Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Beerfest.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cat Terrist posted:

Roadkill is better than Top Gear.

oh wow look at this hipster moron being all contrarian and callin' a spade a spade and poo poo

(no seriously, top gear is rote garbage)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

M3 oil is made of unicorn poo poo - 10w60, I believe. Not the easiest stuff to find, and they hold drat close to 10 quarts.

Probably used an OEM battery.

You need to recalibrate the computer when you change the battery. I don't remember the supposed reason; something to do with alternator output or whatever.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:psyduck:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mat_Drinks posted:

*cracks beer, sits down to start reading thead*

Honey you need to understand... I could die soon, not knowing the sweet embrace of a crazy German NA V8 :)

Real talk how the heck did you pay $650 for an oil change and a battery? I understand big engines require more oil so my beloved Royal Purple will need to be bought in higher quantities, but I don't know that I could deal with an overpriced dealership battery because I'm a stubborn rear end in a top hat. The angel eye I could deal with since I understand parts are expensive.

You owned three e9x M3s? Was it just over the course of the generation and/or moving around (I know you've hopped back and forth between the US and not). Ignore the question if you don't feel comfortable answering it though, I'd understand.

Re: the 997 v. e9x M3 my interest in them isn't simply straight line speed, handling or any one thing, it's the total package both provide. If I'm honest I'd probably prefer the sedan M3 so it can be my dad-mobile with two kiddy seats in the back.

Well, last year my health junkie father who rode a bike 20 miles a day for the last 30 years of his life, who never drank, smoked or did anything at all risky and went to the Mayo Clinic for a full inspection every year since he was 40, died 6 weeks after an initial cancer diagnosis after outliving his 99 year old mother by less than a year. I am pretty sure on his deathbed, he didn't say "Y'know, I really wish I hadn't bought that '66 GTO brand new when I was 20"

... I on the other hand, on his deathbed - I was like "Why did you sell that car when I was born? WHY???"

Real talk:
Car takes 8.5 liters of $14-per-liter oil (if you buy it at O'Reilly's) + filter, crush washer etc, which comes to about $175 if you DIY. Let someone else do it for you and it's ~$240 in the part of the world I live in. It sounds dumb but it's actually kind of stressful and a pain in the rear end to drip the last half a liter in and keep the computer happy since there is no actual dipstick and the computer goes from 'Add more' to "OMG TOO MUCH I AM DYING" in about 3 tablespoons. You have to run the engine for about 10 minutes before it can measure the oil. (it's retarded.) So I hope you did it right!

DieHard replacement fancyass-gel battery at Sears costs $190 + tax + core charge + delivery fee to the mechanic's, so around $220.
Throw in an hour of BMW-certified labor to install it because it needs coding anyway after you put it into the trunk, which is a bit of a pain in the rear end to open up and get to, and it was at the mechanic's anyway for the oil change/general service. I was getting an intermittant "Increased Discharge Warning" (heh) so I had a feeling the original battery was liable to need replacing and had done a little research into what the best non-OEM replacement was and asked him to get me one of those. The computer tinkers with the voltage or something as the battery ages and gets less powerful, so with a new battery you need to reset that so it doesn't fry everything pulling too much from the new, strong battery.

Add in the diff fluid checkup, general overall fluids/tires/etc checks + resetting all the sensors and service interval stuff in the iDrive, and there you go. $650. And that was at an independent guy who's taken care of the car from when the PO owned it.

If you look at what they run nowadays compared to the original sticker - it's much easier to swallow the year-to-year costs, because you can say "PO ate $Thirty-some k+ of depreciation already, it is my responsibility to make his loss worth all that effort he spent garaging it, babbying it, and having it detailed every 3 months despite never driving it". At least, I can say that, since that's what the PO did for me. And then he gave me a folder full of service records, a beautifully organized and color-coded spreadsheet of all the costs except for gas, a bunch of E92 souvenir stuff he got driving at the M-school at the Nurburgring a couple years ago, and sent me home with the car.

