Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

az
Dec 2, 2005

It would be great if the teleportation shenanigans would at least disable when the wave is down to the last dozen zeds, last player or something. Also a command line to disable the entire behaviour on a dedicated server would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Possible bug: can't spectate before spawning. It just spawns your spectate-self in the character select room and you can't escape. Maybe start spectating off the last character you were tracking, and give spectators some degree of no clip?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Jet fuel can't melt steel doors!

The .ini fixes are in the OP. I think there was another one beyond the bodies, mouse accel, and mouse smoothing but I can't find it in the thread.

I don't know if its OP worthy, but this helped my game a ton.

Unclean009 posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in here before but I finally fixed the massive stuttering issues I was having.

Apparently it's somehow related to texture streaming. I have a decent rig (i7 4790k, gtx 780, ssd, plenty of ram) but the game would stutter like crazy.

In KFEngine.ini set bUseTextureStreaming to False.

Buttery smooth now. Might use some more vram since it isn't hotloading the textures, but everything is good now.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One burst from Hans guns at close range kills you on HoE. :stare:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

One burst from Hans guns at close range kills you on HoE. :stare:

Even on lower difficulties, those guns do not gently caress around. If you're out in the open and he has time to fire a couple volleys at you, you're in serious trouble. Not sure how I feel about having no room for errors whatsoever, though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Even on lower difficulties, those guns do not gently caress around. If you're out in the open and he has time to fire a couple volleys at you, you're in serious trouble. Not sure how I feel about having no room for errors whatsoever, though.

Even on normal, pretty much all of my deaths to Hans have been suddenly going from 90 to dead in a single instant from him shooting at me.

I still need to get a handle on when his shots don't hurt as bad when you can't get to cover literally in less than one second. Because usually I'll take a quick chunk of managable damage, break off, heal, get back to the fighting while darting others. Then suddenly Hans will just decides "gently caress this, he dies instantly" and I'm left wondering what I could have done differently without just loving off and leaving the fight entirely before he even turns to face me, let alone starts shooting me.

I know it's not grenades doing the job in these cases. Sure I have died to grenades, but that's rare compared to the "BOOP, dead." moments

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Drone_Fragger posted:

I really wish that supports had innate weight increase as a part of their class rather than as a perk, since you're going to have an aa12 at some point and that basically gives you the really tactical choice of the pump shotgun or the hunting shotgun as backup weapons and not much else.

I start each game with tenacity and then move towards the weight increase when I have the money for 3 shotguns.

Also on HOE shotgun ammo is so expensive that if you can find a varmint rifle or crovel it really helps out. Sometimes I'll even buy a varmint rifle because ammo is so cheap and each magazine is a potential 20 head shots.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Section Z posted:

Even on normal, pretty much all of my deaths to Hans have been suddenly going from 90 to dead in a single instant from him shooting at me.

I still need to get a handle on when his shots don't hurt as bad when you can't get to cover literally in less than one second. Because usually I'll take a quick chunk of managable damage, break off, heal, get back to the fighting while darting others. Then suddenly Hans will just decides "gently caress this, he dies instantly" and I'm left wondering what I could have done differently without just loving off and leaving the fight entirely before he even turns to face me, let alone starts shooting me.

I know it's not grenades doing the job in these cases. Sure I have died to grenades, but that's rare compared to the "BOOP, dead." moments

As far as I can see, there are 4 ways in which Hans can really threaten you: gas grenades, explosive grenades, his guns, and melee. Both varieties of grenades are pretty obvious and generally avoidable. The guns will eat you alive very quickly if you're out in the open, end of story. Even on normal, they're not something you can tank, and if he's focusing on a single individual who can't get to cover in a second or three, that person is probably going to die. Thus, always having a way to break LOS with Hans is really, really important. Alternatively, you can circle around him and he won't be able to keep up. That's also a reasonably viable strategy for dealing with his melee. Melee is a threat to the extent that Hans can move quickly when he wants to, and it deals a lot of damage, and the attacks come out quickly. As a result, if he sets his sights on you and decides he wants to do nothing but melee, and you can't break LOS, he will keep pace with you while performing melee attacks, and you will die very quickly.

