Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Holyshoot posted:

The voices telling you when buffs are up or about to expire and boss abilities going off.

I figured it was going to be a setup where the guy said the names of moves to trigger them. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone know the answer to my question posted earlier?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

What's that site that gave you the times for unspoiled nodes? My Miner isn't exactly decked to the nines but I know there's one or two I can do for easy money that I haven't been doing.

(edit) Or was it an app, I frankly don't remember

ffxivclock.com

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I figured it was going to be a setup where the guy said the names of moves to trigger them. :(

That's what it is though? From the description "Played around with Windows Speech Recognition and made a few commands to fully automate all my mudras via voice commands."
It's pretty cool tbh, no idea how actually useful though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

The voices telling you when buffs are up or about to expire and boss abilities going off.

lmao if you don't already have voices telling you to do things

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Stormgale posted:

it also means you have less chance for human error when casting

If you ever have a lag spike with poo poo like this your entire rotation is going to be in the shitter.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

no

his ninjitsus are voice activated, he says what he wants and it activates the mudras in order and then executes it, click the video and read the description

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Voice chat is for losers. All thirteen turns without it. We just needed echo

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

no

his ninjitsus are voice activated, he says what he wants and it activates the mudras in order and then executes it, click the video and read the description

Ahh wow that's awesome.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Doublestep posted:

If you ever have a lag spike with poo poo like this your entire rotation is going to be in the shitter.

If you ever have a lag spike when trying to enter manually you are just as likely to gently caress up? heck me trying to course correct for spikes fucks up more than if I just kept going as normal.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Stormgale posted:

If you ever have a lag spike when trying to enter manually you are just as likely to gently caress up? heck me trying to course correct for spikes fucks up more than if I just kept going as normal.

I don't know if I have a lag spike I can kind of tell it from how the first mudra feels and can readjust, a lagspike on automated mudras/macros just straight up will bunny or make you do the wrong thing.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Apparently I did the mechanics well and even did offtank things :effort:

I have been in turn 9 exactly one attempt now.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

RuanGacho posted:

Apparently I did the mechanics well and even did offtank things :effort:

I have been in turn 9 exactly one attempt now.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

We were trying to get you killed the whole time. You avoided every heavensfall and accidentally placed divebombs correctly.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Agraya posted:

We were trying to get you killed the whole time. You avoided every heavensfall and accidentally placed divebombs correctly.

Nailed it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
nael'd it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Onward to T13 :toot:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Happy Birfday to Yoshi-P, you magnificent bastard.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Are the music tracks from the benchmark available to listen anywhere? I love them and want to hear them without the sfx on top.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Are the music tracks from the benchmark available to listen anywhere? I love them and want to hear them without the sfx on top.

Speaking of music, when are they releasing post 2.0 music? Come on Yoshi-P, give the people what they want (unless they already have...).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Are the music tracks from the benchmark available to listen anywhere?

A guy has managed to extract them from the data archives, but they're in a new format that he's trying to get his head around.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

Adlo will only overwrite the shield if it would put up a more powerful shield in its place. Otherwise you get a generic "Galvanise has no effect!" message.

Yes but the idea is you waste a large chunk of the adlo heal making it even more inefficient. Unless you're pre-empting a big attack make sure you're getting full value out of those shields.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Voice chat is for losers. All thirteen turns without it. We just needed echo

Voice chat is a crutch!

shas
Jul 27, 2011

just finished the main story and welp

:smith:

shut the gently caress up alphinaud

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

shas posted:

Nanamo Ul'dead

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

shas posted:

Alphinaud is Donny. Raubahn is Walter. WoL is The Dude.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually Cid is the Dude.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Actually Cid is the Dude.

I might just be projecting because my guy looks like a hobo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Seriously, I'm fairly certain that Cid was modeled after Jeff Bridges.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I was pretty happy to see Cid flying about in the Heavensward trailer because that guy busts more rear end for you than anyone. Hopefully that portends a decently active role in the Ishgard story.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How far am I from the end? We just fought an Ascian to avenge MoenBryda R.I.P.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm still holding out for the CT storyline not being completely finished. The last cutscene seemed to tease you with the Forbidden Land Eureka.

rock2much posted:

Almost there.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rock2much posted:

I think that was the end of the penultimate content patch; just one more patch's worth of story left (including one more trial) to go.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

shas posted:

I just want to trade Nanamo for Minfilia, cause I really doubt at least most of the Scions are gone.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr E posted:

I just want to trade Nanamo for Minfilia, cause I really doubt at least most of the Scions are gone.

Well... Teledji wanted Nanamo dead, and had her handmaid slip the poison. Teledji at least thought he was acting against Lolorito as well as Nanamo and Raubahn (even if he was ultimately a patsy). The very end shows that the handmaid was actually working for Lolorito the whole time, with the implication that maybe she didn't do exactly what Teledji wanted. Between that and the somnus reference right before the shitshow starts, there's enough ambiguity there for me to hold out hope that Nanamo is only mostly dead.

Minfilia died on the way back to her home planet.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

I got inspired by the ninja's Voice Attack mudra and made a dumb thing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From the official forums:

Note the change of object on the pole you hold in front of the fat chocobo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow that's a big gae bolg!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Thumbtacks posted:

no

I think the less gimmick and more useful one was goad # to goad the right person.

this is the SCH version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZ_EqgZBKQ

Gotta catchem all.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm helping!

I helped!

I tried out THM. I like it, don't like Ul'dah. Got to level 12ish and went back to continue on as Marauder. Gotta get dat mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ularg posted:

I'm helping!

I helped!

I tried out THM. I like it, don't like Ul'dah. Got to level 12ish and went back to continue on as Marauder. Gotta get dat mount.

None of the cities are as cool as Limsa Lominsa.

• Locked thread