A+ would buy again.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Ether Frenzy posted:

A+ would buy again.

Ok, I was :psyduck: at first about the battery, but I can live with that I think.

\/\/\/ I'm expecting a certain amount of sacrifices will have to be made if I'm going to jump into modern M3/911 ownership.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 2, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No, its still pretty what the gently caress because if a battery is getting bad then just loving replace the fucker and not hardwire every system in the car with a suicide switch for the people who dont have access to BMW dealership.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Damnit. I misplaced my glucose meter... with a brand loving new container of test strips. The meter itself is dirt cheap - $20 for the one I have now (Bayer Contour Next USB) at Wal-Mart. The strips are like unicorn farts though, they're CRAZY expensive retail, and :stonk: even more expensive if I use my insurance. I can get new ones here by Monday from Amazon, at least, and I'm not on insulin, so it's not super critical that I check it before every single meal. There's a backup meter in the house (stepdad uses it once in awhile, and I can sterilize the lancing device and still have plenty of my own lancets) if things go to poo poo in a hurry, it just can't sync with my phone.

I just checked my phone, the last time I synced with the meter was at work yesterday, but I also know I used it at some point during a break in classes last night (it syncs over a short USB cable to an app on my phone). :argh: So I probably left it on campus, or dropped it on the way to the parking garage.

gently caress it. Ordered a replacement for pickup at Wal-Mart tomorrow, and I ordered a 50 pack of strips from Amazon that should be here Monday. That's $35 (... plus a replacement cable, so add $5) I really didn't want to spend, but whatever..

Geoj posted:

I hope they aren't just selling you the pile of CompTIA certifications - they have like 17 of them and most are at best only worth getting your foot in the door when the hiring drones have been told "only call people with the following..."

Nah, they know how useless CompTIA is (I only get A+ and Network+ from TIA). It's mostly Microsoft certs, with an entry level Cisco cert included. I need to talk to them about adding to the list of Cisco certs I'd like to get.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 2, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Mat_Drinks posted:

You owned three e9x M3s? Was it just over the course of the generation and/or moving around (I know you've hopped back and forth between the US and not). Ignore the question if you don't feel comfortable answering it though, I'd understand.

Re: the 997 v. e9x M3 my interest in them isn't simply straight line speed, handling or any one thing, it's the total package both provide. If I'm honest I'd probably prefer the sedan M3 so it can be my dad-mobile with two kiddy seats in the back.

Yeah just over the course of moving around, I really couldn't find anything more entertaining for the price. I originally wanted to ship my LHD car, but would have required I pay the loan off, which wasn't possible at the time. Given how much time I spent in Europe over that year shipping the LHD car would have been the better choice if I'd planned for it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Was your RHD car a manual also? And how long did it feel odd having the car pivoting just that tiny bit differently under you due to the longtime familiarity with sitting in the left seat, I have to assume being so comfortable with the same model over here that was a bit strange at first. I'm constantly looking for the not-angled-for-me rear view mirrors when I sit in the left seat in the UK.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Ether Frenzy posted:

Was your RHD car a manual also? And how long did it feel odd having the car pivoting just that tiny bit differently under you due to the longtime familiarity with sitting in the left seat, I have to assume being so comfortable with the same model over here that was a bit strange at first. I'm constantly looking for the not-angled-for-me rear view mirrors when I sit in the left seat in the UK.

