Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

Cashier's check, or paypal?

Neither.. 1st editon My Little Pony comic book in a sealed bag and a box of Samoas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Aslains has updated, for anybody used to its particular stock settings. Like me.

Chaosprime posted:

I can get view cap in both my 13 90 and my WZ-132 using coated optics. Should I use Coated Optics over Binos?

Side question, should I ditch camo nets in both for vents? If so, what should my crew camo skill be before doing so? Recently got to my third skill in my 13 90 so have taken BiA, and as a result my camo skill is only about 35% at the moment.

Coated optics is always better, unless you need do some gimmicky ELC game for spotting missions.

Camo nets are bad for the same reason. You move a lot in the game, and are probably better off ducking behind a rock than staying as still as possible.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 30, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Can someone tell me which mod in Aslains mod pack is causing WN8 to be replaced with WG's player rating? As far as I can tell I have it set up same as always.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Axetrain posted:

Can someone tell me which mod in Aslains mod pack is causing WN8 to be replaced with WG's player rating? As far as I can tell I have it set up same as always.

You have to go on the actual XVM site and set your preference now. http://www.modxvm.com/en/ Login and click settings. It's towards the bottom.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

demonR6 posted:

Neither.. 1st editon My Little Pony comic book in a sealed bag and a box of Samoas.

I'll give you a hand job for the samoas. MLP is worthless.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

frood posted:

You have to go on the actual XVM site and set your preference now. http://www.modxvm.com/en/ Login and click settings. It's towards the bottom.

Thank you kindly :cheers:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Artillery seems like it takes the longest to reach tier X by far. A big problem is that if you are terrible and busting your rear end up to being mediocre with other tanks, you'll probably die really fast and uselessly. This at least frees up the bad player to level up other tanks/accumulate free xp.

But with artillery, you can be really bad yet still end up the last player alive. So you end up spending 5x as much time earning the same ~150xp in a losing match but you get far less games completed in the same time. This means less time practicing on different maps and less time to learn to improve.
The big thing that makes arty take so long to grind is that arty has to share exp with the tanks that spot the enemies. They also almost never get the close quarters combat bonus. They get lower exp on average for that reason, even when they do well.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

sela owns gently caress you.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

DonkeyHotay posted:

Where'd you scurry off to these days? The last applicant G took was, well, I won't post it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I wonder what fursona would match a person named DonkeyHotay.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I wonder what fursona would match a person named DonkeyHotay.

That's my boy.

Chaosprime
Sep 30, 2014

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Coated optics is always better, unless you need do some gimmicky ELC game for spotting missions.

Camo nets are bad for the same reason. You move a lot in the game, and are probably better off ducking behind a rock than staying as still as possible.

Thanks. Had both for a while now, been running the 13 90 with Optics and Net, and the WZ-132 with Binos and Net. Both seemed to work perfectly fine but looking to improve my play in them both.

Chaosprime fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 30, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Chaosprime posted:

Thanks. Had both for a while now, been running the 13 90 with Optics and Net, and the WZ-132 with Binos and Net. Both seemed to work perfectly fine but looking to improve my play in them both.

Nets are good if you want to turn into an insane passive scout, but that's very map contingent and your team probably won't take advantage of it anyways.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Almost every CDC game for me:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Rorac posted:

Most people say that you shouldn't get off road driving, but I do personally notice a difference with it on; it is slight but it is there when you're on bad terrain(This is extremely tank specific! Do your research first!)

offroad driving is really really good on any light or fast moving tank, most of them will lose a substantial amount of speed while circling around an enemy and OD will help you to maintain a higher speed

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The number of maps where you can actually spot decent damage is really tiny. There are a lot of maps where there's a bit you can do here and there, sure, but for really big numbers you really need malinovka or prokhorovka, nothing else works. Lakeville can see a few thousand front-loaded, on a really good game where your team clicks tanks and their heavies are idiots, but once they get into the city there's not much you can do.

