Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

It's like that Chevy Pickup/Grand Am hybrid, but without all of the bondo.

It's brotruck season already, nothing like hydro dipped wheels to get it up to $60k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Maybe I'm old/blind/stupid, but what motorsport would that pickup be useful for?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

IPCRESS posted:

Maybe I'm old/blind/stupid, but what motorsport would that pickup be useful for?

Mall Crawl

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

IPCRESS posted:

Picking up trashy women.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
The repo man olympics.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress that shithole dealership btw, I wanted to test drive a 335i there, called ahead told them i'd be there in 90 minutes.

showed up and they couldnt find the keys, but couldn't bother to tell me that before i drove 50 miles each way.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

all of the midas' of tucson (all)
compensation: as little as possible!

The owner of this company is a total douche bag and is riding on his fathers merits, he hasn't earned anything on his own. If you are are fresh out of prison, a con artist, a borderline drug addict or a full on drug addict or someone that is lucky to have a job because you suck and don't know anything about anything this is your place! do you like to work for free? want to work for a company that doesn't care about anything but the owners money numbers? even if they are fake, much like the government? come on in! they want extremely shady, low self esteem people willing to gently caress over anyone they can and not feel any remorse about what they do to make money. ALL OF THESE FRANCHISE BUSINESSES WILL BE OUT WORK BY THE END OF THE YEAR, DON'T GO TO THEM, GO TO LOCAL HONEST MECHANICS.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

My sister bought a bro truck from them. She lives in Enumclaw so...

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
There's a reason it's called the Tri-Shitties...

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5004880112.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Solar Coaster posted:

There's a reason it's called the Tri-Shitties...

?

enumclaw is not part of the tri-cities. it's where mr hands became what he was.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Jesus himself could return to Earth in Enumclaw tomorrow but for me it will forever the land of death by horse dong

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

?

enumclaw is not part of the tri-cities. it's where mr hands became what he was.

"Enumclaw" is a weird loving name, had to look up the origin:

The name Enumclaw is derived from a Salish Native American term that translates as "place of evil spirits".

:ms:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Seems expensive for a RWD to me.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Gorson posted:

The name Enumclaw is derived from a Salish Native American term that translates as "place of evil spirits".

Proud graduate of the Enumclaw "Evil Spirits" High School here. Majored in working at McDonalds.

~Edit~ No horse dong though. That was after my time. Oh wait, it was probably happening during my time. Crap

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Gorson posted:

And thats not even the weirdest place name in this state. It is always easy to tell who is not from Washington when they try to pronounce the city names. Puyallup is one of the best, closely followed by Sequim.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Can someone teach me about pickups? I really want one

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5003408026.html

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Negromancer posted:

And thats not even the weirdest place name in this state. It is always easy to tell who is not from Washington when they try to pronounce the city names. Puyallup is one of the best, closely followed by Sequim.

I've never heard the correct pronunciations, here is how they sound in my head:

Enumclaw: ee numb claw
Puyallup: say "pull y'all up" real fast
Sequim: Seh keem, or maybe Seh qweem

A MIRACLE posted:

On the surface that seems like a pretty good deal. It needs a bench seat, I believe those seats are out of a mid 90's Taurus or Sable. Everything "classic", even the worst cars from the 60's and 70's, are horribly overpriced right now. Nostalgia can be a cruel mistress. I fully expect Ford Tempos and Pontiac Grand Am's to sell for $40k once my generation gets to their 70's.

Gorson fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 2, 2015

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I just wish they sold the modern Ranchero here like they do in Australia

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I just want a Canyonero.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gorson posted:

Puyallup: say "pull y'all up" real fast

Pyoo-allup, sounds like "gallop".

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

A MIRACLE posted:

I would buy this over that comanche and I own three and two halves comanches.

The MJ is priced pretty high for a RWD, but it has an AX15 and you could convert it to 4wd in a weekend with 4 to 500 bucks in JY XJ parts and a custom driveshaft if you really wanted to. Swap front axle, driveshaft, tranny, tcase, tcase shifter, add custom rear driveshaft (AKA have the RWD one cut down and rebalanced) and you are done.

E: if you wanted to save money and have some more time you could buy just the rear output shaft and back housing off any dakota or xj/mj/zj ax15 plus maybe an xj/mj ax15 to trans bushing adapter bracket (dunno if 2wd ones like that one come with it already) and convert your 2wd one to 4wd rather than swapping the whole transmission.

Still, that ranchero is way cooler.

kastein fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 2, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4984236456.html

I'm not sure this cage would roll very well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

It's SO italian
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5005964587.html

quote:

Up for sale is my baby, Alfa Romeo 164S. I have nearly complete service records for it. I'm including a white 91 base model 164 that I bought for parts.

http://www.digest.net/alfa/FAQ/164/pb91/pb91.htm This page will explain in detail the features of the 164

164 S, Red (body repainted about 4 years ago, trim painted last year)
3.0 V6, 5 speed. -Clutch has ~20k miles on it, new timing belt and accessory belts. This car has the beautiful Speedline Magnesium rims, including one in the trunk, 4 have fresh all seasons from last summer, was not driven in the winter time! keyless entry/power locks and alarm system (sounds very italian), Power slide/tilt sunroof, fog lights, rear wing, side skirts, low front and rear lips (all factory), all leather interior, power adjustable and heated Recaro front seats (driver's seat is rough), rear seats are also leather and heated.
Has taken me to >140mph in a hurry, and slowed to 65 quickly as well. This car also features the Bosch electronically adjustable shocks. they can switch from comfort/automatic to stiff/sporty. these occasionally will not switch and default to sport mode(*1). I generally drive it that way anyway. nearly complete service records.
Needs a few cosmetic and interior things looked at, speedometer doesn't always work properly(*2). Automatic climate control is installed, but needs a new motor to control the temp mix(*3). right now it's operated manually with a push/pull switch. AC compressor is new, but needs a few more components and a charge before it works again(*4). Has cruise control, but doesn't always work. I'm told that it's connected to the speedometer problem. Power steering doesn't work, hasn't worked since I've owned the car. Don't know exactly what the problem is, the belt is off the pump and I've never pursued the matter cause it never bothered me to drive a 2600lb car without power steering. P/O speculated leaky rack, but the car steers just fine, no play in the wheel, no shimmy on the highway. the white car has all fully functioning power steering stuff.
Other than that and a few squeaks and rattles here and there, the car is a scream, 0-100 in oh poo poo, crowd pleaser, comfortable and luxurious. It definitely feels like a 90's Italian sports car, it loves to be driven WOT. I've taken great care of it, have done many repairs/rebuilds/diagnostics. compression is solid across all cylinders, Injectors were rebuilt by Marren last year, lots of other little things.

164 Base, White (original paint, but often stored and the paint is beautiful) also 3.0 V6, 5 speed manual.
The clutch on this one has about 300 miles on it, along with a new timing belt etc. this car has steelies with no caps. This car also has fog lights and some ground styling, but no wing installed, and no sunroof. ****The seats are cloth, power adjustable, and in excellent shape (not heated), the interior of this car is nigh immaculate.******* Automatic climate control, WORKS in this car, as do all the electronics, including the speedo/cruise control, etc. this car is less squeaky than the S, but the shifter bushings are pretty loose for my taste. this results in a "floppy" shifter. the trans doesn't grind and it shifts perfectly, but it's the most noticeable driving difference between the two cars. The white car, I recommend, is just for parts. it CAN be made into a driving vehicle with some welding and patience. I can put parts back on the white car to the point that it will run and drive (as it did before disassembly) that's really as far as I'm willing to go as far as "repairs" for the white car. the Red car, I'm willing to do whatever you might want done for the right sale price.

The S has some negligible surface rust that should be treated. Its body and frame are really clean and straight. This car is old, and Italian, some things don't work. this might be the best example of this car you can find these days - definitely the best shape you can get for this price. I'm not going to pretend that this car is immaculate or that it's only got a couple little problems (though I've had a blast driving it with minimal relative aggravation), it needs some attention, but I will say that it's one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. I'm looking to unload this car asap, if not the red one, I'll take almost any offer for the white car if you come to take it saturday 5/2/15. that being said, I will be available to show it today, saturday 5/2/15, if the sun is up, I'm around to show it, so give me a call and let's make a deal!
I also have "parts in the trunk," an extra steelie, an extra wing for the rear, extra glove box, and a few more little things. $2000 for the pair, I'm open to offers. I have many resources for parts/service in the area, as well as several years experience as a technician if you have any more technical questions about the car now or down the road. call or text show contact info if no answer, please leave a message with your number and name and I'll get back to you straight away.

