Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

KurdtLives posted:

I didn't realize the AT-8 was considered weak, I have a 63% winrate in it somehow.
The problem is that while the AT-2's cupola can bounce some shots fairly regularly when fighting things at it's tier, the AT-8's won't. Anyone who knows anything about the AT line will shoot your cupola and you won't be able to hide it due to poor armor layout and bad gun angling.

The only time I tend to die to AT-8's is when I've been messed up by other tanks and it's able to get a lot of penetrating shots on me before I turn my sights to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Some 60% w/r retard just lost us the game because he was typing "I'm the third best in this game" when the enemy shot him. After leaving a nearly complete cap.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

NTRabbit posted:

The AT-2 and AT-7 are great, the AT-8 and AT-15 are bad, and the Tortoise would be good in a world where gold rounds for credits wasn't a thing, and they hadn't designed tier 10 TDs to be able to two shot anything.
The AT-15 isn't great but its gun handling makes it much less annoying than the -8, if you can work with that gimmick. 50 degree arc and +/-10 elevation/depression can get you a lot of angle on your armour.

JuffoWup posted:

The hidden gem of the at-7 is using the stock 6pdr gun. The pubbies will rage at you being being a hacker because of the very short inter clip reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHBbMxMLrcE

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

im salt tho

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Desuwa posted:

This post is dumb and bad.

Cent a poo poo.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Prav posted:

This post a poo poo.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Itzena posted:

The AT-15 isn't great but its gun handling makes it much less annoying than the -8, if you can work with that gimmick. 50 degree arc and +/-10 elevation/depression can get you a lot of angle on your armour.

Oh the AT-15 had its moments when I drove it, but to give it context it's the same tier as the ISU-152 and Rhoomba. You could get a roll on as top tier, but on NA you see mostly tier 10 battles driving tier 8s, and it just can't handle the step up like the camouflaged big guns of those two.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 2, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

A tank purpose-built for sitting behind a hill half a km away like a little bitch.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Southern Dandy posted:

Me on TS tonight: "Oh you've really never seen dickbutt before? It's a dick, with a butt, with a dick coming out of its butt."

That was glorious shame they weren't interested in goatse

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Prav posted:

A tank purpose-built for sitting behind a hill half a km away like a little bitch.

It's got the best turret of the t9 mediums that have gun depression, and while the DPM doesn't need to be so low it's also the best of the t9 mediums for actually putting its DPM into the health bars of the enemy tanks, so it evens out. The camo is also solid, which can't be said of the Type 61 and possibly the AMX 30 (haven't played it enough but I'm not impressed by its camo so far). The 46 patton has decent camo too, but the lack of accuracy and pen can be problematic, though not too much. The lack of a proper premium round is annoying but it's not actually any worse off than the E 50, Lorraine, or 54E1, and none of those have any real penetration issues.

The turret may not be the most consistent turret in the game, but the combination of a decent turret (one which doesn't have a huge cupola and doesn't get penetrated by t7 mediums) and good gun depression is something no other t9 medium has and it allows the Cent to do a lot of things no other t9 medium can, at least not without getting harshly punished. In exchange you tend to be worse if someone forces you into a DPM race and your turret isn't quite as strong as the T-54/430v2/WZ-120 turrets.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 2, 2015

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Feel-good convo of the week right here:

Basically what happened is that our team won the field and lost the hill on Hidden Valley. We had two medium tanks on the cap circle and I was in the midfield when the opposing team smashed our last tank up on the hill. I checked the hit point counts and the enemy team had twice as much as we did including a full health JPE 100 and some other big tank plus a couple of other reasonably healthy tanks but they didn't have any speed other than a BatChat which I felt that three medium tanks could deal with so I text chatted "Get on the cap".

The guy who convo'ed me was driving a BatChat and he left cap to attempt to stop the enemy team from capping. It didn't work out and I made a mistake and got shot by a T110E5 that came back to defend cap so we lost by capture. I was a little bit annoyed about how it went down and remarked as such to Dandy when this convo window popped up.

So if you see a guy named Badkarma tell him Arishtat says 'Sup.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

The Cent turrets are fun but unreliable, I've had them bounce silver rounds from a JpE on the mantlet, and get penned through the same mantlet by silver rounds from an IS and a Black Prince.