From what I've seen, the optimal strategy is having everyone with an AA-12, save for maybe the medic(s). Get as close as you safely can and unload when Hans is busy with someone else. Unload on him immediately after he has finished draining someone, as he generally drops a grenade attack at that point, which gives you some time to shoot him up and then flee. This gets harder as difficulty increases since he gains a lot of health, but I think it really ends up being a balancing act. If you get too far away, you won't be able to close the distance to deal damage without getting peppered with gunfire and grenades. If you stick too close too much, you're liable to get melee'd to death or stuck in a corner with a bunch of gas grenades on you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just did a hard match as a level 6 medic with the AR and Pulverizer cause our 16 zerk was to much of a puss to fight scrakes.

Shockingly effective. :slick:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Just did a hard match as a level 6 medic with the AR and Pulverizer cause our 16 zerk was to much of a puss to fight scrakes.

Turns out high health, armor, and the ability to restore them would be a lot better than being able to kill scrakes 1/4th faster and 5% damage resistance

Hint hint

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Ruggington posted:

Turns out high health, armor, and the ability to restore them would be a lot better than being able to kill scrakes1/4th faster

Hint hint

Pretty much. Given that Medics get a speed boost that is competitive with Berserker and applies regardless of what you've got in-hand and have better perks, and that the Berserker damage and swing speed bonuses seem fairly marginal, I think there's definitely an argument to be made that Medics are better Berserkers than Berserkers. So something like a successful parry -> damage buff skill would be a really good thing for Berserkers.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Zerkers are going to need more than simply a damage buff on parry.

Unless its the last few guys of the round, parrying in anything higher than hard feels not only useless, but actually detrimental to your survival. Congrats, you parried that scrake once. Now sit there with a slow rear end animation while every other zed chews your face off.

Overall, the Zerker needs a lot of work. He just feels so slow, that attack speed has to be jacked up a lot.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Before they mess with parries they should probably fix the ability to circle strafe Scrakes. Right now any class can solo a Scrake and take zero damage.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've been selling crovels and katanas as Support since I don't have the weight limit (or money) for a third shotgun. Are they worth keeping around or am I losing out on XP?

Tanreall posted:

Before they mess with parries they should probably fix the ability to circle strafe Scrakes. Right now any class can solo a Scrake and take zero damage.
Yeah but it looks so cool and isn't exactly easy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ramsus posted:

It'd be really op then

oh not not an OP weapon in my purely cooperative video game

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Shumagorath posted:

I've been selling crovels and katanas as Support since I don't have the weight limit (or money) for a third shotgun. Are they worth keeping around or am I losing out on XP?

Yeah but it looks so cool and isn't exactly easy.

Katanas currently don't give XP to any of the four perks. Its fun to use and swings fast but doesn't give you anything. Crovel I've found helps my Medic as a back up weapon since it covers more ground and hits harder then the scapel.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Capn Beeb posted:

oh not not an OP weapon in my purely cooperative video game

You're right maybe your melee weapon can be a pacifier

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

You're right maybe your melee weapon can be a pacifier

Alt fire, throw it to shut up Sirens, bloats, and block a husk's gun like a bugs bunny cartoon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Pretty much. Given that Medics get a speed boost that is competitive with Berserker and applies regardless of what you've got in-hand and have better perks, and that the Berserker damage and swing speed bonuses seem fairly marginal, I think there's definitely an argument to be made that Medics are better Berserkers than Berserkers. So something like a successful parry -> damage buff skill would be a really good thing for Berserkers.

That's funny you say that since KF1 a few years back was pretty much that, medics with katanas destroying everything on suicidal with little to no damage to themselves.

quote:

That would make Scrakes near impossible to handle right now and the only realiable way to handle one would be to parry, hammer, parry, hammer, a dangerous proposition especially when the scrake goes apeshit, and doing that isn't exactly easy, hopefully they introduce/work on the other classes before they start altering strategies people are currently using.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

All I know is that I will enjoy this game a whole lot more once I can dual-wield pistols again and diveroll past Husk fireballs as the Gunslinger.

To compound the action-movie-ism, katanas should deflect Hans' bullets while in zed time. TIA.

