going to be revealed that she's there every time he's on Earth, and while he's away, she raids the TARDIS' wardrobe. I eagerly await the episode where they're wearing matching outfits.

I'm waiting for The Coat to make its appearance. Leading even the Doctor to go 'oh come on, that's a bit much'.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love that the Doctor's started wearing a tattered hoodie.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

Mameluke posted:

I love that the Doctor's started wearing a tattered hoodie.

Bill Belicheck as the next doctor confirmed.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

And for some reason the matching outfits are Harry and Lloyd's tuxedos from Dumb and Dumber.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Spatula City posted:

Barring the whole Mister Saxon business (when they never actually interacted until after the Master reveal) hasn't the show kept pretty consistent in The Doctor and The Master always meeting with their timelines in sync?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

At first I was like "oh, is that a coy nod for the fans to his costume?" and then I looked at the airdate... 2009. Twelve is literally just Peter Capaldi with access to the BBC's wardrobe budget now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

At first I was like "oh, is that a coy nod for the fans to his costume?" and then I looked at the airdate... 2009. Twelve is literally just Peter Capaldi with access to the BBC's wardrobe budget now.

holy poo poo

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

holy poo poo

It's not that surprising. The bright red lining is kind of a signature thing for Crombie, and Crombie coats/jackets were a big thing in the world of punk/alt/whatever culture when Ferguson and Capaldi were in that band together.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

holy poo poo

I love how the first thing Craig does is call him out for looking like a magician. Little did he know that fives years later... :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how the first thing Craig does is call him out for looking like a magician. Little did he know that fives years later... :allears:

that's what made my mind go from "oh that's cute" to "HOLY loving poo poo", actually

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Republican Vampire posted:

It's not that surprising. The bright red lining is kind of a signature thing for Crombie, and Crombie coats/jackets were a big thing in the world of punk/alt/whatever culture when Ferguson and Capaldi were in that band together.

Popular with mods and skinheads, IIRC (like Doc Martens, Fred Perry shirts, Sta Prest trousers, bomber jackets, parkas and braces), and of course there was a mod/skinhead revival going on when Capaldi and Ferguson had their band (the Jam, Secret Affair, Madness, the Specials etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Popular with mods and skinheads, IIRC (like Doc Martens, Fred Perry shirts, Sta Prest trousers, bomber jackets, parkas and braces), and of course there was a mod/skinhead revival going on when Capaldi and Ferguson had their band (the Jam, Secret Affair, Madness, the Specials etc).

Yeah, 12 was originally styled in a very classic skinhead way (they backed off on that after the first promo shots. The cardigan is apparently crucial when talking about this). There was actually talk that that was the core idea-- He was a Skinhead 3 the same way that 11 was a toffish oxbridge take on two's styling and personality.

• Locked thread