Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Speaking of, SMT Warriors would own. Atlus loves Persona spin-offs already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Warriors sold a million units on WiiU with HW, actually managed to move consoles with DQ Heroes, and is about to drop the 3rd One Piece game which will probably do pretty well like the others, not to mention KT as a whole seems to be rubbing shoulders and collaborating with everyone. Feels pretty good to be a Warriors guy these days.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Policenaut posted:

Sengoku Basara! It's still a thing! Here's a new trailer for SB4: Sumeragi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfa8iOYTps8

Goddamn, do I wish this would come stateside. I loved playing though Utage, but it'd be nice to have translated menus again.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Speaking of, SMT Warriors would own. Atlus loves Persona spin-offs already.

Yes

gently caress yes

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dibs on Mara.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Sengoku Basara! It's still a thing! Here's a new trailer for SB4: Sumeragi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfa8iOYTps8

I was worried it was going to be misery and melodrama when it started up with that Chiaki Ishikawa track but that was all forgotten by the time Katsuei hellicoptered a swinging Maria across the screen. The meeting of the three Beis can only end in Kuroda tears and it's going to be glorious. :allears:

TARDISman posted:

I'd buy a JoJo's Bizarre Warriors or Berserk Warriors any day of the week.

I don't think Jojo would work that well as a Musou game since the manga is all about suspenseful, tricksy one on one fights. You could make an argument for a Phantom Blood Musou-style game since at least that has the zombies as a sort of bulk enemy but honestly if they were going to do that, I'd prefer they just made a better Hokuto Musou.

Although it's not recent, the Berserk PS2 game is worth a play if you're a fan. It's not exactly Berserk Musou but it might help to scratch that itch if you have it.

Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdpqV7RPnTE
Normal gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZO89Zo0DW4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fu Xi is basically Guts already, just play as him and pretend.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Brony Hunter posted:

Zhurong has the Boomerang back in DW8. As WO3 was made before DW8, she (and many other characters) still have their old weapons from DW7.
WO3 is weird like that, Zhurong still has those awful throwing knives from DW7 (after not being in DW6/E at all, and finally getting her boomerang back in 7E), but Yueying gets her dagger-axe back (but still has her awesome murder vortex EX attack from her old staff moveset in DW7, which she lost in 7E :argh:).

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Throwing knives are actually about the best weapon in WO3. They score so many hits that they cause your True Triple Attack gauge to fill extremely quickly.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Basically WO3 applied DW7 DLC weapons in that were already out at the time. With new versions they didn't retroactively add DLC in the mean time, so Huang Gai didn't get the DLC canoe, or Zhurong the Boomerang. But Pang De got the Beatstick and Dong Zhuo got bombs, cause they were in the first round of releases.

They were added haphazardly too, at least in the original release. Dong Zhuo has the same musuo animation, and although his weapon is bombs in WO3, the last second of the animation is him returning to a club holding stance.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

NameHurtBrain posted:

Basically WO3 applied DW7 DLC weapons in that were already out at the time. With new versions they didn't retroactively add DLC in the mean time, so Huang Gai didn't get the DLC canoe, or Zhurong the Boomerang. But Pang De got the Beatstick and Dong Zhuo got bombs, cause they were in the first round of releases.

They were added haphazardly too, at least in the original release. Dong Zhuo has the same musuo animation, and although his weapon is bombs in WO3, the last second of the animation is him returning to a club holding stance.

Though for some reason Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and Xiahou Dun have their 7E weapons so :shrug:

Since we're already getting Dragon Quest Heroes I wonder if S-E would make a Musou-like game using the Final Fantasy characters. After all didn't Dynasty Warriors start as a fighting game?

EDIT: A Game of Thrones-Warriors game could do real well.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 28, 2015

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Not sure how it'd work, but with the recent success of Xenoverse I'm curious if a DBZ warriors could happen.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Star Wars Warriors

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone that is interested Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn is on sale in the Playstation 3 store for 50% off until May 5th.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So is One Piece Pirate Warriors 2!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

SirPhoebos posted:

Though for some reason Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and Xiahou Dun have their 7E weapons so :shrug:

They got those in 7XL. Though Xu Shu getting in Ultimate but not any of 7E's weapon changes was kinda suck.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Hello i don't know anything about all these warriors games but i'd like to try one and I see that DW8 is on steam in two versions.

Should i get XTREEEEME legends or that other Empires thing? Plase help.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

Hello i don't know anything about all these warriors games but i'd like to try one and I see that DW8 is on steam in two versions.

Should i get XTREEEEME legends or that other Empires thing? Plase help.

