Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

I Would totally read a comic with a laid back living with pokemon in the english countryside style, especially in this art style. It'd be a nice change of pace from "we should learn to love and understand our pokemon friends and live in peace with them. Now go and murder your way across the world until you can bend god to you will."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Anora posted:

I Would totally read a comic with a laid back living with pokemon in the english countryside style, especially in this art style. It'd be a nice change of pace from "we should learn to love and understand our pokemon friends and live in peace with them. Now go and murder your way across the world until you can bend god to you will."

I would watch Father Brown with Pokemon

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'd watch Father Ted with Pokemon.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'd watch My Two Dads with Pokemon.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

Dobsonflies are pretty metal looking even if the male's massive pincers are literally useless for anything except display.

They also happen to be one of the dumbest insects I've ever seen, routinely flying headfirst into people's faces, they've got the spacial sense of a June Beetle except they're five times the size

The thing about Dobson flies is that the adults basically just live a week to gently caress and that's it. They spend most of their lives as larva then fly out of the river to make babies and that's that. This makes the adults actually uncommonly seen in even areas where they're plentiful. You'll have rear end loads of people that have never seen one suddenly come across one around August and then go HOLY poo poo OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS loving THING because they're like four inches long and look like hideous monsters that will eat you alive.

Females have mandibles that can actually hurt you and are aggressive if you mess with them. Males are just kind of :effort:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Most insects are like that. Many become adults that don't have mouthparts, they can't even eat. Life as a bug sucks.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Invictus posted:

Most insects are like that. Many become adults that don't have mouthparts, they can't even eat. Life as a bug sucks.

Sometimes you do get sent out on a mission to find warriors to defend your home, so it's not all bad.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

The first OC gemsona I've seen

It begins

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well THAT'S a bit morbid.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
two and a half mawiles

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

hard counter posted:

It begins

Really? There's a goon in the Steven Universe thread that's got a gallery full of them.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

hard counter posted:

It begins

Seriously?

Theres about a million of them, all worse than the last

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

These two musta felt like real shmucks when the season finale aired.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I guess I should say I don't watch the show or actively make searches for it but lately I've seen several of these things come up on sites I frequent. Like a sudden spike of them. It seems like SU's starting to go nerd mainstream, for lack of better phrase.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Waffleman_ posted:

These two musta felt like real shmucks when the season finale aired.

Their male character has a gemstone in their armpit, uses a machine gun, and is drawn in the style of a completely different cartoon. They probably cant feel shame.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

From the World of Warcraft Lore Megathread:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hard counter posted:

I guess I should say I don't watch the show or actively make searches for it but lately I've seen several of these things come up on sites I frequent. Like a sudden spike of them. It seems like SU's starting to go nerd mainstream, for lack of better phrase.

Yeah, it got stupid popular when Cartoon Network aired the last few episodes of the first season all in one week.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think "gemsona" might be the first time I have had to actively ignore a post in this thread while scrolling down because of the cringing it induced.

I don't even know what Steven Universe is.

Bismuth posted:

Their male character has a gemstone in their armpit, uses a machine gun, and is drawn in the style of a completely different cartoon. They probably cant feel shame.

Does that show even HAVE male characters? I thought all of the characters named after birthstones were female.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also I'm pretty sure "Ruby" is already a character, and it looks like the Cleveland Indians logo or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The best thing to come out of gemsonas was when a person working on some cartoon called uncle grandpa made a tumblr page for one of the characters and had that character make a gemsona. then that character submitted his gemsona to some "gemsona database" and it didn't get allowed in for not having enough effort put into it or something.

then I guess they made fun of gemsona stuff in the stephen universe april fools episode where it crossed over with uncle grandpa and had that character trying to show stephen his gemsona.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
Get that terrible gemsona taste out of your mouth.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I think "gemsona" might be the first time I have had to actively ignore a post in this thread while scrolling down because of the cringing it induced.

When I read gemsona myself I immediately harkened back to all the ponysonas, sonicsonas, fursonas, etc that are in those strange fandoms. I must've missed any gemsonas that were posted earlier in this thread because that was the first I'd heard of it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Also I'm pretty sure "Ruby" is already a character, and it looks like the Cleveland Indians logo or something.

What? No, she's a tiny wrestler with a fro. What the gently caress are you thinking of?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who What Now posted:

What? No, she's a tiny wrestler with a fro. What the gently caress are you thinking of?

:goonsay: No, she has red skin, so obviously she's a Native American. Gosh.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't even know what Steven Universe is.

It's good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well THAT'S a bit morbid.

How so? I'm not that caught up on Adventure Time. What SRS business happened with candy wrappers?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

How so? I'm not that caught up on Adventure Time. What SRS business happened with candy wrappers?

It's not the candy wrappers themselves, but the fact that she's on a pile of candy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's not the candy wrappers themselves, but the fact that she's on a pile of candy.

(Not fanart).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Say Nothing posted:

(Not fanart).

Poor BMO must live this every day. I wonder how many people have thrown him against the wall.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Well, that Predator's hosed.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Punting posted:

Well, that Predator's hosed.

Or will be hosed depending on the views of the fanartist.

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012
Does music count as weird fanart?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzKWbpSNkmk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

not making the backing singers also use astronaut voices was a missed opportunity tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Moonbase Alpha is the best Vocaloid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQByFjYczfE

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I know there is Youtube Doubler, but this version of the song would be perfect with this classic take on that opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0HU4H0A_tk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always lose it at

Ctrl
Alt
Delete

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

What the gently caress is a gemsona?!

I feel like I'm having a stroke, Christ.

• Locked thread