Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Virion posted:

where it with live forever in app valhalla, with character map and windows fax and scan

xps viewer lol, it's a graveyard in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

defrag.exe :cry:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

another article about MS buying salesforce

if that happens I'll be mad and have to switch from heroku

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my old boss was like you should look into salesforce and i was like no i shouldnt :colbert:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
failsforce

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
salesfarce

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

carry on then posted:

xps viewer lol, it's a graveyard in there

imagine being on the xps team, there must be a a huge number of company listsevs setup to specifically exclude you from events and product planning as nobody wants to have to throw your lovely team a bone

its one of the few teams the xbone people can look down on. 'sure everyone hates us, but at least they know who we are'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

red swingline xps viewer

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

duTrieux. posted:

as long as i can disable cortana and web searching and then never hit the start button again

I thought the removal of the start button was one of the fatal flaws of windows 8

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

nah, that was a good idea

if i could re,ap the windows key to call u the search bar i'm set

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

basically what it does now just with some extra garbage on screen to ignore

also lol, tablet mode is a button on the notification screen on every computer, so they can all use the super useless fullscreen view

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

carry on then posted:

they expect people to believe that minecraft, a java monstrosity of a game that struggles to run smoothly on high end pcs, is just around the corner from seamlessly supporting hololens

via a place where big microsoft fans gather:

quote:

my cutoff point is $2000. If it is under $1000 I am leaping on it.

quote:

If it is under $1000, it will be an instant buy for me. I can't believe that's a real price

quote:

I will be willing to pay up to 2,000 USD for the HoloLens. From the videos I've seen so far, I'm very blown away by what it seems to be capable of doing.

quote:

I will be willing to pay up to 2,000 USD for the HoloLens,

quote:

Since it has a PC in it I bet it will have different versions with more powerful specs, a low powered version that will be more suited for streaming and videos only will probably be around 500 and a full powered i7 that can do anything will probably be closer to 2k

quote:

Minecraft might be the killer app for the Hololens. Minecraft doesn't appeal to me now but I think that will change for me and a lot of people with the introduction of Hololens. Exciting stuff.

microsoft knows full well how debased and empty its fanboy army is

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

shadow puppet of a posted:

microsoft knows full well how debased and empty its fanboy army is
lol if those are real people

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Metrication posted:

lmfao

this looks so bad

Metrication posted:

there's about three different visual styles going on there it's really good

0. windows 95 icon for the copy of word you installed, now 20 years old and still looks a lot better than the other styles

1. windows 7 icons, the result of ejaculating all over the gradient tool

2. one-color "metro" icons that have always existed to confuse users (what's the difference between settings and windows update) and are not even vectorized
2a. metro-like icons that use transparency instead of covering your screen in repugnant shades of violet

3. the steaming cubist turd that is the new explorer icon set

fantastic

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

everyone knows those videos demoes were fake right and probably none of the UI is made and working

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2015

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

after thinking about it for a while, my favorite thing about that image is the teeth of the gear in the "Windows Update" icon impinging on the text

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bartlebyshop posted:

after thinking about it for a while, my favorite thing about that image is the teeth of the gear in the "Windows Update" icon impinging on the text

lmao

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2015

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

everyone knows those videos denies were fake right and probably none of the UI is made and working
people enjoy and pay for halo and xbox

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Metrication posted:

lmfao

this looks so bad

windows feeDB to keep track of all your iap

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if only there was some way i could make a catchy song about how windows sucks by tomorrow

the whole board is counting on me

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

bartlebyshop posted:

do you mean "Windows Updat"

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

hoLOLense

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

if only there was some way i could make a catchy song about how windows sucks by tomorrow

the whole board is counting on me

ask songsmythe for help

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ms is going to pour billions into halosense w/bing update 1 and it will turn into nothing more than slapping a phone on your face with a lovely webapp powered by azure

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

a proper modern phone screen would take up the whole fov, you are thinking of two windows mobile 5.0 devices with trackball and keyboard held up to your face

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i am willing to pay $2000 usd or more for an altered reality experience where i can awkwardly play minecraft in a tiny cube directly in front of me

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

in fact, why represent "Windows Updat" with a gear at all, when you already used a gear for settings. what does a slightly different looking gear have do to with updating. does it represent the cyclical nature of having to reboot my computer 10 times to update internet explorer.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

why is the gear rotated so none of the teeth are flat, further amplifying the blurry pixelated mess?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Metrication posted:

lmfao

this looks so bad

i'm the

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

tablet mode listed twice

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

tablet mode listed twice

one's a malware app

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the kerning on "offline" is v. triggering

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

You mean OMine

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pinterest Mom posted:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

new build trip report: my color scheme turned from default purple to black

spartan became my default browser with firefox and chrome both installed

the setup menu is still aero glass

the icons got EVEN WORSE

changing to a dark color scheme doesn't automatically make window title text white like in every other version of windows

i still have @{microsoft.win in my start menu

windows+E opens the useless quick access menu instead of my computer this pc

when you save a web note in PROJECT SPARTAN it blends the pen and highlighter layers together and fucks up all the colors

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 2, 2015

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

changing to a dark color scheme doesn't automatically make window title text white like in every other version of windows
oh good that decision carries on from win8

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

carry on then posted:

tablet mode listed twice

so what's the difference between About and the second About?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's a ligature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also: PLEEEEEASE come to our super exclusive vip launch event

quote:

Every aspect of Surface 3 has been meticulously crafted – from the strong, light frame with a 3-position Kickstand to the 10.8” high-resolution screen. Surface is elegant and durable enough to take everywhere. The perfect balance of performance and value.

Join us on May 5th and be one of the first to experience the all new Surface 3. Be sure to bring a business card to enter the raffle.

Light breakfast and refreshments will be provided.

The post VIP Surface 3 Launch Event | Corte Madera appeared first on FunCheapSF.com.

• Locked thread