Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

God help me, I laughed. Do them allllll...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 2-3, 1927)

Ah, still remember seeing a mobile phone with The Snake game.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You do realize you're going to have to do this from now on, right?

e: What font is this? Asking for a friend.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

This is the first comic I've seen where Sport Man didn't have his crazed madman facial expression at some point. To be fair I usually skip past it completely, and only checked because I noticed it in the edit.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

That's some sound parenting advice that we can all relate to.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Coming soon; more leaked emails between the syndicate and Brooke.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I'm pretty sure nobody on the planet read that block of text.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Black Widow is so bored right now. "It's like nobody in here even wants to look at my can," she thinks.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I thought the foob thing from yesterday was a reference to "print" and "different" rhyming, but I can't think of how that works as a joke either.

F Minus

coronatae posted:

Sadly it's actually St. Camilla's, but to be fair if I'd been a teenager at a Catholic high school I'd come up with a name like that too.

Also for whoever was asking this is the first time the younger nun meets that priest. When I first started reading the strip in this thread the younger nun had quit being a nun to get married to the priest (who obviously also quit), and she was giving birth to their first child in the company of the older nun, who had a weird prolonged hallucination about God and The Owl and the Pussycat. It was stupid and pretentious and told me everything I needed to know about 9CL.

I need to go have a long hard think about who I am as a person for knowing so much about this goddamn strip.
It was me that asked, and thank you. I was somewhat concerned for myself that I remembered as much as I did. There's a weird thing in this thread where I get to know strips I hate as much (if not even more) than strips I like, and then there are strips that grow on me and I now enjoy despite them often being boring and stupid, like Mary Worth and Rex Morgan MD. Speaking of which:

Mary Worth

If there's anything you can expect from a man who moved across the country and into the very same condo complex as you to be with you 8 years after you last saw him, it's that he can be reasonable about going slow in the relationship.

Rex Morgan MD

BINGGG...
BONGGG

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gunther you ungrateful poo poo. Everyone in your life is trying to help you and all you do is complain at them, usually over things that are utterly irrelevant.

I don't know why this of all things is what's finally got me yelling at him like other people here, but jeez. What a petulant little brat. The other characters in this comic (except TJ and his stupid smug face) are too good for him, which is saying something because this is Luann and everyone in it is awful and dumb. Gunther is the worst in a comic that is basically nothing but terrible, stupid people.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Either get someone else in the house to do it (including the women the horror) or lament over the fact that we have lost basic DIY repair skills.

Bleeker

It's modern installation art.

On the Fastrack

Plastic butts and dicks. Gotcha

Safe Havens

Are we sure she isn't making some bad YouTube reality series out of this?

Recess

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 1, 2015

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Consistently bad.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Oh man, if the school bully torches Kelly's car and destroys all of those paintings, it will make everything about this entire stupid storyline worthwhile. Just one time, a Rex Morgan story that ends with the characters losing, that's all I ask.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

:D

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Hahahahah what the gently caress is going on?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Either get someone else in the house to do it (including the women the horror) or lament over the fact that we have lost basic DIY repair skills.
I'd bet Dustin could do it, and Ed would just internally hold it against him like "Why doesn't he just get a JOB as an electrician?"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I envy the dead.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Are we sure she isn't making some bad YouTube reality series out of this?

What the gently caress. Holbrook, you dork. THAT'S NOT WHAT DRONES LOOK LIKE MORON! That's either a 70s console stereo, or a coffee table equipped with a 1987 VHS camcorder. I'm starting to think Boyce might have a slightly better grasp of modern high tech. Jeeze...

:lol: That's a good one. I wish Lise would revert back to those days.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Tobaccrow posted:

I'd bet Dustin could do it, and Ed would just internally hold it against him like "Why doesn't he just get a JOB as an electrician?"

He's such a dick that he probably doesn't consider trade jobs as "real" jobs.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody on the planet read that block of text.

I read enough to see that he thinks a US noir pastiche (with the world's stupidest name) would use "fag smoke".

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Never heard of penuche candy before, but Google tells me it's basically fudge with brown sugar instead of chocolate. I have now learned my thing for the day.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

I read enough to see that he thinks a US noir pastiche (with the world's stupidest name) would use "fag smoke".
Yeah that's ridiculous, they'd use "fag smoke cigarette coffin nail stogie tobacco product".

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

Never heard of penuche candy before, but Google tells me it's basically fudge with brown sugar instead of chocolate. I have now learned my thing for the day.

That doesn't sound half bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Apparently literally my whole life I have been eating fudge lies in the form of penuche.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

TIIIIIIIIIIN ROOOF! RUSTED!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Comic Strip Megathread XV: FIFTY RED HOT SMACKERS

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:lol: That's a good one. I wish Lise would revert back to those days.

If anyone has the surprise bedroom clown strip, please post.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Well at least someone in Jungle Patrol isn't completely useless and figured it out weeks after they should have.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

Fifty Shades of Purple

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Evil Mastermind posted:

What font is this? Asking for a friend.
It's called Humor Sans, and it's based on xkcd. You can get it here along with a few other comic fonts. I can't remember where I originally found it. The others in that zip file were all posted in this thread (or a previous version of it).

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Please tell me this storyline concludes with this baby-creature being clapped in a jar of ether and then pinned through the thorax to a large, labelled board.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Maybe they're realizing they were boned by the Unknown Commander.

And I am waiting for a future plot point where Walker realizes he has a bastard or two thanks to his time John X-ing around.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

He was literally just a robot, right?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Say Nothing posted:

If anyone has the surprise bedroom clown strip, please post.

I started looking, but they made do this work thing that I'm apparently being paid for, so I'll recheck later. I've been saving them since December, 2013. I did stumble across these from then, where Nemi seems to have picked up "Pink eye"... crappy quality is Metro's fault, not mine

:v:

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

:v:

Kliban didn't update

9 Chickweed Lane 5/1/2004

Ok, this is the introduction of two characters Brooke uses down the road. I remember these two. they get married, and he eventually knocks up the nun, I think.

Zits

Well, he's right. I can't argue with that.

Kevin & Kell

Nemi

That speech bubble form is brilliant. I can totally hear the aggravation at the end. :v:

E: And I just realized that she's hammering a wood screw.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 1, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

• Locked thread