Yeah it was, and it definitely took some getting used to. My left hand was never as good with the gear lever, which I imagine is down to years and years of muscle memory. The rotation angles were less distracting than my physical position on the track relative to the side of the car and my ability to calculate where the car would fit when passing. I only ended up driving on the right side of the road once, on a B road in the middle of the night before my ex noticed I was distracted and reminded me we were back in old Blighty.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

some texas redneck posted:

Damnit. I misplaced my glucose meter... with a brand loving new container of test strips. The meter itself is dirt cheap - $20 for the one I have now (Bayer Contour Next USB) at Wal-Mart. The strips are like unicorn farts though, they're CRAZY expensive retail, and :stonk: even more expensive if I use my insurance. I can get new ones here by Monday from Amazon, at least, and I'm not on insulin, so it's not super critical that I check it before every single meal. There's a backup meter in the house (stepdad uses it once in awhile, and I can sterilize the lancing device and still have plenty of my own lancets) if things go to poo poo in a hurry, it just can't sync with my phone.

I just checked my phone, the last time I synced with the meter was at work yesterday, but I also know I used it at some point during a break in classes last night (it syncs over a short USB cable to an app on my phone). :argh: So I probably left it on campus, or dropped it on the way to the parking garage.

gently caress it. Ordered a replacement for pickup at Wal-Mart tomorrow, and I ordered a 50 pack of strips from Amazon that should be here Monday. That's $35 (... plus a replacement cable, so add $5) I really didn't want to spend, but whatever..

Nah, they know how useless CompTIA is (I only get A+ and Network+ from TIA). It's mostly Microsoft certs, with an entry level Cisco cert included. I need to talk to them about adding to the list of Cisco certs I'd like to get.

Dell and HP hardware certs are handy, too. Both require someone on site with them to let a site do RMAs on their hardware, so there's a little bit of marketability in having them.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The mystery shoppers at my store are getting too predictable.

I've had 3 in the past week on the phone. It's always a new phone # that's not in the system. It's always a large 1 topping. Only 1 phone in the store displays caller ID for some reason, but it always shows the # of another store, or the # of our call center, if it's a mystery shop. They just want to hear us try to upsell, and also want us to verbally confirm the order and give an accurate estimated time on when it's ready.

Today's (well yesterday now) call: noisy background, I can hear what sounds like a bunch of people on the phone. They make an order for a large 1 topping. I try to upsell a drink (we ran out of a TON of poo poo earlier in the day due to the manager forgetting to set a timer for the proofer, our dumpster will look like a bread factory exploded in the morning). I say "I noticed this is your first time ordering from us, do you know where we're located?". They say no (they usually say yes, so I'm a little thrown off), I tell them we're on the SE corner of <X> and <Y>, and give the exact address if they want to punch it into a GPS.

They said "Before you send that order through, this is a mystery shop. Cancel it please." I tell them "I know. Caller ID shows the call center #, I could hear people taking orders in the background, and we've met several times back when the call center was in <former store>. You guys should probably dial *67 to block caller ID in the future". They did a very nervous "... uh, THANKS, well you did great BYE *click*" :haw:

I'm not the first in my store to call them out on it. Won't be the last either.

We also had a kid who kept calling the other day and yelling "I need a pizza with DEEEEZ NUTS" or "HEIL HITLER PIZZA" into the phone over and over. I started calling him back nonstop and shouting the same things, and since his family had ordered before, told him I was sending the police to <x address>. I'm pretty sure I heard him poo poo himself; he'd been doing that for days, I finally answered on a phone that had working caller ID. :haw:

Liquid Communism posted:

Dell and HP hardware certs are handy, too. Both require someone on site with them to let a site do RMAs on their hardware, so there's a little bit of marketability in having them.

That's good to know, and those are something my school doesn't offer.

I know if it comes to server grade stuff, the only names worth playing with these days are Dell, HP, and Cisco. Possibly IBM or NCR if you're looking at point of sale stuff. Wincor-Nixdorf has made a surprising comeback as well.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 2, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yo, pop the hood on that modem

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(I'm more surprised that I have a 24 year old modem still kicking around here to actually do a seriousreply)

e: I just realized that the board from this modem is almost as large as the microATX motherboard in my PC.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 2, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Phone posted:

oh wow look at this hipster moron being all contrarian and callin' a spade a spade and poo poo

(no seriously, top gear is rote garbage)
If UK Top Gear called anything a spade, they'd be fending off the pitchfork-equipped mob about racism again.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

goatse guy posted:

It took an entire bag of training treats, but Harry is cool now. They're both chilling in bed with me -- I've got Harry under one arm, and Turbo's head on the opposite shoulder.

