Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Bloodbath Kavkaz is loving amazing. I have no idea what's happening, since the dialogue isn't in English, just the menus, but it rules. It has a kick button, and if you hold the kick button down you can walk around and instakill people and destroy doors just by touching them, and the masks are way better than in Hotline Miami, too.

Also, the soundtrack is actually really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAERw1XA0YE

So far, i have to say that Bloodbath Kavkaz is the game that Hotline Miami 2 should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
That bold statement hurts my heart but I respect your opinion. :smithicide:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Between an all-new DLC campaign for Postal 2 and the release of Hotline Bloodbath Kavkaz this had been a great month for lovely games.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Does a political figure acting as a waifu in the game sway your opinion in favour of it, Freak Futanari?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Does a political figure acting as a waifu in the game sway your opinion in favour of it, Freak Futanari?

That poor woman.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
http://albatr.itch.io/superhotline-miami A fun take on Hotline Miami, combining it with the mechanics of an fps called Superhot. Time moves as fast as you do!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
It's the little touches....

Perturbator actually ducks in Execute if you fire a gun.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sleeveless posted:

That poor woman.

The whole of the game is in English, now? I thought it was still mostly in Russian.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

RZApublican posted:

The whole of the game is in English, now? I thought it was still mostly in Russian.

It is, but it switches the language setting to Russian for no explicable reason

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Geight posted:

http://albatr.itch.io/superhotline-miami A fun take on Hotline Miami, combining it with the mechanics of an fps called Superhot. Time moves as fast as you do!

That would be the best mask power. :allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anatharon posted:

That would be the best mask power. :allears:

Yeah absolutely.

What should it be though? Something related to speed or time or fast reactions.

Like a cheetah or a roadrunner?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Mantis Shrimp.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rockopolis posted:

Mantis Shrimp.

Yeah that's pretty perfect actually.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I know I'm a day too late for the Bloodbath contest, but still have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dOaseOuPU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got a notification that the CE record shipped today, check your email if you're in the second wave.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

JAssassin posted:

I know I'm a day too late for the Bloodbath contest, but still have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dOaseOuPU

You best be sharin'. Whether by CC or other means. Wish there were nunchakus in 2k15.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

widespread posted:

You best be sharin'. Whether by CC or other means. Wish there were nunchakus in 2k15.

I uploaded him. Search for Hotline and you'll find him. I can also upload the moveset I made for him if you want.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Are there no kilts in 2k15? If not, I'd argue it's not even worth making Jake. Gotta have standards, man. :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Two weird things I thought of.

One, why the heck is Richter forced to be in 50 blessings? Jacket, the Biker and Jake all had clear motivations (revenge, boredom, being a racist jerk) but it doesn't really make sense to threaten completely random people into being your assassins.

Two, did I misread the date or does No Mercy take place before Down Under, making the Fans' story even more of a confused mess? :psyduck:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anatharon posted:

One, why the heck is Richter forced to be in 50 blessings? Jacket, the Biker and Jake all had clear motivations (revenge, boredom, being a racist jerk) but it doesn't really make sense to threaten completely random people into being your assassins.

Two, did I misread the date or does No Mercy take place before Down Under, making the Fans' story even more of a confused mess? :psyduck:

The comics imply that they start blackmailing people into working for them after they sign up for their newsletter

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Anatharon posted:

The short answer is Yes, and his may be linked to some questions raised ingame about the identity of Richter's father. The long answer is that the game is really badly written.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Richter signed up for 50 Blessings outside of a Wal Mart thinking it really was a peaceful organization. Then his car got burnt down.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay I went and checked and realized I'm an idiot. Down Under is October 31st, on Halloween. No Mercy and Execution take place in November not October like I had thought for some reason.

The Fans' story is still kind of a mess but not as much as I thought it was. :v:

MONKET posted:

Richter signed up for 50 Blessings outside of a Wal Mart thinking it really was a peaceful organization. Then his car got burnt down.

I'd buy that. :v:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Gave the game another shot after a little break and I really, really love the Son's levels. Seizure seemed like such a huge load of bullshit when I first played it, but going back after getting gud it's probably one of my favorite levels. The soundtrack kicks rear end, the gimmick of the level is pretty well done and it turns out there aren't invisible enemies at all it's just the nightclub makes them incredibly difficult to see.

The bodyguard is probably my preferred Son style for that level.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

How does threatening random people into being assassins not make complete sense? That's how they get away with it. They have to be random.

Like you say their motivations are each kinda unique. 50B's just using people, they don't care much who as long as the job gets done. And if it doesn't you just pressure them more.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

Gave the game another shot after a little break and I really, really love the Son's levels. Seizure seemed like such a huge load of bullshit when I first played it, but going back after getting gud it's probably one of my favorite levels. The soundtrack kicks rear end, the gimmick of the level is pretty well done and it turns out there aren't invisible enemies at all it's just the nightclub makes them incredibly difficult to see.

The bodyguard is probably my preferred Son style for that level.

I probably should learn ~PROPER~ dodge rolling since, as of now, I'd prefer Dirty Hands or Bloodlines over Bodyguard. Same applies to the fans sorta. Really wish the sword was usable vs the fat people but eh.

That being said, all I remember is getting to Hard Mode Down Under. And I think I got stuck at the start of the 2nd floor.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Kurt Vonnegut wrote a short story that was released posthumously called "Look at the Birdie". The basic premise is that a mental health doctor has fallen on hard times, lost his job, and now hangs around in bars taking pictures of people who look like they might have money.

He then explains that he used to be a respectable doctor, but he's been forced into doing what he's doing, which is blackmailing people. He kept a list of the most violent, paranoid and insane of his former patients and if he didn't receive money, he would send the photograph of the person to these people, claiming "They're the ones after you" etc.

I imagine 50 blessings works in the same manner.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

widespread posted:

The real tragedy is that Steve Blackman's entrance video isn't in it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

The real tragedy is that Steve Blackman's entrance video isn't in it.

PC age we're in. Possible googling and modding is.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Update on the level editor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I wonder who the spoilered-out character is.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Bloodbath Kavkaz is part of this week's IndieGala bundle, if you were morbidly curious it's $1.99 for it and five other lovely games.

I really hope that when the level editor is added they add trading cards/badges/etc too on Steam, the wallpapers and icons for the original Hotline Miami were rad as hell.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

CJacobs posted:

I wonder who the spoilered-out character is.

Hoxton.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They didn't give a release date so it's not actually coming out.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So... Richter is NOT Richter. He is The Rat.

Very interesting how they put it like that... I wonder what THAT means...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

People don't name their masks after themselves.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"
-Not all enemies will be available for all characters, in fact most characters are only able to fight one or two different factiosn.

-You will not be able to create levels that has both cutscene content and enemies, due to endless possibilities of game breaking bugs."

Those are both pretty disappointing things.

I gather the first is due to spritesheets but I'm not entirely sure why the second thing would be.

Skunkrocker posted:

Every character is "The ___"

Jake is (depending on the build) The Snake or The Cobra.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 13, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Anatharon posted:

Jake is (depending on the build) The Snake or The Cobra.

Making a distinction for Heel Jake and Face Jake :v:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Just like the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Anatharon posted:

I'm actually looking forward to the restrictions because it's going to make me think outside the box. Y'all gotta stop being so down on this game!

Better yet: The Robbers, with the entire cast. :getin:

• Locked thread