Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i'm probably dead if there is not howling laughter when this is posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Bug Squash posted:

What the gently caress is a gemsona?!

I feel like I'm having a stroke, Christ.

You know how bronies draw themselves as ponies and other disgusting poo poo like that which pops up in almost every other fandom? It's pretty much that.

I can't wait until furries get their hands on this to make horrible abominations of rocks and animals that make even less sense than armpit guns.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

pulp rag posted:

You know how bronies draw themselves as ponies and other disgusting poo poo like that which pops up in almost every other fandom? It's pretty much that.

I can't wait until furries get their hands on this to make horrible abominations of rocks and animals that make even less sense than armpit guns.

implying that the people who obsess over a childrens cartoon are not already hosed in the head

fun fact theres an sa thread on that show full of weirdos with brain problems

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

"hey those crystal gems from steven universe are neat I want to make one for myself :)"

BUG SQUASH: What. gently caress. Fcuk!!!! loving. Christ. These insane sjws. they know no bounds of depravity. i cna;'t udnerstands, by visong is blurring helrpt calal 911 ojn the sjwws.......

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hes right

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

corn in the bible posted:

implying that the people who obsess over a childrens cartoon are not already hosed in the head

Wasn't trying to by any means.

e: What I'm saying is I agree with you. People who obsess over anything are garbage.

pulp rag has a new favorite as of 22:13 on May 1, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I mean, hey, those animals are pretty cool and I just want to wear a plush suit resembling an animal. Nothing weird. Only an unreasonable person can be so mad about someone liking animals. Animals are good, you loving bigots. Why do you hate gays so much, huh?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

God forbid you discuss a TV show in the TV IV

You got a weird vendetta against cartoons man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In a thread that's about posting and laughing at weird fanart, Corn in the Bible seems like he's having the least fun. And that's the saddest thing.

Bug Squash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOKNggPh4Q

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

fun fact theres an sa thread full of weirdos with brain problems

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

We apologize for not having Officially Mandated Correct Fun.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Freudian posted:

"hey those crystal gems from steven universe are neat I want to make one for myself :)"

BUG SQUASH: What. gently caress. Fcuk!!!! loving. Christ. These insane sjws. they know no bounds of depravity. i cna;'t udnerstands, by visong is blurring helrpt calal 911 ojn the sjwws.......

I think I can be confused about people masturbating to minerals without being a bigot. I'm not judging here, get your rocks off however bro.

(I'll watch a loving episode of that show tonight and see what it's about. Settle down, I'm sure it's fun)

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

I think I can be confused about people masturbating to minerals without being a bigot. I'm not judging here, get your rocks off however bro.

(I'll watch a loving episode of that show tonight and see what it's about. Settle down, I'm sure it's fun)

"I'm making my own crystal gem because I'm 15 and on deviantart/tumblr" = "I'm literally pulling down my pants as we speak and jerking along to the theme tune" because of some ancient goon truth that people are incapable of enjoying anything unless it's fetish.

GOON WATCHING TELETUBBIES: the gently caress, why are these people inside their stomachs? is this some mpreg poo poo?? burn tumblr to the ground and salt the ashes

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Steven Universe is a cool tv show huh guys

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Steweed Smokeverse

DoctorWhat has a new favorite as of 01:39 on May 2, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Freudian posted:

"I'm making my own crystal gem because I'm 15 and on deviantart/tumblr" = "I'm literally pulling down my pants as we speak and jerking along to the theme tune" because of some ancient goon truth that people are incapable of enjoying anything unless it's fetish.

GOON WATCHING TELETUBBIES: the gently caress, why are these people inside their stomachs? is this some mpreg poo poo?? burn tumblr to the ground and salt the ashes

Post your gemsona

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Basically if you have anything with a large cast of characters who are differentiated by bright primary colors, special powers, and a personality trait or two, you're going to have people making whateversonas. See also: Sonic, MLP, Homestuck.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

fun fact theres an sa thread on that show is full of weirdos with brain problems

Fixed

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm shocked to know goons like a childrens cartoon that panders to the homosexual agenda

Pomp has a new favorite as of 01:34 on May 2, 2015

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Pomp posted:

I'm shocked to know goons like a childrens cartoon that pushes the panders to the homosexual agenda

but enough about jojo in the fanart thread

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Steweed Smokeverse

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I never knew goons could get this irrationally angry over people who watch a Pretty Good Cartoon Show.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Irrational anger is a cornerstone of goon-dom.

Equally, if the fans aren't terrible now they will be soon. So why not be the hate hipsters?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It's honestly taking effort to keep out the bad fandom poo poo. There are however, people who get mad at the idea of treating a morally complicated character as anything other than a Pure Innocent Flower Who Did Nothing Wrong.

I've seen some pretty neat gemsonas, but I think sooner or later most of them are going to run into the problem of contradicting canon or sharing a name with a canon character.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Gemsonas and goons, you say?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
More stuff from like a decade ago

my favorite so far

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Less arguing about Steven Universe, and more weird/awesome fanart.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Did you guys read the thread as usual and suddenly felt compelled to defend a cartoon you like? Because that's how it always starts, and you're lucky if it ends just with Hank the Chog.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Tastee posted:

I never knew goons could get this irrationally angry over people who watch a Pretty Good Cartoon Show.

I think people are just incredulous over adults who watch a child's cartoon show, have opinions about it, and then post about them on the internet.

What is this show anyway, some fat kid joins a lesbian coven?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Big Rock Lady Goku and her small squad of Rock Lady Rebels defended Earth from the evil Rock Lady Saiyans. Thousands of years later, Rock Lady Goku falls in love with some human schlub and gives up her life to have a son. Gay Pastel DBZ meets Adventure Time ensues.

It's a kid's show made by the Toonami-watching fangirl population now that they've grown up and gotten animation jobs. It's perfectly well-made but man oh man does it attract the worst kinds of people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

From what I understand, it seems to be pure, condensed tumblr.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

From what I understand, it seems to be pure, condensed tumblr.

In that it has a diverse cast? I guess. It's anything but preachy about it though.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Danger Mahoney posted:

I think people are just incredulous over adults who watch a child's cartoon show, have opinions about it, and then post about them on the internet.

What is this show anyway, some fat kid joins a lesbian coven?

they cry a lot too

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

it is okay to favor or disfavor a show but in the silly fan art thread you should at least use pics not words to express it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Less whining about people liking things you're not interested in, more fanart.

This is totally what happened in today's Jojo and Badly Drawn Crusaders is great.

vv The gently caress did I just say.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 04:41 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Big Rock Lady Goku and her small squad of Rock Lady Rebels defended Earth from the evil Rock Lady Saiyans. Thousands of years later, Rock Lady Goku falls in love with some human schlub and gives up her life to have a son. Gay Pastel DBZ meets Adventure Time ensues.

It's a kid's show made by the Toonami-watching fangirl population now that they've grown up and gotten animation jobs. It's perfectly well-made but man oh man does it attract the worst kinds of people.

Judging any sort of show or movie purely on it's fanbase is dumb criticism. And honestly, it's more like Sailor Moon except the lead character is a dude.

• Locked thread