Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

TL;DR: Stronger trusts, trust in high tier battlefields and voidwatch, and you get a 4th and eventually a 5th through rhapsodies progression.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

Someone got two of their characters permabanned, LM-31'd. Just a reminder to try to be safe when you are using stuff that is a bannable offense.

They are swinging the poo poo out of that banhammer. I just got a 3-day LM-11, likely a speeding ticket en route to voidwatch.

Note: bans apply to the SE ID, not the playonline ID. My wife's account is registered to my SE ID so we could use the same token and she's banned despite never having used PT.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

quote:

Players will be able to call forth alter egos in the following quest battles by progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions:

Shattering Stars / The Beast Within / Breaking the Bonds of Fate /
Achieving True Power / A Furious Finale / Survival of the Wisest

:raise:

Are the Rhapsodies quests all max level or are they level agnostic? I recently tried to get a friend to play this game but he got stuck on Maat and abandoned it. If the ability to summon for the limit breaks were possible when you actually need them, I might be able to convince him to try again.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

First missions I think they said were Shadow Lord level, aka, 50-60.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Hopefully you don't have to beat all the Abyssea or SoA storyline to finish Rhapsodies because lol gently caress that noise.

That said it would be really fuckin' rad if they finally added Bahamut as a summon.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hopefully you don't have to beat all the Abyssea or SoA storyline to finish Rhapsodies because lol gently caress that noise.

That said it would be really fuckin' rad if they finally added Bahamut as a summon.

SoA and Abyssea missions are really easy to do. SoA missions have bcnms that cap out at ilvl109, the rest are cutscenes and easy peasy quests. Abyssea is a huge pain, but you can solo most of it. Just beg and plead in goon ls or on the forums for help. When you complete the abyssea missions, you can fight a nm that can drop a twilight torque/mail/helm/robe/belt/dagger/scythe, and the rr atma. When you complete SoA missions you get to choose a nifty ring from a list of nifty rings, some more nifty than others.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Gammatron 64 posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46416-Questions-Regarding-the-Vana%E2%80%99diel-Project?p=546699#post546699

quote:

There are no plans to add Bahamut as an avatar for summoners. We would like to focus on adding new elements and adjustments to the current avatars.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

quote:

There are no plans to add Bahamut as an avatar for summoners. We would like to focus on adding new elements and adjustments to the current avatars.

From what I hear they're merging the summoner avatars with the old FF7 chocobo breeding system. You can actually get Bahamut by breeding Diabrir with Odimos to create dimofenod, then breed that with caitbuncle. Alexander must supervise not unlike a kosher rabbi. There are cutscenes that they force you to watch with an inventive recaptcha system.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Gruknor posted:

SoA and Abyssea missions are really easy to do. SoA missions have bcnms that cap out at ilvl109, the rest are cutscenes and easy peasy quests. Abyssea is a huge pain, but you can solo most of it. Just beg and plead in goon ls or on the forums for help. When you complete the abyssea missions, you can fight a nm that can drop a twilight torque/mail/helm/robe/belt/dagger/scythe, and the rr atma. When you complete SoA missions you get to choose a nifty ring from a list of nifty rings, some more nifty than others.

Ah, I thought I wouldn't be able to solo those. Okay, if they're really easy, I'll see if I can't beat them. I'm subbed to XIV right now as I flipped a coin between that and this, but I think I'm definitely going to dabble in this again in may during the free period at least.

I might play this game for 2 months every year for the past few years, but this was my first mmo, it's pretty close to my heart and it's giving me a major case of the sads to see it end, even though I knew it was inevitable. So many memories playing this lovely old game... :smith:

Eh, I'm all right with this. Didn't expect it ever.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Most of the SoA missions are cutscenes, but a few are bcnms. Most can be soloed with trusts, others can not. Rumor has it that the bcnm mobs cap out at ilvl109.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
I was able to duo the final stretch of storyline missions with a Paladin and RDM. Ironically, the final boss couldn't even hit me for more than 5 damage.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Even with major content ending I see it hanging on for at least two or three years beyond November just on inertia. They can do at least 4 server contractions to keep up whatever playerbase remains and I'm sure they'll ease requirements for REM to string subs along.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I'll be resubbing in a week or so with 2 accounts. Anything worth buying on the Quetz AH before tranferring servers to come back?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Did the devs ever mention if they were going to add an in-game achievement system?

I know titles have existed since the game started, but it would be cool if there was an easy in-game way to see what you've earned vs. what's still to be done, and the requirements for each.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

DizzyBum posted:

Did the devs ever mention if they were going to add an in-game achievement system?

I know titles have existed since the game started, but it would be cool if there was an easy in-game way to see what you've earned vs. what's still to be done, and the requirements for each.

