Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If Jarrett just uses Bischoff as an on screen authority guy and has him help with TV connections, it'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

IronCladBurrito posted:

I'm still dwelling on why it's in Jackson and not Nashville. I can't get past it.

I could possibly understand it not being held in the new Nashville stadium, because it's new and "gently caress the rasslin' fans, this is a BASEBALL stadium." There is the old one, though, it's apparently in good enough shape that a lower-division soccer team is thinking about relocating there.

The only thing I can think of is that the Memphis minor league park is occupied that night, and Nashville's a bit prohibitive to travel for Memphis fans. Jackson's close enough. I know I'd consider going to Jackson, but Memphis is too far away - maybe Jackson's the chance to draw crowds from Memphis AND Nashville.

And maybe I'm overthinking it and it's just "LOL Jarrett."

Also TIL pringles doesn't have the naming rights in Jackson anymore.

because it's a sold show

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If Jarrett just uses Bischoff as an on screen authority guy and has him help with TV connections, it'll be fine.

He's back, and better than ever.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

BGrifter posted:

He's back, and better than ever.

Birds attack, and he coils in terror.

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
I was there for a minor league game tonight and I didn't even know Jeff Jarrett was gonna be there. He then announced his first show there and I was kinda stunned wondering why it would be in Jackson. But whatever, I'll take it. Got to meet him and Karen, that was cool.

The Ballpark has had Memphis Wrestling stuff before, so it's got a history of having wrestling there. Been a bit though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'd like to think that Jeff Jarrett has figured out not to hire Russo to do anything ever again but he also hired Eric Bischoff so uh

Is he actually involved or is he just doing appearances?

Dude, its Cornette, he'll be involved no matter what. Cornette's already back to working OVW dates.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mr Muggy posted:

I was there for a minor league game tonight and I didn't even know Jeff Jarrett was gonna be there. He then announced his first show there and I was kinda stunned wondering why it would be in Jackson. But whatever, I'll take it. Got to meet him and Karen, that was cool.

The Ballpark has had Memphis Wrestling stuff before, so it's got a history of having wrestling there. Been a bit though.

Well, he was booking in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout, so he's been talking 'bout Jackson ever since the fire went out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Supposedly stuff involving the first TV taping is getting announced sometime this week. TV station or actual roster members? Hopefully!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At this moment I cannot confirm or deny that there are talks going on between GFW and PSP-TV

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

**Global Force Wrestling is holding a press conference in Las Vegas this Wednesday and will be announcing their roster for the upcoming shows they have scheduled at various minor league baseball parks as well as their television tapings they have announced.

It is finally happening guys.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

I am so excited for GFW.

This is either going to be a bunch of solid shows, in which case the sheer shock will rival Lesnar beating Taker, or it's going to be a trainwreck not seen since the weekly TNA PPVs, except as a television show.

(It's going to be a trainwreck)

One year later, and it still rings true.

Except for the being a TV show part right now, I guess.

Also when the roster reveal happens I'm tempted to go through the photoshops and see which ones came true.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 4, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We've come a long way in a year, friends

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

rovert posted:

It is finally happening guys.

Count down to them announcing a roster of entirely names no one has heard of and then claiming they are repackaging guys under new gimmicks and no of course you can't know who we've hired or are repackaging what are you some kind of spoilsport no funhaver?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Count down to them announcing a roster of entirely names no one has heard of and then claiming they are repackaging guys under new gimmicks and no of course you can't know who we've hired or are repackaging what are you some kind of spoilsport no funhaver?

I can't wait for the Samoleon Joe vs Big Pappa Stump feud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

10AM Pacific

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I love Special Guest! I am so onboard the GFW hype train now.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

lmao

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i would tell him to hire a graphic designer but he's already all-in on the name "global force wrestling" and how much can you polish that turd really

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Sneak preview of one half of the announcing team:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Been loling ever since they followed me on Instagram and I realized their name was @GFWWrestling. Global Force Wrestling Wrestling

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BGrifter posted:

Sneak preview of one half of the announcing team:

Team complete.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

#GFWWVEGAS

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NickRoweFillea posted:

Been loling ever since they followed me on Instagram and I realized their name was @GFWWrestling. Global Force Wrestling Wrestling

Didn't this trend start with ECWWrestling.com years ago

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't this trend start with ECWWrestling.com years ago

WCW's site was also wcwwrestling.com

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

e: never mind, thought it was supposed to be yesterday

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Special Guest? Who'd he ever beat?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Special Guest? Who'd he ever beat?!

2015-05-06 Special Guest b. Vacant for GFW World Heavyweight Championship (***3/4)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the special guest is Karen Jarrett

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bard Maddox posted:

the special guest is Jeff's guitar

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Luigi Thirty posted:

2015-05-06 Special Guest b. Vacant for GFW World Heavyweight Championship (***3/4)

I would definitely take a half star off for the Mystery Opponent run-in.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Half an hour to go boys! There's no live stream, so I guess we gotta watch twitter.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Half an hour to go boys! There's no live stream, so I guess we gotta watch twitter.

I know you're super excited, but sorry, 10 AM Pacific is in 90 minutes. You'll have to wait an extra hour for the biggest roster reveal in the history of our sport.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

What big indie names can they realistically get?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'd say it depends on what kind of contracts they're looking at. I doubt they are going to be able to lock anybody down from performing in other promotions so I could see a whole host of fairly big names (Roddy, Joe, Hero, Addiction, Sydal, etc.) make appearances. If they want to sign people up to exclusive deals I don't see them getting any big names.

But this is Global Force Wrestling so anything can happen baby!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Those guys.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chael Sonnen

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oatgan posted:

Chael Sonnen
Will he be the Dan Severn or the Rampage Jackson of GFW?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Will he be the Dan Severn or the Rampage Jackson of GFW?

The Mongo McMichael apparently.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Mongo McMichael apparently.
He's going to be doing commentary coked out of his loving mind with a small dog in his lap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

join the force bitch

• Locked thread