A Bluey..... wow. That's not even something you see a lot of even in Auststralia anymore unless you go Outback. Great dogs, they do need a fair bit of exercise and are loyal as. - to the point they get touchy with strangers. If I got a dog that'll be the one I would get.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Cat Terrist posted:

A Bluey..... wow. That's not even something you see a lot of even in Auststralia anymore unless you go Outback. Great dogs, they do need a fair bit of exercise and are loyal as. - to the point they get touchy with strangers. If I got a dog that'll be the one I would get.

Blue Heelers and mixes are fairly common here. There was another one at the shelter yesterday too. I had my heart set on getting one after I read more about the breed.

She's lived in shelters for a while, and doesn't seem to have any kind of training. She jumps, pulls on the leash, and doesn't know any commands. She's a total sweetheart though, she's already cuddled up with me, and she's non-reactive to other dogs which made introducing her and Harry much easier.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I fell asleep after dinner last night. When I woke up, I went downstairs and found this:

He rolled back over shortly after this picture.

I also found out last night one of my college friends passed away. :smith: I haven't talked to him much in the last few years but he was my first drinking buddy and overall a good friend.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So rather predictably I have a crippling hangover today.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I got like 50 email reminders that my tire appointment was today. I show up at the scheduled time and they say the tires won't be in until Monday. :wtc:

Aaaaaand it looks like I won't be able to get by with just 2 new tires for a little bit like I had planned. This is one of the tires I planned on being fine.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 2, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well after a month of loving around my mower finally runs, just in time for all the grass to die.

I thought I had cleaned all of the poo poo out of the bolt that goes into the float bowl (which constitutes a part of the jetting system) between spraying it and soaking it. Nope, turns out I missed ONE loving spot. It had so much corrosion on it that I couldn't even tell it was a hole. Cleaned that off and the fucker started right goddamn up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My daughter lost one of her handlebar-end plugs in a bike crash yesterday. I'm printing out a replacement right now.

We are truly living in the future.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

My daughter lost one of her handlebar-end plugs in a bike crash yesterday. I'm printing out a replacement right now.

We are truly living in the future.

See, when I was a kid we just used hockey tape.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

STR:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The MSF is kinda easy.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there's a market for Rhinoliner brand sex toys.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Phone posted:

The MSF is kinda easy.

But it's fun, ain't it? I was so excited I couldn't sleep before the second day.

I got my license a year ago and still don't have a bike :smith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I committed to going to my GBF's birthday celebration tonight but now I just wanna stay home and hang out with my dogs.

Riscas
Feb 11, 2008
Everyone should go buy DiRT: Rally like right now. I've never played a rally game before but man does it capture that same feeling you get from watching in cockpit rally videos.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I spent today delivering auto parts, then the first part of the evening at a large Derby party drinking whiskey sours and watching the race. Now I'm winding down with a cigar and whiskey neat in my deck and debating getting my mower running or selling it.

Some days are good days, I suppose.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I hate you fuckers. All I want to do the rest of the day is watch Roadkill and Dirt Every Day.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Riscas posted:

Everyone should go buy DiRT: Rally like right now. I've never played a rally game before but man does it capture that same feeling you get from watching in cockpit rally videos.

No, it's an Early Access game made by a big studio who has no loving business doing anything of the sort. I don't care if it's the best game in history, I'm not going to buy it now or ever.