They added an RoE version, but it's very barebones.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

DizzyBum posted:

The best way to see some of your in game achievements are to create an ffxiah profile with your character(s). You can list what missions you are on with each story/expansion/add on. I believe the xbox 360 version has a very bare bones achievement system. So if you have a 360, that might be another option.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
So for those that don't know major discounts for full game expansions and server transfers are going on for a bit. I had a question about the ultimate seekers edition from SE's store. There doesn't seem to be any mention about the chocobo shirt/beret. Anybody know if the version from SE's store come with those? My brother was possibly interested in giving this a go during the campaign.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Kithyen posted:

So for those that don't know major discounts for full game expansions and server transfers are going on for a bit. I had a question about the ultimate seekers edition from SE's store. There doesn't seem to be any mention about the chocobo shirt/beret. Anybody know if the version from SE's store come with those? My brother was possibly interested in giving this a go during the campaign.

It might not (I think all those codes expired, if they haven't, whatever) but with double xp/cp all month you should go 1-30 in about an hour or so anyway so who cares about the items.

Gruknor posted:

The best way to see some of your in game achievements are to create an ffxiah profile with your character(s). You can list what missions you are on with each story/expansion/add on. I believe the xbox 360 version has a very bare bones achievement system. So if you have a 360, that might be another option.

Real gamers have 1250/1250 on FFXI, a shameful gap in cheevos if you don't imo

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kithyen posted:

If you want, you can go as a job that can raise someone for whenever your friend dies. That way you can either be there as a power leveler or use trusts to heal/buff, and you can unlevelsync yourself to raise your dead friend. Trusts make leveling so much easier, even at low levels. Also, your friend is not a goon, but just let us know if he wants to join our LS. We can pretend he is a goon, but he can't be a fan of Justin Bieber. We are all rabid Justin Bieber haters, we get frothy at the mouth whenever someone mentions anything good about the bieb.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Kithyen posted:

I was curious about the same thing and figured what the hell, it's only :10bux: if it doesn't work out.

The version from SE's store only gives a code for the ultimate seekers edition itself. It does not also give codes for the shirt and beret.

The version from Steam (which, admittedly, costs way more) gives codes for all three.

In related news, I have an extra code for the ultimate seekers edition.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Vil posted:

I was curious about the same thing and figured what the hell, it's only :10bux: if it doesn't work out.

The version from SE's store only gives a code for the ultimate seekers edition itself. It does not also give codes for the shirt and beret.

The version from Steam (which, admittedly, costs way more) gives codes for all three.

In related news, I have an extra code for the ultimate seekers edition.

This is pretty odd, because I looked it up on the SE EU store, and:

Squeenix posted:

The Seekers Edition also comes with a code for the exclusive Chocobo Shirt and the Destrier Beret ingame items!

I guess SENA are asshats? (Buy the EU version!)

Edit: In related news, I now have an extra Ultimate Collection code, as well as a chocobo beret code! Doubt I can be arsed to twobox.

Valle fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 2, 2015

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
Yea I picked it up from SE's store but only the registration code came with it. Like most people have mentioned as quick as it is to level it's not that great of a loss.

I decided to put in a ticket to SE in regards to it as I read on reddit that they had to go thru support to get em. I'll just continue to play in the meantime. Created my character on Asura (Kithyen) but only been on long enough to setup my plugins. On that note being able to run at 60fps is like playing a whole new game.

Kithyen fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 2, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kithyen posted:

Yea I picked it up from SE's store but only the registration code came with it. Like most people have mentioned as quick as it is to level it's not that great of a loss.

I decided to put in a ticket to SE in regards to it as I read on reddit that they had to go thru support to get em. I'll just continue to play in the meantime. Created my character on Asura (Kithyen) but only been on long enough to setup my plugins. On that note being able to run at 60fps is like playing a whole new game.

Your in game name is Kithyen? Mine is Joobacca, I will get you a linkpearl to SAGoons ls. It is mostly afk goons, but we occasionally do stuff. The other night we did a yorcia weald alluvion skirmish.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002

Gruknor posted:

Your in game name is Kithyen? Mine is Joobacca, I will get you a linkpearl to SAGoons ls. It is mostly afk goons, but we occasionally do stuff. The other night we did a yorcia weald alluvion skirmish.

Thats correct. I'll probably be on later this evening running around outside windurst. Hope to see you all soon.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

They are swinging the poo poo out of that banhammer. I just got a 3-day LM-11, likely a speeding ticket en route to voidwatch.

Note: bans apply to the SE ID, not the playonline ID. My wife's account is registered to my SE ID so we could use the same token and she's banned despite never having used PT.

