Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I finally remembered to turn on Shadowplay and make the video I've been constantly surprised nobody else has made. I think I captured the Killing Floor experience pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Section Z posted:

Which part of medic armor spam has to do with the quality of their guns though?

none of it, i was just saying their perk that adds armor when healing is really really good

They can use any other perk weapon and be effective. The game designers wanted it to be like that this time around. They didn't want using a weapon off perk to be a huge disadvantage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

I finally remembered to turn on Shadowplay and make the video I've been constantly surprised nobody else has made. I think I captured the Killing Floor experience pretty well.

Thank you.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
If the developers want to up the gore level, they should have the MEAT system incorporated with the players. So if you get killed by a scrake you get cut in half, beheaded etc

It'd be badass to be running from a mass of zeds and see your teammates fall in the most horrific ways

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Ramsus posted:

If the developers want to up the gore level, they should have the MEAT system incorporated with the players. So if you get killed by a scrake you get cut in half, beheaded etc

It'd be badass to be running from a mass of zeds and see your teammates fall in the most horrific ways

I think it actually might be, at least to some extent. I know one time I got killed super hard and before I got kicked out of first person my view bounced off the floor and a wall in a way that really made it look like my head was flying around.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Opposing Farce posted:

I think it actually might be, at least to some extent. I know one time I got killed super hard and before I got kicked out of first person my view bounced off the floor and a wall in a way that really made it look like my head was flying around.

I've seen a lot of teammates die and haven't ever seen then fly apart in any way. You can however ragdoll hard sometimes.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 2, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I finally gave Berzerker a try now that I know what the gently caress I'm doing and it was surprising how quickly you can drop a Skrake with parrying and alt-fire on the hammer. It seemed like a more worthwhile weapon than the Eviscerator at the default weight limit. Does that strategy scale up well to Hard and beyond?

Commando was fun too with the ability to pick apart a Skrake's head from afar with the SCAR-H, though I couldn't figure out why the AK-12 was much better than the SA-80. I managed to survive Hans' death charge with 1HP left on Normal, which is more than I can remember doing as Support at level 1. Can't wait to see what Marksman and Firebug can do.

Is there any chance of this game getting Steam music library functionality? Currently I just blast XBox Music overtop of the game but it would be nice to prioritize voice.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hope servers introduce a level limit soon, I'm not opposed to lowbies playing, I'm not an rear end in a top hat, I do get pissed when level 5 support gets half the team killed cause he keeps pissing off scrakes in a suicidal game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shumagorath posted:

I finally gave Berzerker a try now that I know what the gently caress I'm doing and it was surprising how quickly you can drop a Skrake with parrying and alt-fire on the hammer. It seemed like a more worthwhile weapon than the Eviscerator at the default weight limit. Does that strategy scale up well to Hard and beyond?

It's still viable on hard in single player. As you start adding people and higher difficulties, it gets harder since you have to go through more series of parrying and countering, and if you've got other stuff attacking you, there's a good chance you'll get messed up at some point and eat a bunch of damage.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

Hope servers introduce a level limit soon, I'm not opposed to lowbies playing, I'm not an rear end in a top hat, I do get pissed when level 5 support gets half the team killed cause he keeps pissing off scrakes in a suicidal game.

It won't stop. Getting level 0 in HOE.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

It wouldn't be killing floor if that didn't happen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if there are any Win 10 users running this fine let me know

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Some pretty suspect players that are level 25 that don't know wtf they're doing. Pretty obvious they power leveled on one those testmaps.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Ramsus posted:

Some pretty suspect players that are level 25 that don't know wtf they're doing. Pretty obvious they power leveled on one those testmaps.

File editing is a thing, you know. They wouldn't have to necessarily grind.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^how? weird that everyone grinds tests maps rather than just editing a file

They should make the zerk grenade not do damage to yourself. Kind of sucks.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 2, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

They should make the zerk grenade not do damage to yourself. Kind of sucks.

