Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

tv commercials inline with video content
i think you meant to say product placement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

display ads are when you buy a thing and then if you dont have ad block youre bombarded by adverts for the thing you just bought on every site you go to

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hello i would like to piss and moan about the new google maps (on desktop browsers)

it is bad and dumb and after months of clicking "go back to classic maps", now im stuck with the new version with its crap UI and lame 3D horseshit

no more 45 degree view loving blows, think i might end up using bing maps lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

use apple maps for everything except figuring public transport, then use google maps for that

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

SO DEMANDING posted:

hello i would like to piss and moan about the new google maps (on desktop browsers)

it is bad and dumb and after months of clicking "go back to classic maps", now im stuck with the new version with its crap UI and lame 3D horseshit

agreed, its real bad

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PCjr sidecar posted:

agreed, its real bad

mlmp!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the new google drive is also pants

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
*nods in solemn agreement*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Valeyard posted:

how would a person put software on their legs? :confused:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SO DEMANDING posted:

no more 45 degree view loving blows, think i might end up using bing maps lol

i actually liked the new google maps. until they abruptly discontinued support for firefox on linux.

it was working fine for months, then one day they gave me a little lightning bolt and said i was in "lite mode." lite mode looks excatly like regular google maps but none of the buttons or links work. e.g. you cannot get directions

the best part of this is that it works fine with firefox and linux on my desktop. it's only broken on my laptop. gg gentlemen

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

display ads are when you buy a thing and then if you dont have ad block youre bombarded by adverts for the thing you just bought on every site you go to

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Valeyard posted:

is that good or bad

because it used to be (quoting myself) "poop from a butt", especially compared to microsoft onedrive for mac

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

St Evan Echoes posted:

use apple maps for everything except figuring public transport, then use google maps for that

apple's maps in tokyo are, ime, currently better than google's

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

google drive is way better now idk how anyone could prefer the old version

on desktop the new hangouts timestamp placement is pure poop from a butt tho at least the spacing is correct in os x but on windows its all crammed up against the dialogue and is way too big

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Stringent posted:

apple's maps in tokyo are, ime, currently better than google's

Google hasnt actually mapped Japan in house yet, they pay for some other provider to give it to them , and its terribad.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Timb release the transit info

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

"Apple and rail services, finally on the right track."

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
apple owns several transit app makers, has done for years

i don't understand why they haven't integrated that work into apple maps

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

apple dumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

apple maps was shipped before it was finished and it did irreparable damage to the brand so now it has been abandoned

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

tim release the goddamn cycling directions that the haptic turning left or right poo poo on the watch were born for

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

yospos has absolutely ruined recommended videos for me

recommendations have literally never been useful for the entire history of youtube

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

as i recall they were pretty good circa 09-ish

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

poty posted:

tim release the goddamn cycling directions that the haptic turning left or right poo poo on the watch were born for

why don't the headphones vibrate for turns

then you don't need a $600 mistake

some sort of vibration of the airwaves, something so subtle you wouldn't even feel it, but you'd know which way to turn

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you're a special kind of goddamn idiot if you wear headphones while riding a bicycle in a trafficked area

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they're either crappy ones with no noise isolation and all you hear is the air WHOOSHing through them

or they're the good kind and you can't hear anything but your workout tunes. not the other cyclist trying to pass you, or the pedestrian you almost hit, or the giant truck about to run you over

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

earbuds don't have passive noise cancellation and turn-by-turn directions aren't distracting

you can even use just one!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

#lifehax

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I've got a better one. strap a Bluetooth speaker to your bike so you can hear your turn by turn directions, annoy passers by with your awful European club mix, and not be totally oblivious to your surroundings.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

if you got a little speakerphone thing that would also let you yell at siri.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah good luck making that poo poo work outside of a silent room lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ya youtube thing

im pretty sure they upped the compression like a motherfucker on the older content. i know it wasnt 1080p in 2008 but theres no way it looked like this

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

ya youtube thing

im pretty sure they upped the compression like a motherfucker on the older content. i know it wasnt 1080p in 2008 but theres no way it looked like this

nah it probably was crap then too.

in 2008 they just added good quality stereo and 720p but only if you uploaded in certain formats, most stuff was still 360 or maybe 480

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is one of my earliest favs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YwLQSTo_ow

i remember specifically that there was a clear very defined white pixel that kept popping into his right eye, our left. its all mushy now.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

THC posted:

you're a special kind of goddamn idiot if you wear headphones while riding a bicycle in a trafficked area

Same but for driving any motor vehicle with the windows up.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

yeah, once i ordered a dvd from play.com and then later saw a banner on some other site that tried to get me to buy the same movie, on play.com.

like, what the hell is the loving point?

and the banner just had multiple copies of the same movie, not other similar movies that i might like based on the movie i bought or anything.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Wheany posted:

yeah, once i ordered a dvd from play.com and then later saw a banner on some other site that tried to get me to buy the same movie, on play.com.

like, what the hell is the loving point?

and the banner just had multiple copies of the same movie, not other similar movies that i might like based on the movie i bought or anything.

was it speed?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
oh poo poo, the recommendations are spreading

recommended for you: the thing you are searching for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i listen to podcasts in one earbud while biking, dwi