Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Picked up this double adjustment truss rod 22fret Warmoth neck for way too cheap. Stainless frets and mini sperzels. Tossed it on the Jazzmaster and put my VM up for sale.

I'm in love :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
I played in a goth band for a while that had 3 Roland KC-500s for just the keyboards, my SVT w/ a 2x12 was the lightest piece of gear. My thighs were mighty that summer.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Always using your own equipment is for chumps, gear share 4 life.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I bought this,

To put in front of o'l Tax Returnie,

I'm so dumb.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"LOL it's not even Orange!"

(this is a dumb joke)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Dr. Faustus posted:

"LOL it's not even Orange!"

(this is a dumb joke)

I approve. Also whenever I see a little Amp on a big Cabinet I think of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy doing fat man in a little coat.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

100% team tiny head/212 but my squatty stack is orange+orange like god intended.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Well, today was an expensive day.

It's god drat awesome.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I have literally never seen a 16 ohm cabinet.

Great-looking amp, though.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
Well, my mixing workflow just got a whole lot easier.

NOS MCU for $100, works great, sat in a box in a guy's closet after he couldn't figure out how to work it and never touched again :D

And all the poo poo to hook it up

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I have a strict "No Twins" policy in every band that I'm in.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

This is funny on ... wait for it ... two levels!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

*single tear rolls down cheek, begin taking everything back out of car*

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Timefactor

I've owned a shittonne of delays but never one of the high end does everything ones and I got a deal on this one because of a frankly insignificant chip in the casing.

In terms of sound quality it is very nice indeed, it has nice clean hi fi quality to the digital repeats that carries over to every mode.

To be totally honest though I'm not gonna saw the analog models are head and shoulders above some cheaper pedals I've tried, it's replacing an re20 and vox delaylab which had great tape and DMM sounds. Self oscillation is frankly way worse than the RE20.

Where it knocks it out the park though is versatility, any dumb feature you want is there, albeit inside is labyrinthine submenu. You can have a universal clock for tap tempo which is one of my big bugbears with some delays. I'm particularly enjoying the fact that having two separate delaylines means you can do creative stuff with it.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 3, 2015

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I got an amp!! Now I can play and practice and piss off my neighbors at the same time!

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 3, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Are those strings black? Nylon tapewound? Or is it a trick of photography?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

tarlibone posted:

Are those strings black? Nylon tapewound? Or is it a trick of photography?

They're Black. It's some anti-whatever coating.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dr-strings-bkb-50-black-beauty-heavy-bass-strings#productDetail

I like them alright, but they're a little bright for my taste. I'll probably try something different next change.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

tarlibone posted:

Great-looking amp, though.

Somebody hasn't shopped Orange cabinets then ;)

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Uhhhhhhhh

What?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

tarlibone posted:

Bass player spotted.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

iostream.h posted:

Bass player spotted.

Guilty as charged.

I see 8's all the time, and of course the average 8x10 has 4 ohms when hooked up in single-amp mode or whatever they call it (most can be split so you can run it as two 8-ohm cabs), but no 16s.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

tarlibone posted:

Guilty as charged.

I see 8's all the time, and of course the average 8x10 has 4 ohms when hooked up in single-amp mode or whatever they call it (most can be split so you can run it as two 8-ohm cabs), but no 16s.

A bassist who never had to hook everything up themselves because their guitarist was too drunk: a lucky bassist.

For reference, 16 ohm is the classic (ie, Marshall) 412. Four 16 ohm Celestions, paired off in series, then the two pairs in parallel.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

After The War posted:

A bassist who never had to hook everything up themselves because their guitarist was too drunk: a lucky bassist.

Yeah, I was lucky to have guitarists who set their own poo poo up. They didn't touch my stuff, and I didn't touch theirs. Life was good.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

They didn't touch my stuff, and I didn't touch theirs. Life was good.
I knew a guy who was a very good guitarist, in a pretty decent all-original band. The angriest I've ever seen him was the night after the practice when he was warming up and the lead singer walked over to his amp and rolled the volume off. No please or thank you, he just helped himself. Guy wanted to choke him out for it.