:goonsay:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

$35 a month in Canada.
:gbsmith:

In case you fuckers are wondering why I'm not posting that much right now:

:911::gtmo::911:

And we work in the PAO and have to upload videos to dvids and poo poo. I would say mailing a physical DVD is faster, but for some reason, packages from Amazon take a week with prime, but letter mail takes 2-3 months. Also, our desalination plant broke down and we will have no water tomorrow if they don't fix the RO filter. They emergency flew a part down, but it was the wrong part. (by "part" I mean "something that requires a 747 jumboliner to transport," because that fucker was huge for our airstrip).

Also this is literally the logo for the radio station:

On the plus side, I've had enough time to write up the following post on my cellphone (my laptop won't connect to the MWR wifi for some reason, except for a few minutes at a time, and then won't connect for days. loving SP3

Geirskogul posted:

Rural/Metro situation in Phoenix/Maricopa right now:

History: Maricopa County was served by two smaller ambulance companies, PMT and Southwest Ambulance. PMT was larger, but SW paid better.

In 2006, R/M buys PMT, and puts indefinite hold on all pay raises or promotions.

In 2013, R/M buys SW and merges their station with PMT, and institutes the same hold.

By the end of 2013 (when I started with them), PMT and SW employees worked out of the same central station, with PMT outnumbering SW about 10:1 with trucks. SW EMTs make 11.xx, and their medics make 16.xx. PMT EMTs make 9.60, and their medics made $14.00 (now $13.00). SW has a union affiliation with the IAFF, PMTs union was effectively dissolved in 2006 by placing union leadership in charge of a field medic who doesn't give a gently caress about anything. Rumor has it that during the 2006 "union election," only the (future) union president, secretary, and treasurer were present. When a field employee discovered where the "vote" was being held, he showed up and demanded to vote, and the president allegedly punched him in the face and told him to leave (there were documents of an assault on the same day in the Mesa PD website, at R/M headquarters).

In Feb 2014, we held a vote to see if people wanted a new union, and the PMT union president responded by filing a lawsuit against the...field employees doing the vote for violating department of labor laws or somesuch. The ensuing legal battle lasted over a year, with the president filing something like 37 injunctions and motions against the employees (his own union members!) until a judge ordered him to stop submitting filings. He continued to do so after the freeze, anyway.

The Department of Labor conducted an investigation, and ruled that we could vote in new leadership. On the day they announced this to the employees, the union president threatened to "take the discussion outside" with the DoL representative after he (the president) objected to the ruling.

On March 6, 2015 we held the vote, and an overwhelming (all but 3 people, the current union leadership) majority voted in new leadership.

On March 9, R/M then decided to start dissolving PMT and turning it into R/M slash Southwest Ambulance, starting by moving the PMT dispatch center from Mesa to Glendale, along with a drastic dispatcher pay cut to nearly minimum wage (rumor it was from $16.00/hr down to $8.55), forcing all of our (actually very excellent and intelligent) dispatchers to quit. R/M then replaced all of them with the old and terrible SW dispatchers, along with new recruits at the new lower pay rate.

Since I've started, our trucks have been broken pieces of poo poo, with over half of the fleet having more than 400,000 miles for interfacility, and 120,000 miles for the 911 rides. I worked almost exclusively on a BLS ride, and we have never had an monitor or even a basic AED. Some days I barely made it out of the shop with a pulse ox (and half of the time our pulse ox didn't even work, and required me to "borrow" a fingertip probe from a hospital or something). Only 911 rides have electric gurneys, and we don't have any electric bari gurneys. Since the switchover, the trucks and maintenance have only gotten worse.

Also, our old policy for lift assists of "send a unit to the station to pick up a bari gurney, then send them to help the crew" has disappeared, and has been replaced with "staff the smallest loving EMT by themselves on a hightop, and send them from here to Timbuktu back and forth all night to assist. Attention to R/M: A THREE PERSON LIFT DOESN'T WORK WITH 600 POUND PATIENTS. Our old PMT dispatchers would actually look at where you were in the city, and move the most appropriate unit to the call.

