Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao, if we're allowed to enter smirks as evidence in the "who is a racist" game Todd Starnes would be ranked next to some grand wizards.

To say nothing of the drop dead hilarious mid sentence cutoff on the justice/peace quote.

That "American Family Radio" family is pretty much how a KKK ran radio station would sound. I wish there was a way that these people would quit hiding behind a bible, and were put in the klan robes they seem to have much more in common with.

The average american being sympathetic to them based on them sharing a similar faith would drop to record lows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's kinda creepy how many people have been coming out saying that they literally want police to be immune to the law. Like I said earlier you have to be either a huge idiot or racist to believe Gray broke his own neck so they are making their views incredibly clear.

Also LOL since these are typically the types that say "well we have to believe in the system; you see the system didn't indict so you have to respect it" and are now crying huge tears since a bunch of obvious murderers are getting a trial to see if they are guilty (and still may not get punished).

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Radish posted:

It's kinda creepy how many people have been coming out saying that they literally want police to be immune to the law. Like I said earlier you have to be either a huge idiot or racist to believe Gray broke his own neck so they are making their views incredibly clear.

Also LOL since these are typically the types that say "well we have to believe in the system; you see the system didn't indict so you have to respect it" and are now crying huge tears since a bunch of obvious murderers are getting a trial to see if they are guilty (and still may not get punished).

Conservatism is open about wanting the mission of the police to be providing middle class white people with an environment free of criminality, not assisting the justice system and upholding civil liberties and legal protections. If the civil liberties of criminals are trampled so be it. Good, even, if that's the best way to prevent crime. They want the police to be murderous thugs, that's the goal. A few innocent black people dead here and there is just the cost of doing business, you can't make an omelet without cracking some eggs and all that

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 1, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The justice/peace quote was actually advocating the exact opposite of what he's implying too. She said (paraphrased but close), you bring the peace while I bring the justice, and I actually found it pretty eloquent and inspiring.

Its like quoting someone saying "I want more murder victims to be recognized and memorialized" as "I want more murder".

loving scum.

"You didn't post that"

- HUSSIEN 0Bummer

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The justice/peace quote was actually advocating the exact opposite of what he's implying too. She said (paraphrased but close), you bring the peace while I bring the justice, and I actually found it pretty eloquent and inspiring.

Its like quoting someone saying "I want more murder victims to be recognized and memorialized" as "I want more murder".

loving scum.

It's not sufficient to call Starnes an awful person. There's no fakeness about him like some of the others and you can see he's actually gleeful about being lovely to people. In another time he'd be burning suspected witches with a huge grin on his face.

What I'm saying is gently caress Todd Starnes

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah if you ever want to see Todd at the height of his powers go find that article where he was reporting on the facilities holding the wave of immigrant children and "sources" who said they were being prepped as lice infested biological weapons by literal brownshirts working for obama, to be shipped around the country on commercial flights.

It was so bad I was shocked that even Fox would publish it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hazo posted:

Yes hello I am an Imgur/redditor and I can't get enough of that hot hot police cock mmmnnnrgrrglgrgllgllll

also why can't the blacks just pull themselves together instead asking for it by being so uppity all the time??

http://imgur.com/gallery/VATK187/comment/406951224/1

This however, is good.

http://imgur.com/gallery/0OEPp

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Here's the video of Megyn Kelly being incredibly patronizing to the lawyer for the Gray family:

http://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2015/05/megyn-kelly-attacks-gray-family

Can't wait to watch her show tonight to see if she accepts the DA's decision fully. "Either you trust in the system or you don't", Megyn. ;)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah if you ever want to see Todd at the height of his powers go find that article where he was reporting on the facilities holding the wave of immigrant children and "sources" who said they were being prepped as lice infested biological weapons by literal brownshirts working for obama, to be shipped around the country on commercial flights.

It was so bad I was shocked that even Fox would publish it.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/20/fox-news-contributor-calls-out-todd-starnes-ant/198150

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/greta-van-susteren-blasts-fox-news-todd

I think a good portion of Fox News finds him to be a douche bag.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Right Wing Watch has documented every one of his ridiculous "Christian persecution" stories and seriously like 75-80% of them end up being completely fabricated and the rest are just ridiculously blown out of proportion. Todd Starnes is about on part with Charles C. Johnson when it comes to journalistic integrity.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know guys. I saw the Joker break his own spine in The Dark Knight Returns in order to frame Batman. And that was way back in 1996. Self spine breaking advances have surely been made.

Makes you think.

gently caress.

I just realized I meant to post 1986. I don't want my internet posting career to be ruined over this dumb typo and I certainly don't want my forthcoming expose explaining how easy it is to break your own back, how Freddie Gray was really the Joker and how this whole thing is really just a viral marketing campaign for Batman v Superman to be tarnished by it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No discussion about Starnes is complete without this

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I always read it as "They pooped on my hood..."

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Yeah me too, that gravy resembles bird poo poo pretty closely.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Sometimes a cigar is NOT just a cigar, I guess.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Is Starnes the Larry Cable Guy?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Spun Dog posted:

Sometimes a cigar is NOT just a cigar, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuQ9fk2UeT4

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

does todd starnes look like that nazi scientist from captain america helping red skull?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

joeburz posted:

does todd starnes look like that nazi scientist from captain america helping red skull?

