Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
It's really satisfying setting poo poo on fire with the flame thrower too. Those pretty fire effects... You can light yourself on fire with it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
What is actually the trick to dealing with Scrakes? They seem way more dangerous in KF2.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Where's this file I can edit to get my tac reloads?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The best trick right now is to circle strafe around their non chainsaw side and they'll miss a whole load. If you're feeling fancy, you can pop their heads with a good shotgun blast or two while theyre stumbling past you, or just keep them occupied while your team smashes them. It gets difficult if you can't isolate them from the horde though.

Apart from that, just put as many bullets in their face as possible. The AA12 is a good gun for that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Circle strafe, focus fire, kite and leave til last, etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Perestroika posted:

It's comparatively bad right now because no perk interacts with it, but in and of itself it seems like a decent weapon. Damage is somewhat low-ish

I'm guessing this will be fixed whenever the dragon/ninja/whatever it's called perk is added and gets +1% damage to own-perk weapons.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Do we know what any of the other perks are going to be besides the inevitable firebug one? I haven't enjoyed shooting (dead)mans like this since I dropped PS2, but none of the current perks do it for me.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

The best trick right now is to circle strafe around their non chainsaw side and they'll miss a whole load. If you're feeling fancy, you can pop their heads with a good shotgun blast or two while theyre stumbling past you, or just keep them occupied while your team smashes them. It gets difficult if you can't isolate them from the horde though.

Apart from that, just put as many bullets in their face as possible. The AA12 is a good gun for that.

I soloed a Skrake the other day with my scalpel as medic by doing this. It was awesome.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

alarumklok posted:

Do we know what any of the other perks are going to be besides the inevitable firebug one? I haven't enjoyed shooting (dead)mans like this since I dropped PS2, but none of the current perks do it for me.
To be added: demolitions, firebug, sharpshooter, gunslinger, swat, and martial arts

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

I'm also running into this error whenever I try to connect to either Goon server with the "open [ip]:[port]?password=[pass]" syntax.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is there a work around for not being able to type in the password for the goon servers??

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Is there a work around for not being able to type in the password for the goon servers??

Ignoranus posted:

connect to either Goon server with the "open [ip]:[port]?password=[pass]" syntax.

This is the trick.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

To be added: demolitions, firebug, sharpshooter, gunslinger, swat, and martial arts

I just looked at the OP and realized it actually has words in it, but thank you for answering my dumb question. :downs:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In KF1 I leveled to max a few of the perks I didn't like, because it took forever to level, and it seems like this might be the same. Have the devs mentioned at all tuning the level speed so you don't get stuck grinding to max 10 times because you want to play a different class once in a while.

I know its doable, its just not fun to play with high level dudes and then have to go back to kids league to for a few days to level up sharpshooter or some poo poo.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

The WebAdmin PvP module is pretty fun.

However, I've been playing with the auto-kick for idle players and with the following set:

quote:

bKickLiveIdlers=True
MaxIdleTime=60.000000

When you get kicked, if you try to re-connect to the same server you get a "Connection Lost, Authentication Failed" error.

Exiting the game and re-loading doesn't seem to resolve it. Don't know if there's a time-limit for re-connecting perhaps, but last time I had to restart the server for it to let me back in.

Client and server versions are build 1006.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I really liked the first Killing Floor so I bought KF2 EA, and it just simply won't launch. No window pops up, no error message is displayed - nothing happens. If anybody wants to take a crack at helping me solve this, I'd really appreciate it. My most recent Launch.log is here.

e: my speccy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I really liked the first Killing Floor so I bought KF2 EA, and it just simply won't launch. No window pops up, no error message is displayed - nothing happens. If anybody wants to take a crack at helping me solve this, I'd really appreciate it. My most recent Launch.log is here.

have you tried verifying the cache

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Ruggington posted:

have you tried verifying the cache

Yes, and removing every trace of the game from my system, rebooting, and reinstalling. I've tried running it as admin, too.

Throumbas
Dec 24, 2006

why did the byob cross the road

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Have you tried running the PhysX setup from the redistributables folder in the KF2 directory?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Throumbas posted:

Have you tried running the PhysX setup from the redistributables folder in the KF2 directory?

