Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Six Fury Road clips and a B-roll: http://io9.com/watch-over-20-minute...dium=socialflow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Owns owns owns owns

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

effectual posted:

Also I read some youtube comments about Road Warrior and apparently the original cut for Australia had a few more scenes. Is it worse than the American cut?

OH OH OH I GOT THIS!!! :whatup:

There's the original Australian movie, titled Mad Max 2, basically this same cut is what the rest of the world got except the US.

The US got The Road Warrior, all of the scenes are the same, however instances of bloodier violence are slightly cut short. Like when the decaying body falls out of the rig Max is exploring at the beginning, in the original cut it lingers on the body longer. When Wez pulls the arrow out of his arm it's a little bloodier and longer. The scene where the woman is raped at the beginning is edited, but oddly all of the content is the same, just the order in which we see Max and the Gryo Captain spying on the marauders vs. what they see is slightly different.

Finally, it actually has LESS dialogue, with some characters edited to just be silent (Max doesn't say "crap" to the Gryo Captain as an example, which is actually kind of awesome because it means Max doesn't say a single word til like twenty minutes into the movie). This version of the movie is what was available in the US on VHS and DVD as well.

Now, when The Road Warrior was then edited for tv, things are actually VERY different. Since the movie is pretty violent overall, it's sort of like Repo Man's tv edit where instead of editing what was there, in many cases unused alternate shots of the same scene are used if they obscured content more. Like in the tv edit you don't see the naked pinup girl on the Gyro Captain's vehicle at the beginning because when Max approaches it, and entirely different overhead shot is used. There's even this nonsense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGglx8Tf8Do

This version is the "lost cut" some people refer to. It's honestly not worth watching except as a curiosity (much like how Repo Man's initial tv edit is an incoherent compilation of unused scenes because it had too much profanity to quickly edit out to air), and I think you can see basically every alternate scene on Youtube now anyway.

BUT!!! When the movie was then later aired on ***WPIX 11 NEW YORK'S NUMBER ONE MOVIE STATION*** in the late eighties it was actually another different cut! This one has the original intro intact, and while it still several shots edited to obscure nudity along with the initial Road Warrior theatrical cuts, it's much better than the original tv edit. This was the version I taped onto a VHS and watched as a kid forever and ever.

Finally, there was a twentieth anniversary re-release of the movie in the US on VHS. This version of the movie is still called The Road Warrior, but is actually the Australian cut of the movie full intact, along with for no reason a slightly longer scene of the woman at the beginning being raped. Technically this is the only fully 100% uncut version of the movie I guess. It also has a making of featurette at the end of it that IIRC is not on any other release of the movie.

Fortunately you don't have to actually worry about this since after several sub par releases, we finally got a decent blu-ray of The Road Warrior in 2007. This one was then SLIGHTLY upgraded technically and released as part of that trilogy in 2013, it's now standard release of the movie everywhere. It is the original Australian cut, Mad Max 2 title card and all.

Since the release of the trilogy box set in 2013, the movie is now officially called Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior so everyone wins.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

The editing in this clip is kinda weird and choppy.

Still, :circlefap:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hugh Keays-Byrne walking around shouting "you look amazing!" at 8:10 in the B-Roll is awesome.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can't wait for this movie. Most anticipated

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Nux: He looked at me! Immortan Joe looked at me! :circlefap:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That b-roll is awesome. I love behind the camera stuff like that and there's 18min of it!

Reposting it so more can see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatTUJT0Kxg

[edit] that fuckin car with tank treads :fap:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Yeah I was just eating it up. It spoils a lot of stuff; you can pretty much see how the whole movie will play out. Still, it is so awesome how much actual chase scene was filmed actually having dozens of vehicles barreling down in the desert. Coordinating that without having anybody get killed for reals must be nuts.

Another nice thing is you can see how little CG they used. Some green screens (probably for sandstorms and stuff) and Imperator Furiosa's cybernetic arm. But that's it. The rest seems to be practical effects, with vehicles really rolling, stuff really exploding, etc.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

The editing in this clip is kinda weird and choppy.

Still, :circlefap:

They've clearly cut all the shots of the bullets hitting the bikers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Panfilo posted:

Yeah I was just eating it up. It spoils a lot of stuff; you can pretty much see how the whole movie will play out. Still, it is so awesome how much actual chase scene was filmed actually having dozens of vehicles barreling down in the desert. Coordinating that without having anybody get killed for reals must be nuts.

Another nice thing is you can see how little CG they used. Some green screens (probably for sandstorms and stuff) and Imperator Furiosa's cybernetic arm. But that's it. The rest seems to be practical effects, with vehicles really rolling, stuff really exploding, etc.

Yeah that stood out to me too. Like in some scenes where they had a ton of junker cars in a shot it'd probably be tempting for them to to cgi a few of the cars in some way but no, they just had a ton of real super awesome junker cars in that desert and they were all working and then they blow a bunch of them up :allears:

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

A cinema near me is playing Mad Max 1 and 2 back to back tomorrow evening. I have never seen either, and now I get to see them for the first time on the big screen. I am so hyped for this

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mustard Snobbery posted:

A cinema near me is playing Mad Max 1 and 2 back to back tomorrow evening. I have never seen either, and now I get to see them for the first time on the big screen. I am so hyped for this

I envy you.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Panfilo posted:

Nux: He looked at me! Immortan Joe looked at me! :circlefap:

That clip is cool. Shows they are keeping some of the tongue in cheek comedy the two previous movies had.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I just got free passes for this movie tomorrow!

...but I'll be out of the city and can't use them :(

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I just got free passes for this movie tomorrow!

