Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Pretty much the only difference between hillaryis44 and freep is that hillaryis44 posters don't hate the clintons or gay people. Everything else is the same.

So then they are a perfect reflection of Hillary Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cubey posted:

There are exactly zero reasons to vote for Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the democratic primary and you are are a human poo poo pooped out of a butt if you do so

What if you hate old white men

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

What if you hate old white men

The Republicans have a charismatic neurosurgeon who'd be right up your alley.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Under the vegetable posted:

The Republicans have a charismatic neurosurgeon who'd be right up your alley.

I hear he's very eloquent and appears like he is "one of the good ones".

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Alex DeLarge posted:

I hear he's very eloquent and appears like he is "one of the good ones".

He is indeed very well spoken.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

McAlister posted:

The world exists outside your personal experience. I think Hillary is brilliant and plays the game superbly around the restrictions society places on her ( Obama cannot be the Angry Black Man but Clinton is forbidden from being the Emotional Woman and thus has a much larger canvas of rhetoric denied to her, for example ).

To compare Mitt to Hillary is insane. The difference between someone who has more than enough and devotes their life to public service/charity and someone who will never have enough and devotes his life to gutting companies to extract the tasty pension funds within is staggering. It's the classist equivalent of saying you can't tell black people apart - and even then it's stupid because folks like mitt who were born to wealth look down their patrician noses on folks like Hillary who weren't ( and most self made rich folks are just as contemptuous towards the generational rich in return ).

The divide and conquer strategy works in both directions.

yeah none of that has anything to do with what I said but ok

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary will try really hard. I'm glad Bernie won't go negative, perhaps Clinton can trash Chaffee instead.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

drat. That's a good thing for Santorum to say, although he used the "state's rights" punt to avoid having an opinion on the bathroom question. Also, that's one more thing he has in common with radical Iranian clerics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I would be okay with a Hillary Clinton as President, Bernie Sanders as vice president ticket vs. Jeb Bush and Scott Walker.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hollismason posted:

I would be okay with a Hillary Clinton as President, Bernie Sanders as vice president ticket vs. Jeb Bush and Scott Walker.
I only have two reasons to not be totally down with VP Sanders. 1. Is Vermont going to put up someone of similar left-alignment? (I assume so, but am not certain.) 2. Would Hilldogg need someone to shore up another area?

Sanders definitely serves the same role I remember thinking Biden would back in '08, that being assassination insurance.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm not joking I think that the actual VP nomination will be Cory Booker .

If I were a betting man Hillary and Booker on one ticket then Jeb Bush an Scott Walker.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Personally i want first ever third term VP Joe Biden.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I have yet to see anything on Bernie Sanders that makes me question my impression that he's actually a good person who believes in and stands up for good things, and if I were American I'd happily donate and volunteer for his campaign to help him beat Hillary for the Democratic nomination.

In 2017, President Bush announces that in the wake of failed negotiations Iran has become dangerously close to constructing nuclear weapons, something that cannot be allowed to happen in a nation that is hostile not only to America, but which is oppressive to its own citizens, denies Israel's very right to exist, and is a threat to all of America's friends and allies in the region.

Let's roll.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nintendo Kid posted:

Sanders - Biden 2016

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

If I were a betting man Hillary and Booker on one ticket then Jeb Bush an Scott Walker.

I think having Booker, Sanders, or (not loving likely) Warren asa VP candidate would be a massive waste of good senators in a bullshit role. I'd much rather see someone like Chaffee in a VP role, because it's not like he's making much political hay these days anyway.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Nah. Clinton/Castro vs. Santorum/Martinez. I'm not really sure if Bush or Walker really have sufficient conservative credentials to satisfy the rabid teapers.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Saucer Crab posted:

I saw a Ben Carson for President 2016 sticker on the back of a brand new, still in temp tags Acura today and cracked up laughing. The phrase "more money than sense" was all I could think of.

I saw one yesterday on a Dodge Ram, but going out of Tacoma and towards Seattle. I died laughing at the wheel and pointed towards it. First bumper sticker for 2016, but I'd totally rep a Bernie 2016 sticker to support him and to balance that out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Weltlich posted:

I think having Booker, Sanders, or (not loving likely) Warren asa VP candidate would be a massive waste of good senators in a bullshit role. I'd much rather see someone like Chaffee in a VP role, because it's not like he's making much political hay these days anyway.

