Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stairmaster posted:

Spaceballs wasn't that good.

SA has really gone to poo poo since all these trolls showed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unacceptable. Unac-loving-ceptable. :frogout:

Don't come back until you've at least seen Die Hard. No-one's gonna blame you for not watching the Fast and Furious movies though.

I loving will, go see that poo poo, it rules

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spaceballs was okay but it was definitely the start of Mel Brooks decline into utter poo poo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Watch Blazing Saddles and don't bother with the first Mad Max movie because it's dated and boring as gently caress hth

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first Mad Max movie is good but the second film is what most people think Mad Max is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More like Bad Max

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
More like queef waifu

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Whoa when did this thread get banished to ADTRW

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I asked the moderation team for a thread to allow me to probate Gitmo and WickedHate and they gave me this thread.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

Watch Blazing Saddles and don't bother with the first Mad Max movie because it's dated and boring as gently caress hth

Probate this guy.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Probate this guy.

But watch blazing saddles first

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The problem with Spaceballs is that it's really broad and unlike Brooks's other genre parodies, he just clearly doesn't care about sci-fi the way he does horror and Westerns.

Also who would win Robocop or The Four Horsemen Deckard?

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 30, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

For all you Akibaranger fans, Chroma Squad, aka Akibaranger the game, just came out on Steam today! I've been playing it for a couple days because I got it early as a backer, and it's suuuuuper good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrl2bCBzqRc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We should watch Dredd.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

For all you Akibaranger fans, Chroma Squad, aka Akibaranger the game, just came out on Steam today! I've been playing it for a couple days because I got it early as a backer, and it's suuuuuper good!

Oooh, April 38th meant April 30th generally but the 28th to backers.

I... guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, that's a 0. The font they used just doesn't have the strike through it at enough of an angle.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Matrix, Terminator, Die Hard, Robocop, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Predator, Friday the 13th, Highlander, Saw...

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 30, 2015

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Waffleman_ posted:

Seconding this. It's got solid gameplay and great writing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No-one's gonna blame you for not watching the Fast and Furious movies though.

Fast 5 is easily one of the top ten action movies...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I should probably also check out some Jason Statham movies at some point. I hear Crank 2: High Voltage is okay.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

What even is aqua teen hunger force at this point
The same thing that it's been for over a decade- a nonsensical, hit-or-miss stoner comedy. If "Multiple Meat" weren't a Season 7 episode, it would be referenced all the time.

Stairmaster posted:

Spaceballs wasn't that good.
It's an OK movie, but it's overrated by people on the internet, and it certainly can't hold a candle to Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles (also :lol: to the people who are comparing that piece of crap Adam Sandler straight-to-Netflix movie to that masterpiece of comedy).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm starting on it now. What were the names of the Alpaca villains and some of the villains from early episodes, or season 2? I gotta make the Akibarangers, and I want to use as many actual names as possible.

Super early impressions:

-Posing whenever they say something rocks.
-Combat looks like fun.
-Bai Bai, Dr. Mi Ah.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 1, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shibuyaseitakaawadachisohidenagaaburamushi
Shibuyakozorinahigenagaaburamushi
Kabukichōmesugurohyomoncho
Monzennakachōhashibirokō
Shimokitazawahoya
Yoyogisujibokehashirigumo
Tsukushima Alpaca
Asakusa Alpaca

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Thanks a bunch! I think I'll need to shorten one or two of those, just maybe.

Also, since Blue and Yellow are female, the role of Akiba Pink will be played by Mr. Beaver, who is a literal beaver. No innuendo is intended. You should show off your Sentai team during the next Goonami Waffle!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bakuhatsu Sentai Burstranger!

I farmed the names out on Twitter.

Burst Yellow is Bait
Burst Red is SHMiguarts
Burst Purple is Za T
Burst Black is Abby
Burst Green is Drizzle

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stairmaster posted:

Fast 5 is easily one of the top ten action movies...

They're actually good? I thought they turned to crap sometime around the 2nd/3rd one?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Around 3 or 4, the Fast movies just became superhero movies where everyone's power was cars.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The Fast and Furious movies are incredible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

1: Okay
2: Terrible
3: Amazing
4: Bad
5: Amazing
6: Great
7: Great

Arist fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 1, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

everythingWasBees posted:

Matrix, Terminator, Die Hard, Robocop, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Predator, Friday the 13th, Highlander, Saw...
Jurassic Park is another one, hell The Lost World which is not as bad as everyone says because all people remember is the stupid gymnastics scene and not all the cool dino action carnage

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MrAristocrates posted:

1: Okay
2: Terrible
3: Amazing
4: Bad
5: Amazing
6: Great
7: Great

Welp fair enough then :v:.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

achillesforever6 posted:

Jurassic Park is another one, hell The Lost World which is not as bad as everyone says because all people remember is the stupid gymnastics scene and not all the cool dino action carnage

Lost World is bad because everyone in that movie acts like a god damned idiot in both what they should know in regards to their chosen profession, and what they should know in regards to common loving sense

also i am deeply disappointed at the lack of John Carpenter in these suggestions; we need more of the Carpenter/Russel Connection as seen in such cinematic classics as Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Bakuhatsu Sentai Burstranger!

