Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If the area gets snow, adding barriers that get covered by snow and gently caress up the plow are a really bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

xzzy posted:

If the area gets snow, adding barriers that get covered by snow and gently caress up the plow are a really bad idea.

I dunno, I saw some guy completely high centered in his shitbox when he ran over a snow covered island. It made me laugh my rear end off.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

xzzy posted:

In places like that they put really tall makers on top of the barriers/guardrail so the plow driver knows where they are.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

jamal posted:

In places like that they put really tall makers on top of the barriers/guardrail so the plow driver knows where they are.

Those things are so sexist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzdf4V7Cf_M

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

She cannot be serious.

Right? This is a joke. Right?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
There is a glimmer of hope. Not an hour ago, I saw a woman pull over to the curb and shut her car off before taking out her phone.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nitrogen posted:

She cannot be serious.

No, she's crazy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

nitrogen posted:

She cannot be serious.

If it is a joke they're really dedicated to it because that channel has hundreds of really absurd video clips all with the same basic theme.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
It sounds like a MRA video making a parody of a straw(wo)man feminist.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

That's Lena in Boston. She's legit crazy. Paranoid schizophrenic as I recall.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

jaegerx posted:

Stop being so loving ableist. :rolleyes:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I see far too many idiotic moves on the road to post them all, but this one ended with the idiot getting what he deserved.

1) City bus squeezes through on yellow as the last vehicle through the turn lane and I come to a stop at the line.
2) Silver BMW in the straight-only lane passes all of us in the left turn lane as the light turns red, turning left and drafting the bus's blind spot through the corner.
3) Bus exits intersection and moves to right curb bus stop to drop/pick passengers, forcing the BMW to screech to a halt in the crosswalk.
4) BMW honks horn repeatedly at the bus (who doesn't even know he's there) because the bus doing bus things ruined his sweet illegal maneuver. He continued to be stuck when the cross traffic proceeded on green and prevented him from entering traffic until the end of the light cycle.
:smug:

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

jaegerx posted:

I don't know how this could be anything but a joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXnDHz6aAX8

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Driving to work this morning I'm in the left lane of the main road in my area. There's a bro-truck behind me, but both lanes are moving at a decent pace so no problem. About a quarter to half a mile before the on-ramp for the highway I move into the right lane. I'm about one and a half car lengths behind the car in front of me and there is nobody behind me. After several seconds the guy in the bro truck decides to gun it and get in front of me. I figure fine, he just has to get on the highway a whole car length sooner than if he'd just pulled in behind me. I was wrong because he promptly slowed down to make a right turn, which for some reason couldn't have been done behind me. Really, dude?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Murphys Law posted:

Driving to work this morning I'm in the left lane of the main road in my area. There's a bro-truck behind me, but both lanes are moving at a decent pace so no problem. About a quarter to half a mile before the on-ramp for the highway I move into the right lane. I'm about one and a half car lengths behind the car in front of me and there is nobody behind me. After several seconds the guy in the bro truck decides to gun it and get in front of me. I figure fine, he just has to get on the highway a whole car length sooner than if he'd just pulled in behind me. I was wrong because he promptly slowed down to make a right turn, which for some reason couldn't have been done behind me. Really, dude?

I had the exact same thing happen to me last night, except replace bro truck with dude flogging the poo poo out of a POS Kia and tailgating everyone.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Mad props to the mother of a van full of kids to fly up to what must have been 75 mph in a 40 to make sure I couldn't change lanes to get in front of her. She was at least a block back when I popped my signal on and started checking my mirrors when I see the van's nose surge up and see the thing haul rear end. I decided to wait just a moment longer when she slowed down to not hit the car in front of her, then when the space opened, I tried again and was able to get in as she got on the horn and rode my rear end. I think her kids were giving her a lovely day as she looked batshit insane and was gesturing and yelling.

I'm not sure what's more dangerous. Moms or bad semi truck drivers.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm not sure what's more dangerous. Moms or bad semi truck drivers.
Taxi drivers. They've been through some poo poo.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Cage posted:

Taxi drivers. They've been through some poo poo.