*1: through my diagnosis I've narrowed this issue down to a bad temp sensor (can explain in further detail as I know that doesn't make sense ;))
*2: I have determined that the problem is the sending unit and I have one from the parts car ready to install.
*3: these parts are functioning properly in the parts car, but I have not removed them yet.
*4: these parts are also in the parts car but have no yet been removed.

***If you wish, for the right price, I can make whatever repairs/replacements/swaps from the parts car that you'd like, after the sale has been finalized.

willing to -consider- trades and +/-$ for something with one of the following exemplary attributes:
plush/luxury (i.e. older cadillac, mercury)
agility (i.e miata or mr2)
classy distinction (i.e. older german exec sedan/coupe)
noteworthy power (>200hp)
interesting (classic/antique, rare, icon, italian, silly, etc etc.)

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Any car that comes with another parts car is at least a little italian at heart.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A MIRACLE posted:

I own the same year Australian Falcon ute, and it's interesting that the Ranchero runs the coupe doors whereas the Falcon uses the shorter sedan doors

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Pham Nuwen posted:

Pyoo-allup, sounds like "gallop".

Did you happen to found a galaxy-spanning trade culture, then later lead a rebellion against against an expeditionary force from a society whose power lay in the enslavement of human minds?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:staredog:

It's even parked next to a Subaru 360.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5009450844.html

Somehow, I don't think that extra 0 on the price was a mistake.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/5011017776.html

That's certainly...something :stare:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

Did you happen to found a galaxy-spanning trade culture, then later lead a rebellion against against an expeditionary force from a society whose power lay in the enslavement of human minds?

Well, I've definitely worked with enough ancient OS code to consider myself a programmer archaeologist.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5009450844.html

Somehow, I don't think that extra 0 on the price was a mistake.

Is that sound dampening material on a car with no top? :raise:

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
Speaking of Gremlins:

http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/5011728573.html

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

You Am I posted:

I own the same year Australian Falcon ute, and it's interesting that the Ranchero runs the coupe doors whereas the Falcon uses the shorter sedan doors

XM or XP?
Was it made here or CKD from Canada? (Probably a dumb question but I'm forgetting poo poo in my old age and almost impossible to google stuff like that these days.) Only remembered there was a ford and holden assembly plants in Perth, WA a long long time ago.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 6, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

A MIRACLE posted:

I just wish they sold the modern Ranchero here like they do in Australia

I wish they sold the old ones as cheap as they do in the US, that would sell higher than a new one here!

Negromancer posted:

Puyallup always does my head in. Such an Australian sounding place name, extra points it's in Washington, (ie WA, like Western Australia). Often catches me out on my drives from the karrinyup/gwelup area, to boyup and yallingup

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 6, 2015

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

voting "rat rod" for worst phrase of 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Pham Nuwen posted:

voting "rat rod" for worst phrase of 2015

I was gonna say more like a few years ago, but google trends disagrees:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22rat%20rod%22

Regardless, there's zero rat in that rod.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fo3 posted:

XM or XP?
Was it made here or CKD from Canada? (Probably a dumb question but I'm forgetting poo poo in my old age and almost impossible to google stuff like that these days.) Only remembered there was a ford and holden assembly plants in Perth, WA a long long time ago.
XP. And most definitely built in Australia. All Falcons are. Even the Ford badge on the tailgate has a little map of Australia on it :)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VideoTapir posted:

I was gonna say more like a few years ago, but google trends disagrees:
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22rat%20rod%22

Regardless, there's zero rat in that rod.

There's quite a bit of awesome, though. I'd drive the gently caress out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fo3 posted:

I wish they sold the old ones as cheap as they do in the US, that would sell higher than a new one here!

Puyallup always does my head in. Such an Australian sounding place name, extra points it's in Washington, (ie WA, like Western Australia). Often catches me out on my drives from the karrinyup/gwelup area, to boyup and yallingup

I'm pretty sure George Lucas named half of your country.

Which one(s) aren't Australian town names:
Bolwarra
Narrandera
Yass
Ulladulla
Tumbarumba
Gerringong
Collarenebri
Cootamundra
Jarjar Binks
Boggabilla
Ponda Baba
Bullaburra
Dorrigo
Deniliquin
Chewbacca
Narooma

Here's a Comanche, 4.0, external slave AX15 already swapped in, NP231, no rust from Virginia, comes with a functioning plow installed. Friend of a friend is looking to sell it.
http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4993998559.html