I'm using an AMD GPU, so I assumed it wouldn't be necessary or possible. I can try that when I get home tonight.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
One of my buddies had that problem until he added the "-dx10" flag to his KF2 launch options.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I don't know if AMD does it but with nvidia i had to go into my nvidia 3d settings and manually select the nvidia graphics card instead of the onboard intel card for the game. I had a similar problem with clicking the game and getting a white screen then nothing. Although this was with a laptop so i dunno if it's the same for a desktop.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The corpse physics in this game are basically perfect.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Silly question for those of you who have Tactical reload unlocked already.

Do berserker weapons get alternate animations? Just sped up like Shotguns? Or nothing at all?

gnome7 posted:

The corpse physics in this game are basically perfect.

This is lovely.

EDIT: vvv :negative:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 2, 2015

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Section Z posted:

Silly question for those of you who have Tactical reload unlocked already.

Do berserker weapons get alternate animations? Just sped up like Shotguns? Or nothing at all?

Tactical reload only applies to perk weapons, so only shotguns and assault rifles can get sped up. And the 9mm! Although Commando's larger mag skill doesn't seem to apply to the 9mm, sadly.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Whittle posted:

The WebAdmin PvP module is pretty fun.

Is this between players and player controlled zeds or is it just standard TDM between classes?

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Melee bashing should be able to parry enemies. Punching a scrake in the face is infinitely cooler than holding a hammer sideways at him.

e- Never mind, it's apparently already in the game.

e2- After further testing, it's not exactly parrying and it requires a headshot to work, so my first point still stands.

Colosmicon fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 3, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Also: have movement momentum effect melee damage

Also also: have falling momentum effect melee damage

Let my running ten foot leap pulverizer drops mean something

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The katana works pretty well as medic.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

Also: have movement momentum effect melee damage

Also also: have falling momentum effect melee damage

Let my running ten foot leap pulverizer drops mean something

I still sprint towards enemies before hitting them in the vain hope that this will someday be implemented.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am the loving worst at parrying things. I also have this wonderful habit of timing my melee bashes to the face or overhand swings juuust as a clot rears back for their grab animation, so I wiff where their head used to be and get grabbed :downs:

If they had noses, pretty sure I'd be breaking them with how close that miss feels.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Section Z posted:

I am the loving worst at parrying things. I also have this wonderful habit of timing my melee bashes to the face or overhand swings juuust as a clot rears back for their grab animation, so I wiff where their head used to be and get grabbed :downs:

If they had noses, pretty sure I'd be breaking them with how close that miss feels.

To be fair, the windup feels a couple of frames too slow. I suspect that TWI is going for a sense of physical realism in the way that the player character handles, but stuff like the collision boxes and the melee bash aren't quite there yet.

Colosmicon fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 3, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You also need to get good with tells of attacks. Gorefasts have a bunch of different attack animations when I tried it and it was hard to know when to block. it was basically like playing Punch Out but with zombies

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I like blocking scrakes with the scalpel a bunch. I feel like some super kungfu master effortlessly parrying with a butter knife :smug: ...and then I die. :smith:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Perestroika posted:

It's comparatively bad right now because no perk interacts with it, but in and of itself it seems like a decent weapon. Damage is somewhat low-ish, but it's fast and offers good reach on swings. Most importantly it's hella fun to go all Kill Bill on a bunch of clots and watch the bodyparts fly. Just using it for a while basically put the martial arts perk at the top of the list of things I'm looking forward to, it seems like it could be insanely fun and useful with a perk that profits from it.

I hope martial artist gets the fireaxe back, loved that thing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Grapplejack posted:

I hope martial artist gets the fireaxe back, loved that thing.

Probably not, IIRC the Martial Artist is going to be more light fast weapons versus the Zerker's heavy weapons

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm holding out hope for the firebug to have a literal fireaxe

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Ruggington posted:

I'm holding out hope for the firebug to have a literal fireaxe

Just give the Firebug an ability that adds fire damage to all his melee and a visual effect with the weapons implement on fire.

Fireaxe, flaming katana, burning shovel, inferno hammer, etc.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I pretty much never parry because the pulverizer makes them stagger and running circles is better.

but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kBt-l9r3I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Ramsus posted:

I pretty much never parry because the pulverizer makes them stagger and running circles is better.

but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kBt-l9r3I

I find Fleshpounds easier to parry than Scrakes but yeah if you can just keep one of them occupied with relentless parrying it gives your team a chance to kill the trash and/or unload on it safely. Now, when FOUR of them show up at the same time, however...

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 3, 2015