Even malinovka can be unreliable. I've only seen 9k+ (twice I've been within 100 of hitting 10k) spotting damage on Prokhorovka, and reaching 4-5k on any other map is hard.

Most I can think of on a map other than prokhorovka is spotting like 6k damage on afk heavies in their spawn on the west side of Swamp. Doing the same thing in another game I got called a coward by an IS-8 who was afk for the first 70 seconds of the game, and came back in time to be finished off. Swamp is a loving shitshow though and nothing is reliable on that map.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

The number of maps where you can actually spot decent damage is really tiny. There are a lot of maps where there's a bit you can do here and there, sure, but for really big numbers you really need malinovka or prokhorovka, nothing else works. Lakeville can see a few thousand front-loaded, on a really good game where your team clicks tanks and their heavies are idiots, but once they get into the city there's not much you can do.

Even malinovka can be unreliable. I've only seen 9k+ (twice I've been within 100 of hitting 10k) spotting damage on Prokhorovka, and reaching 4-5k on any other map is hard.

Most I can think of on a map other than prokhorovka is spotting like 6k damage on afk heavies in their spawn on the west side of Swamp. Doing the same thing in another game I got called a coward by an IS-8 who was afk for the first 70 seconds of the game, and came back in time to be finished off. Swamp is a loving shitshow though and nothing is reliable on that map.

Yep. Just do other missions until you see Prok, then run tier 8 lights and hope to hit it again before the map rotation changes. It's technically possible to get 6k+ spotting damage on maps that are not Prok, but it'd be a true miracle.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

The T28 T95 is really frustratingrelaxing to play with 13(!!) kph movement speed. Arty will dunk on you at will and much of time you follow the main group and either push through a stalemate or rescue a losing flank can't even get to the fight before it's either totally lost or the enemy has already been smashed, it happens alot. At least tThe T95 have great frontal armor and acceptable side armor, the T28 gets a laughable 50mm of side armor and its flat lower plate will let tier 8s and up punch through it frequently.

T25 AT is loving great basically just a Jpanther clone, which is decent, I guess.

E3 owns bones though.

FTFY

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Lingonberries have an edit feature?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

Yep. Just do other missions until you see Prok, then run tier 8 lights and hope to hit it again before the map rotation changes. It's technically possible to get 6k+ spotting damage on maps that are not Prok, but it'd be a true miracle.

You used to be able to scout Murovanka too, now that I remember, but it was only really reliable as south spawn. The change completely killed spotting on that map. There really is no other map where you're going to have any reasonable chance of spotting the large numbers the missions ask for.

Still better than the arty mission I'm stuck on: track two tanks and have your allies kill them while they're tracked. Even more luck based than splashing three tanks at once.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Just wait until splashing three while killing one comes along with the T-55A missions. :shepface:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I just ignored every SPG mission after the first set, nothing is worth playing that much arty.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So, a bit of advice needed. Seeing as I oddly can tear poo poo up in my Lee and plan to get both the T-1 and M4 (because why not?), I'm in need of advice about my other tanks...

The T-28 and the T-50.

I like the T-50 actually, and have my free vents and camo on it. It's armor is surprisingly good for a light, and the vt-43 is punchy. But the speed leaves me wanting more and the vision is poor, seeing as most games the tier VI heavies see me before I see them.

The T-28 is also very...challenging to use. It feels like you need a ton of support from a good team. If I'm with a group of good tankers 500 damage is easy enough but it is a massive target with poo poo armor. My strategy has been to hang at the back of a formation and use hard cover to peek out for a few shots but again, some maps like cities or wide open field type maps leave me very vulnerable often.

Any tips? For that matter, crew skills heading towards the T-34 and the KV-1?

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 30, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Yeah the T25 AT is really good. It has a good gun with great depression, some armor to bully lower tier dweebs and it's pretty quick. Imagine a 122-44 that traded away some alpha and dpm for a boost in just about all other gun stats. Easily one of the best tier 7 TDs, imo.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Blindeye posted:

So, a bit of advice needed. Seeing as I oddly can tear poo poo up in my Lee and plan to get both the T-1 and M4 (because why not?), I'm in need of advice about my other tanks...

