Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Including banging nyssa and felicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Leading to the new spinoff "The Inlaws"

Ra's: Long have my ancestors played the game of soccer. So too shall my grandchild. Who are you to stand against the tide of history?

Lance: Well I dunno how they do things in Panda Barbot, but around here Lance's play baseball. So take your red card, flopping ninja goons and go to hell.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Bad Moon posted:

Ra's: Long have my ancestors played the game of soccer. So too shall my grandchild. Who are you to stand against the tide of history?

Lance: Well I dunno how they do things in Panda Furbot, but around here Lance's play baseball. So take your red card, flopping ninja goons and go to hell.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So did wildcat just get punched straight off the call sheet for filming or what? He seemed pretty cool, then very gone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So did wildcat just get punched straight off the call sheet for filming or what? He seemed pretty cool, then very gone.

It wasn't exactly clear if Vinnie Jones punched him to death or not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cool. Still want Ollie's casual walk by itself tho. poo poo was loving hilarious.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh, hey! This episode didn't suck! The Hong Kong bullshit was kept to a minimum and was 100% relevant, Ollie has completely adopted Ra's mannerisms, and I actually give a poo poo about where this is all going.

Plus Speedy finally put on the hood. I'm markin' out, bro.

Little_wh0re posted:

I think its going to be that most of this season was a long con planned by ollie masaeo and katana to get/destroy the last of the virus

He's got to be playing the long con and knowing exactly when Ra's would take the safety off and when he would stop him. It's like Will in Hannibal's second season, he's walking right up to that line and leaning forward as far as he can but still knows what he's doing.

wereboat posted:

Including banging nyssa and felicity.

Job perks :pervert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Timett posted:

Each of the HK flashbacks was about 30 seconds long. I'm not complaining because they are the worst but why even bother at this point?

Yeah they have just been momentum-killers at this point. It's not really even conveniently chronologically ordered to provide a coincidental theme anymore.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Oliver Queen has survived being lost at sea, stranded on a jungle island with people who want to kill him, mass murdering psychopaths, government assassins, a ninja cult and even death itself. But nothing has prepared him for the challenge he must now face. The one thing he fears above all else. Marriage.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Between Sad Laurel this week and Ollie leaving Roy electrocuted in a heap a few weeks back, I'm finding it really hard to believe the show is even trying anymore.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Man alive, the pacing this year is just not working well at all.

For the second time this year, a potentially great training storyline happens entirely off-screen (Thea/merlyn, Laurel/Nyssa).

Plus, the entire back half of the season has been about burning Oliver's resolve down to nothing.

But instead of getting to see how The League brainwashes and turns him, they just blare some music and montage that poo poo. There's been a lot of gunky filler throughout the year, but you didn't think "Oliver slowly succumbs to the league" was worth an episode?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought part of the deal was to never harm Ollie's friends again. Pretty sure murdering the entire city with them in it counts as harming them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

bamhand posted:

I thought part of the deal was to never harm Ollie's friends again. Pretty sure murdering the entire city with them in it counts as harming them.

I guess he's counting on the brainwashing holding out enough to overcome the "wait, hold on a fuckin second here" reaction.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
It was pretty great how it seemed like they forgot Ras was a bad guy all season and then were like uhhh okay chemical weapons aaaand fix the lesbian daughter

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wereboat posted:

It was pretty great how it seemed like they forgot Ras was a bad guy all season and then were like uhhh okay chemical weapons aaaand fix the lesbian daughter

Yeah at the beginning of the episode when he was being all mentory I thought, really are we supposed to think this guy is a villain? And at the end of the episode I was like...oohhhhhh.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Amell-talk:

First look at Casey Jones.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Scyantific posted:

Amell-talk:

Gonna loving own

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MaximumBob posted:

"I'll help you on one condition."
"What's that?"
"You know the Flash, right?"
"Who?"
"You know... Barry Allen."

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah they have just been momentum-killers at this point. It's not really even conveniently chronologically ordered to provide a coincidental theme anymore.

Uh? The alpha/Omega virus that Ra just handed to Oliver?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Amell-talk:

He needs flashback Arrow hair coming from behind the mask. (I'm just used to long-haired Casey Jones :unsmith:)

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
A thought just occurred to me: if Damien Dark is in charge of HIVE and was the cause of the military action in Honk Kong, how did Ra's get his hands on the Alpha/Omega? Assuming that the virus wasn't all used/destroyed in Honk Kong, it seems like the only players right now are Ollie/Tatsu/Maseo, Waller/Argus, and HIVE/The Army. None of them seem to have the inclination to give the virus to Ra's, HIVE least of all.

e:

Dango Bango posted:

He needs flashback Arrow hair coming from behind the mask. (I'm just used to long-haired Casey Jones :unsmith:)

Go ninja go ninja go

e:e: I think that was TMNT2 but still casey jones is

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

mcswizzle posted:

A thought just occurred to me: if Damien Dark is in charge of HIVE and was the cause of the military action in Honk Kong, how did Ra's get his hands on the Alpha/Omega? Assuming that the virus wasn't all used/destroyed in Honk Kong, it seems like the only players right now are Ollie/Tatsu/Maseo, Waller/Argus, and HIVE/The Army. None of them seem to have the inclination to give the virus to Ra's, HIVE least of all.

e:

Go ninja go ninja go

Ra's is essentially a bigger Merlyn. He leads a global network of assassins, and there's no doubt that he'd find a way to get his hands on something like this.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Ra's is essentially a bigger Merlyn. He leads a global network of assassins, and there's no doubt that he'd find a way to get his hands on something like this.