It's not too late for that pacifier you mentioned.

Admittedly a pacifier might be more effective.

Somebody sell me on this grenade that can barely kill clots on normal.

vvv Zeds still seem to move around just fine despite the glowy effect. Does it undo Scrake and FP rage temporarily or something I'm overlooking during a clusterfuck?

Ruggington posted:

as long as the electric effect is on them they can't rage
I'd find this more useful if it lasted longer, and wasn't such a bitch to lead on a Scrake or FP that's actively being kited. Still pretty niche if it's basically meant to, well, act as a pacifier for Scrakes and FPs.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 2, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Section Z posted:

It's supposed to stun them :ssh:

Section Z posted:

Does it undo Scrake and FP rage temporarily or something?

as long as the electric effect is on them they can't rage

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Eonwe posted:

if there are any Win 10 users running this fine let me know

I'm not sure what sort of issues you are experiencing but I stopped using the Win10 preview several weeks back for various game related comparability issues.

Ramsus posted:

I'm sure the Early Access will have all player class levels reset. It might even happen multiple times before the final release.
Or not. Who knows?
Anyway. You can cheat XP but you can't fake skill.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 2, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bug report: if I switch weapons while holding RMB to look down the sights, sometimes the new weapon will be 'stuck' in sight-mode like it had reset to toggle. I use hold-to-look if that wasn't clear.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Questioner (or whoever else works at TW, really), are you guys planning to change the HP/Armor UI for friendlies? I love how slick the new UI looks, and then you look at a friendly and it's like you're back in KF1 :v: Seriously though, at least some degree of separation between the name and the bars would make it easier on the eyes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

Questioner (or whoever else works at TW, really), are you guys planning to change the HP/Armor UI for friendlies? I love how slick the new UI looks, and then you look at a friendly and it's like you're back in KF1 :v: Seriously though, at least some degree of separation between the name and the bars would make it easier on the eyes.

The percentage number should display within the bar IMO. Or have a XX/XXX value.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

I've seen so many max level zerks who see a scrake and lead him to me. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Also, found this gem of a user in the official forums. I normally skip over the avatars and sig but this one just kept getting better and better.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1371719&postcount=3

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Azran posted:

Also, found this gem of a user in the official forums. I normally skip over the avatars and sig but this one just kept getting better and better.

he's one of the many cool dudes on the tripwire forums that enjoy some aspects of red orchestra 2 a little too much. the red orchestra 2 section of that forum is loving filled with them

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Section Z posted:

The grenade is great, but if you are using it as an escape tool then you need a wide open space or you're going to lose something like 25 hp. It kills crawlers which is really nice and makes everything stumble. It's just rough to use as an escape as a zerk because you're already in close quarters and the lower your hp the slower you run. So while a tight choke on the double barrel would be a ridiculous head shotting machine, a no personal damage zerk grenade seems more like working as intended.

Besides the zerk grenade is supposed to work by damaging the electronic augments that are built into the zeds. It doesn't make sense for it to damage us.

e. just tested it. If you stand directly on the grenade with no armor it does 95 damage. I dunno, maybe they tested it and being able to stand on it was too op for some reason.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 2, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Just finished leveling everything up to 5 so I could start loving up Hard games, actually won one since Abandoned Toaster was medic-ing my rear end all game. Also she's really good at playing bullfighter with Scrakes, a player can just keep slipping past them to the right and tie them up until the rest of the team is there to focus them down quickly.