Also, I need to get KF2 on a machine that actually has a graphics card. Currently, Han's smoke grenades and the rapid camera turn from grabbing both nuke my FPS.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Das Butterbrot posted:

if its anything like in older uengine games you just put the pw after the server address, e.g. open 123.456.789.0 lljk

This doesn't appear to have solved it (assuming I have the correct password) :negative:

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
I haven't been playing, did they disable exp on those 20+ man servers? So much for getting past the awful levels while also having fun. As a level 8 commando I don't feel any noticeable difference from being level 0, and all the perks that actually improve Commando in ways that actually matter are over halfway up the skill path (increased mag size, improved reload).

Does this fix your password problem?

Questioner86 posted:

Thanks for this. Got the bug into our bug tracker.

The command to bypass this would be:

open 192.168.0.1?password=abc

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I had a graphics bug happen today. Was in the game in borderless mode and was alt+tabbing out a few times to get some capture settings right and all the UI elements went to the top left. This isn't the first time it's happened so just posting here.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Bob Locke posted:

I haven't been playing, did they disable exp on those 20+ man servers? So much for getting past the awful levels while also having fun. As a level 8 commando I don't feel any noticeable difference from being level 0, and all the perks that actually improve Commando in ways that actually matter are over halfway up the skill path (increased mag size, improved reload).

Does this fix your password problem?

Works great, yeah! Now both goon servers are behind on the game version, though, lol.

Also, yes. Extra size servers are counted as 'custom' servers and don't accumulate XP.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shumagorath posted:

Just sell them. Also remember do drop them on the floor once and pick them back up so they sell for 150 dosh instead of 100. Same for your starter gun when you go to sell that. I'm not joking.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Alteisen posted:

That would make Scrakes near impossible to handle right now and the only realiable way to handle one would be to parry, hammer, parry, hammer, a dangerous proposition especially when the scrake goes apeshit, and doing that isn't exactly easy, hopefully they introduce/work on the other classes before they start altering strategies people are currently using.

Why would you balance around a mechanic that could and probably should change? Right now you circle strafe Scrakes and Hans. Two of the strongest enemies are confused by you running circles around them.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I think door welding could be useful if demos could set traps on a welded door, with a trip mine or something. When the zeds bust the door down, BOOM, they all take a bit of massive damage. You only have so many doors on the level, so you have to save them for the later waves or emergencies.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

clockworkjoe posted:

I think door welding could be useful if demos could set traps on a welded door, with a trip mine or something. When the zeds bust the door down, BOOM, they all take a bit of massive damage. You only have so many doors on the level, so you have to save them for the later waves or emergencies.

pipe bombs in kf1 would blow up as soon as the door they were on would break open as long as the bomb was on the other side of the door from the zeds and there was a sufficient amount of zeds to set it off. it was a really good tactic that i'd be sad to see gone.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

+
pipe bombs in kf1 would blow up as soon as the door they were on would break open as long as the bomb was on the other side of the door from the zeds and there was a sufficient amount of zeds to set it off. it was a really good tactic that i'd be sad to see gone.

Is it me, or does breaking open a door early with a grenade barely deal any damage to the zeds on the other side (BOOM... oh only one zed dies :geno:)? Or do support grenades below level 10 just not deal with that so well? Every time I've thrown a grenade at a door that was almost about to go down instead of waiting so it would explode AFTER it busts open, pretty much nothing dies.

Waiting for a door to open so your grenade will actually deal damage, but not waiting more than a second too long so they don't scatter outside of the AoE entirely for the most part. Even on normal it's rare to get that luxury without basically leaving the rest of your team to fend for yourselves against the other 20+ zeds that have spawned/teleported to enter from the opposite side of the room, just so you can get that sweet 100+ experience grenade multikill.

Considering you only have a vague estimate of how long a door will last integrity wise, you can only preemptively time this from the weld wearing out too. I'm not saying I want some easy set and forget proximity explosion, but right now tossing a grenade at doors in any way that matters means dropping everything to stare at the door. Unless I'm just the worlds most unlucky man and grenades normally kill poo poo just fine if they blow the doors open.