For you first game I would recommend Xtreme Legends. It has more modes and content than Empires, and the story mode will introduce you to all the characters. The Empires games are more for people that have already beaten the main game a million times, and want a new twist on it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Ghost-Slug posted:

I don't think Jojo would work that well as a Musou game since the manga is all about suspenseful, tricksy one on one fights. You could make an argument for a Phantom Blood Musou-style game since at least that has the zombies as a sort of bulk enemy but honestly if they were going to do that, I'd prefer they just made a better Hokuto Musou.

Bio-Booster Armour Guyver Warriors.

:vince:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Can somebody break down the friendship system for Gundam Warriors 3, using Haman as an example?

I really just want to know the trick of getting people to level 4 and 5 and the best way in doing it.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Rutibex posted:

For you first game I would recommend Xtreme Legends. It has more modes and content than Empires, and the story mode will introduce you to all the characters. The Empires games are more for people that have already beaten the main game a million times, and want a new twist on it.

thank you :)

I just noticed that there's also samurai warriors 4 in the playstation store, how does it hold up against tubular legends?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

thank you :)

I just noticed that there's also samurai warriors 4 in the playstation store, how does it hold up against tubular legends?

If you are buying it on the PSN store get Warrior Orochi 3, it is the best warriors game ever. It has the complete cast of both Dynasty warriors and Samurai warriors as well as like 30 unique characters of its own. It's not on PC or I would have recommended that one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im gonna say don't start with wo3 but start with dwxl or sw4.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Can somebody break down the friendship system for Gundam Warriors 3, using Haman as an example?

I really just want to know the trick of getting people to level 4 and 5 and the best way in doing it.

Play as Haman, set characters you need to level up friendships for, set them as your partner, play until they're done, repeat forever.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, DW8XL is probably the best to start with if you haven't played any of the other games, and SW4 has the most refined gameplay since it's the most recent. WO3 is great because it has a lot of content including a crazy amount of playable characters, as mentioned above, though the gameplay is a little clunkier since it's based on the DW7 engine. Also of those three, only DW8XL has the English dub, if that matters to you.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G_DB-WhbR4

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've played DW8XL. What makes Empires different?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

littleorv posted:

Empires trades out the story mode for a campaign mode in which you fight to conquer China yourself. It takes out the special batle events (officers changing sides, heroic last stands, etc.) for reusable tactics and a more formulaic battle flow. It's more replayable since you can decide the course of history, but the battles tend to be a bit less interesting.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

There is a strategy game layered over top of the fighting, like a watered down version of Crusader Kings, but instead of watching little icons fight each other you do battles by playing Dynasty Warriors. You can basically design your own story mode, or play any of the historical scenarios. You can make your own characters and give them any weapons from the series, then put them into custom factions and give them a corner of China to rule.

I made custom character of all my real life friends and gave them their own kingdoms for me to conquer. The Brendan Empire will fall :black101:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sounds ballin' I'll have to wait for a sale then since I have way to many games to play already.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

Sounds ballin' I'll have to wait for a sale then since I have way to many games to play already.

It's too bad you missed the sale last week, DW7:E was on sale for $15, and minus a few weapon sets its almost the same game.

The Empires series is also the only series that lets you play as the generic generals. Finally I can live the dream and play as Shamoke!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can play as generics in sw4's chronicle mode after you beat it :)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SeanBeansShako posted:

Play friendship missions that include the characters you want (back out if they're not actually present despite being in the available set). Play them again. And again. And again. That was my second Platinum, with a fairly heinous number of hours put in. I don't recommend it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Honestly it is an awful system, I've got the 2nd one coming in the post and reading up about it that system is a lot better if fiddly.

PS3 owners, did they fix it in the latest one to not suck?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

KingShiro posted:

And demon penises, don't forget those!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It looks like Koei Tecmo remembered Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 exists. The article says that only the Vita version has been rated so KT might be passing on the 3DS one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suits me, I'd rather play on the nicer screen anyway also yay more SW.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I really liked SW chronicles and I'll pick up 3 if they bring it to vita. I kinda wish they would put more focus on hand held focused experiences (chronicles, next) and stop just porting their main titles and also keep things away from Nintendo handheld/consoles but I'll take what I can get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hyrule Warriors is the best musou game though, even if they eventually added so much to do in it that it's virtually impossible for anyone to finish it all before burning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Honestly it is an awful system, I've got the 2nd one coming in the post and reading up about it that system is a lot better if fiddly.

PS3 owners, did they fix it in the latest one to not suck?

Reborn's a lot less detail-oriented than the previous ones. It seems to be balanced more around the idea of giving you fun robots to play and destroy poo poo as, so, it's a lot better than the incredibly grindy bullshit they had in 3.