Look up which Marvel Character that scientist guy was the fore-runner to and it is an apt comparison. Good eye.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

In addition to that picture, this picture:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

But don't you like the police Mr. Starnes?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Look up which Marvel Character that scientist guy was the fore-runner to and it is an apt comparison. Good eye.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Radish posted:

They're authoritarians, they've been raised to believe that certain types of authority are always right and should be revered. Police, the armed forces, their pastor, mom and dad and their good ol' common sense. These things can never be wrong and they should always be listened to unless they contradict one of their other personal authorities.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Mediaite is reporting that Fox just admitted Bob Beckel isn't on leave to recover from back surgery, he's at drug rehab for pain pills. I trust they will show him all the care and respect they afford to every other drug addict featured in their intrepid reporting.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You see Michael Moore (who he looks like a bit in that pic) is a fatty fat mc fat fatso fat.
But this guy is pure American Patriotic beef.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Michael Moore is like two of that guy, though.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
This dude always gives me a brief scare when I happen on Fox News and they cut to him without warning.

Charles Krauthammer

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
George Will looks like a friggin muppet.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

This dude always gives me a brief scare when I happen on Fox News and they cut to him without warning.

Charles Krauthammer

uh sorry thats red skull to starnes' arnim zola

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

George Will looks like a friggin muppet.

And Krauthammer looks like a Cardassian.

And I look like a Ferengi.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

The Daily Caller has really been on a roll lately.

quote:

A sports editor at the Daily Caller, the conservative news site run by pundit Tucker Carlson, described the Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby as "sexy" and said he "wouldn't mind being unrestrained in the back of Ms. Mosby's paddy wagon" in an article published on Friday.

Earlier in the day, Mosby announced her decision to charge six police officers allegedly involved in the case of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old Baltimore man who died from injuries sustained while in police custody.

In the Daily Caller article, headlined "Let's Be Honest: The Baltimore State's Attorney Is Kind Of A Smokeshow," sports editor Christian Datoc wrote:

Throughout the presser, the 35-year-old prosecutor managed to maintain a fiery, authoritative demeanor AND flashed some serious “crazy girl” eyes, a combination which — if truth be told — I found incredibly sexy.
Datoc also included a meme of a black actor with the text "drat girl."

And, he compiled tweets from users who also found her "hot" and Instagram photos in which the hashtag "#hotpoliticians" was reportedly used.

At the end of the article was the line: "I wouldn’t mind being unrestrained in the back of Ms. Mosby’s paddy wagon."

It was an apparent reference to the alleged way in which Gray was fatally injured. According to Mosby, Gray was handcuffed and shackled but unrestrained by a seat belt while he was being transported in the back of a Baltimore police van. As a result, she said, he suffered a "critical neck injury."

This article comes after Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson's brother, Buckley Carlson, faced heat for calling a woman a "whiny little self-righteous bitch." The comments, made about a spokeswomen for New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, were accidentally sent to the woman when Buckley Carlson was attempting to email his brother.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/marilyn-mosby-daily-caller-crazy-girl

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Good god,

Have the user comments at thehill.com always been frothingly authoritarian? I made the mistake of scrolling down after reading an article on Moseby charging the Baltimore officers and it was like freep.

VVVV Apparently, I've never really noticed before.

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 1, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I thought thehill was mostly patroned by GOP pages.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Charles Krauthammer

I'm glad to see Frankenstein's monster turned his life around. :)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

beatlegs posted:

The Daily Caller has really been on a roll lately.

Is there a way for me to slam my hand into my face so hard that it goes clear through my skull? This is important.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RareAcumen posted:

That's the one you were talking about?! poo poo, I thought you meant this one. http://imgur.com/gallery/BPryn
Imgur is filled with children who think "Perhaps... both sides are equally bad :dukedog:" is a cool and profound thing to say, and they fall all over each other to agree in order to get the imaginary points they're obsessed with. Then the libertarian shitheads who actually believe that statement (yet unwaveringly vote Republican) jump in as well. Seriously, every post even mildly making fun of Fox has the second or third highest post as WELL ACTUALLY CNN/MSNBC/BLAHBLAH ARE JUST AS BAD

This escapes that fate because there's not really a political spin to it so there's nobody jumping in to try and be high-school-objectivist edgy. It sounds thoughtful and elite so people can agree without having to take a stand. And even then it's not very hard to find someone who can't resist spouting dumb opinions and getting upvoted.

I love the confused guy though

Is ShitRedditSays still a thing? There should be one for Reddit's image host.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 2, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hazo posted:

Imgur is filled with children who think "Perhaps... both sides are equally bad :dukedog:" is a cool and profound thing to say, and they fall all over each other to agree in order to get the imaginary points they're obsessed with. Then the libertarian shitheads who actually believe that statement (yet unwaveringly vote Republican) jump in as well. Seriously, every post even mildly making fun of Fox has the second or third highest post as WELL ACTUALLY CNN/MSNBC/BLAHBLAH ARE JUST AS BAD
[...]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:ohdear:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Jebus - look how tight he's got that hat! His head must be tiny! Certainly explains a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:ohdear: :ohdear: