Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Phanatic posted:

No kidding. I really hope whoever screwed up gets canned over this.

I'm an idiot for not noticing this joke. The forums has totally broken my ability to recognize jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Ursine Asylum posted:

I'm not familiar with mass tuna cooking techniques, but I have to assume that the method of loading six tons of tuna into an oven without realizing someone was in it already may involve the words "crushed to death" at some point in the report.

As a food scientist this strikes me as inefficient at best.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Phanatic posted:

No kidding. I really hope whoever screwed up gets canned over this.

That's a really shellfish thing to say.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

This happened today pretty close to where I live. It isn't exactly OSHA, but for kids 6-18, school is basically an occupation. :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPb8kpYt6A

King of Assholes decides he doesn't want to wait behind a school bus picking up kids. So he gets on the shoulder and guns it, missing murdering three elementary kids by inches. They haven't found him yet. The kids weren't hurt, but one girl thinks the SUV touched her and just caught her shoe.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owW-j1BIUxA

:stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
lovely thing about that tuna thing is it's ridiculously hard to prove willful violation.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

SopWATh posted:

OSHA requires firewall fill percentages less than 75%, the remaining space is to be filled with fire caulk. If the hole is over-filled, the fire caulk can't expand sufficiently to stop a fire.

In practice, there's probably another sprinkler line or a high voltage conduit or a door control box so drilling a second hole above the doorway is next to impossible.

At work I see all of these sealed off with a dark red paste on both sides, is that fire caulk? I just assumed it was some kind of fire retardant that would out and out stop a fire without considering how fast the rubber jacketing would burn

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I was stunned that the first guy got up without any missing legs, let alone standing up and running away.

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
He didn't. If you look closely, you'll see that he gets crushed, and another guy lands directly on top of him and hobbles away. 2nd guy lands on almost the exact same spot so it's difficult to see at first

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Pyroclastic posted:

This happened today pretty close to where I live. It isn't exactly OSHA, but for kids 6-18, school is basically an occupation. :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPb8kpYt6A

King of Assholes decides he doesn't want to wait behind a school bus picking up kids. So he gets on the shoulder and guns it, missing murdering three elementary kids by inches. They haven't found him yet. The kids weren't hurt, but one girl thinks the SUV touched her and just caught her shoe.

Is there a reason the bus didn't stop next to the curb? Because that seems loving duuuuuuuumb to even leave that space where someone can pass.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

bullet3 posted:

He didn't. If you look closely, you'll see that he gets crushed, and another guy lands directly on top of him and hobbles away. 2nd guy lands on almost the exact same spot so it's difficult to see at first

:stare:

Pingiivi posted:

Is there a reason the bus didn't stop next to the curb? Because that seems loving duuuuuuuumb to even leave that space where someone can pass.

It looked like it was one of those country roads that doesn't have a curb or a sidewalk to me, looking at that hill on the side in the rear-facing shots.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bullet3 posted:

Holy gently caress

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wow, that guy got super lucky--

bullet3 posted:

:stare:

entitled duck
Jul 19, 2008

oh hello

Industrial lathe from China with some helpful advice.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pingiivi posted:

Probably a parking area or something. Regardless you're supposed to stop for school buses.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

There he is ... look at him. Goddamn that son-of-a-bitch is coming!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bullet3 posted:

Liveleak says the only death was the guy driving the excavator.

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Aleph Null posted:

Liveleak says the only death was the guy driving the excavator.

tampons

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Ursine Asylum posted:

It looked like it was one of those country roads that doesn't have a curb or a sidewalk to me, looking at that hill on the side in the rear-facing shots.

In the backwoodsy more-than-rural-but-less-than-suburban parts of Washington, the sides of roads are shallow drainage ditches. Kids waiting for the bus will wait on the safe side then step over the ditch to get onto the bus (or just go down the driveway like they're supposed to). This guy decided to drive straight through the ditch.

I can't post the image while at work but the intersection is 12481 224 St. E. in Graham if you want to look at it in Google Street View.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 29, 2015

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

bullet3 posted:

gently caress it's like the most gruesome sleight-of-hand trick ever.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

gently caress it's like the most gruesome sleight-of-hand trick ever.

It's the same guy, the camera simply moved to the left.
There is no other concrete slab falling, as proven in the second camera view.

-e-
It's not even concrete, but a steel plate.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Could also be plywood depending on the traffic there. I know water main bursts can be violent, but I thought it was a more washing absolutely everything nearby away, not exploding like it was full of steam type of thing.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Could also be plywood depending on the traffic there. I know water main bursts can be violent, but I thought it was a more washing absolutely everything nearby away, not exploding like it was full of steam type of thing.

The plate didn't budge an inch when the worker stood on the edge when GTFOing. The same plate also lifted the excavator that landed a meter away.

-e-
VVV
0:46 isn't the angle people see a man getting crushed in. What you see is the second worker waiting for the first one.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 29, 2015

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
At like 46 seconds it looks like you can see the initial guy finally crawling his way out of the rubble and taking off.

E: or maybe not. I'm not exactly sure what that is moving on the far right of the screen.

Two Free Toppings fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 29, 2015

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Live breaking OSHA: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Truck-carrying-large-load-gets-jammed-underneath-Alaskan-Way-Viaduct-301725361.html

Here's a live feed: http://www.king5.com/videos/news/local/2015/02/11/70134614/

Looking forward to traffic being complete hosed for this evening's commute.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Yeah no is the same guy. there is no 2nd slab that falls just a big camera shake. note the handrail (or whatever that is) in the lower left of the screen in relation to the corner of the slab

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Hahaha, gently caress the viaduct and gently caress I-5.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

D1Sergo posted:

Hahaha, gently caress the viaduct and gently caress I-5.

Yeeeep.

Glad I only have to be on the 5 between the 405 split and Everett, and even then I just take alternate ways anymore because those two freeways are always god awful even that far north.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Last guy that was tied off is in the lower right corner.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Here we go thread, I've got something special for you today:

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Oh cool what part of China do you live in

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm starting to think these are death traps on purpose.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If you're in Japan, you should never relax around lifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItOblzZu2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCT-9XJj7J0

Also, I posted this in the dead OH&S thread, but it didn't deserve that terrible fate:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also, I posted this in the dead OH&S thread, but it didn't deserve that terrible fate:

I think that might be the wrong image.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Someone threw a metal garbage can next to an electrified subway rail? I'll just poke it with this 2x4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwKFEcW_xk4

(he lived)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Magicians should be careful while working their magic on TV.

http://youtu.be/dSuNuEUPB1s

• Locked thread