Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

eh, you've just tune the markov scripts

ob Requirements:

Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:

• A minimum of five to seven years of experience in customer analytics and scientific marketing methods from the client side, an agency/vendor perspective, or both.
• A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS minimum; MBA or MS preferred.
• Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the marketing landscape and how customer insights professionals can analyze customer data across channels to predict customer behavior and dramatically improve business results.
• Solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick and how customer insights professionals operate within large global businesses.
• Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills. Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts -— and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
• The ability to travel 30% to 50% of the time.

Here’s What You’ll Get:

• Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
• Access to research that influences global leaders every day.
• World-class learning and development opportunities.
• Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents.
• Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative.
• Cool perks:
o All the cappuccino you can drink.
o The opportunity to rock out with guitars in our lobby and take piano lessons on Friday.
o On-site massages.
o Fierce foosball and Ping-Pong rivalry.
o A top-notch fitness center.
o Zagster bike-sharing and rental program.
o A competitive benefits package.
o The chance to work in a LEED Gold- and LEED Platinum-certified building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
whoa holy poo poo free coffee?? sign me the gently caress up

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

qirex posted:

ob Requirements:

Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:

• A minimum of five to seven years of experience in customer analytics and scientific marketing methods from the client side, an agency/vendor perspective, or both.
• A strong record of academic achievement: BA or BS minimum; MBA or MS preferred.
• Deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the marketing landscape and how customer insights professionals can analyze customer data across channels to predict customer behavior and dramatically improve business results.
• Solid business instincts and a practical understanding of what makes companies tick and how customer insights professionals operate within large global businesses.
• Superior listening, critical thinking, and writing skills, as well as memorable presentation skills. Analysts are expected to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts -— and be willing to take a stand on vendors and outcomes.
• The ability to travel 30% to 50% of the time.

Here’s What You’ll Get:

• Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
• Access to research that influences global leaders every day.
• World-class learning and development opportunities.
• Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents.
• Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative.
• Cool perks:
o All the cappuccino you can drink.
o The opportunity to rock out with guitars in our lobby and take piano lessons on Friday.
o On-site massages.
o Fierce foosball and Ping-Pong rivalry.
o A top-notch fitness center.
o Zagster bike-sharing and rental program.
o A competitive benefits package.
o The chance to work in a LEED Gold- and LEED Platinum-certified building.

7 years experience and a masters required to fly coach and tell middle managers their youtube commercials are too long ad they aren't posting on twitter enough

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

angry_keebler posted:

7 years experience and a masters required to fly coach and tell middle managers their youtube commercials are too long ad they aren't posting on twitter enough

dont forget the LEED gold or platinum building :wotwot:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Virion posted:

dont forget the LEED gold or platinum building :wotwot:
large spaces with clean air and tons of natural light own though

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i'm in a leed platinum building now. first in the state iirc. it's not really all that. you can game the system with extra electric car only spots nearest the entrance and poo poo.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
fatinum

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i'm in a leed platinum building now. first in the state iirc. it's not really all that. you can game the system with extra electric car only spots nearest the entrance and poo poo.

half assed thing is bad, news at 6

pram
Jun 10, 2001
All those… moments… will be lost in time, like …chairs… on… the titanic.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

All those… moments… will be lost in time, like …chairs… on… the titanic.

prepare to fork

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

large spaces with clean air and tons of natural light own though

agreed but

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

im in some leeds something building with plenty of windows but a nearly hostile cube jungle that blocks viewing them combined with green areas filled with smokers. when the floor plans are good and the breeze is light it's nice. lots of walking room around the area :shobon:

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/30/8525057/windows-10-mobile-release-date

quote:

While Microsoft is planning to launch Windows 10 on PCs this summer, the phone part of the operating system will debut at a later date. Speaking at a media event at Build in San Francisco today, Microsoft's Joe Belfiore explained the company's plans for the launch of Windows 10. "Our phone builds have not been as far along as our PC builds," explained Belfiore. "We’re adapting the phone experiences later than we’re adding the PC experiences."

That slower progress means Windows 10 on phones will show up after the PC launch this summer. "There are devices and features that will come not on launch date, but following it," says Belfiore. "From the device view, our main focus is to kick off the Windows 10 launch wave with a great launch on the PC. You should expect that the other devices — phone, HoloLens, Xbox, Surface Hub — will be staggered, probably not on the same date as the PC."

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so while windows 10 is coming this summer the release of windows 10 is still unknown. but it will be some time after windows 10

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Release a clue.

roybot9000
Aug 27, 2003
"mobile-first"

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

can someone parse what he means here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

windows 10, one experience on all your devices*

we're only releasing windows 10 on one device right now

Last Chance posted:

lol

AR only works in a tiny portion of your field of view. if your fov is that photo, you can only see AR stuff in that middle shaded part

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
bullshit, look it works well outside your own fov, can even show stuff behind you

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

they expect people to believe that minecraft, a java monstrosity of a game that struggles to run smoothly on high end pcs, is just around the corner from seamlessly supporting hololens

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
minecraft runs fine on even low end pcs.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

do you remember 'augmented reality', where you could point your phone at a card with a special marker on it and see an animated 3d thing happen on that card through your phone?

that's probably what's happening here. if i'm understanding those posts, the hololens is using those cards with the stolen cat-riding-unicorn image to position the graphics.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

my nephew is really into minecraft. i can confirm that this is most definitely not the case, unless you have a different definition of 'low end'

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
even low end embedded stuff will run it fine these days. you'd have to go back like 5 years to find a computer that wouldn't run it well. or maybe get amd

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

do you remember 'augmented reality', where you could point your phone at a card with a special marker on it and see an animated 3d thing happen on that card through your phone?

never 5get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

it even runs on my mac

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

trap sprung

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Last Chance posted:

lol

i think he's complaining there's a poor field of view, and then the bottom image attempts to show how big the field of view is, using bananas hilarious stickers that prove microsoft is cool again for scale

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

gently caress me seriously

apparently if you uploaded images to the How Old Am I thing MS can use your name and images

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...html?icn=puff-2

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

:nsa:

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

PleasureKevin posted:

apparently if you uploaded images to the How Old Am I thing MS can use your name and images

are you telling me the backdoor biometric database being built for the various law enforcement agencies and marketing firms isn't on the up and up?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmao :newlol::coffee:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

But HoloLens only feels natural when you're not handling anything much bigger than a basketball. It produces a magic square the size of a large TV screen, and the moment something slips outside, it disappears. It's possible to imagine that a small object has just dipped out of sight, but for a larger one, you either have to step quite a ways back or content yourself with just seeing pieces of it in the center of your vision. It shatters the illusion, and it looks very little like the amazing whole-world illusions of Microsoft's videos. Even a heads-up display becomes less useful once your peripheral and near-peripheral vision is off-limits.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
that feel when u company circling the drain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PleasureKevin posted:

:clears throat: IF YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR THE PRODUCT, IT IS YOU WHO IS BEING SOLD

all those people that do 'timehop' and all that poo poo lolol so randome send my entire post history and profile direct 2 advertisers

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

how win8 was born

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

the sportscenter highlights of him are the best

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i would be stressed too if the scoreboard didnt show my team's points so i didnt know if we were winning or losing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

• Locked thread