I dig that, but Damien Dark was his competition for the mantle of the LoA, so presumably he is comparably skilled. When he ran from the LoA, he also took some of the waters of the Lazarus Pit which, presumably, are what create the (seemingly) mind-control aspect of the HIVE thing. Either way, he'd be just as capable of building that network, and since Hong Kong was only a few years ago, Damien Dark has had literally a century to put his pieces in place to compete with the LoA

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does anyone else hope that Oliver stays in the league for at least half a season? It always seems like shows are so quick to return to their own status quo.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

TLG James posted:

Does anyone else hope that Oliver stays in the league for at least half a season? It always seems like shows are so quick to return to their own status quo.

From the leaked pictures on The Flash, it looks like he stays until the finale at the very least (or keeps the outfit, I guess the Arrow is technically dead, so that may not be the case). Doesn't seem like the brainwashing holds, but there's no way to know that for sure right now. I'm not sure how they'll dig themselves out of the hole if he leaves soon though. I mean, would Ra's just give up? "Oh man we tried to brainwash him and it didn't work. Guess I'll go see if that dude in Gotham has changed his mind yet"

e: because I can't imagine that Ra's will be killed, or even if he is that the LoA would leave them alone afterwords. I can't see a way to get Ollie out without repercussion

mcswizzle fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 1, 2015

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

TLG James posted:

The Mirakuru flashback plot tied in much more clearly and a lot earlier in the season than the virus though, it kind of just feels tacked on even if that probably wasn't the plan. The pacing hasn't been great this season and the timing of the cuts from present to flashback have more often than not been very jarring.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

mcswizzle posted:

From the leaked pictures on The Flash, it looks like he stays until the finale at the very least (or keeps the outfit, I guess the Arrow is technically dead, so that may not be the case). Doesn't seem like the brainwashing holds, but there's no way to know that for sure right now. I'm not sure how they'll dig themselves out of the hole if he leaves soon though. I mean, would Ra's just give up? "Oh man we tried to brainwash him and it didn't work. Guess I'll go see if that dude in Gotham has changed his mind yet"

e: because I can't imagine that Ra's will be killed, or even if he is that the LoA would leave them alone afterwords. I can't see a way to get Ollie out without repercussion

Oliver stabs Merlyn who lives, and it turns out there is also a prophesy that whoever survives the stabbing from the heir to the demon head is now the new demon head.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
When Ras was talking about his old homie that he hesitated and didn't kill who also it turns out is responsible for all the worst stuff to happen on the show I though that was the show setting up a replacement Ras.

I think they even said this guy considered himself Heir to the Demon over current Ras and fled with a group of loyal league members and some Lazarus water. I could be mixing up some of these details though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

mcswizzle posted:

Nyssa takes over the League, and absolves Ollie in the spirit of double Eskimo brotherhood.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
I hope thea yells at everyone for not telling her about roy because haha what the gently caress.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

mcswizzle posted:

because I can't imagine that Ra's will be killed, or even if he is that the LoA would leave them alone afterwords. I can't see a way to get Ollie out without repercussion

Oliie calls a meeting/gathering/whatever of the mooks before leaving to drop the virus on Starling. Mid speech, flings the vial into the crowd, shatters it with an arrow. "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS PLANET" Blows up the building. Fistbumps Masaeo and Katana. Leaves.

Maybe he sent Nyssa away first? I dunno.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wereboat posted:

I hope thea yells at everyone for not telling her about roy because haha what the gently caress.

I like how Nyssa was like "why is y'alls first reaction always to hide the truth".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zoux posted:

I like how Nyssa was like "why is y'alls first reaction always to hide the truth".

The most apt line in the history of the show.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TLG James posted:

Yeah but that's kind of pointless in comparison to all the Oliver/Deathstroke backstory and character work we got in previous seasons. I don't really care that Present MacGuffin is the same thing as Flashback MacGuffin. I guess there's some Maseo/Katana stuff in the flashbacks but they are non-characters in comparison.

Also IDENTICAL TWIN plotline, that should have been the deathknell.

They could have used those flashbacks for more Nyssa/Laurel scenes, which I didn't even know I wanted until this last episode

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wasn't really a plotline though, was it?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I was thinking that this was somehow a long-con thing on Ollies part to get at the virus, but that doesn't really work. I could buy it being something like along those lines that Maseo was doing, and brought Ollie in on at some point.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
They should've never introduced a virus into the show. Haven't they learned anything from Heroes? It was all downhill from there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Literally every genre show in the history of mankind has done a virus storyline.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
If they don't have Nyssa, Laurel, Thea. And Felicity Birds of Preying it up next season then I don't even know what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bad Moon posted:

If they don't have Nyssa, Laurel, Thea. And Felicity Birds of Preying it up next season then I don't even know what the gently caress.

I kind of wish this was the spinoff

• Locked thread