Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The ending plot twist is that it was Daredevil dressed up like spider-man the whole time. Wolverine was in on it, but thought it was funny.

EDIT: Oh, hello new page :doh:

Majuju posted:

Kalan, Failla, Saito & Herring
SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #6 2015
Pixels, because I get the digital version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait... seriously?!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... seriously?!

Not in the least bit.

The whole issue was great, I think my favorite part was SM calling Sinister Teddy and Harry Sinister throughout the entire thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

So, is he the only teacher there with an actual teaching certificate? or did that get retconned with brand new day?

I'm sure a couple of them have teaching certificates from the bull poo poo school Xavier ran way back in the day.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

That could not be more of an edit.

I can't find the original, so assume it's real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

So, is he the only teacher there with an actual teaching certificate? or did that get retconned with brand new day?

Even though Peter was a teacher I believe he didn't actually have a certificate or anything like that. He was hired on to a struggling school that couldn't get anyone else so they had relaxed standards.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, this certificate is for 'Peter Parker', not 'Spider-Man!'

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

Multiversity #2:

:lol: Considering how loving much I hate the Batman: Vampire series, this is some genius comedic gold right here.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:lol: Considering how loving much I hate the Batman: Vampire series, this is some genius comedic gold right here.

Batman craving weak, watered-down espresso speaks volumes about his inner character.

Just proves Animated Batman is best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reMYQSXB0g

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Say Nothing posted:

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what is really and what is parody in this thread.

Where are Veronica's nipples?

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Baron Bifford posted:

Where are Veronica's nipples?

A question young men have been asking for decades now...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Majuju posted:

SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #6 2015

The Big Gay Logan is canon, and it's Spidey's go-to dance move.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Batman craving weak, watered-down espresso speaks volumes about his inner character.

Just proves Animated Batman is best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0reMYQSXB0g

Bruce just has weak tastes in anything in the comics

Kingdom Come

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghostlight posted:

I would have guessed a long black,

You're thinking of The Midnighter.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kingdom Come

He only orders it well-done so Superman can do that heat vision thing later in the scene.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He eats his steak well-done because fully cooking it like that breaks down the proteins, requiring fewer calories to digest JUST IN CASE it is his last meal for awhile. Batman: ALWAYS PREPARED.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

He eats his steak well-done because fully cooking it like that breaks down the proteins, requiring fewer calories to digest JUST IN CASE it is his last meal for awhile. Batman: ALWAYS PREPARED.

Did you ever read Brian Azzarello's Batman arc where there's this long scene dedicated to properly cooking a steak? Batman just has a thing about his beef.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Did you ever read Brian Azzarello's Batman arc where there's this long scene dedicated to properly cooking a steak? Batman just has a thing about his beef.

Well done is the opposite of properly cooking steak.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kingdom Come

Maaaan you show that scene and don't show Fabio Superman Waiter?

E: also, I never really noticed balding J'onn J'onnz chef in the background. Goddamnit I love Kingdom Come.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I do not disagree.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So does Superman age or not? I've seen future Superman without gray hair I'm pretty sure.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

So does Superman age or not? I've seen future Superman without gray hair I'm pretty sure.

The Superman that got killed by Superboy-Prime had some grey hair. And the Superman in One Million seemed to be made entirely out of gold. :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

Maaaan you show that scene and don't show Fabio Superman Waiter?

E: also, I never really noticed balding J'onn J'onnz chef in the background. Goddamnit I love Kingdom Come.

And Supergirl waitress is just over this job.

Honestly, the Power Girl joke is probably the worst part of that sequence.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

thespaceinvader posted:

There is not a single drat panel in that book that doesn't have something hidden in it. That dude in the sunglases on Martian Frycook's left is Mark Gruenwald for example.

There's links here for all four issues that go through the books, panel-by-panel highlighting the references in both the text and the art. It is amazing. Kingdom Come is amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I'll never understand why Americans are so adamant about how to eat steaks. Do you guys also think there's a right and a wrong way to prepare toast?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

I'll never understand why Americans are so adamant about how to eat steaks. Do you guys also think there's a right and a wrong way to prepare toast?

The bread industry is not as powerful as the beef lobby.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lurdiak posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716981

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Lurdiak posted:

No darker than PMS 4695. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

redstormpopcorn posted:

No darker than PMS 4695. :colbert:

If your toast isn't PMS 485 you're living wrong!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Anecdotally there's an inverse relationship between how big my tip is and how long a customer wants their beef cooked. Also, if you think that'sthat's bad, get 3 different people from 3 different states in the same room and ask them the proper way to make chili.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

Ask some Brits what they think about our Iced Sweet Tea

MADE WITH THE MICROWAVE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Anecdotally there's an inverse relationship between how big my tip is and how long a customer wants their beef cooked.

Maybe don't snort at them derisively while twirling your pencil mustache?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Ask some Brits what they think about our Iced Sweet Tea

MADE WITH THE MICROWAVE

Americans know where tea belongs - in our harbors!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

Anecdotally there's an inverse relationship between how big my tip is and how long a customer wants their beef cooked. Also, if you think that'sthat's bad, get 3 different people from 3 different states in the same room and ask them the proper way to make chili.

It's simple; chili is made with beans, and anybody who says otherwise is a filthy communist traitor.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

prefect posted:

It's simple; chili is made with beans, and anybody who says otherwise is a filthy communist traitor.

Beans enhance the chili but it's okay if you don't get them.

Speaking of Batman's awful taste in food, here's him enjoying Ollie's Tame And Bland Chili

Green Lantern #85

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

200x321

edit: haha, ok you fixed it nvm

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I think most have him age at a slower rate than humans.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

Considering he isn't a baby, yes he does.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Batman you didn't put any crackers on your bowl of chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zereth posted:

Batman you didn't put any crackers on your bowl of chili.

hence the need for more, right?