Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bush should be running out of the store with oil cans nestled between his arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TK-42-1 posted:

YO UR CMTOO^
I^ IO D^4r ooA-UISP^ta
will m^Ik OU^t UAW
FOn tHE Bottom of
M DInD C^6fs

A pro-union letter.

Sent to:

PFPSOML BERRETT
C/O CARTTNNOBN
TIMRI FREF
4UU R HTUSIPNE P
CHATTAMOCA, TN 37Y03

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Saint Sputnik posted:

So by including that in the weighting she wants American schools to somehow be ranked lower than last?

All those Tinsleys made me mad but this is just too confused and absurd to take seriously. All the labels, the crosshatching and the terrible metaphor, it's almost soothing to see Ramirez just be himself.

By the way, seeing this Bagley again, something obvious stuck out to me

They're wearing mirrored shades, so intentional or not, the kid is seeing himself as a criminal and the cop is seeing himself as a Klan member.

If anything this reminds me of those weird Sonic the Hedgehog mono-eyes.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Lemming posted:

I will compare Hillary Clinton to noted person everything thinks is worthless garbage, Sir Edmund Hillary, famous explorer, mountaineer, and philanthropist.

I don't see "multiple Pulitzer winner" anywhere in there. Check and mate libtard. :smug:

Are the duck and his Old Fashioned just straight copy-pasted from the previous comic? I feel like I've seen that "waiter" in an earlier one, too...

alnilam posted:

I feel like a lot of people are like "i saw a couple of cartoons from them, I didn't really know what they were about but they seemed pretty racist." Earlier itt someone French did a really good rundown of the last pre-attack edition of CH, as well as gave some context for some of their more racist-seeming cartoons. You should read it before you judge.

Focusing on the one magazine feels a bit like missing the forest for the trees, IMO. "Draw Muhammad" cartoons in general just don't tend to be very good, no matter where they're coming from or who's making them, from what I have seen.

However, that "he drew first" cartoon made in response to the CH attacks was genuinely fantastic.

Ugh.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

TOLY NO! Insult not the Zedlord! You will never be allowed into the paradise of the FuckBarn, where many asses can be plowed without fear of getting someone pregnant with a little terrible cultural stereotype!

I will say a prayer for Anatoly this night to deliver him from the NoPenis of the Obummer and bring him to the heaven he deserves, where there are bountiful asses as far as the eye can see, and he can drink the ethanol in his heli's engine fluid without having to treat it.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Dimebags Brain posted:

It makes sense that French humor is crude and offensive, just like the French themselves.

When I was 13 visiting family in Paris my parents lied about my age to get me into a show at the Moulin Rouge.

They said I was 12 to get the children's discount ticket.

:france:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

A GTA 5 cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
All I can get out of this is that justice is going to negligently homicide the cops the same way they did to that guy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rorus Raz posted:

Ya gotta give me the fangs!

But...a beard is covering his whole mouth.

hmmmmmmmmmmm....
I think its been a while since those Onion Stan Kelly "Behind the Pen" videos, but they really are great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aDIY8OJog
Man Onion was really on a roll with their youtube stuff a couple of years ago

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

HELL YEAH

Wait is this for, against, or neutral towards the event depicted here?

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq6Bjx9twMI

I imagine this is the tone of Ramirez muttering to himself as he draws yet another dude from Iran as a yellow-eyed demon.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 2, 2015

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Sent to:

PFPSOML BERRETT
C/O CARTTNNOBN
TIMRI FREF
4UU R HTUSIPNE P
CHATTAMOCA, TN 37Y03

duzbuns hopsit pfarrmsc

(I'm pretty sure someone has already invoked this, but I don't care)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Even by the typical standards of Ramirez this is absolutely loving atrocious and fails on every conceivable level.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

CaptainCarrot posted:

duzbuns hopsit pfarrmsc

(I'm pretty sure someone has already invoked this, but I don't care)

A little while ago, but Pratchett references are always welcome.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

achillesforever6 posted:

I think its been a while since those Onion Stan Kelly "Behind the Pen" videos, but they really are great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aDIY8OJog
I can't really get into those videos due to the molester voice. I'm sure the voice is based on whatever cartoonist Kelly is modeled after, but it's way too creepy for the character.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Xander77 posted:

I can't really get into those videos due to the molester voice. I'm sure the voice is based on whatever cartoonist Kelly is modeled after, but it's way too creepy for the character.

