Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Khazar-khum posted:

quote:

Genetically Modified Turkey
DELI | MI, USA | FOOD & DRINK, FUNNY NAMES, GEEKS RULE
Customer: “Hi, yes, could I please have a pound of mystique turkey please?”

Me: *not quite catching what they said* “I’m sorry, did you say mesquite turkey?”

Customer: “Yes, mystique turkey!”

Me: “Actually, it’s mesquite smoked turkey, Mystique is a character in X-Men.”

Customer: “Yeah, yeah, just get me some mystique turkey, please.”

Me: “Mystique turkey coming right up! And I’ll change it blue for you, too!”

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

poo poo That Did Happen posted:

Genetically Modified Turkey
DELI | MI, USA | FOOD & DRINK, FUNNY NAMES, GEEKS RULE
Customer: “Hi, yes, could I please have a pound of mystique turkey please?”

Me: *not quite catching what they said* “I’m sorry, did you say mesquite turkey?”

Customer: “Yes, mystique turkey!”

Me: “Actually, it’s mesquite smoked turkey, Mystique is a character in X-Men.”

Customer: “Yeah, yeah, just get me some mystique turkey, please.”

Me: “Mystique turkey coming right up! And I’ll change it blue for you, too!”

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

:ssh: It's an edit!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Not in the quote of you, weirdly, unless I'm missing a joke here

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

sweeperbravo posted:

Yeah Idgi

Also :lol: at that nerd thinking that mystique can only refer to an xmen character.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

sweeperbravo posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure how that happened as I didn't even preview the post before posting it, much less posted the original then edited it. :confused:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fathis Munk posted:

My customer made an honest mistake mispronouncing a word. Time to belittle him.

Yeah I was gonna say, I totally believe this one. Some customer either had a brain fart or it was just an old lady or something who didn't know any better. Then the guy working the shop is some meganerd who has to make sure to :eng101: explain who the important character of Mystique is, because the person's life could be in danger if they mix up mesquite and mystique in the future.

I know I've had a brain fart at Subway before, I meant to order the Meatball Marinara and instead I said "Meatball Marina". The lady just stared at me until I corrected myself. I think I tried to order a "Meatball Marijuana" once on accident too. That woulda been a whole other sandwich :cheeky:

Words are hard. :smith:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

I'm confused. Baby monitors aren't two-way, so what, were they banging right near the baby? I don't even have a kid and I could make up better baby STDH.

booshi has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Apr 30, 2015

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

booshi posted:

I'm confused. Baby monitors aren't two-way, so what, were they banging right near the baby? I don't even have a kid and I could make up better baby STDH.

Lots of baby monitors are two-way, so you can comfort your baby remotely haunt your baby's room at night-time.

It's still awful STDH though :)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The "psychopath" posted on imgur again today that he got fired from his job for the previous post. I'm phone posting or I'd link it. Of course it's on the front page.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MindlessHavok posted:

The "psychopath" posted on imgur again today that he got fired from his job for the previous post. I'm phone posting or I'd link it. Of course it's on the front page.

:laugh:

quote:

I'm not sure how they found out it was me, but my boss fired me because they "can't have crazy people working here".

I'm looking in to if this is legal. Until then, I'm looking for a new job in marketing.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, I totally believe this one. Some customer either had a brain fart or it was just an old lady or something who didn't know any better. Then the guy working the shop is some meganerd who has to make sure to :eng101: explain who the important character of Mystique is, because the person's life could be in danger if they mix up mesquite and mystique in the future.

There's like two main types of stories posted in here. Pure poo poo that didn't happen, where someone is clearly bragging and straight up making poo poo up, and then stuff that's actually believable but the author has no idea it actually paints them as a huge loser and/or it is something so stupidly mundane and uninteresting you wonder why anyone would think to share it, let alone brag about it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I like how he mentions he's looking for a job in marketing. He could be doing this to put on his resume - "look how many idiots it got to pay attention to me!"

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

some red pill reddit user posted:

My Single Favorite Nightclub Story: Fiancee and the Rich Arab.

As I've discussed before, I do a variety of...things for a couple high end night clubs. As such, I see poo poo that would make the average man, even the ones here, skin crawl. The things women are willing to do, the desperation, it's absolutely disturbing.

This is one of those stories.

So a couple months ago our Staff had Been informed that we would be hosting an Arabian prince and his traveling party---these guys have a group of like 15 People who exist to travel with them and keep their loving mouths shut.

So we spend the entire night on top of our game looking for things that could ruin this whale's good time. These guys spend lavishly but are notoriously fickle about their environment. Throughout the night I notice this very cute blonde dancing with her obvious military boyfriend. His posture, stance, and general demeanor gave him away. They're smiling, laughing, dancing, and generally being the center of attention with how happy they are. Also, her sister looked jealous as poo poo so that was funny.

Then outta loving nowhere, he proposes to her. In the middle of the club. She is now the center of attention. People cheering her on. People buying them drinks. Women notice this handsome soldier and scoot near him when his now fiancee isn't looking. All around funny scene.