Amen. Taxi drivers are the worst thing on the road, quickly followed by old men (sometimes literally)

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

wayfinder posted:

Amen. Taxi drivers are the worst thing on the road, quickly followed by old men (sometimes literally)

Imma let you finish, but just gonna jump in here to disagree and say this award has to go to livery / hire car drivers. No other category of driver has caused me to invent more new swear words than motherfucking livery car drivers.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Coming from small to medium size town Florida, riding in a cab in Boston was an eye opening experience. Also, it was cool as gently caress to be able to step off the curb drat near anywhere and hail a cab within five minutes. I'd always wanted to do that :3:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
'Independent Scentsy Consultant' is Latin for 'I cant drive this SUV for poo poo please watch out'

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wayfinder posted:

You know if you do a job for a good few years you're pretty much considered a master at it? Why are taxi drivers so loving awful at driving considering that's what they do all day? You'd imagine at some point they'd have this zen mastery of the road and everyone who drives upon it, shifting flawlessly, gliding between lanes effortlessly, getting you to where you need to go with the minimum of fuss... Whenever I get in one though they always seem to nearly hit something (or things on many occasions), have no idea how to drive smoothly or any idea of the road layouts in the city they work in and ALWAYS try to gently caress you out of cash by taking the longest route.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

88h88 posted:

You know if you do a job for a good few years you're pretty much considered a master at it? Why are taxi drivers so loving awful at driving considering that's what they do all day? You'd imagine at some point they'd have this zen mastery of the road and everyone who drives upon it, shifting flawlessly, gliding between lanes effortlessly, getting you to where you need to go with the minimum of fuss... Whenever I get in one though they always seem to nearly hit something (or things on many occasions), have no idea how to drive smoothly or any idea of the road layouts in the city they work in and ALWAYS try to gently caress you out of cash by taking the longest route.

They spend years listening to customers say "I need you to make the hour long cross town trip in 15 minutes or I will not tip!"

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
There are no words, what an absolute moron.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G80jxwoWdjI

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Tarantula posted:

A common theme with all these videos, besides sucking at parking in general, is a complete lack of understanding how to turn the wheel. Always turn too little, too late.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I've seen that before except it was a lady in a Yukon and she hit two cars

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MrOnBicycle posted:

A common theme with all these videos, besides sucking at parking in general, is a complete lack of understanding how to turn the wheel. Always turn too little, too late.

It's ironic, given that every single newbie on a racetrack will turn too early.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Black88GTA posted:

Imma let you finish, but just gonna jump in here to disagree and say this award has to go to livery / hire car drivers. No other category of driver has caused me to invent more new swear words than motherfucking livery car drivers.

I will back this claim up 100%. gently caress that specific group of road-going individuals.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Tarantula posted:

The music really makes this one :allears: Adds that little extra note of absurdity.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Black88GTA posted:

Zipvan/Zipcar, with half an hour before I have to return it and I'm a mile away in the city. I will drive like an absolute oval office and I will not apologise (because I don't want to pay a £35 late fee).

It's me I'm the worst (don't drive in London)

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Tarantula posted:

No one got hit so that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She didn't pull forward enough before backing in and realized her mistake, no harm done. Although I don't know why she even wanted to in the first place since it would have given her less room to open her door.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hikaki posted:

No one got hit so that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She didn't pull forward enough before backing in and realized her mistake, no harm done. Although I don't know why she even wanted to in the first place since it would have given her less room to open her door.

She wanted to save time when leaving :downs:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Zipvan/Zipcar, with half an hour before I have to return it and I'm a mile away in the city. I will drive like an absolute oval office and I will not apologise (because I don't want to pay a £35 late fee).

It's me I'm the worst (don't drive in London)
If you're driving like a oval office in London, it's not like anyone will notice.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Taxis and pizza pilots around here seem to be decent drivers. Could be becasue it's a small town.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Hikaki posted:

I assumed since the parking space looked reserved for people with babies that maybe she had a kid in a carseat on the rear left side. Certainly with the time she wasted she could have gotten them out from the opposite side easily enough though.

Edit: vv I heard your grandma passed away.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 1, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Maybe get a roll bar if you're going to drive like a doofus, or just don't drive like a doofus.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
I-25 on the front range is the target of a shooter
http://www.westword.com/news/i-25-glass-shatterings-up-to-seven-update-on-shooting-victim-cori-romero-6663344

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
http://bcove.me/8lpie1ov

Everybody shooting at everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

InterceptorV8 posted:

http://bcove.me/8lpie1ov

Everybody shooting at everybody.

I wouldn't shed a tear if the shooter had somehow gotten himself wedged in between the drive axles of that guy's truck.