Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

beepsandboops posted:

Maybe once you guys figure out the objective truth about Charlie Hebdo, we can finally settle whether Latuff is good or bad.

Better yet, we can determine whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rorus Raz posted:

I will take the unpopular opinion that they deserved to die, and at night I have trouble sleeping knowing that there are employees of Charlie Hebdo still at large.

Did I ever mention you're my hero?

Edit: A hotdog is a piece of meat balanced on some bread. You can add toppings to it. It could be considered an open-faced sandwich, if you really wanted to.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

"Is Edward beating on blond-haired white boys again? Better go give him a piece of my mind..."

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

zakharov posted:

Better yet, we can determine whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not.

The only people who don't think that a hot dog is a sandwich are the people I don't want to know :colbert:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rorus Raz posted:

I will take the unpopular opinion that they deserved to die, and at night I have trouble sleeping knowing that there are employees of Charlie Hebdo still at large.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wales Grey posted:

"It's part of our ~cultural traditions~" isn't a good argument for or defense of anything.

ahahah get hosed

Xanderkish posted:

Probably also helps to ask exactly which French people we're talking about, since to say it's not offensive to French people might be like saying Mad Magazine isn't offensive to Americans. Some people (sixth graders, from my experience) like it, others think it's poo poo. So maybe some French people might like them, but what about others? And what about, say, black French people, whose members of their race are the one being caricatured?

I have discussed the events with quite a few people (of several ethnic and religious background), and I haven't heard any black person say that they ever felt offended by CH, for what it's worth.

edit : vvvvv the words of a wise man

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 1, 2015

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It makes sense that French humor is crude and offensive, just like the French themselves.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Regardless of what you think of him, Latuff will be good for at least drawing rad poo poo like Sammy Krueger or Obama blood-surfing on a coffin (presumably after opening the blood gates).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Look at that kids arm, he's being taken over by the symbiote!

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

ahahah get hosed

Look man, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your argument but "it's part of our culture" and "it's a tradition" are both lazy cop-out deflections. You didn't even try to work the importance of free speech in a democratic society or the cultural utility of vulgar satire into your argument. I agree that outside shouting "fire" in a crowded theater or similar situations, freedom of speech and press and assembly are vital for democratic governance, but "it's tradition" isn't an argument that should ever be used to defend it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xanderkish posted:

So Just-World type thinking. I always wondered why people liked to think in those terms. I always figured it was just not wanting to realize the world was more hosed up than you wanted to think it was, but I dunno, maybe there's other reasons too.

I don't know about other people, but I know in my case, my coworkers are straight up racists who honestly believe any negative trope they hear about black people.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

beepsandboops posted:

Maybe once you guys figure out the objective truth about Charlie Hebdo, we can finally settle whether Latuff is good or bad.

Charlie Hebdo is as racist as Latuff is anti-semetic

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's some recent covers from before January 6th. So very racist!

Yeah, that's not loving disingenuous at all. I could post some non-racist Bish or McCoy cartoons so I guess they're not racist either. gently caress off.

e: I'm aware that it was an ostensibly left-wing magazine and often espoused anti-racist attitudes. Tough poo poo, racist poo poo is still racist poo poo. The thread doesn't let Horsey off the hook when he draws some racist poo poo about Muslims, even if he is one of the "good guys".

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 1, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Latuff for Stealth Thread Hero.

That's the first take on Toya Graham that's actually been good. Finally.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

joeburz posted:

Charlie Hebdo is as racist as Latuff is anti-semetic

as racist as a backwards weathervane.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Mallard Fillmore: Year One (September 26-October 1, 1994)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Haha holy poo poo the yellow eyes.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
drat those Iranians, stealing Syria's nukes!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The store is labeled four different things, and absolutely none of them make sense with the message. :psyduck:

e: Also good to know that Tinsley has always hated teachers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Haha holy poo poo the yellow eyes.
Ya gotta give me the fangs!

But...a beard is covering his whole mouth.

hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Syria was where Saddam was hiding the WMDs the whole time.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mister Beeg posted:

Mallard Fillmore: Year One (September 26-October 1, 1994)

Tinsely's burning hate for education and teachers has been remarkably consistent over the years.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nanomashoes posted:

Syria was where Saddam was hiding the WMDs the whole time.
This is honestly a thing conservatives have told me.

I think it came up again recently with the whole thing about Assad using chemical weapons.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

I know this isn't what I should be focusing on in this picture.. but I'm not sure that riot visor even covers wormbama's eyes. Not that they need protecting since they seem surgically shut, but I'm just trying to picture the kind of monstrosity that wormbama would need in order to cover all the way to his paper thin chin and ears attached at the mouth.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

So by including that in the weighting she wants American schools to somehow be ranked lower than last?

All those Tinsleys made me mad but this is just too confused and absurd to take seriously. All the labels, the crosshatching and the terrible metaphor, it's almost soothing to see Ramirez just be himself.

By the way, seeing this Bagley again, something obvious stuck out to me

They're wearing mirrored shades, so intentional or not, the kid is seeing himself as a criminal and the cop is seeing himself as a Klan member.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i think the real reason charlie hebdo happened so the thread could get suckered into debating WitchFetish

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Mellow Seas posted:

Yeah, that's not loving disingenuous at all. I could post some non-racist Bish or McCoy cartoons so I guess they're not racist either. gently caress off.

e: I'm aware that it was an ostensibly left-wing magazine and often espoused anti-racist attitudes. Tough poo poo, racist poo poo is still racist poo poo. The thread doesn't let Horsey off the hook when he draws some racist poo poo about Muslims, even if he is one of the "good guys".

You accuse other people of being disingenuous and then make that comparison? Horsey is not about doing satire and in no way could you read his unfortunate occasional racism as satirical.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

What the hell are these labels? Yemen, Syria and Iraq are all states in the country of Lebanon? Why is Iran a person and the others are all different stores or parts of the same store?

What?

Huh?

These are the questions this cartoon inspires within me.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What the hell are these labels? Yemen, Syria and Iraq are all states in the country of Lebanon? Why is Iran a person and the others are all different stores or parts of the same store?

What?

Huh?

Ramirez clearly wants most of the Middle East to be subsumed into Greater Lebanon. A Lebanese Nationalist Cartoon.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Lord Hydronium posted:

The store is labeled four different things, and absolutely none of them make sense with the message. :psyduck:

I wish I had skills with photoshop and giffing, because all I want to do is make a gif where progressively more labels of random countries are added on to random objects until the labels take up the entire screen. And then add in a pants donkey for good measure.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Monaghan posted:

Tinsely's burning hate for education and teachers has been remarkably consistent over the years.

If anything, his attitude towards teachers were much nastier 20+ years ago.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What?

Huh?

It seems pretty clear to me, that Ramirez is just worried about Iran stealing nukes from Lebanon.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I think this kid may like school a little too much...

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

What a loving mess.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

By Horsey's normal standards, this one is pretty falt. Normally his work has more energy than this.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
If USPS can deliver Bennett's hate mail, it can deliver anything :patriot:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

beepsandboops posted:

If USPS can deliver Bennett's hate mail, it can deliver anything :patriot:

YO UR CMTOO^
I^ IO D^4r ooA-UISP^ta
will m^Ik OU^t UAW
FOn tHE Bottom of
M DInD C^6fs

A pro-union letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Why do you hate the free market Tinsley?

• Locked thread