Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waluigi, Flame Rider, Wood Tires, Cloud Glider

It's not great for 200cc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I use Link on the Eponator (I don't give a poo poo that it's the Master Cycle in my region) with usually Cyber Slick tires and the Animal Crossing sail. For 200cc, I swap out the Cyber Slick tires for Animal Crossing and I do mostly alright.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
My normal setup is Bowser/Comet/Rollers and whichever glider puts acceleration on the line. That setup has the highest possible speed while still having a high mini turbo stat. Also inside drift :getin:

For 200cc I've been using the same setup with a baby because I'm a baby who sucks at cornering.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I've tried to beat the staff ghost for Ice Ice Outpost for like a full week and just can't do it!! Is there some trick to this level that I'm missing? The shortcuts don't seem to help much and somehow this ghost keeps catching up to me on straightaways!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
200cc: Light Blue Shy Guy, Jet Bike, Azure Roller, Cloud Glider
All Else: Donkey Kong, Jet Bike, Crimson Slim, Flower Glider

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Waluigi on the Jet bike with Triforce wheels and either the Bowser kite or Triforce glider, but this may have to change for 200cc because boy does that mess up the timing for inside drifts.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I briefly tried 200cc, it's fun but in the end I just went back to 150. If I wanted to brake I'd play a racing sim :colbert:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I mostly use Rosalina, Sports Coupe, Cyber Slick Tires and MKTV Parafoil.

Although for 200cc, I've been switching between Toadette, Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina (Despite making no sense as characters, I've grown attached to them for some reason).

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
50-150 cc - Large size Mii (usually either Jon Hamm, Bob Ross or Lemmy from Motorhead), Blue Falcon, Cyberslicks, Hyrule glider.

Since the latest DLC dropped, I've also been enjoying Dry Bower and his chrome skeleton trike thing with the above tires and glider. I haven't nailed down a load out for 200 cc, but generally somebody small in the kart that looks like an airship from SMB3. I like Shy Guy for the custom colour choice, but my Tobias Mii is also tempting.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Rosalina, orange sport bike, cyber slicks, bowser kite

only way to play.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:toot:

now what do I do with my life

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

Find a career. Find someone who makes you feel special. Live for a bit and then die.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kaubocks posted:

Nothing. Now you can die happy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I use Roy with the yellow coupe thing, Azure Roller wheels, and Hylian Kite. For 200cc I just switch to Isabelle.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
tonight I won 3 races in a row in an online 200cc room (12 mans) proving once and for all that I am the Michael Jordan of this game mode

#threepeat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My setup for a while has been Peach on the Sport Bike with Cyber Slick wheels and the Parasol. Might finally need a change cause it's not cutting it super well on these new courses.

Kaubocks posted:

I'll tell ya what you do, you come teach me how the gently caress to do even do that. Can't even beat Mirror Mode on the new stages cause loving Donkey Kong rubberbands on me on the Animal Crossing stage every single time.
This is crazy to me, great job dude

The rival system is strange to me, where depending on the character you pick, there will be two characters who will always be fighting you for first. I have gotten so tired of Donkey Kong and Toad and now hate them with a fiery passion.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Link/ Comet/ Red Slims/ MKTV Parachute

Haven't messed with 200cc much but finally finished 3 starring all the 150 cups and beating all of the NIN time trial ghosts. I'm loving terrible now with outside drift setups though.

Polo-Rican posted:

I've tried to beat the staff ghost for Ice Ice Outpost for like a full week and just can't do it!! Is there some trick to this level that I'm missing? The shortcuts don't seem to help much and somehow this ghost keeps catching up to me on straightaways!

I was stuck on this one for a day or two, finally beat it last night. I ended up not using any shortcuts, boosting on straightaway, and just taking good racing lines and not making any mistakes. Also, go a little off the best lines early to get coin count up.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Going back to 150cc

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

I laughed way harder than I should have at that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Moltrey posted:

loving Donkey Kong rubberbands on me on the Animal Crossing stage every single time

Animal Crossing was one of the harder tracks in 200cc. The course itself is pretty simple, though depending on what season you're in the ramps can be in real dickish locations that you really don't want to trick off of. The final S-turn is pretty tricky-- you want to pray Resetti doesn't show up on the left-hand side of the track, start wide, and take that first turn as tight as you can take it.

The hardest part is how hard the AI blatantly cheats on this stage. There's just something about this stage in particular where the AI will just take off directly in front of you and never give up that spot. I'm pretty sure I only won because eventually they got beaned with a blue shell and I managed to get a foothold in 1st place.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kaubocks posted:

I'm pretty sure I only won because eventually they got beaned with a blue shell and I managed to get a foothold in 1st place.

This is how I win every race.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Why did the game give me Mirrored and 200cc Grand Prix? I haven't even gone halfway through 150cc stuff.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There was an update today that now unlocks Mirror Mode and 200cc automatically for anyone that didn't already. So now every single difficulty is out from the get go.

Also I finally three-starred all the cups on 200cc and I feel powerful.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So can i get a full 3 star on 200CC and have it also give me the same for everything else?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Dizz posted:

So can i get a full 3 star on 200CC and have it also give me the same for everything else?

I believe that should be possible. If it didn't that would be dumb (though I could understand for Mirror Mode).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dizz posted:

Why did the game give me Mirrored and 200cc Grand Prix? I haven't even gone halfway through 150cc stuff.

You only need to have all gold on any category.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is there a way to play Time Trials on 200cc?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reiley posted:

Is there a way to play Time Trials on 200cc?

Nah, it's locked to 100

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ok I give up on Wario and the Sports Bike, and all Speed oriented builds because this poo poo doesn't help, especially when every last lap revolves around me getting hit with one thing and everyone managing to get ahead of me and immediately causing chaos.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, it's locked to 100

Really? I assumed it was locked to 150? I spent the last week doing 4 time trials and then immediately playing that cup in 150 for 3stars and my mind will seriously be blown if they were two different classes, it definitely felt the same.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I use Waluigi/The Duke/Cyber Slick/Wario Glider for maximum rep.

Saints 4 lyfe!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is Online VS race really limited to 100cc or whatever? because it's putting me to sleep.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Dizz posted:

Is Online VS race really limited to 100cc or whatever? because it's putting me to sleep.

It is for "Worldwide" or "Regional". You can set custom rules though and play against whoever else set those same rules.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Apparently, Stars make you go so fast you bounce over the boosts at the end of Mt. Wario at 200cc.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That last part of Big Blue makes me hate that track so much.

You all know what I'm talking about.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
There needs to be an "I'm sorry, I didn't deserve that win" emote. But make sure it's sincere and not snarky sounding.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

"I'm using tilt controls" should cover that.

edit: Jesus, I just feel dirty when I get Triple Red Shells in a 2 player race.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 2, 2015

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I believe that should be possible. If it didn't that would be dumb (though I could understand for Mirror Mode).

Nope, 200CC and Mirror both don't unlock the previous things. Makes sense though, they all play quite differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I use Isabelle, City Tripper, Metal Tires and the Flower Glider for maximum cuteness.

Other times I use Cat Peach, Standard Bike, Metal Tires and MKTV Parafoil.

• Locked thread