The T-28 and the T-50.

I like the T-50 actually, and have my free vents and camo on it. It's armor is surprisingly good for a light, and the vt-43 is punchy. But the speed leaves me wanting more and the vision is poor, seeing as most games the tier VI heavies see me before I see them.

The T-28 is also very...challenging to use. It feels like you need a ton of support from a good team. If I'm with a group of good tankers 500 damage is easy enough but it is a massive target with poo poo armor. My strategy has been to hang at the back of a formation and use hard cover to peek out for a few shots but again, some maps like cities or wide open field type maps leave me very vulnerable often.

Any tips? For that matter, crew skills heading towards the T-34 and the KV-1?

T28 has the great 57mm gun. I can't say I like the tank (even though I haven't played it since I was new myself), but use the good accuracy and penetration to snipe, basically. Let others spot for you and move far enough away from bushes that they are no longer transparent to stay hidden when firing.

As for low tier crew skills, I would probably just start training sixth sense on the commander and repair on everone else because I am lazy.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

I'll give you a hand job for the samoas. MLP is worthless.

Well poo poo if that is the case I have three boxes.. and some thin mints come to think of it.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Europe will get the same "win a battle, get gold 3 times a day" mission that the americans will get
and top of the three is the Bat Chat now :v:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got the Fury yesterday, threw the movie crew in the barracks to forget about forever and threw my 5 skill Patton 3 crew in it.

After 4 losses back to back I realized that I am not superman and cannot carry new/lovely players in low tier games like that.

Also, it does not get a credit bonus to my knowledge.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

Also, it does not get a credit bonus to my knowledge.
Fury does have boosted credit and XP bonuses like other premium vehicles. It's essentially just an M4A3E8 with those benefits and some wonky armor. If you enjoy the Easy 8, you'll enjoy the Fury. I had kept my E8 in the garage because I liked it and only sold it once I got the Fury.

Blindeye posted:

The T-28 is nearly as tall as the M3 Lee about 1/3 longer, and has no armor whatsoever. A Pz. I C can eat a T-28 alive. The 57mm ZiS is a fantastic gun though. Great RoF, high pen, and decent alpha. You really gotta play the thing like a mobile sniper or flanker. If anything sees you, you need to move because you can't afford to trade shots even with Tier III light tanks. I played mine like a T67 with lovely view-range and better gun traverse. Worked out fairly well.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 30, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Double-post because I'm retarded. Here, have this picture.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 30, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Surely the wurst T4 is german?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

RanKizama posted:

Double-post because I'm retarded. Here, have this picture.

this is clearly edited

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Prav posted:

:rimshot:

guidoanselmi posted:

this is clearly edited
Oh, absolutely. MS Paint skills over 9000!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Prav posted:

Durchbruchswagen 2

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

If I was only as talented as you :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh boy 9.8 best patch:

quote:

- Komarin removed from random battles
- North-West completely removed from the client
- Hidden Village will not appear on high tiers anymore

- All automatic guns can now shoot at 400 meter distance (up from 350)

in 9.8 - the infamous LT15 mission will be apparently made easier. The goal of 4000 damage remains but now your own damage will count towards it as well as your spotting damage.

Plus they're buffing the T30, KV-13, and VK3002Db for some reason.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Is North-West that hated? It could be reworked so that the middle is more appealing for flanking maneuvers but I have never hated that map.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hmm, depending on the buffs I might rebuy the KV-13, that tank was quite fun to play. Pretty much all pubbies underestimate your armor.

Edit: North-West is complete trash. They've already reworked it several times now and each iteration is as bad as the last.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

RanKizama posted:

:rimshot:

4chan called they want their memes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rincewinds posted:

Is North-West that hated? It could be reworked so that the middle is more appealing for flanking maneuvers but I have never hated that map.

North but mostly South are the only viable "lanes" to win a match.