I agree, it's why I don't pester Sherrod Brown to run. I'd rather he be my Senator than my President. Why hasn't this been argued more than it has, anyway?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Lindsey is totally checking that guy out.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Look at that fucker and his cultural appropriation. The glasses were one thing, but instagram filters? That's just offensive.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie is deep in enemy territory (NH) but still looks right at home.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Perry is a douche but he looks way smarter with glasses on.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Joementum posted:

Bernie is deep in enemy territory (NH) but still looks right at home.

I'm the suspenders

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Nintendo Kid posted:

i would do anything for this

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Enigma89 posted:

Perry is a douche but he looks way smarter with glasses on.

Looks like a low level supervisor or field manager. He's seriously only a hardhat away.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Also, a communist acquaintance of mine has weighed in on Bernie

quote:

Sanders is a pseudo-leftist huckster who enthusiastically supported the NATO break up of Yugoslavia. He backed the '90s Iraq sanctions, voted ''yes'' on the March '03 CR endorsing Bush's invasion, supported the imperial adventure in Afghanistan, supports the death penalty (even voted for expanding its scope on the federal level), and argued against cuts in the defense budget because some of them would have affected military contracts in VT.

The John Birch Society gave his congressional voting record a 45% rating. gently caress him.
Welp, wrap it up guys.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joe, how do people survive in New Hampshire?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I bet he won't vote because nobody is pure enough for him and then complain that the Republicans won because they control the media, too.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Finally finished powering through this thread over the last couple weeks.

I eagerly await the GOP debates. I never thought it could be better than last cycle, but now my hopes are up.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

I bet he won't vote because nobody is pure enough for him and then complain that the Republicans won because they control the media, too.
But at least it won't be his responsibility!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Nessus posted:

But at least it won't be his responsibility!

'tis the fault of the Democratic Base (i.e. minorities) for not realizing that there are no practical differences between any political agenda short of Full Communism.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Luigi Thirty posted:

Well he lives in the bay area so his vote really doesn't count for anything outside of, like, mayoral races.

edit: But wasn't Hillary's voting for that same continuing resolution a big part of the reason people were backing Obama over her? Could it be that those people were full of poo poo?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

PupsOfWar posted:

'tis the fault of the Democratic Base (i.e. minorities) for not realizing that there are no practical differences between any political agenda short of Full Communism.

Everything short of Full Communism is fascism. Bernie Sanders is a fascist.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Cliff Racer posted:

Well he lives in the bay area so his vote really doesn't count for anything outside of, like, mayoral races.

edit: But wasn't Hillary's voting for that same continuing resolution a big part of the reason people were backing Obama over her? Could it be that those people were full of poo poo?
People keep saying over and over 'she voted for the Iraq war, I can't support someone who ever did that, end of line.' If Bernie basically also did that, well then

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nessus posted:

People keep saying over and over 'she voted for the Iraq war, I can't support someone who ever did that, end of line.' If Bernie basically also did that, well then

Sanders voted against the original Iraq AUMF while Hillary voted for it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I like the way Franken backed out of his Iraq War vote, by just explaining that he was tricked by the once-trusted Colin Powell and feels a great sense of betrayal.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Nessus posted:

Sanders voted for the 2001 AUMF against the people who did 9/11, which passed 420-1 in the House and 98-0 in the Senate. He voted against the 2002 AUMF and the 2003 invasion, so I don't think one can fairly characterize him as voting for the war.

Also, I don't understand why anyone would discuss the John Birch Society in conjunction with Bernie Sanders, since they're hardcore libertarians.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

MaxxBot posted:

Sanders voted against the original Iraq AUMF while Hillary voted for it.

The CR was funding it after it began, then?

edit: JB isn't really libertarian, they are isolationist and capitalist but they love military spending and I don't think they are socially liberal. The whole point of it was that he voted "their" way about half of the time while he'd prefer it to be more like zero. The guy is very intelligent but also very much a nut in that way that certain internet people get.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

PupsOfWar posted:

I like the way Franken backed out of his Iraq War vote, by just explaining that he was tricked by the once-trusted Colin Powell and feels a great sense of betrayal.

oh like your friends have never pulled a prank on you

• Locked thread