So in the process of trying to find out why my wifes account was also suspended, I got in touch with SE chat support. They couldn't say why I was suspended so I pushed it to try to get them to unsuspend my accounts. At the end I was like "okay fine then, i'm done with this poo poo support, cancel my billing". support guy responded with "your credit card information has been removed from your accounts"

He deleted the actual accounts.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So what you're saying is that SE support has actually gotten worse over the years?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Valle posted:

So what you're saying is that SE support has actually gotten worse over the years?

Only for XI, I guess.

I'm making a terrible mistake coming back to this lovely game and just transferred my character to Asura, so I guess I'll be bugging some goons at some point here, huh.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Fridurmus posted:

Only for XI, I guess.

I'm making a terrible mistake coming back to this lovely game and just transferred my character to Asura, so I guess I'll be bugging some goons at some point here, huh.

Please post your in game name if you want to join SAGoons LS, we afk because it is our job.

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys, Old school player on FFXI, just made a new account since it was $9.99 and felt like checking out the game again.

Holy junk, is it accessible to solo play now. I feel like I have a new appreciatin for the game now.

In game Character is Edgeworthy, on Asura

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Gruknor posted:

Please post your in game name if you want to join SAGoons LS, we afk because it is our job.

IGN is Fridurmus, same as here.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Ace Attorney posted:

Hey guys, Old school player on FFXI, just made a new account since it was $9.99 and felt like checking out the game again.

Holy junk, is it accessible to solo play now. I feel like I have a new appreciatin for the game now.

In game Character is Edgeworthy, on Asura

You can solo play most of the game. You just miss out on a lot of stuff. This game was created to be played with others. Trust npcs help make leveling easier, among other things. Joobacca, Brobert, Rukuka, Profiterole, these are four of the sackholders that can give you a pearl. So to maximize your chance of getting a linkpearl, /sea all <insertnamehere> and make a post with how long you plan to be on, and make another post when you log off(if you still have no pearl).

Loner-Assassin
Mar 18, 2008

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
Hey guys, Arcaron here, still putting around on Quetz, logged in and saw no one on ;_; What's the pop like on Asura, did a sea all yesterday on Quetz for a grand total of 400 or so.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Easily double. Also, transfers are half off right now.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Decided to play this game again. On Asura, as Krathlis.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Thanks for the subjob help guys. 1-22 in about an hour. If anyone needs to sync for low level reasons I'll be leveling my BLM tomorrow to 20/25. Can I get sandy and bastok trust guys by just going there to do the lvl 5 intro quests? Kupipi is ok but as a whm main it's redundant.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Musket posted:

Thanks for the subjob help guys. 1-22 in about an hour. If anyone needs to sync for low level reasons I'll be leveling my BLM tomorrow to 20/25. Can I get sandy and bastok trust guys by just going there to do the lvl 5 intro quests? Kupipi is ok but as a whm main it's redundant.

Yes, but i think you need a little bit of fame or rank to be able to finish them

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Yes, but i think you need a little bit of fame or rank to be able to finish them

Nope, with absolutely nothing you can just go walk there and get Naji from bastok and Excenmille from sandy. I did it earlier on Wallet before even handing in the subjob quest.

You must be rank 3 in your nation to get ayame/nana migho/curilla.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Nope, with absolutely nothing you can just go walk there and get Naji from bastok and Excenmille from sandy. I did it earlier on Wallet before even handing in the subjob quest.

You must be rank 3 in your nation to get ayame/nana migho/curilla.

Nice. Gonna death walk to Bastok and Sandy. Probably easier to do it from Jeuno?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Musket posted:

Nice. Gonna death walk to Bastok and Sandy. Probably easier to do it from Jeuno?

Do you have your Chocobo license yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Sarabutra zone line to Muhara is shorter but trickier to navigate without getting agro. Jeuno to Bastok/Selbina is much longer but safer if you're mindful... I'm assuming you're a Windhurst char and did the Muhara subjob? How did you get to Jeuno?..

Maybe I'm not remembering something; in the way too many times I've started new chars, I always started in Bastok and did the Selbina subjob quest. But you should have the Selbina homepoint. So you should port there and use that as your start point and run to Bastok then port back to Selbina and run to Sandoria.

...If you haven't run to Jeuno yet, be sure to get the wildly flapping books next to the FoV books at outposts and in random locations in zones without outposts. I think they're called survival guides? in anycase, they let you port between them for 500g and basically let you ignore who owns outposts. Most importantly for the trip to Jeuno, is that there are 2 on the way that you can use as checkpoints. One at the outpost that is usually monster owned in Pashhow and another near the zone line between Konschtat and Valkrum.

Also remember that all things that you can teleport to and from are visible on the map, now.