It's good odds for bouncing shells while bobbing up and down on hills, but don't just sit there like you're a T32

The mantlet is very good at stopping HEAT rounds, not so good at bouncing ~268mm average penetration APCR though. The problem with the Centurion I, mk.7/1, Caernarvon and base model Conqueror turret (it's all the same turret) is that it has very weak cheeks and the strip of armor above the mantlet is easily over matched. It's slightly less of an issue on the Caernarvon and Conqueror because they get better gun handling soft stats, specifically gun bloom on turret and hull movement, but it's a real problem on the Centurions because you have to give the gun time to settle before popping off a shot at ranges > 100m or it will miss and that's more than enough time for a T-62/Patton/E-50 to take a bead on those weak spots.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That was glorious shame they weren't interested in goatse

I hope it doesn't lose any magic in the explanation.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Arishtat posted:

Feel-good convo of the week right here:

Basically what happened is that our team won the field and lost the hill on Hidden Valley. We had two medium tanks on the cap circle and I was in the midfield when the opposing team smashed our last tank up on the hill. I checked the hit point counts and the enemy team had twice as much as we did including a full health JPE 100 and some other big tank plus a couple of other reasonably healthy tanks but they didn't have any speed other than a BatChat which I felt that three medium tanks could deal with so I text chatted "Get on the cap".

The guy who convo'ed me was driving a BatChat and he left cap to attempt to stop the enemy team from capping. It didn't work out and I made a mistake and got shot by a T110E5 that came back to defend cap so we lost by capture. I was a little bit annoyed about how it went down and remarked as such to Dandy when this convo window popped up.

So if you see a guy named Badkarma tell him Arishtat says 'Sup.

Who knew this demon of WoT has such a soft heart.

My poo poo-talk these days focuses on the other team, mostly. Compliments for doing well go much further with your teammates, I find. You did a good thing there, Arish.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Don't also forget that the cents can climb hills better than more mediums. I dunno why that is, but there are some slopes they'll climb that other mediums in the same tier can't. That with the mantlet helps them do pretty well compared to most mediums. It isn't some t32 turret face, but it can still hold out in a hull down position.

enkalen
May 26, 2013

BadLlama posted:

The only probably with free xping the AMX 40 is you miss out on the epic AMX 40 vs AMX 40 scenario.

This is a hilarious scenario. Somehow I even Aced the AMX 40.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Does anyone know how bad the ping is from Asia (specifically Singapore) to the US servers?

I downloaded the asian server version a few days ago and i'm having fun, but playing without goons just sucks.

If the ping isn't too bad i don't mind restarting on the US server(s).

edit: Screw it i'm downloading the NA client. I'm going to create a new WG NA account, does anyone want to toss me an invite or referral code?

raffie fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 2, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enkalen posted:

This is a hilarious scenario. Somehow I even Aced the AMX 40.
B1 duels are even best. I had a match where i faced off against another B1 and that battle lasted more than 5 minutes.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

R. Mute posted:

To free-xp past the AMX 40 or not. Dilemmas.
The AMX 40 is a lot more fun than the AMX 38 and you apparently played through that :shrug:

NTRabbit posted:

The AT-2 and AT-7 are great, the AT-8 and AT-15 are bad, and the Tortoise would be good in a world where gold rounds for credits wasn't a thing, and they hadn't designed tier 10 TDs to be able to two shot anything.
The AT8 gets a 75mm gun that fires at 57mm speed. It does 75mm damage on a 2 second reload. You have to shoot a lot of gold with it, but watching tanks melt from it was hilarious. More so if you carry like 10 HE and find a waffentrager.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

James Garfield posted:

The AMX 40 is a lot more fun than the AMX 38 and you apparently played through that :shrug:
I got past the AMX 38 in 17 games with a winrate of 59% - I gave up on the AMX 40 after 19 at 47%. It's just not a good tank.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I guess I played last night when I was really drunk. Woke up this morning with an Ace Tanker on my IS and an SU-122-44 in my garage.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

ELI PORTER posted:

I guess I played last night when I was really drunk. Woke up this morning with an Ace Tanker on my IS and an SU-122-44 in my garage.

What up, fellow drunk Soviet premium guy?

Except mine was a Churchill, and I realized I had drunk a pint of vodka out of a loving beer stein.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

Missing Name posted:

What up, fellow drunk Soviet premium guy?

Except mine was a Churchill, and I realized I had drunk a pint of vodka out of a loving beer stein.

SU-122-44 is fun as hell but I can't seem to buy a win in it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ELI PORTER posted:

SU-122-44 is fun as hell but I can't seem to buy a win in it.

I cannot win or perform well with mine either but others seems to wreck poo poo with theirs.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I cannot win or perform well with mine either but others seems to wreck poo poo with theirs.

