Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I got that final and I know virtually nothing about actors and have never seen a movie made before 1990.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Colonial Air Force posted:

What the hell is Greg wearing?

(And where can I get one?)

I think it's German...

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

I think it's German...

Yeah, he just mentioned it. Guess I'm off to Germany!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Are they serious with tonight's FJ clue? I spent the entire 30 seconds trying to parse the drat thing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

zakharov posted:

Are they serious with tonight's FJ clue? I spent the entire 30 seconds trying to parse the drat thing.

Yeah I eventually got it but man that was convoluted

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

zakharov posted:

Was staring at it for a minute or so when I read it in the New York Times, but was able to parse it and get the answer right.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

zakharov posted:

Yeah, my husband and I ended up pausing on the clue and working through it word by word.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

That was a terrible Connery impression.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
On tonight's FJ: wouldn't Santo Domingo be considered to be part of the Americas and also not attached to the mainland? It's more populous than Havana.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

My thought as well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

He deserved to lose all that money.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

The Piper posted:

On tonight's FJ: wouldn't Santo Domingo be considered to be part of the Americas and also not attached to the mainland? It's more populous than Havana.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Apparently it's only Santo Domingo's metro area that's more populous.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
gently caress this guy's mustache.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Who else is taking the Sports Jeopardy! test?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

You know Alex saying it was cool just validated him for life and yeah it was gross as gently caress.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Who else is taking the Sports Jeopardy! test?

Is that still on? I watched it on Crackle when it first started and it was just terrible. It was like what nerds think people who like sports act like. I'm surprised they didn't make crushing a beer can against your forehead the way to buzz in.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
A friend of mine just got on Sports Jeopardy. This is his fifth gameshow.

gently caress my life.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I miss one night of Jeopardy and this is what happens :smith:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Rebecca's angry face as soon as she realized what Mustache just did was classic

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Rebecca's angry face as soon as she realized what Mustache just did was classic

That sinking feeling as you realize your dream is dead and there's nothing you can do about it :(

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
The guy started twirling his goddamn mustache after he won.

loving hell...

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

The guy started twirling his goddamn mustache after he won.

loving hell...

There is literally no other reason to grow that mustache other than to twirl it when your evil Jeopardy plan comes together at the last minute.

My local affiliate aired some "SOME PEOPLE CALL HIM THE VILLAIN OF JEOPARDY" commercial when Arthur Chu was on a roll; I hope mustache guy gets the same treatment because he's giving them some great footage to work with.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Here's a 538 piece on why Ken's record is probably safe:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ken-jenningss-jeopardy-streak-is-safe-for-the-rest-of-time/

Wider audition pool because of the online test, more buzzer practice for contestants, and just statistical unlikelihood.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zakharov posted:

Here's a 538 piece on why Ken's record is probably safe:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ken-jenningss-jeopardy-streak-is-safe-for-the-rest-of-time/

Wider audition pool because of the online test, more buzzer practice for contestants, and just statistical unlikelihood.

I didn't know this:

quote:

During the next month and a half, while the show was off the air, the producers instituted a major change: more rehearsal time for new contestants. The new policy stated that the game couldn’t start until every contestant had successfully outbuzzed his competitors in real game-play conditions. According to Jeopardy executive producer Harry Friedman, the change was unrelated to Jennings’s streak.

Wouldn't Jennings (or every returning champ, for that matter) just "let" the other contestants beat him in this practice round and then bust out his buzzer skills in the game? That seems like a dumb policy.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

wa27 posted:

I didn't know this:

Wouldn't Jennings (or every returning champ, for that matter) just "let" the other contestants beat him in this practice round and then bust out his buzzer skills in the game? That seems like a dumb policy.

If I recall correctly, the returning champion barely rehearsed at all. Maybe two questions. Also, it's not like it's a surprise after the first game how quick a guy is... You sit there all day watching the returning champion getting better and better. It was the most stressful part of the day for me.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

FadingChord posted:

There is literally no other reason to grow that mustache other than to twirl it when your evil Jeopardy plan comes together at the last minute.

My local affiliate aired some "SOME PEOPLE CALL HIM THE VILLAIN OF JEOPARDY" commercial when Arthur Chu was on a roll; I hope mustache guy gets the same treatment because he's giving them some great footage to work with.

I wouldnt count on it if i were you

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

I wouldnt count on it if i were you

:smith: I'll never love again :smith:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Not twirling now are we, Mr. Moustache?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Who else knew FJ because of this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9rB9xNPVhc

wa27 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 8, 2015

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

mennoknight posted:

If I recall correctly, the returning champion barely rehearsed at all. Maybe two questions. Also, it's not like it's a surprise after the first game how quick a guy is... You sit there all day watching the returning champion getting better and better. It was the most stressful part of the day for me.

Yeah, the returning champion is still chilling in the Champion's closet of the Green Room when all of us challengers are taking our practice rounds, trying out the buzzer.

Had no idea about Final, but glad to see Mr. Ridiculous Facial Hair outta here.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

holy poo poo did we ever dodge an annoying bullet today

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

His sassy snap at that Daily Double :stare:

I actually rewound it because I couldn't believe it happened.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

His sassy snap at that Daily Double :stare:

I actually rewound it because I couldn't believe it happened.

He did it right at the beginning too, during the intro. Then Alex did it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jeopardy contestants are mongoloids when it comes to sports questions.

http://deadspin.com/jeopardy-hall-of-fame-answer-goes-horribly-wrong-1503501778

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I liked Louis, now we get another plain guy with no personality or distinguishing features for the millionth time.

I'm just sad Alex is gone.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Louis was great and I'm sad he didn't win, he has such character.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Just got my first callback ever, in 10 years of trying out! Huge thanks to GhostStalker for the contestant coordinator's email, I can't imagine that hurt!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Congratulations! Did you get the call to be on the show or to audition? Either way, awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

zakharov posted:

Congratulations! Did you get the call to be on the show or to audition? Either way, awesome!

Audition, which is extraordinarily exciting to me since I've never gotten this far.