Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Laughing at Pat accidentally letting slip he played far ahead. I'm glad Woolie called him out on it.

"Uh... I stopped at the next lamp. Promise"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For a split second, in the lootcrate video, you can see this incredible item is still for some reason hanging up on the wall even after all these months:

They will never, ever be rid of the Buscemi. Never ever.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Lootcrate is complete trash, at least they get paid for trying really hard to be hype for the bottom of the bin garbage in those boxes

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PlypCTMEA ashens is the only youtuber calling them out on the trash

Depths fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 1, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Depths posted:

Lootcrate is complete trash, at least they get paid for trying really hard to be hype for the bottom of the bin garbage in those boxes

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PlypCTMEA ashens is the only youtuber calling them out on the trash

Didn't Liam call the shirt complete garbage though?

I mean Matt may come in and prove me wrong but the entire vibe I got was them smiling through their teeth about it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean Matt may come in and prove me wrong but the entire vibe I got was them smiling through their teeth about it.

I get that vibe every time they've ever done a Lootcrate spot. I can't hold it against them though, I would have zero issues doing the same thing if I were in the same situation.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Oh man, I have that same Guardians of Sunshine shirt Pat is wearing. Further proof the small red-headed man has pretty good taste.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What is the lore behind "Liam vents"?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What is the lore behind "Liam vents"?

Liam's tiny slender body can get all up into shafts and tubing that the rest of the Best Friends couldn't possibly squeeze into.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Depths posted:

Lootcrate is full of cheap junk, but it's still fun to open it with someone and there's usually one knick-knack worth keeping. It's also under $15, what do you expect other than kiddie carnival prizes and lovely books?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

hoobajoo posted:

Lootcrate is full of cheap junk, but it's still fun to open it with someone and there's usually one knick-knack worth keeping. It's also under $15, what do you expect other than kiddie carnival prizes and lovely books?

The new Marvel crate had some alright stuff in it? It's more expensive than Loot Crate, and they've only done one so far though.

Lootcrate is basically going to be the first pancake - i.e. it will be fed to the dogs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Something bugs me about Cassie Cage. There's just this weird disconnect between her in-fight quotes (sassy, basically Johnny Jr.), and the story mode where she's way more reluctant (also incompetent until the endgame).
Anyway MKX was cool but there's just no way any other villain can live up to Shao Kahn's charisma.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
kotal would have been way cooler with two changes:

1) let him actually get to fry someone using his sun god powers, because that poo poo is better than anything Shao could do
2) don't have him personally invade Earthrealm to get beat up by the kombat kids. Also don't have him fight kung jin in the story unless the player is controlling Kotal. if he's this huge badass lording over outworld, sending out his really cool henchmen, and never fighting personally except to krush someone then he instantly becomes loving awesome. as it is he jobs twice because the protagonist can't lose a fight in MK story mode and never really does anything of note.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Swery did a couple of English language interviews with Klepeck and Gamasutra about PC D4. It looks like another season is in development, but its completion and release doesn't seem like a sure thing just yet. Also, D4 PC will be self-published as opposed to being a Microsoft joint, so, you know...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thank Christ the Xbone can't hold onto the exclusives that most people would actually want to play.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Mortal Kombat X's story was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what they do with the next game. I wonder if they'll get into the PS2 era stuff or go with something completely different.

Now that the story is over, I wanted to post some of the concept art for this game since I think it looks great.
http://imgur.com/a/ivL04
http://imgur.com/a/P3KFP
http://imgur.com/a/utFUf

Cassie and Jacqui went through a lot of different looks before settling on their final designs.

I also wish that we had gotten one of these Raiden designs in the game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
jesus christ did we dodge a bullet with cassie's design

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

jesus christ did we dodge a bullet with cassie's design

That middle one doesn't seem too bad, but those ones one the right are awful.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The pink haired one looks like something you'd see in DOA.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All the Cassie designs are pretty cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Laughing at how the playthrough in Bloodborne is getting more and more mean spirited. Pat yelling at Woolie for not giving him the stats he wants exactly how he wants it :allears:

I'm so bummed out that Woolie caves in for him.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Spoilers for Bloodborne LP: Pat is a little ginger bitch-baby

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Laughing at how the playthrough in Bloodborne is getting more and more mean spirited. Pat yelling at Woolie for not giving him the stats he wants exactly how he wants it :allears:

Yeah. Man imagine if this was a Pat-Liam playthrough instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Goth-punk robo arm Cassie is awesome you shut your mouths

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They're bickering like a married couple. Woolie being the bigger man is completely sandbagged by Pat's insistence on pressing the point further.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't help but feel like the log trap was karma kicking him in the nuts for playing ahead.

This really has been the week of Woolie hasn't it? I think I can count the minutes Pat's been on the controller on one hand.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the most bitterness I've heard in Bloodborne so far was Woolie loving up his sense of direction again, and Pat going in the most unamused way possible "What are you doing?".
I hope it doesn't get bad/worse between the two.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One video is gonna end in a gunshot

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Radio Paranoia posted:

They're bickering like a married couple. Woolie being the bigger man is completely sandbagged by Pat's insistence on pressing the point further.

If this was a DS1 LP they'd be divorced by now. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

And it'll be Liam! Leaping over the gun before it fires and into the videos from now on

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Or at least the meaty sound of black fist against pale, ginger flesh.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The real Bloodborne starts now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of Bloodborne, is the playthrough like... running together for anybody else? I'm having trouble watching it as it's released because I always forget immediately what they're doing and where they were last time. It might be because almost every area they've been through so far has looked the same as the last one maybe, but either way the whole thing is just a blur for me.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
woolie plays so god drat sloooooooooooooow

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

hubris.height posted:

:agreed:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should have an episode where Liam shows them how to properly play Souls games (balls to the walls aggression)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hubris.height posted:

Every time Pat takes the controller it's like surfacing for a breath.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Especially since END is even more negligible than a couple points in attack when shield stamina effectively doesn't exist anymore and it's not like Woolie's ever going to loving learn how to use the run button

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 1, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I do not get why Pat can't understand why Woolie is irritated with him at the beginning of ep25. It's like, dude, it's not the fact that you know things that are going to happen in the playthrough because you played ahead, it's the fact that both players explicitly declared at the beginning of the drat thing that they were going to hold off on playing ahead of the LP at all in general. The fact that Pat played ahead in the first place is why Woolie is mad at him and him going "but I stopped!!" doesn't mean anything when the place where he stopped is ahead of where the LP is!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Or at least the meaty sound of black fist against pale, ginger flesh.

Use the superman punch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Blind LP's of a game based around exploration of the unknown seems like a great idea since you get to really experience it and watch someone else do so as well for the first time but it's kind of marred here and there by the fact that the players can get lost or not know where to go and meander around doing nothing and arguing about what exactly to do.

I'm really enjoying the bloodborne LP but sometimes Pat can get too focused with seeing every corner of a room and he misses the big picture because he's so sure what he's found is TOTALLY a side area and then they don't double back for a few hours. Woolie's kind of got the opposite problem where he's just so slow about everything and does not know how to rush in or get much done. I didn't think they were gonna clear the way to Hemlock Lane because Woolie just kept trying to play a turtle game in a game that wants you to do nothing but constantly stab things.