I farmed the names out on Twitter.

Burst Yellow is Bait
Burst Red is SHMiguarts
Burst Purple is Za T
Burst Black is Abby
Burst Green is Drizzle

Is Purple just a robot?

Argus Zant posted:

also i am deeply disappointed at the lack of John Carpenter in these suggestions; we need more of the Carpenter/Russel Connection as seen in such cinematic classics as Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York

Big Trouble in Little China is a good rear end movie and everyone should watch that. Escape from New York is yet another case where I saw the sequal before the original.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I can't name the monsters after all, oh well. I'm at the start of season 3 now, looks like business is about to pick up!

I'd advise playing on the hardest difficulty right from the start though, it's kind of a cakewalk so far. I'll certainly be playing on max difficulty on subsequent playthroughs.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh no ,i mean poo poo I haven't watched.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Argus Zant posted:

Lost World is bad because everyone in that movie acts like a god damned idiot in both what they should know in regards to their chosen profession, and what they should know in regards to common loving sense
Everyone except Roland who took out a bull T-Rex all by himself with a loving tranq rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2YCQnF_HQ
:black101:

Also the score is much better than the first movie :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Is Purple just a robot?

:ssh: No! He's a real boy!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: Goku gets better and makes his way to Namek. The Namekians try to fight back against Frieza, but nothing doing. Zarbon's too much and Dodoria comes in after the Namekians destroy their scouters.

Are they still on Namek?: Yes
Is Goku on Namek?: No

Kill La Kill: Nui Harime, the Grand Courtier of Revocs, the company owned by Satsuki's mom, barges in and admits to killing Ryuko's dad. Ryuko, in her rage, loses her way and turns into a hosed up monster. Mako saves the day. In the aftermath, Satsuki tells Ryuko of her plans to have Honnouji take over every school in Japan.

SAO II: Kirito registers for BoB and accidentally sees Sinon's fictional digital avatar in its fictional, not real underwear, which causes her to hate him because this series is badly written. Kirito gets in a fight but he kicks butt with his goddamn lightsaber in an FPS because this series is badly written. Kirito runs into DESU GAN and finds out that he's some shmuck from SAO because this series is badly written.

One Piece: Sanji fights Jabra as Nami and Chopper go after Robin. Jabra tries to distract Sanji by claiming he is Robin's long lost brother, but nothing doing. Jabra goes all out and Sanji responds by using flaming kicks to loving wreck him.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

PSG: Robots, gambling, zombies, Tom Cruise, volleyball, goons, body adventures, avant-garde cinema, and music videos.

PANTY AND STOCKING ENDS TONIGHT

Also, I've decided that since next week is my last Saturday of the school year, I'm going to hold a special movie night on Goonami. I've got two candidates on what to watch. We can do Dragonball Evolution (with optional TeamFourStar riff track) or Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Waffleman_ posted:

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: Goku gets better and makes his way to Namek. The Namekians try to fight back against Frieza, but nothing doing. Zarbon's too much and Dodoria comes in after the Namekians destroy their scouters.

Are they still on Namek?: Yes
Is Goku on Namek?: No

Kill La Kill: Nui Harime, the Grand Courtier of Revocs, the company owned by Satsuki's mom, barges in and admits to killing Ryuko's dad. Ryuko, in her rage, loses her way and turns into a hosed up monster. Mako saves the day. In the aftermath, Satsuki tells Ryuko of her plans to have Honnouji take over every school in Japan.

SAO II: Kirito registers for BoB and accidentally sees Sinon's fictional digital avatar in its fictional, not real underwear, which causes her to hate him because this series is badly written. Kirito gets in a fight but he kicks butt with his goddamn lightsaber in an FPS because this series is badly written. Kirito runs into DESU GAN and finds out that he's some shmuck from SAO because this series is badly written.

One Piece: Sanji fights Jabra as Nami and Chopper go after Robin. Jabra tries to distract Sanji by claiming he is Robin's long lost brother, but nothing doing. Jabra goes all out and Sanji responds by using flaming kicks to loving wreck him.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

PSG: Robots, gambling, zombies, Tom Cruise, volleyball, goons, body adventures, avant-garde cinema, and music videos.

PANTY AND STOCKING ENDS TONIGHT

Also, I've decided that since next week is my last Saturday of the school year, I'm going to hold a special movie night on Goonami. I've got two candidates on what to watch. We can do Dragonball Evolution (with optional TeamFourStar riff track) or Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Kung Pow gets my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching Evolution with commentary is cheating.

• Locked thread