Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ah greed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just beat witches of hemwick. goddamn, that was fun. i got down to having 3 vials left, but still managed it on my first attempt. hemwick charnel lane is an amazing area. that first part where you walk in and see the ladies spinning around in mad religious ecstasy is such an amazing scene. i love this game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i fully respect from for making the game secretly completely a lovecraft horror story but not telling anybody at all about it. it would've been the easiest sell in the world but they decided to let it have some impact instead

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it was insanely epic when everything just finally came together and i was like wow.... it all makes sense...

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

This is the best game ever made

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i want to make a wheel guy but dont wanna play through the game again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

i want to make a wheel guy but dont wanna play through the game again

You don't want to experience all the incredible content with a new playstyle and the potential to find more secrets? Your loss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just beat witches of hemwick. goddamn, that was fun. i got down to having 3 vials left, but still managed it on my first attempt. hemwick charnel lane is an amazing area. that first part where you walk in and see the ladies spinning around in mad religious ecstasy is such an amazing scene. i love this game.

It's my second favorite behind an area you probably haven't seen yet. Did you go through that area before or after fighting the vicar

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You don't want to experience all the incredible content with a new playstyle and the potential to find more secrets? Your loss

i alr4eady experience it four time ._.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i could probably turn stake driver person into sub-optimal wheel guy, but then i won't have funny wheel-related name.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm honestly hyped for my second playthrough, so much stuff i get to reexperience that i forgot and discover

like that guy at the first lamp after the first ladder that you can talk to. i never talked to him in my first run and he explains a bunch of cool poo poo!

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

like that guy at the first lamp after the first ladder that you can talk to. i never talked to him in my first run and he explains a bunch of cool poo poo!

missed this guy. next time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's my second favorite behind an area you probably haven't seen yet. Did you go through that area before or after fighting the vicar

before. i was talking to my brother who's further ahead and he told me that killing amelia triggers the next phase of day, so i decided to explore some more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

before. i was talking to my brother who's further ahead and he told me that killing amelia triggers the next phase of day, so i decided to explore some more.

Yeah that area gets slightly harder if vicar has been defeated. Very relaxing to take a pause at the end of that long piece of rock near the ocean and just listen to the ambient noises

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To all Bloodborne players, by the way: headphones are STRONGLY recommended if possible

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i just remembered that down by the courtyard where you get the monocular where there was the giant with the ball and chain, there was a little corridor that had a chest at the end and a closed door; does that door ever open?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i just remembered that down by the courtyard where you get the monocular where there was the giant with the ball and chain, there was a little corridor that had a chest at the end and a closed door; does that door ever open?

I was wondering this as well. Possible DLC start point?

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i went back there after rom and it was still closed :shrug:

the giants are really strange at that point in the day, they stop patrolling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

i went back there after rom and it was still closed :shrug:

the giants are really strange at that point in the day, they stop patrolling

they stop patrolling after vicar, I believe

Dec 26, 2012

i vaguely remember dodging them whilr running a few times to the cathedral to finish eileen's questline but I could have just been being dumb about it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

01011001 posted:

i vaguely remember dodging them whilr running a few times to the cathedral to finish eileen's questline but I could have just been being dumb about it

They're napping. They'll wake up if you get close, though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does using the headphone port on the ps4 controller reduce the quality or sound less good than using a receiver with headphones??? i haven't really tried it yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

does using the headphone port on the ps4 controller reduce the quality or sound less good than using a receiver with headphones??? i haven't really tried it yet

I use the headphone port and it sounds perfectly fine. For my second playthrough I used that + ps4 spotify and it was all great

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it not open. some guy threw coins at the door and it's physically the same small door behind the cleric beast. was probably meant to be shortcut and now isnt for some reason.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hubris.height posted:

I don't notice any quality issues, but your DS4 battery will drain faster on top of the already poor battery life.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea that's a lovely part of the ps4 but it is such a problem that I've stopped unplugging the remote entirely so I don't think that will be a concern

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I spent an hour doing work while hiding behind a rock from the brain ladies in NoM because their hummin' is amazing.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ps4 remote is constantly plugged in so i might as well use the port on the controller

didn't know that about usb headphones though thats cool

e: also the spotify poo poo on ps4 is the greatest thing, it is an awesome time to be a gamer

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

To all Bloodborne players, by the way: headphones are STRONGLY recommended if possible

how the gently caress do i plug headphones into my ps4./..?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

how the gently caress do i plug headphones into my ps4./..?

the controller has a jack.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

Yeah, and it's good for PC gaming too. I liked the DS3 a lot and the DS4 is better in all aspects

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody use the right side touch pad item shortcuts though? I never once assigned something to those slots

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Does anybody use the right side touch pad item shortcuts though? I never once assigned something to those slots

I put my messages book there and that was it

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I put my messages book there and that was it

this + the hand lantern yeah

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Yeah, and it's good for PC gaming too. I liked the DS3 a lot and the DS4 is better in all aspects

i liked the ds3 until i used the ds4 and now it feels so much worse

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

AHungryRobot posted:

the controller has a jack.

lol if u think that actually works

sound only ever comes out of 1 side... its for voice chat only, and hella gay

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Where else would you plug it in then?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AHungryRobot posted:

Where else would you plug it in then?

the sony branded ones have a transmitter dongle that goes in the system iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I just tried it with my headphones and it seems to work okay. I got sound on both sides too.