...but I'll be out of the city and can't use them :(

If the city is NY pick a place I will take them. :P

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Just rewatched Mad Max 2 and 3 yesterday. God drat they are sweet movies. Havent seen them since i was a kid. The stunts they do are absolutely crazy.

Also the intro music to Mad Max 2 is just fricking awesome in a way only possible for 80s stuff to be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNfDZB_bwQ4

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks to an interview with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for Esquire, Fury Road is going to have an unique feminist bent, probably even more than other post-holocaust films.

quote:

Did you and George have a real world reference point for how to play that scenario? That takes delicacy.

We were so lucky that George arranged for Eve Ensler, who wrote the Vagina Monologues, to fly in and work with us girls for about a week. We did extensive research with her. Eve herself has had a very intense life. She's spent time in the Congo working with rape victims and women who have had unthinkable things happen to them through the power of men's hands. We were able to pick her brain for a week. She told us the most tragic stories I've ever heard in my life, which gave us so much background to our characters. We really wanted to kind of showcase that. It was a privilege to have her around to make these characters something more then just five beautiful girls.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Neo Rasa posted:

If the city is NY pick a place I will take them. :P

Sorry, it's Toronto.

Young Freud posted:

Thanks to an interview with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for Esquire, Fury Road is going to have an unique feminist bent, probably even more than other post-holocaust films.

That's awesome.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The fuckboy outrage over the :argh: feminist agenda :argh: in this movie ought to be pretty entertaining.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
The only thing that would make me happier than this being an amazing movie, would be if it's an amazing movie that neckbeard MRAs hate.

DirtyCheeseburgers
Apr 15, 2003

College Slice

LesterGroans posted:

Sorry, it's Toronto.

Sorry, I don't think you have PM - but I could definitely use these tomorrow if you still have them.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

TerminalSaint posted:

The only thing that would make me happier than this being an amazing movie, would be if it's an amazing movie that neckbeard MRAs hate.

Some chucklehead earlier in the thread copped to being a gamergater, so it should be pretty funny to see whatever poutrage may come of this.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

The fuckboy outrage over the :argh: feminist agenda :argh: in this movie ought to be pretty entertaining.

Oh god I'm subbing to this thread just to read this. Why does nerd fandom attract such awful people.

(trick question, everything attracts awful people)

I have to say this movie has some of the best trailers for anything I have ever seen. It's like he piped pure essence of Stupid poo poo I Love onto a screen. Can't wait.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

On a random note I hope there's a couple of homoerotic scenes with gang members. If there's no bondage gimps I'm gonna be sad.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

On a random note I hope there's a couple of homoerotic scenes with gang members. If there's no bondage gimps I'm gonna be sad.

Our first discussions about this movie in my group of friends was 'YESSSS, LEATHER BONDAGE IN THE DESERT'.

It's the mark of a good movie/game/book/anything really.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010

Caustic posted:

Vehicle showcase is up. Some great looking designs and a little bit of lore in the descriptions:

http://vehicleshowcase.madmaxmovie.com/

Is Buggy #9's gun a giant Uzi? Awesome :buddy:
I would have really liked to get a look at the bikes, but I ain't complaining.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Looks like a big rear end harpoon to me :yarr:

Jynetik
May 1, 2015
The coolest thing about the vehicles in this movie is that all of those over the top goofy looking engine mods are functional. Those ridiculous 3 pipe blowers, the towers of superchargers, the long exhausts, the exposed belts, all functional. That is not just movie-cool, that is mechanical engineering cool, I really hope they do an interview with the people that built these cars because they have so much of a spotlight they are characters themselves.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Is that the new shitlord?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Shoehead posted:

Jesus Christ look at this guy

edit: why does he even need scopes on his mp5s? :v:

Look at the production footage video, he turns up for a time near the end, his eyes are fine and he has some sort of goggles on his head, I am thinking he ends up that way (fucken blind bro) and goes mental during the course of the movie.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Caustic posted:

Vehicle showcase is up. Some great looking designs and a little bit of lore in the descriptions:

http://vehicleshowcase.madmaxmovie.com/

The Ploughboy.

An EH wagon jac_WRONG

That's EK, poo poo, they don't even look the same...

EK Wagon:

EH Wagon:

We finally get a chance to show the world our classics and they can't even label them properly... *sigh*

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

LesterGroans posted:

Sorry, it's Toronto.

That's awesome.

dude, if the other dude doesn't take you up on it, email me at bumpercity88 at gmail.com. I'll take em off ya.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

am0kgonzo posted:

I think there's a difference, but fuckboy routinely applies to the #notallmen children as I understand.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

am0kgonzo posted:

No, it's just... another insult that isn't a slur. :confused:

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

No, it's just... another insult that isn't a slur. :confused:

It would be really bad if someone got offended by an insult.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I just got tickets to an early showing on saturday with a Q&A with George Miller and Hugh "Toecutter" Keays-Byrne afterwards! :aaaaa:

Anyone have any ideas for questions cause I have jack poo poo

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ParanoidInc posted:

I just got tickets to an early showing on saturday with a Q&A with George Miller and Hugh "Toecutter" Keays-Byrne afterwards! :aaaaa:

Anyone have any ideas for questions cause I have jack poo poo

Ask if the two Babe movies are in the same cinematic universe as the Mad Max films given Thunderdome's reverence for pigs.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Ask if the two Babe movies are in the same cinematic universe as the Mad Max films given Thunderdome's reverence for pigs.

This is a legit great question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

This is a legit great question.

If he says yes, follow up with "Did Babe's animal revolution cause the downfall of society leading up to Mad Max?"

• Locked thread