EDIT: PS give Berserker a talent that let's them goomba stomp crawlers, TIA.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 1, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
HEY GUYS WHO WANTS TO SEE A MAGIC TRICK.

(It's inside the car)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Section Z posted:

Is it me, or does breaking open a door early with a grenade barely deal any damage to the zeds on the other side (BOOM... oh only one zed dies :geno:)? Or do support grenades below level 10 just not deal with that so well? Every time I've thrown a grenade at a door that was almost about to go down instead of waiting so it would explode AFTER it busts open, pretty much nothing dies.

Waiting for a door to open so your grenade will actually deal damage, but not waiting more than a second too long so they don't scatter outside of the AoE entirely for the most part. Even on normal it's rare to get that luxury without basically leaving the rest of your team to fend for yourselves against the other 20+ zeds that have spawned/teleported to enter from the opposite side of the room, just so you can get that sweet 100+ experience grenade multikill.

Considering you only have a vague estimate of how long a door will last integrity wise, you can only preemptively time this from the weld wearing out too. I'm not saying I want some easy set and forget proximity explosion, but right now tossing a grenade at doors in any way that matters means dropping everything to stare at the door. Unless I'm just the worlds most unlucky man and grenades normally kill poo poo just fine if they blow the doors open.

EDIT: PS give Berserker a talent that let's them goomba stomp crawlers, TIA.

Support grenades are kinda weird in the fact that they have a very small (but powerful) radius, and then they have shotgun-like projectiles that burst out that are buffed by shotgun penetration. They can either be ultimate face-wreckers and earn you over 100 exp in a single blast or kill piss-all.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Just reached level 15 with Support. Does anyone know if Bombard has a 15% chance to stumble ALL zeds (except maybe Hans)? Because if so that could be handy against angry Scrakes and Fleshpounds. I'm hoping it does because while reloading faster is nice and all there haven't been a huge number of instances where it's been fatal for me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I got into a game with a group of high level commandos and a support. Everything was constantly in Zed Time and I have never had a harder time playing medic because I could not kill a thing and nobody took any significant damage until the fleshpounds came out.

I also got to tank two fleshpounds at once by guarding with the pulverizer and spamming medic grenades :o:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Just reached level 15 with Support. Does anyone know if Bombard has a 15% chance to stumble ALL zeds (except maybe Hans)? Because if so that could be handy against angry Scrakes and Fleshpounds. I'm hoping it does because while reloading faster is nice and all there haven't been a huge number of instances where it's been fatal for me.

I'd be interested in knowing this too. I still haven't tried that skill out. Guess I should just try it out, but reload is pretty important as support.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does this work on Win 10 yet

i kind of want to try out Win 10 but also want to play kf 2

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out one downside to increasing MaxDeadBodies for zerkers is that your Pulverizer will register and fire a round if it hits a body. Which happens pretty much every time you swing if you've been camping the same room and the floor is now made of bodies :downs: I've really got to start remembering to record/stream this game, I had some pretty sweet gif-able moments last round.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

Section Z posted:

Doors & 'nades

Teamwork is key! Have someone unweld the door and then blow those zed fuckers up!

Boom, big multikill and you still have a working door.

Ideally a team of 6 can have 4 holding an area, with 2 welding/unwelding doors and clearing zeds out. Easier said than done of course, because there's always gonna be something that fucks up with what spawns where.

It's nice to be running this strategy and unwelding a door to see 2 FP and a scrake :shepface:

BUT THAT'S PART OF THE FUN!

Really excited for future updates on the game, it's so refreshing to see such a polished game in EA for a change. Not really too surprised though, TW fuckin owns!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm running my own server with SteamCmd and my client can't connect as it says the server is not up to date. I run "app_update 232130" in SteamCmd and it says it is already up to date.
Any server experts here can help me out with this in case my google searches come up empty?

e: Looks like I have to log in as anonymous to do the update. It's half way through downloading stuff so I presume it's working now.
e2: SUCCESS!

Gromit fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 1, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Patch hosed my server for a while but I brought it back as a Suicidal 10 wave for a bit

open 104.156.246.12:7777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
What's the consensus on the level 10 medic skill? Is armament actually a good idea? My initial impression was that 2 armor per heal don't make up the 10% loss of healing power.