Call on the radio. Prince is here. Party of 10 guys. No girls. This means they're going to want girls. Activate protocol: Call the bIG guns. See, high end night clubs have a guy in staff. He's a specific guy whose name nobody knows but whose face is very familiar. He magically shows up with 5 of the hottest women in Earth right around the time rich clients show up. He's running late. We have to stall.

So this prince sits down and before I can start playing the game, he looks at me, hands me cash and points at blonde fiancée. One of my jobs is to never say no to people like this so I of course go ask.

I assume this girl is going to tell me gently caress off and this prince is going to stop giving me cash. I'm pissed. I mean I've seen women do filthy poo poo but this girl had just been proposed to and the guy is here. No way she goes with me...right?

Wrong. She sees where I'm coming from and the second I come up to her she says in a gleeful tone "They chose me didn't they!". I informed her about the rules, that she could have whatever she wanted but she'd have to work for it. I was very blunt. I was trying to scare her away.

She couldn't have been more enthused and for good reason, within seconds these guys had been delivered hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of booze and party favors. It was some Caligula poo poo and she was at the epicenter. Anything she ordered they paid for. She danced and took off clothes and rubbed cocks, the kind of girl guys like me make alot of money from.

Only I couldn't enjoy it because her fiancee is standing there screaming for her to come back. He's going from pissed to devastated to crushed. Even worse the prince demands me to remove him or his staff will. So I have to loving toss this god drat hero out of the area. I got the bartender to cover his tab but it still felt awful. Her sister is yelling, screaming things to the military guy like "I told you she's always been like this, you're too good for her. Let's just leave her."

Just then...The Man shows up with I poo poo you not, 10 of the most retardedly attractive women I've ever seen. Nothing below 9. In a club full of babes these women made the rest invisible.

Want to know what the prince told me right in front of old blonde fiancee: Get this trash outta here.

The look on her face when she realized she'd been used, that she was simply entertainment until the real girls arrived, that she was the equivalent to a zoo animal rich men tossing money to see what she would do for it, that she had left the only man in the club who actually gave a gently caress about her for ten minutes of hypergamy, it was absolutely hilarious if I didn't feel so bad for military guy.

I knew what would happen. I knew she would go running back to him and kiss the ring and play the sympathy card. I couldn't let it happen. So I had security kick her out. They didn't even ask me why. They saw her. They knew what I was doing.

I go find military guy, inform him and sister girl that all their drinks are paid for and they can have any open table. I introduce him to every club skank I have on staff, but it's clear him and sister girl are perfectly happy with each other. They're ignoring his fiancees calls and grinding on each other like nothing had ever happened.

I don't know what became of them but I hope he took the ring bsck thst night.

As always, female hypergamy knows no bounds. It is a biological imperative. This is a brave new world we live in, hypergamy unleashed.

The more ya know.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I had to google hypergamy. That's not just STDH, that's STDH with a very obvious and clear agenda.

Good god. :rolleyes:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That's a good one. Reminds me of that guy - was it a goon? - who posted looking for advice on how to build an underwater libertarian paradise because he had a rich Arab investor all buttered up to pay for it. Along the way, as I recall, he demonstrated a baffling misunderstanding of how corporate sales, credit cards, prostitutes, steak houses, and life in general work.

edit: Googling "bioshock arab prince hooker corporate credit card" hasn't gotten me anywhere.

vv I think we're thinking of the same story. It's a goddamn classic. vv

walrusman has a new favorite as of 03:29 on May 1, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

It reminds me of a STDH where a guy has to take some foreign businessmen out and show him a time on the town, and they end up like doing blow off hookers and playing playstation or some poo poo like that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

walrusman posted:

That's a good one. Reminds me of that guy - was it a goon? - who posted looking for advice on how to build an underwater libertarian paradise because he had a rich Arab investor all buttered up to pay for it. Along the way, as I recall, he demonstrated a baffling misunderstanding of how corporate sales, credit cards, prostitutes, steak houses, and life in general work.

edit: Googling "bioshock arab prince hooker corporate credit card" hasn't gotten me anywhere.

vv I think we're thinking of the same story. It's a goddamn classic. vv

Page 3 of this very thread, friend.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631118&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post429488334

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

I asked where he wanted to eat, and to my shock, he responded with, “Take me to the best steak house here in the city of Houston.” Now, I’m no cultural expert by any means, but even I knew this was outlandish. I waited for the punch line of the joke, but he was 100% serious. Apparently he loves his steak, and can only eat it when he is here by himself in the states for obvious reasons.

I love this bit. IIRC, when people called him out on it, he made up some stuff about how he really meant pork, not beef, and maybe the guy was Hindu and SHUT UP IT HAPPENED.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

I had to google hypergamy. That's not just STDH, that's STDH with a very obvious and clear agenda.

Good god. :rolleyes:

I learned from this very thread not to ever bother inquiring about Red Pill jargon again. It's always dumber and meaner than I expected.

hyperhazard posted:

I love this bit. IIRC, when people called him out on it, he made up some stuff about how he really meant pork, not beef, and maybe the guy was Hindu and SHUT UP IT HAPPENED.

When I read that story the first time, I just knew that people were going to tear that story apart on that idiotic mistake alone. Sadly, I never got to see that post out in the wild, dumbass OP frantically trying to plug the enormous plot holes in his tale. "I totally meant pork, because um, Ruth Chris is ALSO famous for its baby back ribs!"

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

quote:

(yes folks, I’m a libertarian)

I couldn't make it more than a few paragraphs in. Why did someone take the time to make this up?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

MonoAus posted:

I couldn't make it more than a few paragraphs in. Why did someone take the time to make this up?

Thats the guy who thinks fancy clothes for clubbing = tuxedo. I love it

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Also

"Take me to your best steakhouse!"
*books a table at Ruth's Chris (a chain steakhouse)*

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

stuxracer posted:

Also

"Take me to your best steakhouse!"
*books a table at Ruth's Chris (a chain steakhouse)*

The worst part is that he asked for the best steakhouse.. in Houston. Houston has a ton of incredible, incredibly expensive steakhouses, and Ruth's Chris is basically a step or so above Outback on the restaurant hierarchy. All he had to do was google 'steakhouses in Houston' and pick the one with the most dollar signs, but he couldn't even be bothered to do that. Like, if he was in BFE, or a city that wasn't in Texas, I'd almost forgive him, but c'mon man.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
I love these bizarre Arab prince fantasies. They're like the bitter manchild alternate universe versions of those 1950s Harlequin novels about being ravished by Sheikhs.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Thinky Whale posted:

I love these bizarre Arab prince fantasies. They're like the bitter manchild alternate universe versions of those 1950s Harlequin novels about being ravished by Sheikhs.

It's because they're filling the role of a boogeyman, here to take the white mans women from him, just like the blacks.

That story is a red pill double whammy of women being whores but wait look at this brown man taking the women from 'are troops'!

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015
I like how the woman in the story is all crestfallen when she finds out that she was just entertainment. As a woman, I automatically assume that anyone offering me money for sex acts in a club is definitely in it for the long haul. Because I'm dumb. And also a conniving greedy whore.

On the retarded Bioshock underwater libertarian dream steak fantasy, it's pretty easy for steak to not be halal. Just has to be on the rare side--consuming blood is forbidden. But that's so obviously not what the OP meant.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

CrotchDropJeans posted:

On the retarded Bioshock underwater libertarian dream steak fantasy, it's pretty easy for steak to not be halal. Just has to be on the rare side--consuming blood is forbidden. But that's so obviously not what the OP meant.

That red juice on a rare steak isn't blood.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

CrotchDropJeans posted:

Blood *is* forbidden, but pretty much all of the blood gets removed when cattle is slaughtered and processed (regardless of it being slaughtered according to Islamic law or not). That red juice is just myoglobin being leeched out by the water left in the meat. Muslims can enjoy a rare steak as much as anyone else (I prefer it medium rare, though).

But yeah, the OP there was just completely clueless all around.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Zaphod42 posted:

I know I've had a brain fart at Subway before, I meant to order the Meatball Marinara and instead I said "Meatball Marina". The lady just stared at me until I corrected myself. I think I tried to order a "Meatball Marijuana" once on accident too. That woulda been a whole other sandwich :cheeky:

Words are hard. :smith:

Got Long John Silvers when hungover, asked for Malt Liquor.

*sigh*

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

CrotchDropJeans posted:

I like how the woman in the story is all crestfallen when she finds out that she was just entertainment. As a woman, I automatically assume that anyone offering me money for sex acts in a club is definitely in it for the long haul. Because I'm dumb. And also a conniving greedy whore.

I like how hypergamy is hard-coded into Women These Days, yet the good sister is loyal to the fiancé and isn't even tempted to try and seduce the prince. It's "all (Western) women are hedonistic gold diggers, except when they're not."

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 19:15 on May 1, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The writer chastises the woman for doing everything the prince wants for money while simultaneously also doing everything the prince wants for money.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Max posted:

The writer chastises the woman for doing everything the prince wants for money while simultaneously also doing everything the prince wants for money.

Welcome to the Double Standards Show, running nonstop for over a thousand years!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Where the rules are made up and the sex doesn't matter!

Except it totally does why won't these petty skanks gently caress me the way I deserve abloobloo :qq:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That means Uncle Dave was wrong when he said I'd get in trouble if i told anyone!

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015
I'm simultaneously pleased and disappointed that the red juice in a rare steak isn't blood. And now I suspect that my father just likes lovely well-done steak.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

CrotchDropJeans posted:

I'm simultaneously pleased and disappointed that the red juice in a rare steak isn't blood. And now I suspect that my father just likes lovely well-done steak.

My wife's the same way. Even filet mignon has to be well-done.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ibntumart posted:

Even filet mignon has to be well-done.

Pretend this says ibntumart

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Sentient Data posted:

That means Uncle Dave was wrong when he said I'd get in trouble if i told anyone!

You didn't have him get you an ice cream too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does anybody still have the story that goes with the thread title? Something about some dude trying to outperform another dude in a gym i think?

• Locked thread