I've forgotten how much it sucks to play in sneaky-type tanks without Sixth Sense.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

ELI PORTER posted:

Drunk you has good taste in tanks.

Sixth Sense is pretty optional in the SU-122-44 because it is happiest driving up to the side of other tanks, planting the muzzle on their hulls and delivering 400+ damage shots every ~6.5 seconds until the target explodes.

It's a lot of fun in a platoon of 2-3 or paired with fast medium tanks. It is also extremely profitable even if you use APCR rounds liberally.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is it possible to just straight up disable chat so you can't see anything these idiots type? I'm done with all these loving retards.

M6 *cry cry* im just going to afk i can't do anything in tier 8
Me Your gun is perfectly fine for every tank in this battle
m6 proceeds to block and ram me
Me I kill him and people get angry

VV Holy poo poo nice.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 2, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The more I play the AMX 30p the more I love it. Can't put my finger on why exactly though...

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

Arishtat posted:

Drunk you has good taste in tanks.

Sixth Sense is pretty optional in the SU-122-44 because it is happiest driving up to the side of other tanks, planting the muzzle on their hulls and delivering 400+ damage shots every ~6.5 seconds until the target explodes.

It's a lot of fun in a platoon of 2-3 or paired with fast medium tanks. It is also extremely profitable even if you use APCR rounds liberally.

Interesting. I've been trying to play it as a sneaky sniper sort of guy. I just decided to go in to a game with this approach. Got a Tier 7 game on Serene Coast with a TOG platoon on the other team.

:getin:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh man when you get Togs in your SU-122-44 you are basically given XP/Credit pinatas and its amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Oh man when you get Togs in your SU-122-44 you are basically given XP/Credit pinatas and its amazing.

Fixed that for ya. I love facing them :unsmith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Most tanks are XP/Credit pinatas in the SU-122-44. The gun is terrifying

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bunch of guys posted:

stuff about the AT 15
Sup.

'Tis a great tonk. Highest average XP of all my vehicles, too. Well, apart from the T1 Heavy, but that only has 7 battles that were a good streak, instead of a pretty decent sample size of 183 battles.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Dear teammates,

I'm going to need you

to do something

anything

please.

My last four games. Actually, the first one wasn't that bad considering everyone down to the Comet pulled their weight, but it was depressing because it was one of those 'Good flank, bad flank' type of deals. The last game, otoh, was just pathetic. The other flank fell and the enemy team started capping. I was the only one heading back, but was jumped by the AMX, the WZ and the T44 along the way. I gave as good as I got, which probably meant the rest of my team would've stood a chance... if they had bothered to try to reset the cap.

Magres posted:

Most tanks are XP/Credit pinatas in the SU-122-44. The gun is terrifying
I've been playing the SU-152 with its 122 (which is even better, I think) and I can confirm. It's especially fun on the 152 because people expect the 152, so they charge you or stay out in the open after you've fired. That's just not a good idea. Just such a terrible idea.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I dont understand the nerds that just fire 100% HEAT from their T-54/T-62/Obj 140's it's not needed at all but whatever.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

I dont understand the nerds that just fire 100% HEAT from their T-54/T-62/Obj 140's it's not needed at all but whatever.

Makes you upset is reason enough. The moment someone whines about gold rounds I make sure to sling it at them and everyone else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Makes you upset is reason enough. The moment someone whines about gold rounds I make sure to sling it at them and everyone else.

I don't care about people shooting gold but it just seems strange to me that they would fling 100% heat when the pen on their AP is like what 270 for the teir 10s and you don't have to worry about weird rear end HEAT mechanics.

I respect the 100% gold troll though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
HEAT on the T-54 is legit because the accurate gun has 200 pen and there are a few fascist box tanks where you really need the higher numerical pen to be able to hurt them reasonably.

People who spam HEAT out of the tier 10 medium Russians are dumb as rocks though, the APCR is just straight up better most of the time.

R. Mute posted:

I've been playing the SU-152 with its 122 (which is even better, I think) and I can confirm. It's especially fun on the 152 because people expect the 152, so they charge you or stay out in the open after you've fired. That's just not a good idea. Just such a terrible idea.

If you like the SU-152, get the SU-122-44. Take the SU-152, downgrade it's gun (a little), and then make it turn 4x as fast and accelerate twice as fast and you have the SU-122-44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I just free xp'd my second tank ever: the Archer. loving hell, I couldn't take it anymore.