A few bugs or tweaks I noticed tonight:
1. The welder display doesn't drain in realtime, it just sits at whatever it was on when you pressed LMB, then jumps down when you let go.
2. You can't pick up armor when you're at 100, you shouldn't be able to pick up ammo boxes if you're full on everything. But you can. So now even when everyone is running back from the trader any nearby boxes get picked up at the beginning of every wave even when no one needs them yet.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I just witnessed this entire thing - someone soloed Hans for 40 minutes in Hard. Granted, he was a LVL25 Medic but GODDAMN. Everyone else died 1 minute into the boss wave thanks to really bad coordination and gas grenades. :stare:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Azran posted:

I just witnessed this entire thing - someone soloed Hans for 40 minutes in Hard. Granted, he was a LVL25 Medic but GODDAMN. Everyone else died 1 minute into the boss wave thanks to really bad coordination and gas grenades. :stare:

That's actually not that hard. I've seen a lone medic do it in suicidal. Still haven't beat HOE yet :(. drat that wave 7/7 server shutdown! Now it seems I can't find an HOE game without some level 2 joining.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ramsus posted:

That's actually not that hard. I've seen a lone medic do it in suicidal. Still haven't beat HOE yet :(. drat that wave 7/7 server shutdown! Now it seems I can't find an HOE game without some level 2 joining.

If you get a team assembled before hand, add me on Steam and let me know, I can set Goon Floor 2 to HoE for you guys.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

he's one of the many cool dudes on the tripwire forums that enjoy some aspects of red orchestra 2 a little too much. the red orchestra 2 section of that forum is loving filled with them

See also: War Thunder (where they're common enough to earn a descriptor: Wehrabo)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

See also: War Thunder (where they're common enough to earn a descriptor: Wehrabo)

That's really ANY WWII online game. I hear it's worse in World of Tanks.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Skoll posted:

That's really ANY WWII online game. I hear it's worse in World of Tanks.

Fair enough. I'm mostly familiar with the people who love GERMAN ENGINEERING way too much in War Thunder's tank game. I'm not familiar with the air game and have no idea how much worship the Luftwaffe gets, but goddamn do some pubbies get pissed when their Panzer gets popped (which I do all the time in my mobile AA trucks :v:)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skoll posted:

That's really ANY WWII online game.

Unironic Nazi enthusiasts are a proud tradition dating back to 1970s miniatures wargamers, if not earlier.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Fair enough. I'm mostly familiar with the people who love GERMAN ENGINEERING way too much in War Thunder's tank game. I'm not familiar with the air game and have no idea how much worship the Luftwaffe gets, but goddamn do some pubbies get pissed when their Panzer gets popped (which I do all the time in my mobile AA trucks :v:)

German ground equipment was pretty poo poo from 1942 onwards. All those Krupp Steel retards don't know just how bad Germany had it logistically and materially. The best way to piss off Wehraboos is to present them with these facts, especially when they whine about their supposed ubermensch equipment getting bent over by Russian zerg produced material.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Speaking of inferior equipment made with poor materials that people are convinced are amazing, how's the katana?

I just wanted to make that joke.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azran posted:

This is a common thing on twi forums

In ro2 these guys will say 'good guys win' in chat when axis wins

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

Speaking of inferior equipment made with poor materials that people are convinced are amazing, how's the katana?

I just wanted to make that joke.

I know you're joking, but others don't know.

It's poo poo and avoid it. Katana and Flamethrower give you zero XP for kills.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Skoll posted:

One of my buddies has Berzerker at level 25 and he swears by the Katana. I'm not really sure what benefits it provides over the Crovel but whatever.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Merf posted:

One of my buddies has Berzerker at level 25 and he swears by the Katana. I'm not really sure what benefits it provides over the Crovel but whatever.

Katana is nowhere near as good as it was in KF 1 and it takes more to do damage with. He may swear by it, but at 25 he can afford to because he doesn't need the xp. I'm not sure if damage boosts apply to offperk weapons cause the Katana isn't beserker anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

It's comparatively bad right now because no perk interacts with it, but in and of itself it seems like a decent weapon. Damage is somewhat low-ish, but it's fast and offers good reach on swings. Most importantly it's hella fun to go all Kill Bill on a bunch of clots and watch the bodyparts fly. Just using it for a while basically put the martial arts perk at the top of the list of things I'm looking forward to, it seems like it could be insanely fun and useful with a perk that profits from it.