I know how he felt.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Why is it so hard for musicians to just communicate? I don't get it.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Dr. Faustus posted:

I knew a guy who was a very good guitarist, in a pretty decent all-original band. The angriest I've ever seen him was the night after the practice when he was warming up and the lead singer walked over to his amp and rolled the volume off. No please or thank you, he just helped himself. Guy wanted to choke him out for it.

I know how he felt.

Was it in this thread where I ranted about the sound guy who did this to me a few months back? I thought I had blown a speaker. Again.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Why is it so hard for musicians to just communicate? I don't get it.

Artistic competency.
Interpersonal skills.

Pick one.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i spend all my time posting on the internet and riding around seeing folks
maybe my new jazzmaster wishes id chose artistic competency

just changed strings for the first time since obama got re elected, did a quick and dirty set up just to get to playing tonight, this morning, whatever
the neck pocket looks like poo poo but i got it shimmed and tightened up and its playing pretty alright for being brand new to lefty with a mongrel set of 12s
cant wait to get the ashtray and a graphite nut and a good set of flats on and figure out how to get the bar to stay in
holy crap i finally got a jazzmaster!

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

what's up with the masking tape? As for the bar you just gotta push it in. I've sometimes had to put Jaguars and Jazzmasters on the floor and STEP (!!!) on bars to get them to push the teeth of the collet apart and grab onto them.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I think it's for protecting the headstock for nut work?

Also, upside-down Jazzmaster buddy! :3: :respek: :3:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
yeah, i taped up the headstock to file the old nut down, figured no use taking it off til after i put the new nut on cuz ill still need it then

what up monolith burger how you like my ketchup guitar? it goes with this funky old yellow tele ive always called mustard

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I nearly went for that colour, but eh, I already had a red guitar.

Not even sonic blue it is!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

figure out how to get the bar to stay in

Mine has the same trem unit, it's just brute force to do this, lock the trem and go for it, be firm but fair.
Also, I am going to order:

http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-bridge/

At some point soon so I'll keep you posted on that, as it is I got a bridge that reduces buzz already and it works, but I want to nerd out some more.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

monolithburger posted:

Artistic competency.
Interpersonal skills.

Pick one.

What is "ego," Alex?

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Mine has the same trem unit, it's just brute force to do this, lock the trem and go for it, be firm but fair.
Also, I am going to order:

http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-bridge/

At some point soon so I'll keep you posted on that, as it is I got a bridge that reduces buzz already and it works, but I want to nerd out some more.

Mastery bridge is awesome. It's made my Jazzmaster so much easier to set up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

firebad57 posted:

Mastery bridge is awesome. It's made my Jazzmaster so much easier to set up.

Ahh cool thanks, I was hoping a recommendation would appear, they look so good but you know how musical instruments and snake oil can be bed fellows!
Did you bother with the trem unit? I don't have any complaints but am interested.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
For the trem unit I had an AVRI Jag that was way too tight, I took it out and "gently* loosened the tabs on the collet with a phillips head screwdriver.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Remulak posted:

For the trem unit I had an AVRI Jag that was way too tight, I took it out and "gently* loosened the tabs on the collet with a phillips head screwdriver.

No worries, I've got a new American one for mine and it's great, just interested in case there's a big wow factor, I'll stick with what I have there.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

the mastery bridge looks neat, but i dont think its designed for use with a wound g string. however playing nice heavy strings i think the bridge cover i ordered should do the trick, the strings are pretty stable except when muting
the mastery vibratos cool and its funny that they removed the locking mechanism which always seemed like just another pita to get to during setup
i didnt even bother taking the vibrato off last night, i think thatll help with the arm issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Snagged a good deal on a used classic vibe.