Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I mean, to be entirely fair, GMS is one single complete clueless idiot, whereas Evil Hat is a company of multiple professional designers and editors. You should compare him to someone whose league he's in. :v:

I'm a clueless idiot, and unless something catastrophic happens Spirit of 77 will ship on time in May, our print draft is being reviewed by the printer right now.

Reading about GMS antics has been keeping me motivated when things get slow on my project. The last thing I want is to be like that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

Reading about GMS antics has been keeping me motivated when things get slow on my project. The last thing I want is to be like that guy.

I'm right there with you. Not in regards to GMS in particular, but wanting to avoid being "that guy" when it comes to Kickstarter fulfillment. Seeing others flounder is good motivation to get stuff done!

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Feng Shui 2 digital links have just been sent out.

Mine hasn't come through yet. :(

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I'm still waiting for the Far West transmedia empire to take off. Wasn't he promising

To be fair, there is a "Tales from the Far West" fiction anthology available electronically. I ended up with it somehow, I couldn't tell you how or why, so I can confirm it exists. I have not actually read it though. I can't vouch for physical versions or any sort of web series.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Skarka has spoken recently about still trying to do a multimedia presentation.

It seems pretty likely the reason the fiction anthology saw the light of day is because it was mostly other people doing the work.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

GimpInBlack posted:

Mine hasn't come through yet. :(

Yeah, they're having trouble getting all the emails sent out. Cam's said they're looking into it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, they're having trouble getting all the emails sent out. Cam's said they're looking into it.

I've yet to have a single attempt at sending me anything through DTRPG work, despite the fact that their system emails work just fine, so I'll probably have to wait a week and then email Atlas Games anyway. :(

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ravenkult posted:

A year ago I posted about my Kickstarter project for a fiction magazine. Included was a short RPG designed by Brennen Reece. I'm about to go update the KS and release issue #1, so I thought I'd drop by here and post the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzinzsuwqwnrtxf/rustandflame.pdf?dl=0

I might end up selling it separately later, so grab it while you can.

Neat, thanks!

Page 4-5:

quote:

A result of 12 or higher is a success...

quote:

A result of 7, 8, or 9 is a partial success...

You're missing some numbers there, might want to fix it :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Clearly a 10 or 11 is a failure :)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Not that unlikely, that's close to how my Duckman game works.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just got the DTRPG email for FS2. :toot:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So did Up Front get resolved or something, because: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/148406

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

So did Up Front get resolved or something, because: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/148406

I dont want to PnP.
gently caress.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just got the DTRPG email for FS2. :toot:

Me too! This is not gonna be good for my productivity.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

Neat, thanks!

Page 4-5:

You're missing some numbers there, might want to fix it :)

Thanks man, fixed it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

GrandpaPants posted:

That's the Avalon Hill version, which is still better than the non-existing version. (Which I backed.)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

The General posted:

I dont want to PnP.
gently caress.

It isn't. Well, the rule book is, and the chits come as cardboard (and a digital copy) rather than actual counters, but that bundle has the cards as cards via their POD card service.

E: the counters say they're double-sided, so if you want to glue them to foam board or something thicker you might have to buy a second copy of them for $2 more.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 1, 2015

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

REALLY disappointed you didn't paint this up like Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm selling these fine plastic figures

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

signalnoise posted:

I'm selling these fine plastic figures

Heard you might be selling a slightly used chair :v:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Reaper's announced at ReaperCon they'll be doing Bones 3 soonish and then a Legendary Encounters (their prepaint line) sometime this fall. This thread has the announcement with a few preview images for Bones 3. Looks like we'll be seeing a not-Tiamat this time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

JackMann posted:

Reaper's announced at ReaperCon they'll be doing Bones 3 soonish and then a Legendary Encounters (their prepaint line) sometime this fall. This thread has the announcement with a few preview images for Bones 3. Looks like we'll be seeing a not-Tiamat this time.

They will need to pull out all the stops to get me to buy more little rubber men. They are great, but you only need so many.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah. I'm likely to back, because I'm kind of a sucker that way, but I'm definitely not going as deep as I have in the past.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

JackMann posted:

Can someone rehost them? They require registration to view.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

everythingWasBees posted:

Can someone rehost them? They require registration to view.

Some here: http://imgur.com/a/vofW6

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Anyone else notice the bear Bones miniatures they got going on there?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Hmmm lots of Warlord minis in that bones preview. I really hope we someday see the emergence of a Warlord Bones kickstarter. Warlord is an OK game but I think being backed by a bones line would give it a shitload of traction, you could sell a lot of people on a skirmish game where most figures cost less than four dollars.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That's a big dragon :stare:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The MASSIVE loving tiamat looks amazing so far, but again, I'd definitely need to invest in an airbrush...

The reworked purple worm looks bitching.

Otherwise I'm not astonished.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Right now, the ones that have me most interested are the graveyard golem, the eldritch be-tentacled thing, the frost giants, and the torture chamber furniture.

EDIT: Just noticed the halfling farmers by the pumpkin cart. That's pretty cool too. You don't see a lot of non-human townsfolk types.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 2, 2015

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Tiamat: Five heads, and as big as a house.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah I'm thinking I'll back but just cherry pick what I want instead of the $100 base pledge.

The Bones 2 minis they've released are only $2-3 more than the KS price.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Even though it is super late, they finally have an unboxing of Journey: Wrath of Demons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUz8gV6uZls

Can't wait to get it, the models and components look awesome. The basic set should be shipping out soon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, so which one of you is responsible for this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/412802602/puppy-zombie/

Seems like a lot of effort for a parody project.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, so which one of you is responsible for this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/412802602/puppy-zombie/

Seems like a lot of effort for a parody project.

Hahaha, this is literally "Exploding Kittens made HOW much money?: The Kickstarter"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ElegantFugue posted:

Hahaha, this is literally "Exploding Kittens made HOW much money?: The Kickstarter"

With better art?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

It would be better if it was by the Hollytown guy.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

:munch:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I'm not sure why they would bother doing that. It's not like they have a patent on terrible card game mechanics, and there's no way zombie puppy is going to make any money without Inman's godawful art attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Considering how much of an obvious lie the first half is, I wouldn't believe a word of the rest.

• Locked thread