The new dispatch uses a stupid "closest unit gets the call, even for BLS interfacility calls, even if that unit is off in 20 minutes an a unit .1 miles further away just started their shift"-rule, meaning trucks that are 24-hours and get switched out every 12 end up running calls from Phoenix to Tuscon while their replacement crew sits at the station for six hours doing nothing. It is a total shitshow.

This shitshow combined with all of the new policy changes would have been bad enough on their own, but at the exact same time all of this was happening, American Medical Response (AMR), who had been fighting to get a CON for Maricopa County for years, was finally granted one. AMR has swooped in with better pay and benefits, a better dispatch, and newer rides, and more than 70% of the PMT/SW workforce has quit and moved over. I'm personally on a deployment right now, but the PMT facebook page is full of pictures of people showing up at hospitals and being handed an AMR packet (R/M has "forgotten" to restock the hospitals with packets and paperwork in the past few months), or being cancelled on a call because R/M gave a FOUR HOUR ETA, while AMR showed up in three minutes.

The only, and I mean the only saving grace to all of this, was a secret meeting our new union leadership had between them and the International Association of EMTs and Paramedics (IAEP) on March 7. Due to this meeting, we, in some legal capacity, had association with them starting from March 7 onwards, before R/M's decision to dissolve PMT. The IAEP has recently started fighting and building a legal case against R/M, and has also been fighting the old "union" president on our behalf, as he currently has a case against the employees that promised to garnish our wages (to a tune of a total $400,000 dollars) for something or other. Of course it will be thrown out, but only after a legal battle (and legal fees) have been accumulated.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 3, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

On the plus side, I've had enough time to write up the following post on my cellphone (my laptop won't connect to the MWR wifi for some reason, except for a few minutes at a time, and then won't connect for days. loving SP3

Hooray for privatized medical care.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

Also this is literally the logo for the radio station:

Yo uh can we get an AI group buy for those bottle openers?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkMartial posted:

Some days are good days, I suppose.

Today has been an awesome day.

No work. No work on the house, really for my first real day off in what seems like 6 months. Not that I don't have an anything to do (so much is still in boxes or whatever). But today I MADE myself not do anything but spend time with my son. So...

Today has been nothing but me and the kid day. Got up, loaded up the boat, went to waffle house for breakfast. We went fishing (caught a boat load of bass and brim). Seriously it seemed like every other cast was fish on. Got some much needed sun. Bought a bunch of goodies from a farmers market. Grilled and fried said fish. Played some basketball, threw the football, played some plants vs zombies on the ps4.

Even more importantly was simply having quality time with my son. Needed it, big time. I think he needed it too. I was sitting on the couch, he came up out of the blue and gave me the biggest hug and said thanks for taking him fishing, thanks for a great time, hope you had a great birthday, and I love you.

In tears writing it and thinking about it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus gently caress. :stonk:

Alright, now I know if I need to really get to the hospital fast, I'm just going to haul rear end on my own instead. Helps that I live about half a mile from one, and could just about drive there in a straight line if I just offroad a bit.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

Yo uh can we get an AI group buy for those bottle openers?

gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tide posted:

Today has been an awesome day.

No work. No work on the house, really for my first real day off in what seems like 6 months. Not that I don't have an anything to do (so much is still in boxes or whatever). But today I MADE myself not do anything but spend time with my son. So...

Today has been nothing but me and the kid day. Got up, loaded up the boat, went to waffle house for breakfast. We went fishing (caught a boat load of bass and brim). Seriously it seemed like every other cast was fish on. Got some much needed sun. Bought a bunch of goodies from a farmers market. Grilled and fried said fish. Played some basketball, threw the football, played some plants vs zombies on the ps4.

Even more importantly was simply having quality time with my son. Needed it, big time. I think he needed it too. I was sitting on the couch, he came up out of the blue and gave me the biggest hug and said thanks for taking him fishing, thanks for a great time, hope you had a great birthday, and I love you.

In tears writing it and thinking about it.
Keep it up Dad.

• Locked thread