I think you may be reading into things just a tad.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Thanks for copy pasting the top comment on that video forums poster Xander77.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They only did like six or so of those Behind the Pen videos back in the summer of 2012.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Just some good, close friends who didn't bother to ask the people who moved countries for them what they named their newly born first child until they had something they wanted from them.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:wtf:

He even quotes the mom "I don't want him to be another Freddie Grey" (ie, be murdered by cops for no reason) and he thinks the problem here is that America's moms aren't stern enough to prevent murder?

vvvvv
Man, say what you want about his hate-filled 90s cartoons, at least they had jokes and weren't just "old man rants about the latest mild annoyance in his life"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 2, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Xander77 posted:

Kelly is way too focused on his bitch wife to be a molester

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I went on Google to figure out what he was talking about, and the first couple hits after dictionary and stuff were things like "'Celebrity Apprentice' a bit of a misnomer" and "Cybersecurity: A Misnomer?", which appears to be the correct meaning, according to him. I have no clue what he is on about this time.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

VitalSigns posted:

:wtf:

He even quotes the mom "I don't want him to be another Freddie Grey" (ie, be murdered by cops for no reason) and he thinks the problem here is that America's moms aren't stern enough to prevent murder?

Funny that he doesn't mention something else she said:

quote:

We don't know where those mothers are at, a lot of mothers have to provide for their children

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Iran will put themselves at risk by running around with a bomb to avoid it going off around innocent civilians until they can dispose of it where nobody can get hurt. A Batman cartoon.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Adequate posted:

Even by the typical standards of Ramirez this is absolutely loving atrocious and fails on every conceivable level.

It's not just terrible, it's fractally terrible. Zooming in on any specific point reveals a detail exactly as terrible as the cartoon on the whole.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Hey guys, I found a fresh new cartoon about Baltimore!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

This is the worst fuckin' political cartoon I've ever seen...

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

ANY. loving. DAY NOW.

Now I'm curious: what is the earliest "any day now" cartoon? It's gotta be from the early 80's at least, if not the 70's.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Hey guys, I found a fresh new cartoon about Baltimore!

Did the Marmaduke guy draw this?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Still got the Florida license plate on that old rustbucket, I see

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
The cartoonist is Charles Brooks, who died in 2011 at the age of 90. He edited those "Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year" books until his death.

Note that the newspaper is Birmingham News. That should tell you all you need to know.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Mister Beeg posted:

The cartoonist is Charles Brooks, who died in 2011 at the age of 90. He edited those "Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year" books until his death.

And boy, was that a dishonest title for a book, if there ever was one.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

how do people not realize yet that Ramirez makes these cartoons indecipherable on purpose so people read into them things that aren't there?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Venom Snake posted:

how do people not realize yet that Ramirez makes these cartoons indecipherable on purpose so people read into them things that aren't there?

Because he repeatedly fucks up simple metaphors too.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

He's not making rorschach tests, he's just really bad at what he does.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Deep Hurting posted:

And boy, was that a dishonest title for a book, if there ever was one.
It later came from light that he picked at least one cartoon from each artist who submitted stuff for inclusion, so yeah...

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Because he repeatedly fucks up simple metaphors too.

The whole point is to make it a clusterfuck to try and make it look deep

Cpt.Americant posted:

He's not making rorschach tests, he's just really bad at what he does.

yes, and people read deeper meaning into that bad cartoon.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

The whole point is to make it a clusterfuck to try and make it look deep

yes, and people read deeper meaning into that bad cartoon.

But is Ramirez doing that with intent, or is it just a byproduct of his ineptness? Are we seeing faces in a fake plastic puke prop, or a puddle of actual vomit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

inkblot posted:

ANY. loving. DAY NOW.

Now I'm curious: what is the earliest "any day now" cartoon? It's gotta be from the early 80's at least, if not the 70's.

'79 I imagine

• Locked thread