Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

joeburz posted:

Uh that's this thread, plus alcoholism

i dunno, does uspol have enough backbiting to be dadchat tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

the ones in mami states are right

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

joeburz posted:

Uh that's this thread, plus alcoholism

i think alcoholism is every thread in D&D tbh.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

i dunno if im not-sick enough to start tindering again. i dont want to be a viral vector

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

:dogbutton:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

i like how natalie portman doesnt grow at all between e1 and e2 but anakin grows just enough for them to start a romantic relationship

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

whats the galactic republics ruling on statutory rape

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

did they ever enforce any laws? they seemed more like a trade/military empire then an actual "pass laws" one

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ReidRansom posted:

America is being strangled by the false PMMM divide. We must bring about a new era of political understanding, wherein politics are viewed through the lens of which Gundam is better. Only then can true progress be made.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

did they ever enforce any laws? they seemed more like a trade/military empire then an actual "pass laws" one

at the point of when the movies are being shot it seems like the galactic republics devolved into being 21st century congress, so no actual laws were passed

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

nutranurse posted:

i like how natalie portman doesnt grow at all between e1 and e2 but anakin grows just enough for them to start a romantic relationship

after the french version of Leon the Professional turnaround is fair play

nutranurse posted:

george lucas joked about loving teenagers and it's his artistic vision so

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

CoolCab posted:

it's like how the romans were like "what the gently caress ever, pay your taxes, don't threaten roman hegemony and do what the gently caress pleases you"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I hope Cameron tries to stay in as a minority with the largest seat share and is forced out by a confidence motion tacked onto his Queen's speech.

On the tears would be glorious

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

it's like how the romans were like "what the gently caress ever, pay your taxes, don't threaten roman hegemony and do what the gently caress pleases you"

point

i mean there was literal slavery going on in various corners of the galaxy so its not as if the galactic republic was doing anything at all to enforce its laws

Jagchosis posted:

george lucas joked about loving teenagers and it's his artistic vision so
i wish george lucas would die already so someone more capable could completely take over his vision, but disney seems to have told the fat gently caress to gently caress right off

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

nutranurse posted:

at the point of when the movies are being shot it seems like the galactic republics devolved into being 21st century congress, so no actual laws were passed

so what you're saying is that we're about to be taken over by a wave of glorious fascism?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Lotka Volterra posted:

so what you're saying is that we're about to be taken over by a wave of glorious fascism?

well maybe in europe. here in :911: we've always been kind of fascist if youre not white

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

I hope Cameron tries to stay in as a minority with the largest seat share and is forced out by a confidence motion tacked onto his Queen's speech.

On the tears would be glorious

how do minority governments work in the UK? do they have to be coalition governments or is it like canada where the minority with the plurality gets the government til no confidence

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jagchosis posted:

how do minority governments work in the UK? do they have to be coalition governments or is it like canada where the minority with the plurality gets the government til no confidence

in theory i think it's like canada, in practice i'm not sure. they passed the fixed term parliament act to enforce the current hosed government so no one is quite sure how it actually plays out. yaaaay, not having a constitution

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
constitutions are overrated imo

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

man gently caress palpatine sheev

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

im so not looking forward to getting to e4-6 when the sfx starts sucking

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

man gently caress palpatine sheev

"this is how democracy dies" WHAT YOU loving IDIOT, WITH THE LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT loving LITERALLY EVERYTHING UP

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

do americans feel good knowing the british electoral system is also an utter clusterfuck?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CoolCab posted:

man you're a cool dude fishmech, i like your posting a lot, and even more i like how people react to it. you too, other chat regulars.

i liked when someone was so angry they declared it made sense to say you live in boston if you live in providence, (literally the capital of a different state and like 40 miles away) just because he couldn't accept a sane definition of what a city is

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

No written constitution baby. Generally the party with the largest seat share gets first crack at forming a government if they fail to do so they step aside as a matter of form but some PMs have stuck it out a forced an official no confidence.

Salisbury and 1892 may be the closest parallel when the Tories won the largest seat share without an outright majority but where forced out when the Liberals teamed up with the IPP, the Irish nationalist party, and sunk his government by amending his queens speech with a no confidence motion

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

im so not looking forward to getting to e4-6 when the sfx starts sucking

see i never grew up with these ones so i dont have that whole 'childhood nostalgia' thing blinding me to their sucky sfx

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I only eat food so underground that you have to find it with a shovel

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

corn in the bible posted:

I only eat food so underground that you have to find it with a shovel

i like you too, corn in the bible. you're cool i like your av

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

eat less kale

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
coolcab gets drunk, starts complementing everyone, telling them how their contribution makes the world better and more interesting. dnd chat thread is about dreams.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

amidala: i think dooku was behind this
mace jackson: he was a jedi its not in his character

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF THE DARKSIDE

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
As a man you're allowed to have a buzzcut. Haircuts not mentioned in the previous sentence are unacceptable.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

paragon1 posted:

America is being strangled by the false PMMM divide. We must bring about a new era of political understanding, wherein politics are viewed through the lens of which Gundam is better. Only then can true progress be made.

i don't know gundams. can we go on which love live girl is best?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

kustomkarkommando posted:

UKMT thread is going to turn real nasty

:raise:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Randler posted:

As a man you're allowed to have a buzzcut. Haircuts not mentioned in the previous sentence are unacceptable.

lol, hairstyle is like the biggest way men can engage w/ fashion

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Randler posted:

i like the sort of 50s haircut that you gel down with a part that would make Moses blush. that's my favorite.

hi randler, how are you. you're pretty cool.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Randler posted:

hitler youth cut errrryday

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

hi Exclamation Marx! my sister is in new zealand doing that weird foreign gap year tourist thing. and i don't like it, but if she has to do it somewhere, new zealand seems pretty seemly. it's okay right? not fulla rapists or something

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

CoolCab posted:

hi Exclamation Marx! my sister is in new zealand doing that weird foreign gap year tourist thing. and i don't like it, but if she has to do it somewhere, new zealand seems pretty seemly. it's okay right? not fulla rapists or something
what's her hairstyle

this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

it's funny seeing doe-eyed American liberals realize Europe is a racist shithole with a political system nearly as dysfunctional as America's

• Locked thread